Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Whew! What a busy day--I created flyers this morning and my hubby and I went out to distribute 130 of them--in peoples mailboxes. And I swept and hosed down my porch and moved a bunch of container plants to make room. Then I was sorting thru stuff and cleaning at the same time. We have a huge mound of stuff in the living room for the sale. I have more stuff I want to sort thru tomorrow so getting up early--the sale is at 10am.

EAting is going fine--no problem and I am sure I burnt some calories doing all the stuff I did today.

Stacey: fantastic job--I agree having plans in place makes all the difference. Then it all falls into place. Like our holiday plans. Keep it up! And take all the will power dust you need--there is tons here and I think it really helps.

Helpme: Great that you posted your picture--you are so pretty!

Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

My first 10 pounds are gone, never to be seen again!!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #243  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I am so proud. I was on plan both days of the weekend. I cant believe it. I havent gotten my 2 mile walk in today but I got a new video yesterday and my legs are KILLING me today. I think i will do pilates or something like that instead today. The watp pounds video i got was full of lunges...OUCH today. Every time i sit down in a chair i have to put my hand down and help ease myself into the chair...wow, i didnt know my legs were so out of shape...especially considering how much i walk.

Goals for the week:
1600-1700 cals a day
8 glasses of water
30 minutes of working out, or 2 miles of walking every day

MM: WTG on the ten pounds.

Sno: Sounds like you had a productive busy weekend. Seems like you have the eating under control and you are just cruising along. That is awesome. Like you have adjusted to a healthylife style and food is not as much of a struggle.

helpmelose: Glad to hear your carbs are incheck and you stayed on plan saturday. Good choice with the salad at arbys, especially if you were out and about and had to grab something while you were out.

Okay i left the post and came back to edit that i did infact do my two mile WATP video. So i feel great that i actually did it. My muscles were killing me at first, but once they got warm, it actually felt pretty good. I just didnt lunge as deep as i did yesterday. Cool.

Last edited by Get n healthy; 11-18-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Well yesterday I stayed on plan for eating. I actually had a great weekend and people at work have noticed that I am losing weight, it is such a great feeling for people to say something!

Sno: Thanks for the compliment, you are sssooo sweet!! It looks like you had a great weekend but also very busy, but I know when I stay busy and get things done I feel productive and good about it in the long run!

Getnhealthy: Yeah I work on the weekends and I find it easier for me to just grab something, so for the most part I eat salads or sometimes a hardees burger with no bun.

My weigh-in for today is great! I am very happy with the numbers I lost 5 pounds in the past week. Because this is my first week after about a month off I kinda expected it to drop kinda fast, the following weeks I expect it to slow down quite a bit. I am hoping for 2 pounds a week, we will have to wait and see what happens.

I am off to exercise and finish some homework for school today! I'll talk to you girls later!!

I am also posting I think I am going to need it on Thanksgiving!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #245  

hello all,
Well heck. i am sick today. I have the beginnings of a good cold. Feels like someone took a blow torch to my throat. I tried doing my watp video and only got about ten minutes in and just couldnt breath right. It can feel it settling into my chest. My legs are still killing me from the dang lunges anyway. So maybe my body is telling me to take a day off the exercise. I have done really well on my eating today though. So i am in the zone on that one. I think the sugar detox is done, i am having no sugar cravings at all.

The thing i want to focus on tomorrow is more water. With the sore throat, cold drinks dont feel good. So i have gotten my water from hot broth and hot tea all day. Hopefully my throat will feel better tomorrow.

helpmelose, it is so nice to get positive feedback when you are losing weight, especially when it is from those that see you every day. 5 pounds in a week, dang girl. That just starts a new beginning off right doesnt it. What are you majoring in, in school?

Ok, time to go check the kids homework.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #246  

Get: Thats too bad about getting a cold, I know when I feel sick it is hard to get motivated and I think its best to take a break and let your body get the rest it needs, hopefully this cold won't last long for you!

I am majoring in geography, I am hoping to get into urban and regional planning! I have about 2 more years and I am hoping that it flys by, I moved to Missouri last year from AZ and I happened to go from Phoenix to a town that only has 3000 people, it is quite a change and I am eager to get back to a city. The good thing is that I have some of my family around!

Talk to you all later! Have a great Tuesday!!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #247  

Default Tuesday

Hi all!

Wow--turkey day is looming! Time flies. I have mostly been doing household stuff and errands, taking the dog to the vet, nothing exciting. I am getting mentally prepared for Thanksgiving--I had a dream where I had overeaten a lot and it felt ookie!

I realized that Thanksgiving is the 7 months anniversary of this diet! That is another thing to keep me motivated to keep on plan!

Mother: good job on the 10 lbs--that must feel great!

Stacy: thanks! I hadnt realized it but I think I have adjusted to the healthy lifestyle. The desire to snack and stress eat is still there and I have to fight it all the time. Today at the drug store they had a plate of free individual starburst candies out on a table. I was very tempted because I do love starburst but just kept walking. I concentrate on feeling stronger about food.
You are doing so great--I love hearing about how you are doing. Your committment is inspiring!

Have a fantastic holiday all. Here is some extra willpower for us all!

Sno
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #248  

Good morning ladies.
I am doing well staying on plan. Feeling much better, apparently my cold was not that bad...just bad for one day. I am still coughy and stuffy BUT i am able to exercise. So i am happy. My legs are FINALLY healed from all the lunges. I sent that video back...just too much for me right now. I got WATP Walk KIck, sort of a kick boxing video yestreday in the mail and i LOVE it. Did it last night and plan on doing it today.

Ok, let me know what you all think. I felt SO bloated yesterday. My face felt fat, my pants were tight. I dont know, maybe it was all the stuffy head feeling...i just felt like someone had taken a tube of blob and inserted it all into my face and crevaces. Do you all ever feel that way? Even though it is not time of the month and i have SO been on plan. So i took half of a blood pressure pill...it has a diuretic in it. So i step on the scale today and i have lost 4.8 pounds this week. HOLY GUACAMOLE. Now my question is...how much of that is me losing weight and how much of that is the diuretic? And how should i look at it? My official weigh in is tomorrow. So i think i will just go with the number that registers tomorrow. The only problem with that is, now that I am at that low number, will it bounce back up tomorrow when i weigh in? I usually bounce up a couple of pounds after a loss. So maybe that would be right if i did. That would put me at about a 2-3 pound loss for the week. Ok, forgive me for this being so lengthy. I just never expected half of a diuretic to make a 5 pound difference. In the past it has only made a pound or two change...if that. I mean come on...i didnt pee 5 pounds worth...that would be a lot of water.

Anyway. you all let me know how much you usually lose from diuretics. I do feel better today. Pants arent tight and face doesnt feel like it is going to explode. Your thoughts?

helpmelose: That IS a big change, from phoenix to a small town. I visited phoenix once. Such a different landscape than here in TN. Urban planning is a very cool and unique major. I am sure it will fly by, especially with family around.

Sno: Thanksgiving is definately looming. My chaos begins today. We start with the pies, and tearing bread for the stuffing, cleaning the house for all the company tomorrow. Busy busy day today. That is crazy that you have lost that much weight in just 7 months. Also, good for you for walking right past that candy. I swear i used to eat hundreds of calories in stuff that i didnt even think about. a bit of this, a bite of that.

ok ladies. Lets stay strong and focused.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #249  

Default weight loss and bloating etc

Hi Stacey:

First congrats on seeing some movement on your scale. My guess is that you have lost some if not all of that weight and that you were bloated because of the chicken broth you were drinking--a lot of salt. I would suggest really flushing yourself with water rather than taking a strong diuretic--they say that you get a backlash and the body will retain water after you stop takign the diuretic.

I think from your description of how well you are doing your plan that you probably have lost a bunch of weight and will continue to do so. I know it is easy to get really involved with the numbers on the scale but the truth is that if you keep doing what you have been doing you will see a lot of weight loss in the long run which is the goal anyway--remember what you said to me about changing habits and lifestyle?

That is why eating precooked packaged meals has worked so well for me--no way can I eat extra or take bites etc. I have had the portions all done for me and nwo I am used to having small portions.

Anyway have a great holiday and you are doing great--keep it up!

Sno
Old 11-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #250  

Boy oh boy, do i am something to be thankful for today. I cant believe it. I was expecting to wake up to a couple of pounds gain from my big loss yesterday. But instead i woke up to a sustained loss. 4 pounds for this week. I am so tickled. It is like my body finally woke up and realized what i am doing.

Thanks for the encouraging words Sno. I am so glad i have you to vent and rant to. You always give such great advice.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #251  

Default Post Thanksgiving gear up!

Hi all!

hope you had a wonderful holiday! We had fun at our in-laws. The food was really good--they are vegetarians and they do a fantastic feast.

I didnt do exactly what I had planned but I didnt do too bad either. I had my one plate with a few extra spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and corn. I had probably the equivalent of two dessert servings since I had ice cream and pie. I was proud that I tried several small slivers of pie and then tossed them--they werent good enough to waste calories on. I also had a cookie. And there was some fantastic peanut brittle and I ate probably about the equivalent of 6 servings. So I ate semi-moderately. I know it was a fraction of what I would normally eat.

This morning the scale said up three lbs--which I think is fine--I know they will disappear the next few days. I about three weeks till my birthday on the 16th and my goal is to lose 7 lbs by then. I think it is reasonable.

How is everyone else doing?

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 11-23-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #252  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

Well this morning I woke up 2 pounds UP from my ticker weight--the whole meal at MIL's tasted super salty and you know when you can taste it--it's really loaded!

I'm worried this is a set back that will nix my goal to be in the 120's by New Years... but the best I can do is keep on trying. There's just about 5 weeks left and 10 pounds lost seems like next to impossible in that time. Sigh...

I have yet to try to strap my son on my back--he's a squirmy 15 month old and terribly impatient with being confined even long enough to get dressed in the morning! I think I'm gonna have to put him in his pack-n-play and let him watch me lift weights! I think it's all a matter of ingenuity in fitting in scraps of execise around my day and hoping it adds up to enough.

So. Onward.....cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #253  

Hello All,

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was very and nice and i SHOCKED myself by actually doing what i said i would do. I stayed at one plate, and didnt even eat all that. Then i had one slice of pie and didnt eat but two bites of that. I think after all the cooking i did...i was just so tired, i could care less about the food, ha ha. I will have to do that every year. Really though, i think my stomach capacity really shrank. A month ago i could have eaten three plates...but i couldnt even finish one, although it was a FULL plate.

Now get this, so i did fine on thanksgiving, but pigged out today. What is my deal with weekends? Dang ol husband was cooking sausage patties when i woke up and it went down hill from there. It wasnt terrible, but it definately wasn't on plan. Lots of salt, lots of fat. And my cold has officially settled into my lungs DANG IT. I have coughing fits when i try to exercise. So i have not exercised since wednesday i guess. TERRIBLE. I have to get back to exercising or there is no way i will lose this week.

So okay though. i have stood back up and dusted myself off. Ready to get back on track tomorrow.

SNO: That sounds like a good birthday goal. I have a little short term goal as well. I just found out we will be going to the in-laws shortly after Christmas. I know i dont have a lot of time, but i am hoping for 8-10 loss by then. I hate going there though. They are all SO thin, healthy, and northern. Then here i am, the fat southerner. So you and I can work together towards our little short term goal. Oh and i give you credit for even weighing the day after thanksgiving...that takes guts. I have yet to step on the scale. Maybe that is why i fell out of sync this weekend. If i would have seen the scale be up a little, maybe i wouldn't have done so badly today.

Cuppa_ I love your sig line, about if hunger isnt the problem. That is a cool thought.

Ok, i am focused for a new day.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #254  

Hey ladies! It looks like everyone had a great Thanksgiving and nobody went overboard, isn't it a great feeling! I did go back for seconds but just stuffing and I my first plate wasn't very full. And immediately the next day I went back to low carb, I think my weigh-in tomorrow is going to be great, I can't wait to see the numbers and all of yours!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #255  

Default 5 weeks till New Years

Hi all:

well my weigh in was good this morning--no loss but my weight was exactly what it was before the holidays. So I am pleased. Five more weeks until new years. Four until Xmas. Three until my birthday.

So my major push will be the next three weeks!

Here is my plan:

1. Exercise: I am going to keep track of my exercise here because I sometimes forget how much I have done--I want to keep with my 5 days walk and 5 days legs stretching and abs routine per week. I also am going to tone up my abs routine--found a couple of great articles about it.

They said that if you have to do more than 50 reps of anything then do another exercise--you arent getting any benefits from doing more than 50. Also they said that 10 well done reps are better than 50 sloppy reps--I have fallen into that with one of my abs exercises--40 sloppy fast reps. Who knew!

2. Water--must get my 3 liters a day and do it before 5 or else I will be up all night. Also, I want to drink hot tea at night to keep me warm.

3. Stay away from artificial sweeteners--I find they tend to make me lose less weight for some reason.

4. Avoid salt--I have been slacking a little and adding salt to stuff.

5. Eat yogurt as my protein at least 2x per day--it help me with weight loss for some reason.

Okay that is the plan to have my weight where I want it to be on my birthday, Christmas and New Years!

Have a great day

Sno

Exercise: Sunday: 30 minute walk and all exercises and stretches