Old 05-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #286  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky009 View Post
Hey what happened to our tickers?? Is it something to do with the site? Or is it me? LOL :shrug:

I think it is because they are changing servers tonight, that the tickers might have already been moved or something. But it's not only you. The tickers seem to disappear about once every month or two.
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #287  

Yup the tickers are back now!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #288  

I didn't count calories today. I haven't skipped a day in over a month. But today I really just felt like I didn't want to do it. I had a few bingy moments. I think it may have been my body's way of saying that I'd been eating too little. I also had been getting kind of militant about counting, and having a day off from the tedious percentages and ounces of food was refreshing for my mind. I miss it though, as I am an anal person!

I also was busy around the house and was glad not to have to punch in numbers. I spent that time researching food sensitivities, as I think my 3 daughters are having reactions to foods.

I'll go back to counting tomorrow. I hope everyone had a good day and is having a great holiday weekend. All our past and present military women and men are in the front of my mind, especially our soldiers in the Middle East. I wish for them all a safe and speedy return home to their families.
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #289  

Carrie-I understand about having to take a day off, or just getting away from it. When I first started I was very anal and wrote everything down. Now that I am 5 months into it, I know how much the calories are what I eat and just but it into fitday when I have time.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!! I had a GREAT day yesterday. Hubby and I went and seen Pirates and well I was kinda disappointed. Not like the first 2. This one had many more actions scenes, but they were very hard to follow. So was the story line, didn't know who was crossing who. But I am glad I seen it. Plus Johnny had his shirt off!!! UM!!!! After the movie we ate at my mom's (she was watching the kids). I ate a little too much but not bad. Got home just in time for the Nascar Race and well my favorite driver Casey Mears won !!!! Oh I am so happy I was screaming and crying!! This is the first race he won. He is sponsored by the National Guard, so it is only fitting that he won on Memorial Day weekend with a special paint job that payed tribute to all of the fallen National Guard soliders!!

Ok enough of that!! LOL Don't know if you can all tell but I am still very very excited about the race!! Everyone have a great day!!!
Mary
Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #290  

BLAH! My weight loss has stagnated in the past couple weeks. I'm happy to be maintaining, but losing is much better. I saw 179.5 on the scale on Saturday morning (I think it was that day) but it was fleeting.

I haven't been as diligent with calorie counting in the past several days. I've been picking between meals. I also have been 5 days since I've been to the gym. Closed over the holiday weekend. I've been getting some exercise in (walking, carrying babies, etc) it's not the same as "formal" exercise. I'll be going back to the gym tomorrow - it always makes my food part of the plan better.

My husband works for the parks and recreation department here, and we've never had a holiday weekend off, because this is a HUGE weekend for parks. These long weekends always bum me out because we're the only people not going to BBQs and parties. Weekends have totally lost their appeal. However, he may be changing jobs and would be in the administrative section of parks and rec and would work M-F, 8-5. What a change for us that would be - actually being able to attend a wine festival or music concerts downtown on the lawn!
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

We're back. I'll try to catch up on posts tomorrow.

I think I did okay calories wise. I didn't really count. I'm sure I was a tad over Friday, Saturday, way over on Sunday (but under 2000 I think), and I think I was okay today. I'll jump back on the wagon tomorrow. We'll see if I gained anything in the morning.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Zoe ~ Yes, I sure do see why you could eat that many. They were definitely good and I will have them on occasion.

Carrie ~ I hope your DH gets that other position. I can see how it would ruin holiday weekends. I catch myself skipping the calorie counting on the weekends and I need to start doing it again because I am seeing where I am absolutely horrible when I don’t. I was really bad this weekend and I am now picking myself up and brushing myself off. I am not letting it get me down.

Natalia ~ My DH and I are very adventurous with food. We went to an Indian buffet when we went to Niagra Falls and it was really good but I have the feeling it was unhealthy. We have several faculty members and students from India and occasionally get them to bring in samples of things. What they consider sweets is a lot different then ours. I have to say almost all that I have had are yucky when it comes to the sweets.

Theresa ~ Nice to see you! So what are they doing for you with the sleep apnea? Geez, you make me feel rude because I just share when I feel down. Your always welcome to come and share, vent or what ever you need to do.

Petra ~ I am the same way. I just want to shop, shop, shop and I worry that when I actually get smaller that I am not going to be able to control myself. HAHAHAHA! I guess I will worry about that when I get to that road. My DD went to see Shrek and said the same thing.

Well we did go to the Lansing Zoo. It was really empty and so no rushing except we took DD’s boyfriends daughter and she had to be back at a certain time. It was fun but DH said we won’t ever take them again if we have to be back at a certain time. You feel rushed.

Then DH saw DD and told her she was pg. She said no I am not. She took two pg tests that night and sure enough she is. ARG! I am not to upset about it for some reason but she just doesn’t need another one since she doesn’t take as good of care of DGS as I think she should. Then to top it off her boyfriend doesn’t have a job and neither does she. Just irritates me but I told her its her life and do what she wants. It was planned, had to be because she is suppose to be taking the pill to keep her from having TOM because of a condition she has. They are both excited about it and I just hope they realize that they need to get off there rears to pay for this ones stuff. I have paid for just about everything for DGS so far in his life and I don’t mind but I can’t afford two. Well I can but I don’t want to.

DGS was really sick yesterday. Poor little guy was running a temp of 102.8 when we got him to the hospital. He has some condition that causes him to get a fever out of the blue. I want to know what it is and all about it. I don’t know if this is a temporary virus type thing or something he will have the rest of his life. It as scary to me because he took a nape and got up dopy and he normally gets up running. All he wanted to do is lay on DH or I. I nagged at DD until we went to the hospital. They said DGS needs to see the doctor today. I have to take her in anyway if they can get them in. The doctor is going to be hot that she is pg because of her condition.

TOM hit and so did the munchies and munchies have been plentiful unfortunately. So I am up but I hope its bloat and that I can lose anything that I may have actually gained this week by being extra good. I avoided counting and the scale until today. Back on track and hope not to much damage is done.

Well I better get going incase DD is trying to call. I had today off and lucky me I get to take her to the doctor.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

We also went to the Memorial Day Parade yesterday and like normal I ended up tearing up but tried to keep it covered up. My Grandfather died in WWII and I start thinking about how his young life was cute short like so many others and how my Mom's life might have been different if he wouldn't have died. She has a rough life because her step Dad molested her while she was growing up and her parents struggled really bad financially. Mom raised her brothers for the most part so her Mom could work longer house at the hospital. Just so much goes thru my head on this day and so many emotions.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good morning girls

Thanks hugs to everyone, especially those that have helped me when down.

I think half of my depression has been due to stopping my meds for Menapause. I think I have been pms'ing and did not know it. Just thought about it this week end. Goes to make since. It has been about 3 weeks since I stopped the meds. I should have expected some kind of reaction to it. Might explain also why I have been wanting to eat everything in front of me. I just have to fight it harder!

Lara,
please don't feel rude, for sharing. Everyone deals with things different... not better ways, just our own. Thats what makes us different! If we all did things the same, life would get boring.

Good luck with your dgs. I will add him to my prayers. It is hard to watch you little ones be sick or not normal.

Our little dgd, has just come to the realization that things are NOT same for her as other kids.
Last week she was sitting on the couch and fell over. (Daddy had left her to go to the potty. )
She could not get up. Made her mad... the rest of the day. She wants to walk sooo bad.

she is seeing a speciallist this week. I think she will need splints or surgery on her legs. Due the the back calf muscules not keeping up with her front ones.

I just received my test results last week, for the sleep study.
I was diagnosed with a very mild case of it.
The family dr. did say I could have the machine...But he did not think my was bad enough to put up with the machine everynight.

OH! I started a part time job last week.
I am serving dinner to the Patients at a Assisted home for the aged. It has been interesting. But it is letting me do something for someone else... that needs help. They are so lonely. I have been trying to make them all have a smile on their face.
The confused patients are the hardest for me. They don't understand why they are there... or who we are.

here is pic of my daughter in law and grand daughter at the Cleveland Zoo's Rain forest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1747.jpg (41.0 KB, 12 views)
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #295  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Morning everyone!!! I am so not ready to be at work today. Everything is the way I left it! LOL Well I had a pretty busy weekend. I shampooed the carpets at the townhome, then worked out,but wasn't eating as well. I pretty much gave into indulging. I was faithful at working out, but eating was not as up to par as I would of wanted, I kept within calorie range except for 1 and half ok 2 days or so. Like I said if dieting was meant to be perfect we would be walking around in bikinis! LOL Well I stepped on the scale today, and it's still the same, so it looks like I maintained! (Hoping!) So I'm back on the wagon today!

LittleRed- Hello again!! Sorry to hear about your health troubles. I'm glad you don't have to use the CPAT machine every night. I'm also glad to hear that you got a job at an Assisted Living unit. I work in one as well. There is truly never a dull moment is there? I just leave my scale in another bathroom instead my own, to avoid weighing everyday.

GrammyL- Awww, so sorry to hear that DGS is sick. I don't have kids myself, but I could imagine how hard it must be to see that. Though the trip to the zoo sounded like fun, except for the "curfew." I always hated that too, when we used to go out and you're looking forward an alld day of fun, but it has to be cut short. And about your DD. I'm pretty speechless!

Zenor- Welcome Back!

Carrie- I'll be crossing my fingers that your DH gets the other job, so that you guys can have nice weekends together!!! Looks like alot of us are going to be dusting off the crumbs and hopping back on the wagon!

Mary- I figured as much with Shrek that it wouldn't be as strong as the last two. Though with movies and their trilogys it's either a hit or miss. Though I do want to see Pirates, since we watched both over the weekend at home. It has peaked my interest, well Johnny Depp has! LOL

Well back to work....here's to hopping back on the wagon!! We can do it girls!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

I've been away a bit. Coming back because having to report kept me accountable to calorie counting.

All is well. Still losing the fat, gaining the muscle. Running my races. And I quit smoking!

Two months, 9 minutes and 6 seconds. 1220 cigarettes not smoked, saving $366.04. Life saved: 4 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Diva
glad to see you back! its been a while.
How have you been?
You have been busy!
to quit smoking and keep off the weight!
Congrats!!!

Last edited by littlered; 05-29-2007 at 01:52 PM.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #298  

Lara Wow that had to be some surprise when your dd told you. Hopefully he will realize that he has to have a job now that he has 2 little ones to take care of. And the zoo...well that sounds like a lot of fun.

Carrie I would hate if my husband had to work every weekend and holidays. Mine use to drive truck so we would never know for sure if he was going to be home, but now luckily he is a machinst so he has a set time and day. Hopefully your dh will get that other job. Is that the one that he went down to NC for the interview? Do you have family down there? That is one place that I really want to move to.

Tinky Oh yah Johnny looks just as good in "At the world's end". Plus a couple of shots he has his top off.... Oh were was I, lol. He doesn't have the chisled look...but well it's still all good.

Diva Welcome back!!! Congrats on the 2 months of no smoking!! Have you ran any more races??

Well my calories today were ok. Not the greatest but ok. I have to make a chocolate cake for my son's end of the year picnic tonight, so after that I will workout a little I think. Tomorrow is suppose to be his last day, but because of him having some bad days we are going to keep him home tomorrow. But his picnic is at 5:30 at the same park that my daughter's softball game is, so we have to make a appearance, plus I already said that I would make the cake.
Mary
Old 05-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #299  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hi everyone!

We spent the weekend at the beach and took the laptop so I could record my Fitday. LOL I did okay. Its a good thing my TOPS weigh-in was canceled for the holiday because I would have maintained or had a small gain.

I need to bring it down to the lower end of my range this week.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Calories today~ 1585
Fiber~ 52

Calories are high because I had to have a glass of wine. It's been a whirl wind today. Dh just found out that his contract is not being renewed. So after August he's out of a job. It was completely out of the blue and I'm totally livid! I think it's because he stands up for himself and his co-workers (they were trying to unionize.) He could fight it (retribution isn't legal), but you have to be able to prove it. Plus, finding a new job in his field might be impossible if he was in battle with them. I'm sure everything will work out and he'll find something, but it's still a bit of a shock.

Lara~ WOW! Your dd sure surprised you all didn't she? I hope this gets her to get her life back on track. How's your dgs doing? Is he better? Poor guy! Fevers are no fun and they sure frighten the heck out of me (when children have them.)

Theresa~ I'm glad to hear that the apnea isn't too severe! I hope the job continues to go well for you, it sounds like something you'll enjoy (isn't it the best when you can make someone smile.)

Diva~ Welcome back! Quiting smoking is a wonderful accomplishment! Great job! I love how your signature highlights how much money you've saved, that was a big factor when I quit a few years ago.

Well, I'm exhausted. Goodnight everyone! I'll catch up on more posts tomorrow.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote