Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #136  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Happy Mother's Day all! I'm sorry to hear that some of ya'll aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon! TOM is here so I'm bloated and tired but I did get the grocery shopping done so I'm ready for the week. I will get back on plan and am actually looking forward to it! Congrats on the losses! Hopefully I can join ya'll soon . Well I'm off to get the kids ready for baths and bed. Take care all, I'll check back in tomorrow.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #137  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone!!! Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on the board. Today and everyday should be your day!!!

Ok lesson learned....no more yucky food. I was doing very well for the last week and half or so...and then this weekend yikes, I didn't eat too much, but the food I ate did not sit well with my stomach so I sit here typing and feeling yucky all around! LOL I told my DF that I will no longer eat with the guys! It's just too much for me. So....off to drink so green tea . I'll be back tomorrow!!! Have a great one! Does anyone here eat the Activia yogurt?? It was on sale and I decided to try it. Not too bad...for 70 cals!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #138  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Happy Mother's Day all of you who are Mothers!

The past few days I have stayed on plan and within my calorie range. I have been walking/jogging three days a week. My goal is to get to mostly jogging. I feel like a turtle because I am so slow, but I'm sticking to it. I decided to add in another day of exercise (rowing machine) this week for a total of 4 days a week. Little by little, right?

I've noticed a pattern with my weight loss. It seems like two weeks of a 1.5 - 2 pound loss in a row and then two weeks of .5 - .8 pound losses. I am on a low week this week so the extra exercise probably won't show up just yet, but I'm still going to do it.

Lucs Mom & Natalia - Hope you feel better soon.

Zenor - Glad your party went well. I too am a sucker for the fancy cheeses. Your pic is lovely too BTW.

DesDiamondS -

Mary - Congrats on breaking through the plateau!

timmy - Hope the stomach bug is gone from your house. Yuck!

Theresa - Thanks for the mothers day greeting.

Coolmom - Please share the details about the sling you have that can hold up to 60 lbs. I have a 42 pound boy that I used to sling in a maya wrap under the age of 2 but I never found something I liked that would hold him comfortably for me and him after that.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #139  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Well today I still had the "gut rot" lol so here's the menu:

Breakie: 1 pc ww toast, 3oz cottage cheese, 1 pear
snack: 1 orange
Lunch: 1 can tuna, 1T lite mayonnaise
snack- decaf coffee only
supper- protein shake
snack- orange

Still couldnt deal with "meat" lol so I just had a chocoalte protein shake for supper, my consultant is going to beat me..lol
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #140  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Ok guys here's a question for ya. I picked up the new issue of Prevention Guide. It was a special weight loss issue with a walk fit guide. Now in this thing it has a "how many calories can you have" section in which it tells you how to calculate your bodies caloric needs. Here's the process:

A- Your Weight in pounds

B-Multiply by 11 to get your basic caloric needs (how much your body burns just by existing)

C-Multiply B by 1.6 to estimate your resting metabolic rate (rate of calories you burn when you factor in your daily activities)
This will be your first number....now onto the second part

D-Multiply the number of min. per week that you walk, run, cycle, or play sports by 8

E-If you're doing 2 sets of strength training per workout add 600 to your answer from D. If you're doing 3 sets add 840 to your answer from D

F-Divide by 7
Now on to the third part...

G-Add C to F to get your daily caloric needs.

I came up with 3713.6 calories for my daily needs (without any exercise). Which would mean that I could eat 2700 calories a day and still lose 2 lbs. a week! This just doesn't seem right to me at all! What do ya'll think of this? I mean I don't want to take my calories too low but I also don't think they should be that high should they?

Last edited by timmyshawn; 05-13-2007 at 11:43 PM. Reason: spelling error
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:58 PM   #141  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboy View Post
Happy Mother's Day all of you who are Mothers!

The past few days I have stayed on plan and within my calorie range. I have been walking/jogging three days a week. My goal is to get to mostly jogging. I feel like a turtle because I am so slow, but I'm sticking to it. I decided to add in another day of exercise (rowing machine) this week for a total of 4 days a week. Little by little, right?

I've noticed a pattern with my weight loss. It seems like two weeks of a 1.5 - 2 pound loss in a row and then two weeks of .5 - .8 pound losses. I am on a low week this week so the extra exercise probably won't show up just yet, but I'm still going to do it.

Lucs Mom & Natalia - Hope you feel better soon.

Zenor - Glad your party went well. I too am a sucker for the fancy cheeses. Your pic is lovely too BTW.

DesDiamondS -

Mary - Congrats on breaking through the plateau!

timmy - Hope the stomach bug is gone from your house. Yuck!

Theresa - Thanks for the mothers day greeting.

Coolmom - Please share the details about the sling you have that can hold up to 60 lbs. I have a 42 pound boy that I used to sling in a maya wrap under the age of 2 but I never found something I liked that would hold him comfortably for me and him after that.
Lovemyboy, the child carrier is http://ergobabycarrier.com/. Its not cheap, but we took a risk and bought two a few years ago and have not regretted it one bit. So worth it.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:17 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today (even after the dinner party)~ 1628
Fiber~ 34g
Sodium~ 2652mg

One of the friends we had over tonight brought her (almost 2yr old) son with her. Guess what? The puppy growled at him all night. He was so scared of him (the puppy was scared of the little boy.) We had to crate him just so we could eat in peace. Poor pup! Now, this concerns me since we want to have kids in a few years. Has anyone had any luck with socializing a dog with children? We haven't done any training with him yet (other than house training), but we're planning on taking him to classes next month. I don't know why, but this worries me.

Timmyshawn~ Metabolisms are different from person to person (at least I'd assume they are.) That calculation seems high to me. Even if I did it by my goal weight it says I should be eating 2742 calories (so I guess 1750-ish for loss.) I eat around 1500, so I guess it isn't too far off for me, but from what I've seen on 3fc I eat more than most. So, I think it's more of an individual thing. How can they give us an accurate method when everyone is a little different? As long as you aren't losing more than 2lbs per week then you are probably in a good calorie range. At least that's what I've been told.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's day!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #143  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Old Gang of Mine!
I had a few extra minutues this morning and decided to check in to see how everyone is doing. Geeeeeeeeeez, where is everyone? I only recognized a few names. I see the thread is moving at a really fast rate as usual. I'm so glad to see the names I do recognize still hanging in there! Hope all you mom's had a great day yesterday, our Church had the great grandmothers stand up, then the grandmothers, then the mom's stand up and the children of the church passed out Red Carnations to all the mom's. I felt bad for those married ladies that didn't have children/wanted children/couldn't have children. "Dear Abby" told a story about a lady that wouldn't stand up in church that had children, she was protesting this fact. I think they should have all the married women stand up, even those that don't have children, sometimes our spouses act like children. O.K. I'll get off my soap box
Have a great day, Hi all you newbies!
Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good Morning Girls

I had my weigh in for the Challenge.
I did ok. No gains this week end.
My total loss for the challenge was 12 pounds.

I know that many of you have lost more pounds in a 10 week period. but to be honest, I am still happy.
Its still 12 pounds I plan to NEVER SEE AGAIN

I know for fact that others will loose more on this challenge at curves.
I did the high protien diet from curves 1 week. I did not like it. Not enough veggies or fruits for me. Fiber.

A lot of the women on the challenge do the High protein diet. One has been doing it so long... She is loosing her hair. She did loose a large amount of weight too. At what cost?

I am not dieting. I am changing the way I eat!
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day! Mine was interesting to say the least. All started out well and we took my Mom to breakfast. Then about 2:00 I got a phone call to come pick up my DGS because DD was going to jail for domestic violence. Come to find out her boyfriend was smacking his dog up because she growled at a child and my DD stepped in and he shoved her down and she came up swinging. He then called the cops on her. What a Mothers day present. I have been working on the details this morning to get her out because I don't know what the heck I am doing. I have never had to deal with anything like this. I feel so bad for my DGS having to go thru this but she always seems to be getting herself in pickles like this just not going to jail.

Sat. Cal. 1653 and Sunday 2086. I realize both were high but I decided to relax a little on Saturday and then Sunday just wasn't a good day. I was active all weekend and some how managed to maintain my weight which rarely happens over the weekend. Hopefully that means I will have a loss this week.

I am going back to read posts and will post along the way. I get timed out so easily I just find it easier to post as I read.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #146  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Zenor- We take our puppies to Petsmart/Petco to socialize since there are so many different people, and to the park so that they get used to hearing little kids play. We also take them to monthly dog meet ups, or when we have time, to the dog park. There are dogs, and kids there. Try that first. Don't worry. Good Luck.

GrammyL-
I'm sorry about what happened yesterday! I hope it gets straightened out. I'm sure I went over board yesterday too, hence why I don't feel too good. LOL

LittleRed-
Way to go!!! That's awesome!!

Bobbi-
Thanks for the welcome.

Lovemyboy- Take it little by little and you will jogging in no time. It's hard to get your body to do more of something, especially if it wasn't used to doin that before. Good Luck to you!

Timmyshawn- I also think the caloric intake (according to Prevention) is high.
That looks like a number that another site told me to eat to maintain my weight at 2700 calories.

Well gotta run....talk to all later.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #147  

Tinky~ Thanks for the suggestions! We were planning on starting the training classes at Petsmart soon (they are the most resonable price around here.) We've got a couple years before we want to start a family, so there is time.

Grammy~ I'm sorry your Mother's Day didn't go as planned! I hope you can get everything straightened out for your DD.

Littlered~ AWESOME!!!!! I wouldn't worry about others losing a little faster. Slow and steady wins the race! I know that's a cheesey statement, but I think it's very true for weight loss.

The woman at Curves who is losing her hair, is she still continuing her high protein diet? I would freak out if my hair started falling out! You would think that she'd realize that if her hair is falling out then the rest of her body is probably not doing so well on this diet.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #148  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,
My mothers day was good. Calories were good. We mowed the lawn in the morning and got it all done with about 15 mins before the race so I was happy. It only took like 3 hours. We have about 5 acres to mow after the house, barns and drive way are taken out of it. DH and I each got our own rider. If I had a push mower I would probably still be out there. But I would have alot of exercise in!! LOL

Today well is not going very good. My daughter got sick this morning before school so I am at home with here today. And well my son got those mini powdered donuts and I finished them off with a glass of chocolate milk. So I won't be eating agin until dinner. Way too many calories in those 6 donuts. I am going to get on my gazelle for a little bit this afternoon and try to work off those calories.

Today is my official weigh in day (even though I weigh every morning) and I am official 146!!! YAH!!! I want to say CONGRATS to everyone else that has loses, also.

Zenor Even though you aren't planning on having kids for a couple of years you might want to get the puppy use to kids as much as possible that way when the time comes you won't be regretting that you didn't do it when he was younger.

LittleRed I think that if it was me loosing my hair on the high protein I would be changing that up. I want to be fit but I also want all my hair. Congrats on the weight being gone forever!!!

GrammyL Good luck with the trouble your daughter is in. I am kinda surprised that they both didn't go, since he could go for domestic violence and animal abuse. I hope it all works out for her and you. Don't let it get you down!!! Stay on plan!!

Well I will chat with you all later!!
Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Tiny ~ My pony is bigger than a mini, he is 48 inches at the shoulders. Mini’s are cute and I have always wanted one but you have to really look to find one that doesn’t have a BIG attitude. Same is true for most ponies and mine wasn’t an exception when I first bought him. He still tries to nip on occasion.

Theresa ~ Sure hope it is good news today at your weigh in. I know it will be.

Heather ~ How are your kids doing. WOW, that tummy thing sounds horrible. I sure hope they are better by now.

Natalie ~ That sounds horrible. I hope it is over soon and you are feeling better.

Zenor ~ We have two dogs. One is very laid back and he just leaves when DGS goes after him and will grow at him on occasion. The other won’t leave and growls and gives warning nips. DGS is not nice and we are working on teaching him to be that way. I can’t blame the dogs totally and we never leave him unsupervised with either of our little guys. The odd part is the nipper is very protective of DGS and wants to play with him all the time.

Thanks the well wishes. I sure hope it all works out but until my tummy shall be turning and massive confusion in my head. I think I am probably worse off than she is mentally. She was going to plead guilty and I talked to her and told her don’t you dare because that goes on your perminent record. So she is going to tell her story to the judge and the guy is not dropping the charges now because he is worried its going to come back and get him. Well it will probably come back to get him anyway once they hear animal abuse.

That is one of the down falls to those high protein diets. I had a friend that lost lots of hair when she was on one. I have even hear of people losing it from the bariatric surgery. To me that is a sign of malnutrition and I would be worried.

Well I better get going and will talk at you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #150  

Grammy~ You said your DD was pushed by her BF first right? Besides the animal abuse, I would make sure she lets the judge know that she was shoved when she tried to stop him from abusing the dog (that's the way I read your post.) I would call that self-defense.