Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #226  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Lara I have seen alot of my friends go down the line your DD is and the only way is going to learn is if she doesn't have you to fall back on. As far as her friend...well it's werid the way that works. Sometimes you can't see what is blantly in your face. Maybe your DD is feeling sorry for the other child and wants to see it live a better life. I live very close to Saginaw and worked in Saginaw for a couple of years and I know all about how the one side of town is and the other side is becoming. I know that it is hard for you to stand by but sometimes you have to let them fall. I have had my own money problems and my mom and dad have helped me out greatly and still do on some things. But I would not expect them to do it all the time. Good luck to you and to your daughter!!

Thanks for all the congrats everyone!! Much appreciated. My calories today were good. I doubt I will get any exercise in. It's already almost 8:30 and well I am pooped!! LOL A long day of doing nothing at work!! Who would have thought that would make someone so tired...Well till tomorrow my friends..
Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #227  

Lara - I feel for you and your family. I can't understand exactly what you're going through right now, but I can imagine how I would feel if I were you. I hope that you and your daughter and grandson can get through this very soon.
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~ 1503
Fiber~ 50 grams

So I picked up some Virgil's Diet Cream Soda today. It sounded so good (haven't had a soda in 6 months), it's sweetened with stevia and xylitol and only 6 calories. Which is great because I shun artificially sweetened stuff. I have to say though, BIG disappointment. It was pretty gross. I don't know if it was the natural sweeteners or the fact that it had supplemental herbs in it? I guess no soda for me. YUCK!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, boy it's been busy around here! Conrats to everyone on their NSV's and weight losses!!!!! WTG!!!

Question: do any of you think the staggering calorie theory is a sound one? I read the Wendie post and found it interesting. Anyone try it? doing it? results?

Tinky- Glad you got a good report! I've been putting off that doctor visit, bad me!

Lara- It sounds like you need to let your daughter make her own mistakes. (I know, easy for me to say) I understand how hard it would be to sit by and watch it occur, but maybe that's the only way she'll learn! Your daughter is very fortunate to have such a caring mom, too bad she's either taking advantage of that or is just not able to make good decisions right now. I can't imagine going through what your family is at the moment. I hope things get better asap!

I've been struggling a bit this week. I love to read about everyones struggles & victories....keeps me inspired & motivated!
Here's a little for us who are struggling!
Luc's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc's mom View Post
Question: do any of you think the staggering calorie theory is a sound one? I read the Wendie post and found it interesting. Anyone try it? doing it? results?
I've always thought that it sounded like it would work as long as your weekly calories evened out to about the same as having a set daily calorie goal.

I've never tried it though, because it seems like it would be more work to me. I'm kind of in pilot mode these days. I know approx how many calories I aim for at each meal and snack, so I think zig-zagging calories would require more planning (which I don't want to do.) But that's what works for me personally, I say try it! Why not?

RockNRoll~ I meant to comment earlier! Sorry! I wanted to say thanks for having such a great attitude! I was so worried I'd offend. Thank you for understanding that it was just concern (I'm a bit of a momma hen~even without kids .) How was the exercise today?
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Breakfast: Morning Star chik patty and 2 slices ww light bread
Morning snack: 1 Laughing Cow, 2 tablespoons hummus on light wasa wafers, 1/2 banana
Lunch: 3 Cheese stuffed rigatoni (LeanCuisine), Lettuce Salad w/Newmans Light Honey Mustard Dressing (1 Tablespoon), 2 sugar free jello cups
Afternoon Snack: 1 Laughing Cow, 2 tablespoons hummus on light wasa wafers, 1/2 banana
Dinner: 1 cup chili, 1 cup potatoes, 1/4 c FF cheese, 1 WW Chocolate Dessert (was high but planned on being active and figured I could afford the calories)
Evening Snack: 2 sugar free jello cups and 2 tablespoons cool whip (think its FF/Sugar free)

Calories: 1469 (rough estimate becuase of chili but figured high)

I drove my pony last night and then took him for a short walk to cool down. Brushed all the horses, cleaned the horse tank, hauled feed and did my upper body sculpting. Yesterday morning I took the dog before feeding the horses and went for a 20 minute walk doing department errands.

My horses did wonderful therapy on my stress levels last night. I am calmed down for now about the situation with DD. I have let her be because I now this girl will double cross DD soon or DD will just get sick of her, one of the two. They never get along for to long and at least they are here on our turf and not the other way around. It was hard to keep and eye on DGS when she was in Saginaw, 90 min. one way from where I live, and no perminent residence. I made the trip two to three times a week to make sure DGS was alright. So, there is a bright side but I still see no need to help her financially while this girl is here because she is a blood sucker, her own Mom will have nothing to do with her.

Beautiful day here today. I took my dog for a walk this morning, the other wouldn't get out of bed, racked up some dried law clippings for the horses and fed them, did my lower body sculpting. WHOHOO! Feeling good about things.

YDD and I are trying to convince DH to take us to the zoo this weekend. He wants to finish our living room but maybe we can get him to go yet. I need to get away and I can't wait to see DGS's face when he see all the animals this year. Sunday he got to ride in front of me on my horse while DH led us. He loved it. Saturday I took him out in the pony cart and he sat on my lap. He held the reins in front of my hands like he was driving. He really enjoyed that also but not nearly as much as Grammy. I also led him around on the pony while DD held him on and he was just a jabbering. I am so glad that I got the pony now.

Well I better get going and get some work done. I have been a little on the lazy side lately. I will check back soon. Enjoying this slow time.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 AM   #232  

Petra ~ I find that slow days at work can lead to feeling very tired. I now get up and move on purpose on those days to prevent it. I say that my blood doesn't move as fast if I am just sitting around which means less energy. HEHEHE! Yes, the section my DD chose to live was the worst part. Many a times she had to dodge bullets. I don't mind helping her as long as she is willing to help herself. My parents rarely were able to help us out and because of that DH and I are over generous and also want to make DGS is taken care of.

Carrie ~ I am thankful that you don't know what I am going thru. Shoot, I wish I didn't have to go thru it either. They say God will never give you a burden to heavy and so far in life he hasn't. I have come close to crashing but usually only one girl at a time acts up.

Zenor ~ I tried that stevia before and I can get past the taste of it. I ended up throwing the box out. I don't think I would have like the taste of it either because I don't like herby tasting stuff, I am working on that. We grew up with spices being salt, pepper and garlic. HAHAHAH! My parents are just starting to use other things but it never allowed me to appreciate the different flavors of the world.

Luc's Mom ~ I think staggering the calories would probably work as long as you stay within a range. My calories are naturally staggered depending on what I chose to eat. I usually run right around 1400 but on the weekends its usually 1800-2000. I know that is really high on the weekends but we eat out a lot but we are also more active on the weekends.

I wanted to hug my scale this morning. I am close to being able to move my avi. I haven't gotten to do that in a while and I am more than ready to do it. Of course, TOM is next week so I have to do it this week. The presssure. HAHAHAHA!

I just realized we have to Mary's. I am so oblivious to things, why didn't someone say, WACK UP LARA? HAHAHA! Sorry Petra and Luc's Mom, probably had you two confused.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #233  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Morning everyone! Well I'm so happy to report that I have a 2lb loss!! LOL....DF changed the batteries in our digital scale, so last week it was at 195....and so we did the whole dumbell thing and it came out to 10 lbs on the nose! LOL I guess batteries make a difference.

Zenor-
Thank you for posting about the Virgil's cream soda....I was going to try it myself, but I really don't care for Stevia, it has such a taste, that I can't really tolerate it. LOL

Luc'smom- LOL I know what you mean by putting it off, I put if off for about 4 months. They keep sending these little pretty notices, so I figured they want to really see me. The funny part was that DF used to work with her. So we were talking about him during the whole time!

GrammyL- Aren't pets the best therapy?? I love coming home to my Puggy. She's always crazy excited to see me. Oooh the Zoo, sounds like fun. I love the zoo too, I could go every weekend if I had it my way.

Well have a great day everyone. I'll be back later.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 AM   #234  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Hi everyone! I've been MIA. We had to go out of town for a wedding and I've been sick with a nasty sinus thing. I'm finally feeling better.

I stayed on track the whole time I was out of town, mostly because I did not feel hungry because I was sick, but hey, it still counts.

The good news is I am down two pounds this week. I have 1.8 pounds to loose to make it to my Memorial Day goal. I'm so close that I can feel it.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #235  

G'morning! I hopped on the scale today; not my weigh in day but I was so bummed that I didn't lose last weigh in (Saturdays). Scale is finally moving down! Woohoo! Not going to move my slider until this weekend, don't want to jinx myself.
Last night I picked up a thin crust pizza from Pizza Hut, went to the beach/park with the kids and had a little picnic and went for a walk on the beach. That was a nice break from the norm, no cooking! BTW, since I have kids/ teens who still demand their pizza treat, I did some research and found Pizza Hut offers light cheese/ sauce, combined with low cal toppings (ie: ham, mushroom, peppers, tomatoes, pineapple), just ask for it (on thin crust) Comes in under 200 per slice- 1/8 large. Add a salad/ green vege of choice.
As for the zig zagging of calories, I think I'll give it a whirl. Although I've probably have been doing this, need to analize my numbers. I'll let you all know how it works out.

Lara- don't worry about the 'two Marys' postings- we figured it out. LOL
Animals can be so calming, they're good for the soul. Glad you are feeling better and are taking good care of you! The zoo sounds like tons of fun! I should plan a trip this month with my kids. I just hate driving into Detroit w/out my DH. What zoo do you plan on going to?

Zenor- you had posted a Kimchi soup recipe- sounds so good. I have a jar of the stuff in my fridge right now. There was a time (about 17 years ago)when my hubby and I ate chicken, rice or ramen, greens and kimchi at least 5 days a week! We were poor, ( & skinny back then ) but we treated ourselves to Kimchi. We lived by military post, lots of Koreans living there, so we got the good stuff! My family turns up their noses at it, 'good stuff?!' LOL

I better kick my day into high gear. Heading to the pool today!
Hope you all have a great one!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #236  

Lovemyboy- Welcome back! Congrats on the weight loss! WTG!!!! Your memorial day goal: you can do it!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #237  

Tiny ~ WHOHOO! Shake that booty girl. Congrats on the 2 lbs. Yes, I love all the animals and its a distraction. It gets me to shut up and instead of vent, make sense of situations. I know its odd but I always look as problem as there is a reason behind it and its all part of Gods big picture. May not make sense at the moment but its all the big picture of life. Why didn't I get a contract when I was born that said I wouldn't have these bumps? HAHAHAHA!

One that I do when life feels like its to much is remind myself of all the blessings. Something popped in my head last night about my pony and I realized he was a special gift from above. Not often you find one like him, looks, elegance, well trained and just a joy to be around. The little brat tried to bite me in the boob last night when I was trying to put his bridle on. I thought, no he didn't just do that and I looked down and there was grass stain on my shirt and I responded with a poop on the nose. It all happened in a split second. Amazing how fast he brain can process something and respond. Thank goodness all he got was my shirt.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #238  

Tinky- WTG!
I am so past due for my check-up that the insurance company is sending me reminders, ya know, they really do care about my health!
I think the last time, they said if I had my exam before such & such a date, I would be entered in a lottery for something....what was it....flat screen tv....money.....a tube of KY? hehe
i have a heavy duty scale, but thinking about getting a digital one, ya know so I can see the ounces lost as well. Maybe that would keep my chin up on the 'off' weeks'.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #239  

Luc's Mom ~ I thought they said they were closing the Detroit Zoo? I see its still up and running. Do you know what happened that they decided to stay open? We go to several but for short trips we go the Potter's Park Zoo in Lansing. I image that would be where we would head this weekend because of it being a holiday. We also go to the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids and Binders Zoo in Battle Creek. The Battle Creek trip this year we are planning to stay over night. It is a long drive and we are not willing to do it again and DGS is to active now. We have a Zoo membership with Binders Zoo that allows us to get in free and the other Zoo's at a reduced rate. Used to be free for all Zoo's but they changed it this year. Binders is our fav. We started doing what we call the "Zoo Tour" last year. We tried to get to as many zoo's in Michigan as we could. It was fun.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #240  

Lovemyboy ~ You can do it! Welcome back and that was fantastic that you didn't gain on your vacation but not good that you didn't feel well. on the loss.

Luc's Mom ~ Sometimes the 1/10 of a pound can keep your chin up but like the other scales it can be disappointing also. I have a digital that does the 10th and I can watch it steadily go down during the week and then boom, the weekend I can watch it go up. For some reason the last few weekends are not so bad but it also helps keep me on track and is a good remind that a little cheating can cause big damage at times.

Last edited by GrammyL; 05-22-2007 at 11:34 AM.