Old 10-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #151  
Serious Chick

S/C/G: 215/188/135

Height: 5'8"

Thanks dcapulet

Well, I crapped out last night. Hopefully running around like mad till midnight cleaning and scrubbing pans helped make up for it. I love waking up to a clean house! Then baby girl woke up sick and I was up most of the night. "sigh" So, I should be napping with her right now, but hate to give up my quiet time.

Back when I was working and could afford a YMCA membership, I did yoga and pilates classes. My favorite combo was 45 minutes of boot camp, and 45 minutes of pilates as a cool down. That's some serious working out. I'd like to run - but my boobs have always been too big. Ouch. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So - *kicking myself* I haven't eaten yet today, I must fix that and get on the treadmill tonight!!

Last edited by Yo Yo Queen; 10-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Yo Yo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Wednesday

HI all:

I can relate to running around like mad--it has been a busy few days! I stayed up late last night writing a reply to a nasty insurance denial letter. I am still not done.

My armoire finally arrived! So I was cleaning it and getting it set up. Finally I will have some room to put stuff.

I did part of my walk this morning and the delivery guys came so I still have to do my walk.

Thats it--just lotsa details to take care of. No weight loss so far this week--onederland is torturing me. I can deal--my weight is the lowest it has been since 12 years ago.

Oh and check out Snowbrocade store--lotsa items are 50% off till FridaY!

http://stores.ebay.com/snowbrocade46...eNameZl2QQtZkm

Mary/sock: I know you wish you had lost more but 3 lbs is great--just think what would have happened if you hadnt been trying at all! I know when I was in a bingfest I could gain 10lbs in a month easy! So keep trying that is the key--also post as much as you can--getting on the website keeps reminding us how much we want to do this!

Nikki: thanks so much for telling us this story--the tragedy and bravery of that day tears my heart. But at least we got to hear about some heroes on the news rather than just the usual rape murder thing. People do heroic things everyday and we rarely hear about it!

dcapulet: thanks so much for telling us about your plan to teach yoga--I love it that you are targeting a needy population--that is fantastic. You are a bodhisattva!

Yo Yo: to the group. Your plan sounds healthy. I used to use Fitday all the time! I would plan out my meals the night before and try to plan for as many of my fave foods as possible--just smaller portions. Yoga and pilates--that is fantastic. I used to kundalini yoga and it made me feel just great. I cant wait until my knee is better so I can return--hoping weight loss will help with that! Pilates would probably be great for me right now.

Lekhika: well sure it feels better to have that just do it attitude but if you can keep going during a "meh" phase then you will do fantastic on maintenance. I think it is these periods that create the most problems. And being happy is fantastic! Keep it up and keep posting!

Have a great day all!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #153  

I wrote this on another forum today--thought I would share it with you!

Hints for dealing with hunger!

1. Drink water! I found out that sometimes when I think I feel hungry I am in fact thirsty. Also if you drink a bunch of water it will fill your stomach and by the time it gets absorbed it probably will be time to eat something else. plus if you drink 96 ounces a day it raises your metabolism.

2. Eat yogurt for your dairy or proteins—for some reason it really fills me up and I don’t get as hungry as soon.

3. Be happy! Hunger pangs mean that you are losing weight! I always lose more when I have been going thru a hungry phase. So when I feel hungry I don’t react to it like I did before nutrisystem, I just tell myself—Great! I am losing weight!

4. Dont get below 1200 calories a day--if you do your metabolism goes into shutdown mode.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #154  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

thanks for the advice snow! I know i need all the help I can get...

Good morning!

I'm kinda on a roll with my mini goals, so I figure I'll keep right on going. I'm going to the gym this morning, and I'm going to get in some cardio and weights. I'm not going to commit to a certain time, cause just getting there is big for me. But I'm shooting for 60 minutes.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #155  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Happy thursday!

I decided to do my weigh in this morning as this coming long weekend is Thanksgiving up here in canada (so happy thanksgiving my fellow canadians!). Also TOM rears its ugly head early next week so I just figured it better to do it now instead of monday. I'm down 1 pound! I'm FINALLY beginning to see my hips shrink which is nice (although i'd still like to keep some, I don't want to lose the curves completely!). My stomach is slowly but surely shrinking as well and as I come only 4 pounds shy of my goal I think that 125 is really what i'd like to be at. I've had to lower my goal twice now (first it was 132-134, then I switched it to 128, now i'm content with the goal of 125). My turbojam I ordered STILL hasn't arrived, and I"m hoping I can do the Learn and Burn part of the series starting this weekend. So fingers crossed it arrives today or tomorrow.
Speaking of today or tomorrow, both are long days for me as we are short staffed so one of the girls can fly to see her family for thanksgiving. This results in more walking for me. More walking= more burnt calories. So i'm happy!

Sno- I couldn't agree more with those tips. The yogurt one especially. I've also read many places that yogurt helps with weightloos so it's an extra good tip. Instead of granola on mine I'll put a bit of allbran ontop of yogurt. No harm with some extra bran in ones diet! You're so close to onederland it's exciting!

Yo-Yo - Welcome. It sounds like the plan you've got planned out will work wonders. I've incorporated more fibre in my diet and I must admit it makes me feel great! With the exception of the beginnign when i was abnormally gasy!

Lekhika- how are you finding maintenance? I'm so close and admitingly a little nervous. I have faith though!

I must admit to you all, i'm still kinda slacking when it comes to weight training. For cardio I do more than necessary so thats not a worry. My eating habits are terrific and I barely even crave fatty foods anymore (maybe because of all that cheating i did it september, oops!). I haven't slept well this week and I think thats whats hindering my energy thus making me not want to weight train. I need to kick myself in the butt and stop coming up with excuses. I've already made myself a workout itinerary for saturday-friday to make sure I follow the weight training. With thanksgiving dinner around the corner I need to make sure I get 'er done.

Anyways I hope you're all having a terrific week, I probably won't be around the boards tomorrow, but i'll be back on saturday!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 199/184/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi everyone! I am new around here and would like to join you all late. I am a 30 year old sahm of 3 kiddlets. I am still currently breastfeeding my 8 month old but still feel like it is a good healthy time to start losing weight! I have waited long enough. I would like to lose at least 15 pounds before Jan. 1 2008! I think posting here will keep me in the game!
Anabella04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #157  
move it

Hi everybody, and happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!

It's been a little crazy here lately. My sister gets married on Saturday and everybody's fussing around. I don't have anything to wear to the wedding or the rehearsal dinner tomorrow, so I have to go shopping today. I sort of hate to buy clothes when I'm losing weight, though. I like to get things I can wear for a while. I guess I keep thinking of the "happily ever after" phase when I get to goal, but the reality is that my body will always be changing in one way or another.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #158  

Default Yipee!

My dear friends!

That moment has come--I am now officially in onederland as of this morning!

I dont really know what to say! I feel kinda stunned--this is really happening? Wow--I must celebrate! I just got a new pair of pjs so maybe that is my celebration. NO--I want to get a massage I think!

I have been working on sanding my new desk and yesterday my whole body was sore--since I was only moving my arms I wondered why but I guess I was putting my whole body into it. I was hoping it would help my arms lose weight!

to Anabella!

Sno
Old 10-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #159  
move it

Snow!

I knew you'd do it! Go out and get that full-body massage! And I hope you get some hunky guy to do it! Way to go!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Congratulations Snow
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #161  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Snow!!! You'v come so far
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 PM   #162  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Sno! You deserve that massage!! Not only for your weightloss, but for keeping this thread going. You are a huge inspiration to us all and you're also a great motivator.

Mary- Congratulations on hitting the 40pound loss mark. That deserves a celebration as well!

I said I wouldn't be around tonight, but plans changed so here I am. I just finished a nice ab workout and I'm hoping i'll have some good aches tomorrow. I've gotten a few pms on my facebook from people I haven't seen in a while complimenting me on my weightloss, which has felt quite good. A client at work brought us all our own box of chocolates, which I gave to the b/f. But seeing that box lying around our place is making me so tempted. I don't even like chocolate, but I find with TOM approaching I also get a hankering for chocolate, among other unhealthy treats. Grrr.

Seasoning- I know what you mean about shopping for the 'in between clothes' I'm bad for hanging onto huge pants and just supporting them with a belt that fits. Did you find a nice dress for the rehearsal dinner? I bet you'll look absolutely amazing!! Even if it is an in between size, dresses are often really easy to take in so once you reach your goal, it may still be able to hang in the closet. If not, it's still nice to see what size you once were and how far you've come right?

To those of you who do weights and cardio in one session:
Do you do cardio first or weights? I'm still having trouble deciding which works best for me. I know everyones different, but i'm curious as to what the majority thinks. I'm leaning towards weights then cardio, as then i'm not too pooped from cardio so that I can't do enough reps. But i'm open to suggestions!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #163  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

so, i didn't make goal yesterday. I plan on 30 min yoga, and 30 min light aerobics today. it's super humid here!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #164  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Elegant I say eat a piece of chocolate! You deserve it! You look fantastic, and if you want a piece of chocolate don't tell yourself you can't have any.

dcapulet...I wish I had a dollar for everytime I didn't make goal LOL. I actually don't think I have met ONE single goal I have set for myself on this journey. Don't let it get you down.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 10-06-2007 at 01:04 PM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #165  

Default saturday

Hi all:

hope everyone is having a nice weekend--I am mostly relaxing because I have this weird cold that is in my sinuses and makes me feel dizzy. I kept going with my chores through the cold yesterday, but I think it made me feel worse. So I am going to take it easy.

Down another two pounds this morning! I am pretty happy.

Hi elegant: one of the things that is great about my program is learning that if I have protein with sweets that it doesnt screw me up unless I eat a whole bunch. So some ideas about choco--have it with some high protein snack or meal. Or get one of those south beach protein bars--they have 19 grams of protein and they have choco ones. I think doing this type of thing will really help with maintenance.

dcapulet: keep going--it must be hard to work out in that kind of weather. Did you achieve any part of your goal? If so celebrate that part!

Hi mary: I think that part of the weight loss process is learning to trust ourselves and forgive ourselves for all the times we couldnt follow thru with our goals. Having said that the way it has worked for me is to keep setting the goals and keep posting on why it hasnt worked and posting about why I want this. Ultimately that has worked for me. Hope to keep hearing from u!

Sno

PS--I have a massage scheduled for Tuesday!

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 10-06-2007 at 04:04 PM.