Old 10-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #166  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Sno I totally get you. Even though I don't make goals I set, I make progress. And progress is good
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #167  
'Just keep swimming...'

S/C/G: 232.5/210/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Sunday! I have to post quickly today because I'm working on two papers and studying for exams. I've lost another 2.5 pounds this week, not much - but I'll take it. I'm a bit surprised - usually I lose A LOT up front, I hope this isn't a bad omen and it's just because I'm actually following a plan this time! I doing very well sticking with the Body For Life plan, I can see a difference in my clothes and my metabolism is changing because I'm hungry every few hours now. Hopefully, things will even out for me!

Gotta run, my official weekly weigh in is tomorrow (the 2.5 was from yesterday) so, I'll check in tomorrow & have time to write more!
NikkiU72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Sno: Congrats on ONEderland!!! That is AWESOME!!! Your goal is just around the corner!!!

My vacation has been going really great! I am sssooo pleased I did a little shopping and I am able to get into an 8 at Old Navy!! YEAH!!!

My low carb diet has been ok, for the most part have been following but there has been an occasional treat here and there. I didn't weight myself this morning I compeletly forgot, I will have to post later this week once I weigh!

I hope everyone is having a great Columbus Day!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Monday 12 weeks to go!

Hi all:

hope everyone is having a nice holiday and have the day off. I am still resting today--still have sinusy symptoms. Weight loss for last week was 4 lbs which is a great week! My arm is sore but when it eases off I am going to do more sanding since I think that was what what did the trick!

Tee hee! in case you havent noticed I love the little halloween decorations. I know the skeletons are supposed to be laughing but I feel like they are smiling and nodding in affirmation@!

Mary: ha--am I nagging? I just want to encourage you cuz I know how it feels not to make goals--and I know how I have stopped trying at times cuz I didnt make my goals. But I was better off trying because at least I didnt gain!

nikki: 2.5 pounds is great! I know what you mean about losing weight up front but most of that is water from eating crap. Good luck with the exams!

helpme: size eight--wow! It is so great when you hit a size that really makes you happy--good job and keep up the good work!

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 10-08-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #170  
move it

all you Canadians!

I am recovering from all the food during my sister's wedding on Saturday. I gained a pound, which isn't too bad considering. I'm back on the straight and narrow today. I was happy to find clothes to wear to the wedding that I actually liked. I went with a turquoise jacket and matching blouse that I wore with black pants, and I found some nice things for the rehearsal dinner, too. That was a pleasant surprise. I think losing weight gave me some more options.

Nikki, I'm studying, too. I hope to pass the first part of the CPA exam next month. What are you taking?

BTW - does anybody know why we're getting all the links in our posts lately? When I view our pages, I see lots of hyperlinks. Are other folks seeing these?
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #171  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone - I'd love to join ... I just completed my first mini goal by Thanksgiving and set a new goal for new years. I'm sticking as close to plan as possible (just dont check my fitday for today!) and I've set a new goal... I need to lose 2.5 pounds a week which honestly hasnt been a problem because I'm so freakin huge right now (embarassing but true)

setting mini goals has really helped me not feel hopeless because I've got a long way to go. My lifestyle change consists of 1700 calories per day, and pilates/cardio 6 days a week. The accountability at 3FC has been really great for me.

So - a little bit about me. I'm 23 and usually 'hang out' in the dieting with obstacles forum. My oprah 'aha' moment about my lifestyle came after my MS went into remission this summer and I realized I wanted to be as proactive as possible with all other health related things I could actually CONTROL!

anyways... nice to 'meet' you all
Val

Last edited by valpal23; 10-08-2007 at 10:45 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #172  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm up a pound this week. 130, but I refuse to clock it in on the ticker. I drank some beer on saturday, and TOM should appear tomorrow so i'm accusing those factors of the extra pound. I also feel like I may be hitting a plateau. But i'm okay with that. As long as I stick on plan i'm pretty happy with where i'm at weightwise, just want some muscle to appearin my midsection.

Sno- thanks for the info. on chocolate and protein. I had no idea! I have yet to see those south beach diet bars here in vancouver, but i'm sure I can find a good substitute. I'll give it a try! Congratulations on the two pounds. You're on a roll. I hope you enjoy your massage today!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #173  

Default Wednesday!

Hi all:

hope you all are having a fantastic day! It is overcast here with a chance of rain. Actually that would be good with the fires this summer and basically we are still at risk for fire until we have some good rains.

Finally made some progress against the cold--what a tenacious bug. Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes, sanded for about 45, and did my leg exercises. So I feel virtuous.

last night I had a dream that I was at a huge gourmet dessert buffet. I looked at what they had and decided upon half a cupcake! Lets hope I do as well in real life when I am confronted with such yumminess!

Seasoning: sounds like you did great with the wedding and how nice to have choices about what to wear and feeling good about how you look. I know for me it has been a long time coming and I embrace it!

to Val! I really relate to weight loss being a health related thing you can control. I have been struggling with health problems for two years now, and have been really successful at losing weight on nutrisystem. And you're right--I told my doctors this is something I can do when a lot of things I cant do.

Elegant: If you want you can get the south beach bars online at Amazon--tho you can probably find something equivalent at a health food store. The reason I like these in particular is that they are 19 grams protein and really keep you feeling satisfied.

Have a good day all!

Sno
Old 10-12-2007, 07:11 AM   #174  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hi guys!
THere's finally a nip in the air in New Jersey and I am so glad. I wish my mother in law were still here so I could strap my youngest into my jogging stroller and go while my MIL watched my 4 year old.

There's no way I can take them on the sit and stand and a double stroller is impossible to think of...especially when taking into account the additional weight that will need to be pushed and pulled. *sigh*

Still, I'm excited about wearing my sweaters and cute winter clothes! Yay fall!

I am trying thus far to mantain some type of exercise routine. It's been slow going for a couple of months now and all my focus is on getting moving...I need to keep moving if I'm going to maintain...and certianly if I'm going to make my goal.

I hope all of you are well, Congratulations for keeping on truckin!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #175  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

I finally received my Turbo Jam package today and I'm hoping that will help me focus more on toning/training (i've been talking about it long enough jeez). I weighed myself in today so i'd know what i'm at before I start the dvds, and i'm back down, weighing in at 128. 3 pounds shy of my new goal weight! I'm pretty happy about that. All I want now is to tone my stomach and butt and lose a little more off the lower back, upper thighs. I figure those will be the last 3 pounds. I'm looking forward to this weekend as I'm going to a home interior design show, which should be fun. Also the b/f and I are going to look at some new duvet covers. I love new bedsheets!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #176  

Whew! what a few days--it has been hectic, y'all!

I have been shopping for a car--using major shopping skills. I wanted something that was a little sporty in look and driving, low mileage, reliable, not white or grey, gas efficient, sound system, good ac and heat, and a manual--I live on a mountain and a automatic burns out the brakes in about 6-8 months, plus manuals are more gas efficient and cheaper to repair. And all this for under 2000. And I found it! My hubby was so sceptical whenI told him about this car I saw on craigs list--he said it was too good to be true for $1500--he was kinda cranky about going to see it--it was about an hour away.

It is a red toyota tercel 1995, gets 40 mpg, everything works, new tires, and it has a little cassette radio. And we got it for $1350! My hubby kept saying he couldnt believe it. When we were looking at it he kept muttering to me--"take it, take it!" Ha ha--he finally is understanding about my shopping skills. The only problem is we set the car alarm to automatic on when we leave and it goes off all the time--Al will fix it tho. And it needs a major cleaning. In fact I am about to go to the store and get carpet shampoo!

So I must be saying good bye to the porsche--so sad! I will take some pictures of me in it before it goes.

As for weight loss--my cold is finally tapering off. I was in major stress earlier this week due to some legal crap but I am recovering now. Exercise has not been good so far this week--tho today with cleaning the car I will bust my butt.

Also I am up a pound so 198--eating has been perfect so maybe it is just due to stress or something. Anyway I am so happy because I was just about to put a "2" at the begining of my weight and I reminded myself to put a "1"!

Talk to you all later!

sno
Old 10-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #177  
Serious Chick

S/C/G: 215/188/135

Default Tomorrow is Monday again LOL

Well, I can't believe I've been offline for a week and a half. Bad Bad girl. Last week was like yours Snow. Super hectic and I got a cold. I ate pretty well considering, but no exercise I lost one pound a week, but today I'm 188 - What the? I'm hearin' you about the insurance stuff. Been there. Kudos on the car deal!!! Oh, and nice going - you not only reached onederland, you wizzed right by it!! I think the gained pound for you is just a fat to muscle conversion - all that sanding!!!

If I could have lost a pound for all the food dreams I've had while dieting - I'd be SKINNY. LOL Usually I've eaten something in my dream that I wasn't supposed to and am either feeling really bad about it or someone is telling me I shouldn't have eaten it.

Nikki - awesome! I know people that have done Body for Life, I think my sister tries it every year LOL She's only like 20lbs over weight. I kind of use the same principles but don't buy any of the shakes and bars etc.

Wow Val! You've already lost so many pounds - you're making me look bad! LOL Way-to-go.

Lekhika I love fall too! Only I'm ecstatic when sweater season arrives because I can finally hide my spare tire. Can't wait till I'm where you are!

OK Tomorrow is MONDAY again. Thank God for a brand new week. Italian Heritage Festa is over so no more Italian dinners LOL Feel free to give me a kick if I don't get some exercise in this week BTW my little girl won the Belli Bambini contest and made her Nonna's year I think LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bambini.jpg (62.6 KB, 4 views)
Yo Yo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #178  

Default Monday 11 weeks to go!

Hi all!

Cant wait to hear from you all and how you are doing! Sorry I havent been doing much personal replies--still trying to get all these tasks done!

Well I was 196 this morning when I woke up, so that is two lbs last week!!

I still have hesitate when I put my weight down like--do I put a 1 or a 2! I love it!

Gotta run.

sno
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!!

Sno: congrats on the 2 pounds!! You are awesome!!

I am up 1 pound over the past couple weeks. I am not too disappointed though, my vacation started out pretty well with the low carb but towards the end caved in to cake, potatoes, and fast food. Oh well! Next weeks weigh in will be better!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 AM   #180  
Serious Chick

S/C/G: 215/188/135

OK, I drank a pop, but I put in 5.5 miles on the treadmill tonight. Making this post was my inspiration LOL. Happy Monday
Yo Yo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote