3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   17 Weeks til New Year Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/121964-17-weeks-til-new-year-challenge.html)

Snowbrocade 09-03-2007 01:47 PM

17 Weeks til New Year Challenge!

Hi all:

well I know we have all been working hard this summer to lose lots of weight and now we need to set new goals for the holidays!

This challenge is for the next 17 week until New Years! Right through the holidays which is a difficult time for eating for most of us. We will well work together to lose weight and get through Thanksgiving and December. We will learn how to have fun without overeating. Sure its hard! Thats why its a challenge!

Lets support one another throught this time and learn from each others mistakes and successes!

My goal is to lose 34 lbs which is 2 lbs a week. I am currently on Nutrisystem which is just fab, I have lost more weight more easily than I have ever done--51 lbs over the last 4 months.

So today I weigh 211 and I am visualizing myself on January 1, 2008 as weighing 177! I also have a mini-goal to get to Onederland by October 1!

How will I achieve this? Well I am going to continue to work on my relationship with food--I want to learn to be around people who are eating fattening food and say no. I want to learn to be able to take a tiny portion of a rich dessert and stop. I will catch myself with automatic eating and make mindful decisions about what goes into my mouth.

Also my exercise plan will continue to develop but my goal is to walk 20 minutes twice a day, 5 days a week. To do my stretches and calisthenics 5 days a week.

That is my plan--how about you?

Sno

Dont forget the :dust:

seasoning 09-03-2007 03:04 PM

I'm in for the New Year Challenge. I plan to get to my final goal of 125 on that day, which makes for 1.4 pounds per week. That sounds pretty aggressive to me, but kind of wimpy compared to Snow's 2-pound-per-week goal. No matter, I plan to exercise 6 days per week - 30-45 minutes of cardio three times per week and toning/weight training on the other three days. I do stretching in the morning, 7 days a week. I'm doing a low carb diet, but not a no carb diet. I also try to plan ahead for each meal so I don't end up grabbing whatever's available. Good luck to everybody!

Luxorbea 09-03-2007 03:27 PM

Count me in on this one! The summer was a bust for me, but I am NOT going to beat myself up over it.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds and be 225 by the end of the year.

Food- being aware of what I'm eating
making healthier choices whenever possible
keeping track of everything I eat-
Logging in my "plan of attack" into FitDay every morning
Doing research on restaurants before I go out to eat
(For September, I'm just planning and tracking, and in October I'll start aiming for a specific calorie range)

Water- at least 8 (.5L) bottles a day

Exercise- the gym at least 2 times a week (baby steps)
walk the kids to school at least once a week
(hopefully this will build dramatically in October, but for now, small goals ;))

Good luck to everyone :carrot:

helpmelose 09-03-2007 05:24 PM

You can count me in snow!! By New Years this is what I AM going to do:

Lose 30 pounds - 1.8 pounds a week!
Cardio - 5x/week
Crunches: everyday
Strength Training - 2x/week
Pilates: 1x/week

I am currently doing a low carb diet as well. I have done this in the past and it has been working for me the past few weeks, so I am going to stick to it!! I am also going to learn how to say NO to high carb, high sugar foods!

I have also decided to change my goal weight, it was originally 115, but I am concerned at 5'4" that is a little low so I added 5 pounds - so new goal weight is 120!!

I can't wait to see all of our progress at the end of the 17 weeks!! We will do it!!!

40 before 40 09-03-2007 06:59 PM

Count me in Sno.

This summer has definately been a bust for me. I was doing alright until mid July but its been downhill from then on. I've gained back 18 lbs in 6:o weeks which is a huge step backwards but I'm determined to bring this tailspin to a halt and get back at it.
I'm weighing in at 167:mad: this morning.
My goals for the New Years challenge are:

Loose 32lbs (weigh 135 by Jan 1/08):carrot:
Get back into a regular exercise routine:carrot:
Drink 80-100 oz of water a day:carrot:
Learn to recognize and control hormonally trigured eating:devil:

I'm going to do it this time. My determination is back. One of the things I have to recognize is that I will always have to be careful and mindful of what I eat.

I will be keeping a food journal for the next few weeks. Tracking calories, fiber, and protein. I know i have a problem with evening cravings so if I'm going to give in at all I'm going to have to do extra exercise and plan out my snacks.

My first mini goal will to stay on track for 7 days straight.

I'm off for a walk now.
:dust::dust::dust:
For everyone.

Nina

Utahgirl1982 09-03-2007 07:33 PM

So I would love to lose about 33 pounds. I know that if I keep determined that I can do this. I don't really have a plan cause here in Korea I am limited about what I can buy that I actually know what it is that I am buying! Anyways....I plan on eating smaller portions and healthier choices! When I come back to the states in 5 weeks....it will be easier to have a better plan! Let's go everyone!!! We can do it.....we can do it!!!!!!:carrot::carrot:

rswlchic 09-03-2007 10:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the 3FC website. I am excited about joining your challenge. This past 3 weeks have been really tough for me. I lost 77 lbs last year and I have slowly allowed 20 lbs to creep back on. So here I am looking for some support. As the others have said I am not going to beat myself up. I know what I have to do. I have to go back to good healthy eating habits that were so successful for me last year. So here are the goals

Wieght :cheer:
179 by Sept 30
171 by Oct 30
163 by Nov 30
160 by New Years

Exercise.::woops:
Daily Goals - Run 3-4 days/week (Min. 3 miles each day), Strength train 2 days/week
Short term goal - Run Dream 5k on Sept 22
Long term goal - Run Atl. Thanksgiving Day Half marathon

General food goals::crossed:
Drink 60-80 oz of H2O per day
Eat dinner before 7 pm
Minimize/Eliminate carbs after 4 pm
Treat myself to massages and facials to minimize stress.

Finally, keep in touch with my new friends on 3FC. :D

Thanks to all of you for your support. Good luck to everyone.

ButterflyDiva 09-04-2007 12:34 AM

My goals

To reach....

130 by Oct 1
125 by Nov 1
120 by Dec 1
115 my goal weight before Xmas and to be maintaining by the New Year

Drink 12 glasses of water everyday
Stay inbetween 1300 - 1500 calories a day
Eat more protein (like fish)

Exercise 5 days a week
Exercise between 45 - 90 minutes a day
Walk 150 miles by the end of the year

Snowbrocade 09-04-2007 01:14 AM

Monday sign up!

Hi all:

what a great turnout for Labor day--glad to see some familiars faces and to meet some new ones!!

Today I walked for ten minutes in the am and did 30 minutes of gardening, 20 minutes walk pm and did my leg exercises and abs. All done for the day and I feel good! :dance: Also made some progress on some projects.

Tonight it finally cooled down--it got to 92 in the house today.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Seasoning, Brigid, Helpmelose, Nina, Utah,chic and Diva! You all have great goals and plans! I know we can do it!

Seasoning: well I weigh a good deal more than you so 2lbs is realistic--the past two weeks I have lost 6 lbs. I will slow down as I get nearer my goal. Nutrisystem is geared towards losing 1% of your weight per week--so in my case that is 2.1 lbs. It will get smaller as I lose.

Brigid: great to hear from you! I see that you havent gained back all your weight--good for you--in the past I always seemed to gain all my weight back very quickly.

Helpmelose: Good job on adjusting your weight loss goal--I know that trying to lose too much has really messed me up in the past. Finding a weight that can be easily maintained is key!

Nina: good for your for not beating yourself up. I think you are right about this being a lifetime thing. It is really hard for me to let go of the fantasy that one day I can eat what I want!

Utah: good to hear from you--tell us a little more about you and your weight loss journey! I envy you being on a trip--I love learning about other cultures. I bet you could find some nice grilled meat dishes with rice and you would do okay with watching portions.

Chic: good for you for catching yourself before you gain more. You have kept off quite a bit of weight! I like your plan detail! I forgot to list water--I will drink 96 oz of water a day!

Diva: pretty name! I like how you have listed a total of miles you will walk--how did you come up with 150 miles?

Have a great evening and will chat more soon!

Sno

:dust:

ButterflyDiva 09-04-2007 02:06 AM

Well I do walk a lot, especially during the week. Anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 miles a day, sometimes more. So 150 by the new year is pretty much just a guestimate. Who knows it may end up being more, but I'm aiming for at least 150

strawberryeyes 09-04-2007 01:46 PM

HI ALL id love to join u ppl again for new year and hopefully ill do better than the previous challenge but for this challenge i dont have any specific number of pounds in my mind to lose i just wanna focus on these things
1.Drink lots of water
2.exercise regularly
3.eat sensibly
n i think ill weigh myself once or twice a month or maybe weekly im not sure abt that anyways i think we are all going to do great on this challenge best of luck everybody

sockmonkey70 09-04-2007 05:45 PM

Hello again pretty ladies! My New Years Goal is 165...

Starting weight: 188
Goal:160

Here are my milestones I hope to accomplish:
Halloween Goal: 176

Oh and my plan...Just keep on eating right, but add back in some exercise! I think that will really jump start my loss.

Good luck to you all! Last challenge was a blast, and I know this one will be too!

Elegant Departure 09-04-2007 07:58 PM

My new years goal is to have reached and be maintaining my goal weight. At first I assumed this to be 128, but i'm discovering my frame isn't the medium/large one I thought it was. I'm actually a smallish frame! So i'm anticipating I may go into the low 120's. But I'm waiting until I'm sure. I'm hoping I reach my goal by November 1st and that I'm two months in maintenance by new years.
Once I reach maintenance a goal of mine is to not be so obsessed with the scale (although still weighing myself weekly, so as to not let the weight slowly creep back on).
Also each month i'd like to take on a new form of exercise. I'm teaching myself to run this month, kickboxing in october, cycling in november and swimming in december. Nothing wrong with a little mix and match!
Last but definitely NOT least i aim to read these threads everyday. The Labour Day challenge thread is one of the big things that kept me motivated this summer and I'm hoping that this new years one can do the same for the fall. Just because it's okay to wear sweatshirts this time of year doesn't mean we should hide behind them! I look forward to another 17 weeks with the familiar faces, and a big HELLO to all of you knew ones!

40 before 40 09-04-2007 09:22 PM

Wow,

Lots of motivated chicks. It's great to be back and read about everyones goals and success.
Sno I don't think I'll ever be able to eat what ever I want no matter the weight loss I've maintained. Giving up this fantasy and looking reality right in the face is the only option for me.
I'm going to read and post daily whenever possible as it keeps me motivated and focused on my goals. Like you Strawberry, I'm not going to get to caught up in the numbers as I find it discouraging when things aren't moving on schedule but will set mini goals. My October 1st goal will be to be back in the 150's .

I have a old knee injury that has been flaring up lately and I'm pretty sure it would improve alot with some weight loss. So my second mini goal will be to slowly get the knee back in top form so I can keep up with regular cardio. I'm resting it today but hope it will be OK tomorrow. There is always something you can do so no excuses. Tomorrow I'm going to do no impact pilates ab and leg workouts for 40mins, hopefully in the early am but if not then definately after work.

Nina

Snowbrocade 09-04-2007 09:50 PM

Day 2!

Hi all:

So having a great day today, but havent done any exercise yet--staying on plan. Loving those 15 cal popsicles in this hot weather. My dog is looking at me--she is ready for her walk!

Great to hear from all of you and the gung ho spirit on this board--we can do it ladies--we have 17 weeks to accomplish our goals and if we are stronger together!

Strawberry: your goals are beautifully simple--good for you--it will be easier to maintain if you has a relaxed plan. I unfortunately seem to do better with lots of structure. But whatever works, right?

Mary: good to hear from you again. Nice picture as usual! Too bad you cant take pictures of all of us! Nice goals--we all will look so different come the holidays!

Elegant: it is a really good idea to alternate your exercise because your body gets used to doing one exercise and it isnt as effective. I just read an article that suggested switching ab exericises every six weeks! How did you figure out the thing about your build?

Nina: you are so right about the knee thing. I admit I thought my knee would improve after I lost this amount of weight. It is improving slowly. I have to be careful not to overdo it!

Take care all!

Sno