Old 05-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Zenor,
How terrible for you and your hubby, It is very hard to pick up and start over. It is something most of us has done at least once in the recent yrs. with all of Our factories closing in Ohio, We have been there a few times too.
What is it that your hubby does? One door closes, another one opens.

Tinky
what do you do at the assisted living home? I would not want to be a nurse... I don't know if I could do the Diaper thing. I DO love helping them though. There are 2 patients everyone says are terrible. So far I have made an effort to speak to them. say something nice everyday. They both seem ok to me? Maybe they just want someone to treat them nicely? That or they are having a great week.

Lara,
How is your dgs? I hope all is well and that he is better today. you sound like you are a very strong person, I am glad you can vent here.

You need a place to do that... without recriminations. Vent all you want.

well today is my dd's and my 1 month weigh in... This month has slowed down, but its ok. God will help me get the rest off. and As long as it coming off a little at a time... I will try to be patient.
back later,
have a great day girls
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #302  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Happy Hump Day everyone! Well I had a weird night last night. I had a wonderful workout, and dinner, but I started to feel so down. I felt so down especially as I was looking in the mirror on my way to the shower. I was truly disgusted with the way I looked. I don't know what triggered it because I was on a high after working out, but oh well. I got some good sleep and today is a new day! Ok, I even stepped on the scale this morning, and I couldn't believe the numbers, I had to step out the bathroom and walk back in and step on it again 5 mins later. I won't reveal it yet, as I want to see if it is still the same tomorrow or Friday. LOL ! I liked what I saw, but don't want to be disappointed.

LittleRed- I am an Activities Director and a certified nurse assistant. I tend to carry both duties. It gets pretty hectic as I'm wearing a couple of "hats." I love the rewards of the job though, making people's lives better. Though when I finish up nursing school, and all, I probably won't work at a Retirement Home. It's funny that the two most "terrible" patients turn out to be some nice people, I too have heard that many times, but I would say about 50% of the time it's true. LOL!!!

Zenor- I'm sorry that your DH is going to lose his job. Keep your heads up, opportunity will come knocking at your door in no time!

CoolMom- Hi!! Glad to see you again!

Petra- Thanks I really want to see it even more now!!! I loved Johnny Depp since, 21 Jump Street

Diva- Hi there, Welcome Back! on being smoke free!!! Great job with the lose!!!

GrammyL- How is DGS feeling today? I hope he's better!!

Well have a great day everyone, we're bound for a warm day. 85 Degrees, that is a bit warm for Seattle, but it'll be nice. Top down weather most definitely. (I'm talking about cars here! LOL)
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Theresa~ Dh works in the Theatre. He has an MFA (Master of fine arts) in scenic design. He designs and drafts show sets. He also teaches. This is what upsets me the most I think. He would have more protection at most colleges, but because of how the conservatory is set up he does not. I'm trying to view this as a blessing, because we both wanted out of the area anyway.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #304  

Hey! I am back from my monthly weigh in.
A loss of 6 pounds for the month of May. 167lbs.

Curves weight is 2 pounds more than my actual weight. (With clothes and a small bowl of cereal/ and water. )

and a loss of 4.8 pounds body fat

So far… I am the biggest looser at curves this month!

Yes, that makes me feel better. Sometimes we need that pat on the back. And I for one, have needed it.

Zenor,
I would think living out in Calif. it would be easier to find a job like hubby's. (i hope!) Are you in a large city? that should help too.
Not much of those kind of jobs around here. These small towns like mine do not have anything like that. No theater... No public Transportation, No much of anything. That is the only draw back. We have to go out of town for most things.
Well enough for now.
I will get up and make hubbys dinner and pack his lunch, etc.
later
Old 05-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #305  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

tinky and littlered I'm in healthcare too (nurse) and have tried quite a few different things. It is a busy job and honestly I have always done it for the money. even in college, while everyone was spouting off their reasons for nursing being a love of people and the desire to care for others...I was all about the job flexibility and wage and benefits. Now I'm only working every other weekend and its perfect.

---------------

okay. I am striving for 1500 cals max today. I'm feeling a burst of motivation too. I think I'll also run some stairs for exercise.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #306  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

congrats on the biggest loser at Curves Littlered! I'm always going back and forth on what my current weight is: tops vs home scale. at my weigh-in I wear jeans and my shoes, much to the ladies dismay. but I didn't want to start out stripping and have to do it every time. I figure if I'm "fat" with my shoes on, I'm still going to be fat with my shoes off. LOLOL!!!!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #307  
<33

S/C/G: 283/Ticker!/180

Height: 5' 6

Hi Everyone. I'm new to 3FC, so I'm nice and fresh. :P I lurked for awhile, and I figured I might as well join in. I thought this thread might be a good place to introduce myself.

My name is Charlene, and I'm 17. I need to lose about 90lbs, and I wanna reach my goal by Christmas time. (If I'm really lucky. HA.) My short goal is to be at 240 by August 6th.

Charlene Dahhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Charlene

Join right in. There's lots of good advise and support here

90 lbs. by Christmas sounds like a lot to me, but what do I know . . . I barely lose 2 lbs a month There are a lot of others on here that do lose a lot faster. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction and help you out on the best way to reach your goal.

Again and good luck!

abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #309  
Back to make it to goal!

CoolMom- That's awesome that you're in the health care as well. After much debating and going back and forth, I decided to go back to what I know best and that's nursing. LOL! I plan on going into Trauma Nursing or Labor and Delivery Nursing. I do know what you mean by working only for the money, I feel that way sometimes. It is a burnout career, but also can go in any direction!

Charlene- HELLO!! Good luck with everything! Don't hesitate to ask or vent here. We're here to help and "listen," or in this case read. LOL

My numbers today....

Fat - 19.4% (37 grams)
Protein - 23.7% (101 grams)
Carbohydrates - 57.0% (244 grams)
Alcohol - 0.0%
Other - 0.0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 2,704 mg
Daily Cholesterol Intake - 123 mg
Daily Fiber Intake - 34 grams

at 1630 calories

and my work out was 37 mins of Turbo Jam (kickboxing type workout) and 23 mins of Elliptical.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #310  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

I'm back on after the long weekend. I didn't go anywhere exciting, but rather caught up on all those errands and chores and gardening/yard things that had been neglected. I stayed on plan.

My goal was to be down to 200 by memorial day. Well I started TOM on that day and was down to 200.4 but feeling the bloat. I weighed today and it was down to 199.0 so I'm counting it as I made my goal, but I won't change my ticker until next week's official weigh in.

Today's calories 1503. Fiber 33. 17% fat. 60% carbs. 23% protein.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #311  

Thanks Zoe
I weigh myself before I eat or get dressed in the a.m.
that is the weight on my ticker.
The other does not really count as much to me.
By the time I get weighed in at Curves, I have drank at least 16 oz. water. eaten a bowl of cereal and put on a few more clothes.

Welcome Charlene,
You have found a very smart bunch of people here. everyone will be here for you. There are lots of places on this website to get really good info.

My numbers for today.

Total cal: 1636
Fat: 23%
Carbs: 50%
Fiber: 62
Protein: 104 28%
I am on glass 12 of water. and will probably drink a little more before bed.
Went to curves today, and worked on the elliptical and Ab lounge.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:02 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories today~ 1463
Fiber~ 47 grams

I'm so drained! I will try to catch up on posts tomorrow (or maybe friday.)

Charlene~ Welcome!

Congrats to all the "losers!" Lol.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #313  
Back to make it to goal!

Ok....I'm just going to post this even if it wasn't my official weigh in day, but I lost another 2 lbs!!! I needed a pick me upper. So I'll take it!! LOL!

LittleRed- I weigh myself in the morning too. It's nice too, since your body is basically "empty!"

Well I'll be back later, got a busy day ahead! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Littlered ~ Give your little DGD hugs for me. I sure hope they can do something for her so she can get up and get moving. I know if they do she is going to be a go getter and you all will have fun chasing her. Congrats at being the biggest loser at Curves this month, that is fantastic!

Tinky ~ Why didn’t you come to my office and clean it up. I got here and yes it changed but not for the better. HAHAHAHA! Yep, I have blown it since last Friday but I feel like today is a new day and I will be good even if DH is here. Remember, he triggers my eating.

Diva ~ Welcome back!

Petra ~ WTG on stopping at a little. I have been having a hard time stopping at a little the past few days.

Zenor ~ Sorry about your DH’s contract and I am sure he can find something better. I work at a University and you are so right about them being much safer than being out in the real world.

I have been really bad since last Friday. Most every day I still end up with a small deficit and I am getting my exercise in but higher than normal on calories. Today is a new day and I am making the most of it. I finally did myself in last night eating diet muffins I do believe. I woke up in the middle of the night sick to my tummy and knew if I got up I would lose my cookies so I just laid in bed. Took all my will be continue down the path I was following away.

Man, I don’t know if I am going to make it thru the day or not here at work. They cleaned our carpets and the smell of the cleaner is giving me a major headache, stuff nose and making me nauseated. It does it to me every year. Of course, my boss is off today but if its not better by 1:00 or 2:00 I am headed home, if I make it that long.

We ended up taking DGS to the hospital again Tuesday at 11:30 pm. We were at the hospital until almost 4:00 am with them doing blood work and x-rays again. His temp was 102.5 at midnight after taking Tylenol at 11:30. The hospital decided to give him Motrin and about 3:00 they took his temp and it was 102. So nothing was bringing his fever down but all his blood work and x-rays showed nothing so they sent him home. They said he wasn’t dehydrated and weren’t concerned that he had lost a pound from not eating. ARG! They said just keep giving him Motrin and Tylenol for the fever and keep him comfortable and hydrated. Well last night it finally broke and appears what ever it was is now over. Poor little guy. They call it Febrile Illness: fever without known cause. They said his body was detecting something wrong somewhere and trying to kill it off by raising his temp because viruses and infection don’t like heat.

DD is due date was set for February 4th. DGS was born January 10, 2006. My birthday is January 25 and DH’s birthday is February 2nd. I told her to leave our birthdays alone. HAHAHAHAHA! She is determined that she is having a girl and is starting to look at girls stuff and I told her she better put the breaks on because it will be a while before she knows.

Charlene ~ This is a wonderful group and I look forward to getting to know you!

OK, well that was a long post so I better get going before its longer. HAHAHA!

GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Everyone is doing so well that I thought I would post one happy dance for everyone.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote