Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #241  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm two whole pages behind! LOL

TOPS meeting last night was great. I'm down another two pounds and I came home with another $9 for being the biggest loser for the week and winning the contest we just finished up. wooohoo. Like I said, its a rollercoaster. Now I'm feeling great and my pants are feeling loose. Maybe another 3 weeks and I'll be in my 14s.

Lovemyboy...you can do it! You planned your goal perfectly, eh? One week left and only 1.8 pounds to lose.

Grammy...lol about the pony nipping ya. nothing is perfect in life I guess. I hope your grandson can find a stable home with you. It does sound like he's getting the wrong kind of exposure with his mom right now.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #242  

I just posted this on the mini-goals page, but had to share it with you directly because I love my calorie counting buddies!

"I've been doing this for over a month now, and I'm still excited about losing weight. I see each day as a challenge that I can meet. I have started to take better care of myself, too. I won't go out in my sweatpants anymore (unless it's to the GYM!), and before those were the only clothes I had! I am wearing jewelry again. I put lotion on my whole body after I get out of the shower. I may even experiment with wearing makeup - just some eyeliner / eyeshadow, something subtle. I've made a total 180 degree turn from my former self, and I'm running away from it as fast as I can. "

Calories were low today, but I ate plenty. I'll probably have something else small to eat before bed, because one of the twins still wants to nurse at night. How's that for a justification for eating late?

Today's calories:
Total: 1517
Fat: 37 330 23%
Sat: 11 101 7%
Poly: 3 29 2%
Mono: 10 92 6%
Carbs: 185 666 46%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 110 440 31%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

BREAKFAST: oatmeal, coffee (no sugar), 1 c. milk
SNACK: cottage cheese with Goldfish
LUNCH: 3 oz. salmon, black beans, broccoli, 1/2 c. veg. beef soup, 1 cup nonfat yogurt
SNACK: veg. beef soup, reduced fat Triscuits
DINNER: 3 oz. chicken, 1/2 c. rice, large salad
DESSERT: 1 Kashi chocolate oatmeal cookie

EXERCISE: lots of housework, wearing 2 babies around the house for about 1 1/2 hours, grocery shopping wearing 1 baby, couple trips up and down the stairs
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #243  

I just ate 12 California rolls! lol it was totally worth it
Old 05-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
I just ate 12 California rolls! lol it was totally worth it
Um, 12 rolls or 12 pieces? Lol. If you ate 12 rolls with out bursting then you have an amazing stomach! I love maki rolls and nigiri sushi! In fact, I love all Japanese food and I make room for it in my calories. You're right, it's so worth it!

I'll post my calories tomorrow. I'm still sick and I need to go to bed.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #245  

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie! And I am glad I found others that like counting calories as a way to lose the weight. I lose best counting calories. It allow me to eat the way I want and not as I am told. Don't get me wrong I love good advice but when you start telling me I can have 3 crackers and a cup of cabbage soup I start losing it really fast (and I'm not talking weight here).

A couple of years ago I lost 20 pounds count calories and somehow they found there way back to me (Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday ) and I have been trying to get the weight off every since but just could until last week I started counting again. And sure enough the weight is coming off.

Now for my first question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Hi everyone! I've never started up one of these before, but since it is May now I figured we should start a new one.

So far so good today. If I stay on track I should be under 1400 calories for the day with 46 grams of fiber.
Zenor ~ How in the world are you getting 46 grams of fiber in 1400 calories? I am very interested in this. Please share!

Thanks in Advance!
MonaRae

Last edited by MonaRae; 05-22-2007 at 11:58 PM.
MonaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Um, 12 rolls or 12 pieces? Lol. If you ate 12 rolls with out bursting then you have an amazing stomach! I love maki rolls and nigiri sushi! In fact, I love all Japanese food and I make room for it in my calories. You're right, it's so worth it!

I'll post my calories tomorrow. I'm still sick and I need to go to bed.
LOL!!! okay 12 pieces. my 6 year old ate the last 4, thank goodness. Its the same cals as a foot long Subway sandwich. I'm going to have to have these again.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Zoe ~ Can you share your recipe for the California Rolls, they sound like they would be a nice change from the every day. on the weight loss!

Carrie ~ I am going thru the same changes and it feels good to me to care what I look like. Even though I have along way to go on the weight loss I feel better just because I am taking better care of myself.

MonaRae ~ to our group and I look forward to getting to know you. I actually did the cabbage soup diet way back when. The odd thing is, I love cabbage soup but I don't want to eat it every day. I may have to make a small batch.

Zoe ~ I chuckle about the nip also because it was such an odd place but that his about mouth height for him on me. No, no such thing as a perfect horse/pony. I have always said if you can tolerate their flaws, keep them and since he only does that every once in a while I can handle it and its his biggest flaw.

So, speaking of taking care of ourselves, last night was beauty night and now I have a sore backside. HAHAHAHA! We went to the tanner for the first time in years for me and DD has never gone. Well I went in the buff and well my rear end is now burnt to a crisp because it hasn't ever seen the light of day. We had planned on going again today but I told DD we better wait another day or so. Then we went to the other end of the mall and got our hair done. I also bought new earrings and cleaned my rings and cleaned them. So, even though my back and backside are warm I feel reall good about myself today.

UPDATE ON ODD: She is already tired of her friend being there. We had a long talk about why I dislike this girl and ODD's boyfriend was there and he couldn't believe that my DD still wants to be friends with her. He sees my point now and wants her out of there. I guess the are taking her and her clan back no later than Friday.

I took YDD, ODD and her boyfriend, and DGS out to dinner last night. I was good and ordered a veggie burger (way over cooked). I am trying to get used to the boyfriend because I have the feeling he is going to be around for a while. This is the third time they have dated in the last year.

Well I better get going and I will talk at you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #248  

Tuesday, May 22
Breakfast: Boca Brat, 2 slices ww light cinnamon toast
Snack: 1 laughing cow, 2 Tbsp Hummus, 2 light wasa
Lunch: Smart one turkey medalions and green beans, salad, Quaker Cinnamon Struesel
Snack: 1 laughing cow, 2 Tbsp Hummus, 2 light wasa, 2 servings pear (forgot to eat one serving with morning snack)
Dinner: Garden Burger, small order FF
Snack: Apple Sauce Muffin (DD bought at a bake sale for school)

Total: 1500 rough estimate

Was active 2 - 20 minute walks, lower body sculpting. Also shopped and hauled hay and racked grass for horses. I know the last two don't really count but its movement.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #249  

Question: Does anyone know what could be in flavor waters that would make me bloat. I have noticed over the past year that every time I buy flavored no cal waters my hands bloat up bad. Yes, they do have a little sodium in them but not much. I also use artificial sweetners every day so I am used to those.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #250  

Grammy, the california rolls were from Costco (or Sam's club?). I'm not that adventurous in the kitchen. lol!

The beauty day sounds fun. I had my first pedicure last month and that was nice. I think I'll do that again. I've never done the tanning bed thing, but I have sun spots on my chest from sun tanning when I was a teenager, so I'm okay with pale now. haha.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #251  

I forgot to share. DGS went peepee in his potty today for the first time. I guess he hasn't been wetting over night and this morning DD got up and checked on him and he was laying without a diaper in bed. So she got him up and put him on the potty and he went. She said he was smiling from ear to ear. He is 16 months old so he is doing good. For some reason this little guy has broke himself from the pacifier, bottle and appears diapers is next. I have just never seen a baby teach themselves to do things.

Last edited by GrammyL; 05-23-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #252  

Zoe ~ I thought about doing that and my nails last night also but figured I had already spent enought money. I don't know what has come over me on wanting to get a nice tan. I don't want to go to dark and the my neighbor who just moved a way always had a light tan that looked so good and she said she went to the tanner three times a week to help with depression. I definitely don't want to look like those girls that work their. YUCKO. The one was all blotchy and uneven because she was so dark.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #253  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies!!! How's everyone!!! Thanks for the congrats!! I know my day wouldn't be complete w/o posting on here. I took the day off from work, just because. LOL So been having a slow going morning. I am so sore from doing a good 60 mins of aerobics. Ouch! Though today I have my 40 mins of strength training and 20 mins of cardio. Shall be fun. (Note to self...I'm doing good for myself )

GrammyL-
Your beauty day sounds like so much fun. I'm looking forward to doing that with my mom in Sept. As for California rolls, I rather buy them, then make them. DF makes them but only on weekends. LOL Trader Joes has some decent ones as well. I usually do that with a bowl of Miso Soup, and a small salad.

Zenor- I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Lucs mom-
LOL about the drawing...I know my Doc was like can I send you home with a bag of protection and other stuff? I'm like umm...since when do you go to the Dr.s and recieve party favors? LOL That's exactly what it looked like.It was a cellophane bag with lubes, multi colored packs of protection, and stuff! LOL Crazy!

MonaRae-
We have a great group of ladies here!! Good Luck to you!

CJC- What a wonderful post! I too felt the same way, I'm wearing more jewelery and hiding my body less under baggy clothes. It feels great!! Keep up the great work!

Well have a great day everyone!!

Here's my numbers and meal plan for today

Fat - 16.8% (30 grams)
Protein - 26.1% (106 grams)
Carbohydrates - 57.1% (232 grams)
Alcohol - 0.0%
Other - 0.0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 1,916 mg
Daily Cholesterol Intake - 558 mg
Daily Fiber Intake - 30 grams

Menu:
B: Two eggs, English Muffin and a large glass of water
S: Mango and yogurt
L: Lean Cuisine Meat Loaf (my first one ever), 1 c. broccoli and cauliflower
S: Apple, Kashi Chewy Granola Bar
D: Grilled Chicken, spinach, and mixed veggies, brown rice
S: Fat Free Pudding, and maybe a 100 calorie Chips Ahoy
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #254  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

GrammyL- I had to go back and comment on your tanning adventure. It's nice to get a lil color. But alot of the girls who work at the tanning salon look out of this world, when you start looking like an Oompa Loompa then that's where it should stop!

Yay for your DGS on his potty! That's awesome! Sounds like you got a baby genius there!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I took everyones advice and ate more yesterday! I feel really good today and depsite a lack of sleep i had a great amount of energy- imagine that!

Total Calories: 1,185
Total Burnt: 379
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote