Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Calorie Counters Chat~May 2007

Hi everyone! I've never started up one of these before, but since it is May now I figured we should start a new one.

So far so good today. If I stay on track I should be under 1400 calories for the day with 46 grams of fiber.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #2  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone. Ooh nice a May thread! I was going to post this on the April one, but thanks for putting this one up Zenor. Thanks for the wonderful Welcome!! I feel “at home” already! It’s nice to know that there are others out there who are like me. My co-workers think I’m funny about counting calories, but they will be shocked that it’s working! LOL!
Well I guess I can tell you all a little about myself. I’m 25, and I work as an Activities Director for the elderly population. I just moved up to Seattle, from California in April 2005. I came up here to be with my love. He’s a wonderful and caring person. Though I’ve gained some comfort pounds along with my “baggage” since moving here. It must be his cooking! LOL I plan on finishing school, and obtaining my Nursing degree. It’s in my blood. My mom was a nurse for 20+ years! She also is my inspiration for weight loss, she has kept her size 4-6 figure for 35+ years. We don’t have any children yet, but are planning on that later. But we do have a wonderful 8 month old Pug! She’s like our little baby. (for now). Well I guess that’s all. Don’t hesitate to ask any me anything. Have a wonderful day everyone. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I haven't been coming and posting on the calorie counters for some time--I've just been too busy!! But, I'm doing okay although I'd like to be doing a lot better! I really need to recommit, but the motivation is lacking for some reason. I imagine that once June gets here I'll be able to get going a lot easier--things will slow down immensely then! But for now, here's how I've been doing:
Monday--1258 calories
fat 30%
carb 47%
protein 23%
fiber 21 grams
Tuesday--1799 caloires
fat 35%
carb 35%
protein 19%
alcohol 11%
fiber 17 grams
Wednesday--1657 calories
fat 26%
carb 48%
protein 26%
fiber 30 grams

I really need to fix this....decrease fat to 20% or less, increase protein to 30% or more and up that fiber and stay away from the wine. I'm going to work on this for the next few days and I'll check back to let you know how I've been doing (it's one way to keep myself accountable!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #4  

Tinky~ Aren't fur babies the best! We have an 8 month old chihuahua/terrier mix (he just hit the 10lb mark.)

I never told my co-workers what I was doing (mostly men) and none of them noticed until I had lost 30lbs! I think calorie counting is the best, your co-workers maybe surprised that it works, but it sure has worked for me. You're doing great! I was jumping up and down when I got under the 200 mark. Keep up the good work!

Alinell~ I'm dealing with the wine weakness too! I'm pouring for the winery at an event this weekend and I'm a bit concerned on how I'll do. We get glasses and can go out and taste ourselves. I usually try and spit (yes, ewww...) at work to limit calorie absorption, but they don't always have buckets at these events. Hopefully all the walking around and standing (while pouring) will help burn off some of the wine.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi,
Happy may 2nd. Thanks for starting the new thread Zenor

Here is my average for the month of April.

Cal: 1464
Fat 26%
Carbs: 47%
Fiber: 38
Protein: 27%

I started the month at 179 pounds. I am at 171 now.
8 healthy pounds.
Add 2 meds That I am done with this month also!

So this is probably the healthiest I have been in 5 yrs.

I hope everyone else did well too.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
I never told my co-workers what I was doing (mostly men) and none of them noticed until I had lost 30lbs! I think calorie counting is the best, your co-workers maybe surprised that it works, but it sure has worked for me. You're doing great! I was jumping up and down when I got under the 200 mark. Keep up the good work!
Yeah! Zenor. Down 30 pounds! I bet those guys at work are checking out their coworker!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #7  

Littlered~ We must have posted at the same time. Congratulations on the 8lb loss! That is great! Getting off the meds is wonderful too! It's such a free-ing feeling isn't it?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
Yeah! Zenor. Down 30 pounds! I bet those guys at work are checking out their coworker!
Thank you! Actually 40 now! It's so weird to think of it that way since I still feel I have a ways to go. But, yeah, the guys I work with are a little clueless. I seriously think that a few of them haven't noticed yet, but I'm not doing it for them so it doesn't matter.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #9  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default HI all

Hi I'd like to jump in here too if I may. I'm 30 almost 31, mother of 3 (ages
11, 6, 3 1/2). I tried fat smash and south beach both. I made it about 2 weeks on each and the restriction killed me. I can't stand to be told "you can't have this or that". So I started calorie counting. It worked for me a few years ago and I lost about 20lbs. I've regained it and more but that's what happens when you start eating everything in sight to the point you feel bloated . Right now I am just tracking calories and fat (not protein and carbs and such) because I don't want to become overwhelmed with numbers right out of the gate. I'm doing 1500 calories a day and have been on track everyday this week so far. I've also been at the gym 5 days a week for the last 2 weeks. Each week I do 3 days of circuit training with 30 min of cardio, 1 day of power yoga with swimming and the other day is 60 min of cardio. I am on track and hoping to stay there. (with a little support ) Anyway ttyl I gotta clean the house and make dinner.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshawn View Post
I can't stand to be told "you can't have this or that".
Amen to that!!!! It's what killed every "diet" I tried!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #11  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Zenor- I love my fur baby. My DF and I are looking to add another puppy to our family. Sometimes I think our puggy gets lonely! Though that could just be me. But it would be fun. Jade is about 17 lbs. But she looks small. Congratulations on your loss! I would love nothing more than to be under 190! 204 was my highest, and I don't intend on going back there! LOL

Theresa- Congratulations on your 8 lb loss!!!!

Timmyshawn- Hey good to see you over here!!! I know what you mean by the Fat Smash! It was ok, but I am getting bored. I'm going to do what I feel confident most in and that's calorie counting!!

ALL: Boy isn't it the truth that men don't notice a thing! I lost so far 8 lbs and my male co-worker was like I don't see nothing. Though my female co-workers keep asking me my "secret." LOL
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Amen to that!!!! It's what killed every "diet" I tried!!!

Hi,
I agree too.
Don't tell me I have to eat from a list of foods. What if I don't like that food.

for me it is all in my head. I just don't like to told what I have to eat.
The calorie counting works. All you have to do to know that is hang out here. There are some really Big winners (losers )
Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Tinky009 and Heather!

I really like calorie counting too. If I had to stick to a strict diet, I know I wouldn't. At least when you count calories you can have some of the good stuff every now and then. I try to eat healthy most of the time but an occasional treat actually seems to keep me on track most of the time . I try to keep it at 1200 - 1400 calories a day and 40 or under grams of fat. That's all I really count because as someone else said, it's just too much for me to keep up with

Stick around here and read and post. There's a lot of inspiration here and the best support I've found
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #14  

Hey all! Zenor, thanks for starting the May thread!

Tinky - I hope you continue to shock your co-workers. For me, calorie counting makes common sense to me. It also appeals to my anal size.

allinell - I love wine too. I try to enjoy my red wine from a tasting glass (like from a festival). It looks like I have a lot more than when you put the same amount in a red wine glass. I take very small sips, trying to savor each bit. Restricting my intake (for calories and nursing babies) has made me thinner AND more appreciative of my few-and-far-between glass.

Theresa - "So this is probably the healthiest I have been in 5 yrs." That is so awesome!!!! I can't wait to feel the same way. And 8 pounds is an awesome monthly loss, way to go!

timmyshawn - You're exactly right. I had tried Fat Smashers but I didn't like the restriction. I felt like "hey, I know what I should be eating, I don't need you telling me that" and couldn't stop cheating. I'm like a toddler - tell me what to do and I will not do it just because you said so. Very counter-suggestive. Now, I don't cheat anything because I'm always accountable to myself (logging those cals!). If I don't eat healthy one day, I pay for it by feeling bad, physically and mentally.

All - I think men must be more afraid to ask. If you haven't lost weight, then they know they're in big trouble! My husband didn't say anything until I cornered him over it. I asked him, "Can you tell I've lost any weight?" He stammered, and started looking for the nearest exit....."You look great" he says. "Can't you tell how much my little tummy scar pooch has gone down?" "Sure, I guess, could you hand me a diaper?"
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #15  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Thanks for starting this new thread Zenor.

I had 1546 calories today. I already closed my fitday window and I don't remember my fiber or other percentages, but I had a lot of veggies today so I'm sure that they were good.

I am down 2.2 pounds this week! I'm getting closer to my Memorial Day goal. I can almost taste it. I can't wait (weight) to say goodbye to the 200s.

Re: men not noticing weight loss - So far I haven't had any men or women comment on my weight loss. I had one person ask me if I got new glasses, but that isn't quite the same.

Tinky and timmyshawn

Theresa - your numbers are impressive and getting rid of 2 medications is even more impressive. Keep it up!
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote