Old 11-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #271  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello all,

Well had my weigh in this morning and i am only down .4 pounds. I can live with that, considering my huge loss last week and how badly i did on saturday. So at least i know where my problems are and i am working on them. My goals for the coming week are:

Stay under 1700 cals (EVERYDAY!!!!)
No soda (water and tea only)
Exercise at least 5 days this week including at least 30 minutes of cardio

So i am trying something new with the no soda, to see if my body responds differently. Like do i get hungrier, do i lose more or less weight. I dont really drink that many, but what would happen if i only drank water and unsweetened tea?

Sno: WTG on cutting that pizza in half. BRILLIANT. I am the same way about my weigh in day though. For me, having a designated weigh in day can make all the difference. The closer i get to weigh in day, the more i can make myeslf behave. I am the same way with my splurge meal. I can hold off on so many temptations because i just tell myself, "i cant have that today, but i can have it on friday"...usually by friday, i dont even want it and i have moved on to something else i am craving. 50 minutes of walking on thursday! Go sno! I am eager to hear about your weigh in, especially with you feeling/looking smaller...i bet you will see a drop soon.

HML: I agree with you about the subway salads. Subway has saved me many times. I love their subs, salads, wraps. I am a calorie counter, so their food is great for my program when i am on the run.

LEK: I agree cardio makes a huge difference. If i dont do cardio, i dont lose anything.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #272  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I am up 2 pounds for the month. I guess the upping the caloric intake doesnt work for me.

Effing sucks. But....come on December!!! I just want to get below 110. Just to see if I can do it.

My target for December will be 4 pounds.

Last edited by Lekhika; 11-30-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Friday

Hi all!

Well I think I did well yesterday--I am down one pound so must be okay. I still feel like I have lost more but maybe I am retaining water or something. Anyway I feel way overdue for a woosh!

Stacey: Thanks for the kudos--you really recognized what a victory that was for me. Actually I weigh everyday--I think it keeps me on track. Yeah--I think you are right about the soda thing--I think we have talked about this before. I planned to do the same this week but havent. I think I will try again next week.

Lekhika: Yeah I hate it when the scales go up. But I was just looking at how much you have lost total! You should be proud!!

Have a great day all!

Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #274  
focus creates results

Ok...so I will weigh in tomorrow morning again...just to be sure that the two pounds wasn't water retention ( doubt it was that). And we're on to the last month of the challenge...I doubt I'll make 105 (EVER) but I am shooting for 4 pounds this month. Woo!

Congratulations everyone on their losses....
Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 AM   #275  

Default Friday nite!

Sunday--walk 30 minutes, leg/abs stretch session.
Monday--walk 40 minutes, leg/abs stretch session and 20 minutes gardening
Tuesday---walk 40 minutes, leg abs stretch session, 20 minutes gardening
Wednesday--walk 20 minutes, gardening 20 minutes, sanding 1 hour
Thursday--walk 50 minutes
Friday---legs abs stretch sesssion
Old 12-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #276  

Well i didnt do great over the weekend, but i didnt do terrible. My eating was more like maintenance eating. I didnt have any sweets, i didnt overeat, i just didnt make as good of choices as i would have liked. I didnt exercise any. Hopefully, i can look at tomorrow as a new week and a new day. Plus it is TOM...my dedication always wavers at TOM. I always start to doubt myself. Thinking, i will never get there. But then i stop and think, ok, what is the alternative. To be 50 pounds heavier this time next year? NO WAY. So that kind of gets me back on track.

I heard something really enlightening on a thread the other day. They were talking about motivation. And someone said, its not movitvation that gets you to goal. Motivation wavers, comes and goes...its dedication that gets you to goal. And i dont know. I just thought that was so profound. So basically, it is okay when your motivation goes out the window...just keep on plugging away and stay dedicated and you can get there.

Hope you all are having a good, strong weekend.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #277  

Default Sunday summary

HI all:

this week has been the big test of the willpower and I am pretty pleased with how I have done. I had a celebratory dinner yesterday and I did really well--did not eat any of the bread with oil that people were eating by the basketload (I think my good friend next to me had a about 10 pieces and he is getting huge--looks like a walrus) and had half my sandwich with half of the bread. The downside is I had probably too many bites of dessert I usually stick with one bite but people kept passing me desserts to try.

I think next time I will take a little plate and put my bites of dessert on it so that I can have a better idea of what I am eating. Also I had two lattes and they were both whole milk so I think I got a lot of extra fat there.

Still all in all--I think it went well.

But I am determined to keep it clean this week--I want some more poundage shed--I did really well with the exercise last week.

Talk to you soon!

Sno
Old 12-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #278  

Default Monday four weeks to go!

Hi all:

We have 4 weeks to go until New Years! I hope everyone is geared up to keep it moderate over the holidays--lets greet 2008 lighter than we are now! Even 1lb lighter would be a big triumph over the feast season!

Yes, I am pretty happy today--another two lbs this morning! I finally had my little woosh. Phew! I thought I was hitting a stall. So that makes me at 185!

Have a great day and lets make healthy fun plans for the holidays.

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 12-03-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Sno: Congrats on another 2 pounds, I don't know how you manage about 2 pounds most weeks but that is awesome!!! You will be at your goal in no time at all. You really are such an inspiration!!!

My weigh-in for today I am now 135.6, so this past week lost 1.6 pounds!! Yeah!! I am super excited and I hope to keep this up each week until I meet my goal!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #280  

I did okay today. Went about 100 cals more than a wanted but that is okay. It is TOM, so i am not going to beat myself up. At least i didnt eat any sweets or chocolate...that is an accomplishment for me at TOM. And I got my exercise in, so I am happy about that. I really tried to talk myself out of exercising, coming up with all kinds of excuses not to exercise...but i figured, being 100 cals over for the day, i really needed the exercise. Plus exercise is a good kick start for my week. And i honestly do feel better emotionally after exercising. I have all my food in place for an "on plan" day tomorrow. So that should help.

Sno: Well i dont even know what to say, you are just a woman on a roll. WOW. So first let me commend you on not eating that bread and oil at the restaurant, and did i get it right that you gave someone else half of your sandwich? And you lost two more pounds! I like your idea about even if we come in one pound lighter over the course of this month that will be a victory. That is so true. This month is going to be so challenging but i know we can do it. Just take it one day, one meal, one choice at a time. WOW, i am still just floored that you did so well at the restaurant....another emoticon for you. Isnt that so empowering though, to look at someone else pigging out...then look at yourself and you are thinner than last time you saw him and you are in control of food, what an accomplishment.

HML: So you are on a roll too. AWESOME! Both of you are such an inspiration. And you are so close to goal. That is wonderful that you are still losing so steadily. That shows me that there is absolutely no excuse for me to not lose steadily. I just have to get off my butt and stay out of the kitchen. ha ha.

Ok Sno, you are right, lets blow through these next four weeks in complete control of our bodies and what we put in them.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #281  

Default MOnday

Well another good day!

I just got in from taking my 50 minute walk and feel pretty good.

Stacy: Thanks for the kudos. I have to say not eating the bread was a big triumph for me. I just looked at how fast he was eating that bread and looked at his stomach and I know I was there 7 months ago. And I didnt want to go back. Yes, I ate half the sandwich with bread only on the bottom and the part I am really excited about is that I brought the other half home for the hubby! I wasnt even tempted! I think part of what I am repairing is trust in myself after all the times I went back on my eating plan and launched into a binge. So the fact that I went right back on was really healing for me. You sound really good--like you are really on track and just focusing on how to keep on the food and exercise plan. And noticing where you coudl have done better but not making it a big deal. I think that is key.

HML: great job--1.5 lbs is a great amount to lose per week--it alwats wavers up and down tho, huh--I just did the math and I have averaged about 2.45 lbs for the last 31 weeks. I think it is because I keep increasing exercise and am on a portion controlled plan so there is no excuse to eat more than my allotted number of calories per day! Thanks for noticing!

Sno
Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #282  

Hello Ladies

Well i did well overall today. Lunch was a total flop and not what i had planned but i still stayed within my cals for the day. I did well on water intake today. And i got my exercise in. I was actually looking forward to exercise and enjoyed it tonight. Thank you Leslie Sansone. I think next week i want to step up the exercise though. The last time i did really well on weight loss i was doing 30 minutes of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week. So i figure with it being holiday season...i need to step it up. I want some progress.

Sno: A 50 minute walk sounds nice. Do you walk around your neighborhood? Go to a track? I wish my neigborhood was more walk freindly, we dont have side walks really so i usually just do Walk away the pounds with Leslie sansone in my den, it works, especially in the cold and rainy season. She is pretty good cardio too. I used to walk in the mall. Of course my all time favorite is my elliptical, but it died about 6 months ago and i have yet to replace it. I wish i could get another one...maybe after christmas is over. I am looking into some weigh training though to bump up my weight loss. I have heard the Firm is good. Might try that out. Wish i still belonged to a GYM, but would i go? I dont know...i think i just like the idea, ha ha.

Ok, well, overall i am feeling good about living like this. I dont miss feeling blah and lazy.

Last edited by Get n healthy; 12-04-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well. I know it's been a long time since I've been here, after falling off the wagon a few times in the past month and a half, I've finally decided to get back on track. Today is my second day OP and I'm doing great and feeling great. I know there is no way I can make my goal or my mini goal by New Years (since I still plan on eating some holiday goodies) so now I'm aiming to at leat be maintaining the 120s by the 1st even if it's 129, I'll be happy.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #284  

Default Friday!

Whew what a week! I am so burnt out today--just busy busy busy. I had some deadlines and stuff and it was all just a lot. Also, my internet was offline and I had a few days to not post--I guess that is good in a way but if I get too far behind I have too many posts to read!

I am going to take it easy most of the day--tho I do have some household chores to do. It is raining finally and we have a cozy fire in our woodstove. More rain please!!

HAve been really good on eating plan and exercise this week--but still 4 lbs away from b-day goal--which is 9 days away. It is interesting to set the goal, tho--I have a freind who want to take me for a lunch and I thought about next monday but then I realized next week is my last week before b-day and I put it off a week--want to lose as much as I can before b-day.

Had a massage yesterday--I really am knotted up in arms, shoulders and neck. The massage helped me loosen up but I am sore today.

Exercise had gone well this week--I have 3 days walking and three days doing my calisthenics. I always feel better when I feel I am on my game with the workouts. Working out really puts me in touch with how my body feels and there is no question that I am stronger, lighter, more graceful and more flexible than I was at the beginning of April! When I get up from the floor in a strong sinuous move I feel really good--remembering how I felt getting up off the floor with using both hands on the floor and then gettting to my knees and errrrrr of exertion to get all the way up! I am so glad that is over.

to Diva! The more the merrier-it feels so good to have a new years goal to shoot for to keep the holidays from getting too food crazy. Good goal!!

Stacy: good job on staying with the calores for the day--that is a big success! And sounds like the exericse is gettign you all motivated! I live in the mountains of SB and there are lotsa places to walk--the only thing is-my knee still doesnt like to go up hills much. So I have a fairly level circuit around my house and surrounding property that takes about 3 minutes to do around. I am not sure how far it is but if I do that for 50 minutes, I have a great workout. The dog comes with me and at first she runs around--will run ahead and then run back to me. By the end of the walk she is walking slightly behind me with her tongue out. Since she is a rowdy 3 year old lab I figure that is a great workout for us both!

I would love to have and elliptical!! or a recumbent bike. I need one of those folding ones tho cuz I dont have much room in the house.

Keep it up ladies! We dont need to feast everyday to enjoy the holidays! Just keep going!!

Sno

Old 12-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #285  
focus creates results

Snow
I'd love to have an elliptical as well. When ever I go visit my Mom I'm all hyped up because they have a gym in her buildign with all the bells and whistles.

I have been off the wagon for a bit now exercise wise. I'm going to do half an hour today because we're going to my SIL's place and it's a preemptive measure. The food she makes is delicious but can only be described....like this....you take puff pastry (already loaded with butter) and bread it and fry it in oil. Not literally but..you get my drift. My arteries twitch with the thought of the onslaught.

It helps to keep me in check to keep posting.

Congrats to all the "losers"....