Old 10-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #181  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Congratulations Sno!
I am battling my umpteenth cold this season and feeling pretty grumpy but am working out and have vowed to do away with the treadmill. As long as I eat clean and stick to teh working out...that's all I carea bout.

Plus...all I'm interested in is toning right now.

Still...having a cold makes me want to eat eat eat! So! Off I go to EAT....a salad@
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #182  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

I have been so busy that I haven't posted in like 2 weeks! Oops! Still not in ONEderland, but I'm going to get there...hopefully before Halloween. I'm sitting at 202 so in 2 weeks I've only lost 0.5 lbs. We had our Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend and then this weekend that just passed I cooked a big Ham for my SO and my grandparents came for dinner. I'm not losing because I'm not really trying. Darn, it's hard to admit that! But I'm getting back on track and I will get where I want to be. I think I was a little depressed when SO was out of town for 21 days straight...I was barely working out and it was all I could do to not come home and get into bed with some junk food and feel sorry for myself. I went and bought a couple new things on the weekend and then we had our Engagement shoot with the photographer on Sunday morning in the mountains. I felt much better and hope the photos will reflect my frame of mind more than my "frame" LOL. Anyhow I'm back to keeping my food diary 100% and will be back at the gym tonight. I just ordered Yoga Booty Ballet and can't wait to try that on my off days from the gym!

TTYS, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #183  
move it

Seems like a bunch of us are slogging through the ups and downs of life and weight loss. I'm doing OK but wishing it would come off faster. Congrats Snow on your losses! You're an inspiration.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #184  
focus creates results

Walking...running...walking...weights....clean eating...

still here...still working at it.

My mom gave my husband and I a family trip to Jamaica in April 2008 so there's incentive for me....come on weight....melt away magically!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #185  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Lekhika- nice trip! Sounds like you and I both have some incentive (my mom is doing an all inclusive for me and the b/f in march!). I'm also focusing on toning as well.

I keep bouncing between 127-129 weight wise which is okay cause I haven't been cheating much. I'm beginning to really love my workouts.

Jogs, pilates, turbo jam. My main three forms. I've noticed i'm standing taller, which even though I haven't lost weight I"m looking thinner. I also finally feel that my butt might be getting tighter. That's a tremendous accomplishment for me as my butt is very very stubborn.

tleef- .5 pounds in 2 weeks is still a loss. If you weren't trying and you had thanksgiving dinner, well any loss is an something!. Job well done!

I'm also fighting a cold. Mostly its all in the throat, but it's pretty hard to swallow, and at nights i get really stuffy. I've been making sure to get my workouts done in the morning as i'm least stuffy then and I feel almost as though post-workout my throat feels somewhat better.

Congrats to those who are still losing, and don't fret to those who aren't, just make sure you hop back on the wagon and keep on going!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thursday

Hi all:

it has been mucho hectic around here--I detailed the interior of my new car on Sunday and then detailed the Porsche yesterday before I return it to my friend. Sigh--it was fun while it lasted.

I also have had to get a lot of paperwork done and am kind of a wreck. Still isnt done.

But diet is going well--no further loss yet--just cruising at 195--feels really good! Exercise a little spotty--but detailing these cars is a lot of exercise. So I think I am getting my workouts.

going to visit my folks up in Monterey today--leavnig in about an hour. I plan a quiet trip--lost of rest and getting away from the swamp of tasks here in SB--my husband is getting wrist surgery next week.

For all of you with colds--remember exercise stimulates the immune system--unless you have a fever or are sick in bed it is good to kee going!

Must rush--

Take care all!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Oh my goodness!!! I need help ladies, I come back from vacation and haven't made if through one day successfully following low carb. I am sssoo done with eating crap and feeling like it afterwards. Tomorrow is a new day and I am ready to go all out and do this! I really not that far from my goal weight. I can do this!!

I hope you all are doing well!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #188  
focus creates results

Thanks Snow for the words of exercise encouragement...I usually power through colds...frankly the cardio loosens up the clogged nasal passages and the 10-15 minutes after a workout are amazing as far as breathing goes.

Yeah Elegant...I'm more aware this time around and it's amazing to me now that I actually stuck to my guns and have lost so much already....

I hope my weigh in is a happy one. I have a yearly check up at the ob/gyn on the 29th of this month so I bumped up the date by two days since the weigh in at the doctor's office is inevitable.

A weekend of good eating and staying on track to all of you!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:16 AM   #189  

Default vacation

Hi all:

so I am on vacation and experimenting with eating moderatelymixed with nutrisystem. I think it has gone well so far.

Yesterday at lunch I had an artichoke--with just a little sauce, half a serving of salmon--maybe 3 oz avoiding the sauce and some nice fresh green beans. Then at dinner I had a piece of pizza and split a salad with lowfat dressing with my sister.

Today I went to an apple festival and had a few small pieces of tri tip from my sisters sandwich and a protein bar later. then at dinner i had the burger that everyone else was having--I'd say 4 oz raw, with just thin scraping of mayo, a bun, and some salad with lofat ranch. I think it is going pretty good--probably shouldnt have had the bun but oh well. Actually I think next time I would divide the burger in half or have my mom make a smaller one because I felt really full after that for a long time. Anyway--the scales will tell the story on monday!

I admit I got tempted by seeing a dove bar in the fridge and some kind of triple choco icecream--and I have been thinking about them but it just doesnt seem worth it--I think if I eat sugar it will throw the whole program out of wack. So far I have managed to stay away from it. I figure those treats are for practice--not eating!

Anyway will be driving back tomorrow! Have a great weekend all.

Sno
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #190  

Default monday 10 weeks to go!

Hi all!

Here we are at ten weeks--lotsa time to make good and look great for holiday parties!

I got back on track with regular plan yesterday--it was a little hard but all the weight I've lost so far was encouraging me. So I lost 2 lbs last week which is great considering I went off plan. I think it worked because I exercises--did a lot of walking and stayed away from sugar while on vacation.

How is everyone else doing?

Lekhika: good job powering thru that cold--hope it is all done by the next week!

Help me: I am sending some it is hard to get back on track after vacation but I know you can do it!

Take care all!

Sno
Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #191  
move it

Hi Sno,

Congratulations on not losing it while you were on vacation. I hope that bodes well for when you get to your goal and you go on maintenance. I hope you're not having serious problems from the fires, either. I think you're north of that, but I certainly hope it doesn't come your way.

I am continuing to count calories. I decided to adopt a slow and steady approach, so I probably won't make goal this year but that's OK. My software gives me a number of calories everyday that changes based on my food, weight, and activities. If I stick to what it gives me, I can usually hit the target weight loss within a few tenths of a pound the next day. Pretty neat, but I still have to exercise control and sometimes I'd rather not!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #192  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Sno- Congrats on the weight loss on vacation! I find if one can acheive that is shows just how much will power they truly have!!! Job well done!

I can't believe we're at 10 weeks. Today I weighed myself instead of on monday as I was on the last day of TOM then. I'm at 126! One pound shy of my goal. Once again I'm thinking I may have to bump the goal down to 120 (I don't want to go any lower than that for sure, plus i'm still working on building muscle so I know i'm bound to gain a bit from that).
I figure the 10 weeks will give me the motivation to keep at my strength training. I'm in the midst of week 2 of being diligent with it, and i've heard that usually you start to see muscle tone after 6-8 weeks. So with 10 weeks left i'll be giving myself a total of 12 weeks to reach that. I'm feeling really good. I went back to working the morning shifts which means i'm working 630-3. Its nice because my b/f works even earlier than me so when I get home he's having a two hour nap. That gives me time to throw in the dvd and do the 45 mins cardio/ 45 mins strength that I need before dinner.

On the cold front my voice has returned and i'm down to just a dry phlegmy cough. You're right sno- exercising is good for the immune system, that in conjunction with my daily multi-vitamin has resulted in me fighting the sickness faster than I ever used to when I was overweight.

I hope you're all doing well this wednesday, it's cold and raining out there but i'm ready for my day ahead!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #193  
focus creates results

Wow...at 10 weeks already! I don't have much hopes for losing the weight by then but I'm ok if I can keep exercising and just be satisfied with tthat.

YOur avatar looks fantastic Elegant!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #194  

Hi all:

got up at 3 am yesterday to take my hubby to have wrist surgery. We had to drive to LA which takes about 2 hours. Surgery went great and we made it back home by about 3.

Had another opportunity to practice "real" eating! My hubby wanted to go to his favorite armenian chicken place. I used to get the chicken tarna plate which comes with hummous and tahini and lotsa pita. I decided to get the chicken tarna wrap which had mostly chicken and a little of the sauce on one pita. I ate about 2/3 and was full. I ate the rest for snack. For some reason I had some cravings to eat something else but drank water instead. I think it went pretty well--I have no idea how many calorie I ate but I can say this--I probably ate about 1/5 of what I used to eat there. Getting some confidence too! Again--just staying away from sweets I think is key.

I am up two pounds today but I think it is just normal fluctuation--usually after I lose two I gain it back a few times in the week until I take the next step down.

Checked out the huge nordstrom rack in SF Valley. It was fun to look but now since I am 30 lbs from goal I am not as interested in buying--I want to only buy for my final goal now--tho I do need some sweats--my 3x's are looking comical.

Great job elegant! I like how you are transitioning from dieting to exercise--I think that makes a lot of sense for maintenance or near goal.

Seasoning: great job--slow and steady is fantastic and finding something you can stick to is key!

Lekhika: you are doing great--sounds like all you need right now is exercise anyway! A very healthy approach.

Have a great week all!

Sno
Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #195  
focus creates results

Hey Snow!

Yeah I think regular exercise is worth it just for its own sake. Still...I'm hoping for some kind of shift with the working out...We'll see on Monday. I'm doing well...cooking healthy and hearty winter soups already. I'm thinking either a roast or a stew tonight.

I joined fitday so I could keep a better log of my daily caloric intake. I'm only on day two so..we'll see how that goes. I've committed to doing the log every day for a month to see how it goes...Coupled with my regular exercise, I hope to do more than just maintain. *sigh*

I was telling my husband yesterday, that despite the fact that I do love to exercise...it just doesn't seem fair that I have to work SO hard jut to maintain. I mean really....so far, I do believe it was much MUCH easier to lose the weight than to maintain it....hopefully I can lose some more.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.