Old 01-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #196  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Mandy.

Well said Mindy!!

I am a slooooooooow loser and I have to keep reminding myself that in the long run I will feel so much better than if I just throw in the towel and eat and eat!! Patience will be my new creed.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #197  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Shy - you will get a tong of encouragement from us.

joyra - twix bar, really? That put a halt to my craving

jessie - dont get discouraged. Keep going. You can do it.

Chiquita - 2 lbs. That is awesome. Way to go

mtiger - right on
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #198  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default TOM has entered the building!

Hello RED TEAM! (Oops, I'm wearing blue today?! Aaahh, I know what I'll do...everytime I am aware of wearing blue, I will be reminded of the team to beat and stay OP as a result!) I have remained OP through a couple days of sugar cravings which is a HUGE victory for me. I'm still dreaming of sugar plums in my head unfortunately, but I COMMIT to coming back here if I feel I am going to stray. At least the Oreo Ice Cream got finished off by my DH and DS last night. I never had ANY from start to finish. NSV!! Usually, I am the one finishing it off and starting it and maybe if they're lucky, they get one bowl. Ice cream is like chocolate for me: MORE!!!!

TOM arrived this morning and I just realised that I do not feel extra bloated. Hmmm, what staying OP will do!!! WONDER OF WONDERS!

What did I have for breakfast, you ask? - Pineapple and canteloupe. I follow the Fit For Life eating program which has you eating only fruit in the mornings. Today is a little tougher. It is a Main-Course Salad Day which means fruit until dinner and dinner is a large salad with either protein or starch (not both). I think I'll be OK with a Main Course Salad Day today as I am at home which always makes it easier for me.

chiquita623 I hear ya! My motto is "You'll feel better if you stay OP!"

mtiger TOM visiting you too today, eh? He sure gets around!

CruiseCAT I'm not motivated this round to take pictures or do measurements. Just getting to the gym regularly is what I am focusing in on this time around in my weight loss journey. I do have a BEFORE picture from a year ago which will do when I reach goal. It's always great seeing the changes though isn't it. I look forward to hearing about the changes that you are seeing. Maybe my motivation for pictures and measuring will shift hearing about your changes. It is something that would be good to do.

Iwanawurkit I swim regularly myself and know what you mean about the chlorine. I assume you know to only buy 100% Polyester swimsuits? I don't shop online, so I can't recommend a site. I get mine at a swimsuit store at the mall. There is usually a small rack just reserved for 100% Polyester swimsuits. I have only ever seen Roots and Ty carry them. How many laps do you swim and how often? I do 64 laps twice a week which gives me an excellent 45 minute cardio workout that is great for working out the kinks in my body. I love it!!

wfonseca3017 Three days in a row!! Awesome!! Keep it going!! What kind of exercise have you been doing?

joyra Good for you for logging in today. Mission accomplished by doing that! I have been commiting to returning to the site when I am inclined to slip and this week it has been working like MAGIC for me. I hope you have the same results!

A SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE ELSE...I must go now.

Last edited by Clykk; 01-08-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #199  
Laurie

What do you all think about posting a Question of the Day? We could take turns posting one. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #200  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

QOTD: What is your favorite "good for you" meal?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #201  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Sorry guys I meant to start these right away!

So I will answer. My favorite meal that I cook that's good for me is Turkey Chili. I could eat it for days on end. In fact, I might make some today if I have time!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #202  
Laurie

Thanks Cakses!!

My favorite meal is "Turkey Taco Salad". Yummm!! This is one I like to eat for several days in a row and it's so easy to take for my lunch. Maybe I should make some this weekend for work next week.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #203  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I've never had a Jamba Juice smoothie. I go to Planet Smoothie. I know the calories in each of their smoothies so I can add it to my daily count. I rarely get anything bigger than the small since the calorie counts get too high.

Been kinda depressed this week due to the no-job thing (been out of work for over a month now and I REALLY need a job... I apply for just about everything too, but nada), but I need to keep my head up about my health because its the one thing that I've got going well for me and that I'm happy about. So, I'm heading to the gym after lunch today.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It is only the first week and I'm already falling behind! I'll try to do better!!

Cat - I'm glad you're sticking around. Logging in our weights is probably the least important thing about a challenge like this.

starmac - Try not to feel too guilty about one little chocolate. While a chocolate and an orange isn't the healthiest of lunches, at least you didn't eat a big Mac and fries!

Rennie - I'm sorry things have been so rough for you lately. Don't be too hard on yourself, and remember to use baby steps.

TSap - Wow, 68lbs in 9 months. I wish I could lose that fast!

Vahla - Usually when I doing exercises like weights/circuit training I listen to audiobooks. That way I can concentrate on the action without the bother of trying to fit to the beat! Occasionally I'll listen to music while walking/running, and lately I've been sticking pretty steadily with Billy Joel stuff.

joyra - This thread can be hard to keep up with. I get on 3FC several times a day, and I still fall behind! Good job on hitting the gym, but I would recommend that you schedule yourself a rest day each week. If you have a day set aside not to exercise it helps keep you from skipping the other days.

wfonseca - Keep up the good work!

CruiseCat - It has been so freeing to not weighin everyday. I only lose about 1lb a week (if that much), so it was really disheartening see all the ups and downs every day. Now I only weigh on Monday mornings (or on the first of the month).

Jessie - I wouldn't stress about 1lb. It is probably just a swing from last week. Even 6.6lbs is quite a bit to lose in 2 weeks!

Chiquita - Congrats on the loss!!!

Mindy - TOM is a pain. I never lose weight the week of, but when it goes it usually takes a pound or so with it, so I guess it all balances out in the end.

Clykk - Congrats on the NSV! Ice cream is one of my major downfalls, even in the dead of winter.

Shannon - I'm sorry about your job situation. I'm sure things will work out eventually. Keep your chin up!

willow, iwanawurkit, Jen, and all the rest of you wonderful ladies - keep up the good work! I just know we are going to kick BLUE's butt!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #205  
Day Dream Believer

S/C/G: 157.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Hello Ladies,
Lets see...In response to QOTD I would say my favorite "good for me meal" is soup...that's right...I'm vegetarian so of course nothing with meat, but other than that I pretty much adore it all. My favorite recently is split pea with onions...I make a large pot and then freeze it and pull it out whenever it sounds good.
Keep on truck'n everyone!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #206  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
My favorite is turkey tacos. Loaded up fajita style green peppers and onions. Topped with low fat condiments. I see we seem to have a turkey theme going.

RangerChic- keep your head up. After awhile, I found something to tie me over and am now applying for the job that I have been waiting for. Others were what I thought I wanted, but this one has mine name written on it. You will find yours.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #207  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

QOTD - I love stir fry; lots of veggies and some chicken. I also like White Chili.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #208  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
I am a huge soup person. Esspecially in the winter time when I tend to get depressed (I grew up in Idaho and moved to VA when I was 16, and I want the snow back). Nothin like cuddling up with a warm bowl of soup!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #209  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I have two favorite "good for you" meals....one is my morning oatmeal with walnuts and fruit, the other is (like some others), turkey chili....YUM!

Tonight's dinner will be grilled chicken and steamed veggies--pretty carbless, since it is the day before my weigh in and I want to have the biggest number possible.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 148/146/128

Hello Team..
Today I took another 30 minutes on the bike. Went very well. On monday I'll start my 9 weeks of C25K. Looking forward to it.. I'll also start onehundredpushups training program.. But not with real ones, the ones on my knees.. I'll maybe do it again with real ones when I can handle 100 modified..
My eating goes very well to, .. When I work late I easy eat some candies at work, ( I get them free there).. Today I managed to skip that and took a carrot and an orange instead. So it all goes well.
My favourite food has to be soup to. I'm feeling so healty when I eat that.. To bad I almost never make it.. Think I'll start to eat more of it.