Old 05-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Zoe ~ I should have white hair by now with my two girls. What one doesn't think of the other does. We have decided that July 2 is a bad day to be born on in our family. My brother and daughter were born that day and both have always been in trouble. My Mom has always said that my daughter really should have been my brothers. HAHAHAH! Lucky me. My Mom forwarned me to not plan on this ending any time soon since my brother is almost 42, has an excellent job and still gets himself in pickles and needs them to bail him out. I sure hope thats not true for me.

Well I am off for the night and I will talk at you all tomorrow.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I fell off for a while but jumped back on the band wagon on 5-11

5-11 929 calories; 17 fat; 149 carbs; 54 protein
5-12 838 calories; 26 fat; 91 carbs; 60 protein
5-13 847 calories; 29 fat; 75 carbs; 71 protein
5-14 891 calories; 19 fat; 93 carbs; 76 protein

i'm really trying to hit 1000 and i'm sure i'll it today! i just get busy sometimes!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #168  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I have one of those brothers too, Lara. 36, still has the crappy jobs though.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~ 1485
Fiber~ 47 g
Sodium~ 1218 mg

I think I'm going to stop tracking sodium every day and just check on it weekly. I seem to be doing okay with that unless we eat out.

I feel like I may be coming down with something. I'm hoping it's just allergies and hopefully the rain we are due for will clear the air a bit.

Everyone have a great evening!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hello everyone... another former Fat Smasher here. I fell off the plan and can't seem to get back on again. So.. I am going to give calorie counting a try again. Thanks for the invite, Tinky!

I had a check up last week and my triglycerides (sp?) were extremely high. My good cholesterol was too low. My doctor is going to give me some medication for it... but I have to have a colonoscopy first. YEA!!! NOT! I have put off going to the doctor for too long and now that I have turned the big 4 0.. there are all sorts of tests that they want to run on me. I go for a mammogram tomorrow. Never had one before. Not too worried about it, though. I just need to get my weight under control so I don't end up with heart problems or diabetes. I have to have a bone density test on Thursday. I feel like a science project. lol.

I look forward to getting to know you all. I need to figure up how many calories I need each day.

TTYL,
Sherry
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #171  

Calories Tuesday: 1386

Sherry ~ I hit the big 40 next January. I started Mammograms last year and need to get another scheduled. My body is being turned upside down by starting the change early but that is alright with me because I would like to have it done and over with. I am glad that Tinky invited you over because this is a wonderful, supportive group. Calorie counting is hard at first but the longer you do it the easier it gets. It really feels natural to me now and I have a total different eating lifestyle than I used to have and it is constantly evolving as I discover new things.

Zenor ~ I sure hope you are feeling better. My ear has been plugged and my glands swollen for two weeks now. While I was walking the dog this morning something gave way and boom my ear is now clear and I felt my gland and its still a little tender but not swollen hard anymore.

Zoe ~ I do believe that just about every family has one that is a trouble maker and just has no ambition to make something of themselves. I always just shake my head in disbelief. My DD definitely has no ambition to get any type of job and I have come to that conclusion. I hated to face the fact but its true.

This is going to sound weird but I want to ask you all if you have noticed how you walk? The reason I ask is because I have three different breeds of horses. All three are bred to walk differently. Two were purposely bred to give the ridder a nice smooth experience. Anyway, it got me to thinking about the way I walk. My natural walk is to take small steps with a short stride, I twist at the hips and I can do it very fast. I have watched programs about how to speed walk properly and they encourage people to take nice long strides. I have been working on lengthening my stride for over a year now and it still doesn't feel right and I don't feel comfortable walking really fast because I feel off balance plus there are days it makes my hips hurt. It just doesn't feel natural and I just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experiences. I have decided I am just going to go with my natural walk because I don't feel like I am going to fall down and I can do it faster than when I try to lengthen my stride. My horse tries to do unnatural gates (way they walk) for him and he has literally fallen down while I was ridding him because of it and I don't feel like falling down.

Well I better get going for now and talk at you all later.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #172  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

SHERRY!!! Yay....hey there buddy!! I'm so glad you made it here.
And you're welcome!! You will do fine!! It's a little hard in the beggining, heck, I'm somewhat still in the beggining, but it's starting to feel like second nature to me. I started at 1400 calories, but needed more. So I average between 1600-1750 calories.

GrammyL- the walk....hmmm...I usually do quick steps, everyone tells me I walk fast, or I'm on a mission. LOL But as of late, I walk with more finesse when I'm just "walking." My co-workers remark that I do alittle bit of a sway with my hips. (whatever)

Aint that truth GrammyL for the troublemaker that would be my bro! LOL My parents tell me that I have a good head on my shoulders vs him, who needs reminders, and really can't take care of himself as well. Though he's only 20! But man I feel like I'm living with a 13 year old. (why did I ever let him come live with me?)

Zenor- I hope you feel better, will keep my fingers crossed that you only have allergies. I know mine are running rampant, thanks to the cottonwood trees! Ugh!

Heather- I hope you feel better!!! It's one of those times when sharing isn't caring!

RockNRoll-
Hi! Are those your calorie averages daily? They seem a bit low.

Coolmom- Congrats on the 2lbs!! That's wonderful! Every little helps. As long it's not a gain! LOL!

Well have a great "Hump" Day everyone!!!! I'll talk to you all later!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #173  

Sherry! I had my cholesterol checked approx. 2 years ago (I'm just turning 30~I think I was checked early because of family history.) My good cholesterol was a little low (although my over all was okay.) My doctor told me that exercise was the best way to raise good cholesterol. I like to walk for my exercise (I have knees with a mind of their own. Lol.) I haven't had it checked recently though, so I can't tell you if it's making a big difference.

Grammy & Tinky~ My lungs are still congested, but I think it is from allergies. I ran the vaporizer last night and that seemed to help loosen things up a bit. I hope it rains soon; I'd like some relief. Geesh, I take claritin, I can't imagine how bad it's be without allergy medicine!

Grammy~ I have a couple of different ways I walk. My parents both walked differently (Dad was fast long strides & Mom had a slow shuffle due to MS.) I adjusted my walk to whomever I was with and to this day I still do the same thing.

The scale was down two more lbs this morning. I'm not going to change my ticker until tomorrow though. I hope it sticks!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #174  

Hi everyone...
I've done ww before and have tried calorie counting but had no success and decided to give it another try. I've been ready comments and trying to understand how everything works, about a month ago I got fitday and am enjoying my new change. Today is going to be my first day exercising. YAY. I was wondering if it would be ok for me to join this thread. Good luck to everyone.
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck.I find calorie counting to be easy and a healthy way to go, no limiting of certain foods or eating at certain times. Stay within your calorie limit and of course it is better to choose wholesome foods. In my case I watch the carbs and sodium and plan all menus ahead ,it takes me about 5 minutes to plan my meals for the following day.Exercise along with your calorie counting and you are on your way.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Get a book with calorie counts , you can get a lot of info online but is helpful to have one handy when you are not online.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #177  

Does anyone know of an website where I can put in what exercise I did and find out how many calories I burned?
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #178  

Sunshine ~ I have tried just about everything under the sun and this seems so much easier. I am a label reader and I usually go buy what the label has for calories. I don't have that to go by I have a TOPS book and a calorie counting book I use. I had these books from previous things I have done.

Zenor ~ Its those long strides that just kill my one hip. I realize some of it is from an old injury that will never be right but the off balance thing is what gets me. Probably from my younger years when I was such a cluts and fell all the time. I learned to take quick steps to keep from falling. HAHAHHAHA!

Tinky ~ That is very similar to how I walk. I look like I am on a mission but it is very comfortable and gets my blood moving. I used to always get picked on because I waddled but it works.

Zoe ~ That is fantastic, 2 lbs. I am spending a lot of time in the bathroom and I hope I have been retaining water is why I haven't lost much.

Tonight I am going to make a spice chicken salad. I realize the sodium is out the roof but I just LOVE this salad and I don't need any dressing with it. I am going to take Franks Hot Sauce and brush it on 2 Morningstar Chik patties and cut them into strips for a chicken strip salad. I am using the Morningstar Chik patties because I decided to have a meat free day. I try to do this once a week. Well I can't say completely I had fish for lunch and I consider that meat but I know most people don't.

Well I better get going and place some orders and do some more paperwork.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #179  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Woo hoo....I have time to hop on here before I work out. Well it's been pretty productive day at work. I'm eating stuff, that I feel uncomfortable eating, but my calories are still down. LOL. I keep forgetting that I can have stuff in moderation.

GrammyL- When I walk sometimes my left ankle gives out, so it looks like I tripped over my own feet. It was from a soccer injury, so it's a combo, I have a sway walk, fast and brisk, and clumsy! LOL The salad sounds delish!! I'm going to have a veg night too. I made some good tofu stir fry and will have that with some brown rice.

Hello Sunshine!! Welcome!!! Good Luck with everything! What exercise are you going to do????? I never thought I would say this, but I actually look forward to working out. Eeeek! Ok getting a little crazy there. LOL

Zenor- Man my allergies killed me today, I looked like I was crying all day! Thank goodness for allergy medicine. Congrats on the 2lbs down. Woo hooo!

Well off to the Elliptical I go......I'm ready to get hot and sweaty.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #180  

Calories for today~ 1520
Fiber~ 49g

I bought some herbal Breathe Deep tea to help with my lung congestion. I swear I feel like I skipped over the cold and got bronchitis first. How weird is that? I may have some more tea & honey later (it seems to help) so my calories may go up a bit, but if I feel better then I think it's okay.

Thanks for all the get well wishes!

Sunshine~ Do you have a fitday.com account? It's free, you can log in what you eat, and you can put in your activities to see how much you are burning. I love it! It doesn't have all foods, but I like the feature that lets you add custom foods.