Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Wednesday

Hi all:

getting ready to have my breakfast and walk. Another nice day but a bit warm for me. the air quality was awful this summer and the worst part was the soot that got everywhere--I am still cleaning it. It was also nerve wracking to have the fire be 5 miles away. Hope we get some rain soon and we can get out of fire danger.

to MME--always glad to have some newbies! Sounds like you have a reasonable goal--what is your plan for the holidays? We have about 6.5 weeks until new years so we can do a lot in that time!

Stacy: good plans for the weekend. Maybe you can get the hubby to make some fruit too--after all even if your kids dont have weight problems, eating healthy is something that anyone can benefit from. I know you have a supportive hubby and it is great he wants to cook for you all! I have gotten so spoiled by nutrisystem, all I "cook" is veggies and salad. A thought--maybe have your family pick out some frozen meals they like for the weekend dinners and you pick out some lean cuisines. Then a salad with lowfat dressing and you are there! Also, I always make sure I have delicious fruit in season around for snacks and health. Right now the apples are fantastic--my faves are the ambrosia.

Have a great day all!

sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #227  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Good evening all,

I ended up having a good day over all. While my kids were making virgin daquiries, i was walking my two miles...that works for me. I did okay on eating today. I ate a little more than i should have once i added all the calories up...bummer. Gotta gear up for my friday weigh in. So how bout i set some goals for tomorrow.

1600 cals
8 glasses of water
2 miles of aerobic walking

Sno: Wow, that is nuts you were only 5 miles from the fire. Geeze. I bet you were on needles and pins. Over here in TN we could use some rain too, been dry for months. My kids do pretty good about eating healthy, especially my 8 year old daughter, she will choose an apple over icecream any day. Not so much with my teenage son...he is, well....a teenage boy...what can you do. So I am in the process of clearing the house all junk. I have to do it slowly so nobody goes into a full blown panic. Apples are in season here too. I like the gala apples. YUM. They make a nice alternative to chips with my sandwiches at lunch.

Hey, MM...sounds like your daughter is a go-getter. What is your method of weight loss? I am a calorie counter. Used to be on WW, years ago. I do well on both when i stick to it. My down fall is carbs. Tell your daughter that someone on 3fatchicks said "thank you, for all she sacrifices for her country".

Ok, stay strong and focused folks.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get n healthy View Post
Good evening all,

Hey, MM...sounds like your daughter is a go-getter. What is your method of weight loss? I am a calorie counter. Used to be on WW, years ago. I do well on both when i stick to it. My down fall is carbs. Tell your daughter that someone on 3fatchicks said "thank you, for all she sacrifices for her country".

Ok, stay strong and focused folks.
Right now my method is just to eat healthy foods in moderation. I'm trying to eat whole grains, fruits, lean meats and veggies in moderate servings. I want to make a lifestyle change instead of feeling like I'm on a diet. Right now I can't excercise because I have an ankle effusion (fluid around the joint). I didn't injure it so my doctor is trying to figure out what's wrong with me since I had an effusion on my hip joint a year ago. Right now I'm waiting to see a Rheumatologist, but so far all of my auto-immune workup has come back negative. So we'll see. I just finished a 10 day dose of Prednisone and I'm thinking that may have stalled my weight loss, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, this ankle will heal up soon so I can really get down to business and start excercising. I tried doing the 15 minute WATP video a few times, but even that makes my ankle hurt, so I think I'll just let it heal and then start off slow.

I will definately give Erica your message...and your right she is a go getter! She is truly my inspiration in this journey towards a healthy lifestyle. I can't imagine leaving all my friends and family as she has done at such a young age. She is so brave and has accomplished so much in a short time. Besides being in the military she is a full time college student and does all of her classes online. My heart bursts with pride when I talk about her...can you tell? LOL.
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #229  

Thursday.
Geeze what a challenging morning. I dont know what was wrong with me but i was craving everything from a biscuit and sausage to a whomping fatty cheeseburger. And this was by 9 a.m. What was going on there? I had my normal Kashi cereal with 1/2 banana and fresh blueberries for bkf, this usually keeps me full well until lunch. But today, 5 minutes after i finished bkf, i was starving. Then DH forgot his cell phone at home, so i took that to him at work. I passed all kinds of fast food and it was SO hard not to turn in to any of them. i NEVER crave lunch or dinner food in the morning, but today...it was on.

I am proud to say i didnt cave. I drove right on past them. Came home rummaged through the cabinets and fridge...thankfully, i found nothing really good there....by good, i mean FATTENING and YUMMY. So i went into my home office and typed in my journal for a while. This took my mind off the food for a while. I ended up snacking on a light string cheese. Yea for me. Then i started returning emails and forgot about food again. Next thing i know, it is lunch time. WHew...i officially made it past the cravings. Had a good cup of soup and half a sandwich. Oddly, my stomach has shrunk significantly since i started. Used to i would eat the whole can of soup and a whole sandwich and still be hunting for something. So i am very happy about that. Now i just have to watch that i dont stretch my stomach on thanksgiving. One plate...that is it. Seriously. And that one plate cant be stacked to the ceiling. ha ha. I decied i could have whatever i wanted on thanksgiving...just moderation...one plate.

I have hurt my finger doing something. I dont even remember injuring it. Not good when you make your living with your fingers...medical transcriptionist. I dont know what i did to it though, i just know it feels good when i pull on it...aches constantly when i dont. Weird.

So where is sno? No check in last night, no check in this morning.

MM, i like you approach to weight loss. Just healthy lifestlye, no diet. That is what i try to do too. If my weight loss slows i start counting calories..to see if i am eating more than i thought and, well, usually i am. So i try to keep it between 1600-1700 cals...but i mostly round it off and guestimate. If my calories are okay and i am still not losing, i start looking at how much fat i eat. And that is usually the culprit. I cant do those strict diet plans that dont allow this food and dont allow that food. It just doesnt work for me.

Bummer about your ankle. That is aweful. It is SO hard to do any real cardio with a bum ankle. I do love WATP though. I would be lost without my Leslie Sansone. I used to have an elliptical and i LOVED it. But i wore it out i guess and havnt been able to afford another one. What is your daughter studying in college, what major?

Ok, well time to get back to work.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #230  

Default Yippee!

Wow,wow wow!

I am so pleased this morning--I weighted in at 188! I havent weighed below 190 for the last 14 years! I want to celebrate--hmm--I have to think of something to do to celebrate that wont cost money and doesnt involve food! Maybe have a dance party with my hubby tonight!

I am going to reiterate my holiday goals since Stacey brought it up--

My plan is to be 100% on plan except for Thanksgiving, my birthday on Dec 16 and Christmas.

On the feast days I want to have one meal that is a treat meal--and have one plate of anything I want in moderate portions, one serving of dessert--I will probably have two half servings. Also I get to have two pieces of candy whenever I want throughout the day.

Yeah--it was a stressful summer because of the fires. For a while I had my car loaded up with my most important stuff --then I took that out but kept my trunk full for the whole summer! I only recently brought that stuff in. Hope we get a good rain this winter to make it less dangerous.

Stacey: you did so well!! Just keeping yourself busy until the cravings go away is such a victory. Each time we do that it is like building our will power muscle--the more we do it the stronger we get!! I also try to drink lotsa water when I feel like that to fill up my stomach. That helps. And the plan I am on has a protein added to breakfast--I usually have a cup of lowfat yogurt and I have the kashi and fruit. That keeps me pretty even till lunch. Anyway--you have done it--and around the holidays too! Great job. I am sending you a personal willpower dust!

MM: Sorry to hear about the ankle--there is a lady on the Nutrisystem forum who takes prednisone and it definitely slows her weight loss. A suggestion--when my knee was bad I got a pilates video where I was doing exercises lying on the floor that did not involve any weight on my ankle--I could still work on my legs--leg lifts etc, and of course my abs and arms. Your daughter sounds fantastic--she must be a very strong woman. I have heard so many sad stories about women being attacked and sexually harassed in the military. Its like you not only have to learn to be a soldier but you have to tame the men.

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 11-15-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Sno: Congrats on 188!!!! I have seen you drop in your weight over the past few months! You are amazing and a great motivator!!

I just wanted to check in I have been on track with my lowcarb eating since my last checkin and I am eager for Monday to get here for my official weigh-in. I have also picked back up the working out and hope to see great changes in my body between now and New Years!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:05 AM   #232  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

I've been popping in and out of the forum--just returned from Guatemala with our newly adopted son and life is finally settling down a bit...

I'd like to concentrate on getting down to the 120's by New Years Day. That'd be 7-ish pounds in 6-ish weeks and should be do-able. I'm on Nutrisystem like Sno and hoping for success like hers!

Still trying to figure out when to exercise what with the whole new baby-centered lifestyle.....it'll take some experimenting I guess.

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #233  

Default exercise

Cuppa:

a friend of mine puts her toddler in a backpack and then gets on the treadmill--it is wonderful exercise!

Sno
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #234  

Well today was weigh in day and i have no good news. I guess i dont have bad news, in that i didnt gain...but i didnt lose either. DANG IT. So i went through my weeks journal and i guess i see why i stayed the same. I had a BAD weekend, then only had an okay week. With the weekend i had, i needed a perfect week. I did good on exercise and i was hoping that would pull me through to a loss, but i really wasnt expecting one. Oh well. I am not down and out though...i am still on the horse...ready to fight the fat. Feeling strong for the coming holiday.

cuppajoe- Guatamala! Wow, that is so cool. Congrats on your new adoption. Working out with a new baby can be challenging. Especially if the baby is super young. How old is your son? I know when mine was a newborn, when they napped, i wanted to nap. 3 hours of sleep a night will do that to you. ha ha. Maybe put him in a carrier and let him watch you work out. My kids found my works outs very entertaining.

Hi, Helpmelose. I too am looking forward to seeing some changes in my body between now and year years. that is a good way to put it. I need to watch my carbs too i think. I am doing better. Cut out pasta basically, i have learned i dont have to have bread with every meal and i have changed white potato for sweet potato...actually i am in love with sweet potato fries right now. I am loving them more than regular fries.

Hey Sno, WOW, down to 188, you have come so far. That is such a nice feeling to be back in numbers you havent been in for forever. that is crazy about having your car full of stuff so you can zoom away if need be because of the . That is intense.

Ok ladies. Lets gear up for a good weekend.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #235  

Get N Healthy- Yeah I have cut out a lot of carbs from my diet, for me this is the only way that I can diet, I think because it is pretty straight forward with what I can and can't eat and I see results fast. I am going to have to try the sweet potato fries- I guess once I get closer to my goal weight. I wonder how many carbs they have?

Cuppajoe - congrats on your new baby! I am sure what a joy he is bringing to your family. I think sno had a great suggestion about strapping him to you and walking that would be a great workout.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #236  

helpmelose, they are actually pretty low in carbs. That is why i choose them over a white potato. They have 12 carbs instead of a white potatoes 29 carbs. Plus a sweet potato is not actually a potato...it is actually in the squash family. cooh huh?
I posted some info below that i got from calorieking , which is a great source of information.

small Sweet potato
Nutrition Facts
Calories 54(Kilojoules 226)

% DV**
Total Fat 0.1 g 0%
Sat. Fat 0.0 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 22 mg 1%
Total Carbs. 12.4 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2.0 g 8%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 1.2 g
Calcium 22.8 mg
Potassium 285 mg
Note: A dash indicates no data is available

white potato
Serving Size: x small, 1-3/4" to 2-1/2" dia (4.9 oz) medium, 2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia (6.1 oz) large, 3" to 4-1/4" dia (10.5 oz) oz g

Nutrition Facts
Calories 134(Kilojoules 560)

% DV**
Total Fat 0.2 g 0%
Sat. Fat 0.0 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 11 mg 0%
Total Carbs. 29.6 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g 13%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 3.6 g
Calcium 24.8 mg
Potassium 759.0 mg
Note: A dash indicates no data is available.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #237  

Ok, i hate to post two times in a row. But posting here keeps me focused, so here goes.

Today is going SO well for a weekend. I have had a great, on plan bkf and lunch. Dinner is already planned and bought and it is a super healthy greek salad. So I am very pleased. Oh, and there are officially no more junk foods in my house. I have a new WATP video coming from Netflix today, so i am excited about that. I am bound and determined to lose at least a pound by thanksgiving.

How are you all doing this weekend?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #238  

Default Saturday!

Hi all:

last night I was super hungry and cold before bed so I had some chicken broth. Very low calories and it really warmed me up. I think it was too salty tho because I am up two lbs this morning--on the other hand my weight always fluctuates after a loss.

My husband works at the Rock and Roll Academy in town. It is a brand new school--afterschool program. Last night they had their season end recital. O mi gosh--it was the cutest thing ever--these kids were really good! The youngest kid is 7 years old up to 16. I wish they had something like this when I was a kid--I remember being ten and watching Josie and the kittycats and wanting to be in a band.

Stacey: post as often as you want--as you can see I use it a lot as well as posting in three other forums. I think this has been one of the secrets of my success--posting and reading other peoples posts have kept me focused! I like how you have really analyzed what you did last week that resulted in no weight loss but maintenance, and how you used that to fuel you to really get with the program rather than letting it get you down! Kudos!

Sno
Old 11-17-2007, 07:43 PM   #239  

I did it. So that shows that it can in fact be done. ha ha. I actually stayed on plan on a weekend. Now lets see if i can do it tomorrow too. I stayed under 1600 cals and got my two miles in. Drink only water. I know everyone says this, but i really think it comes down to not only planning but having the food ready. I had planned greek salad for dinner all day. Had the ingredients at home. Went to pick up my son from a friends house just before dinner and he said, "hey, lets get mcdonalds" ...so i was armed with a firm NO, i already have all my salad stuff at home. So i wasnt even tempted. Since i had already spent the money on greek salad stuff and i wasnt thinking, "Geeze, what is for dinner?". Since i alerady knew, it was easy to say no. And it worked because it was basically a no cook dinner. All i had to cook was the steaks that go on top...the rest of it just got thrown in a salad bowl. Cool.

hey sno: Dang salt. I ALWAYS go back up on the scale after a loss...sometimes significantly...i get so mad too. The recital last night sounds like a blast.

Ok, if you dont mind Sno, i will grab a bit of your from you last post.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #240  

Get n healthy- thanks for the info on the sweet potatos, I actually really like them but never thought about having them as fries. I will try them one day.

My Saturday went actually very well, stayed on plan for my low carb, today I have a low carb shake for breakfast, lunch was a salad from arbys, and then dinner was fish and broccoli and then I had some sf banana fudge pudding- its yummy!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!