Old 01-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #46  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

'Morning everyone! Just got up almost an hour ago. Had breakfast (Kashi waffles and some natural syrup). Going to get my bootie going shortly so I can go to the gym. Going to push myself and see how long I can go there.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #47  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning RED TEAM! I am off to a great start this morning. I hope you are all experiencing the same!!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #48  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

bradleys mom - I hope you have a smooth recovery after your surgery..
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #49  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello fellow team mates,
I wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself. My name is Michele and I have been happily married for 10 yrs to a great guy. We have two teenage sons ages 18 & 15.
I have been overweight since my teens and pretty much been a yo-yo dieter. I lose it, I gain it, I lose it, I gain it. I have 76 lbs to lose and I want to lose it by my 40th birthday. That gives me 13 months to do, and this time I will do it.
My goal for this challenge is to lose 20 lbs.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #50  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Clykk- I noticed you are a singer and teacher. COOL!! What do you sing? Both my children are singers (as well as their father). My DD just got her BFA in Musical Theatre. She hopes to move to an appropriate location to pursue her dreams.

It is cool to see so many people here getting into the action. It seems quite a few people have already lost a few pounds too. I can include myself in that group. I am back under 200, again. YEAH!!! I have been popping up and under for months now. Time to move forward.

I am at work. I'll stop in later.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #51  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Good Morning Red team! It was so nice to get online this morning and see other team members excitement about weight loss!! Lets kick some butt!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #52  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Greetings from California to all RED team members.

Excited to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next three months.

My name is Cindy, currently I am forty-four and frumpy looking to become forty-five and fit in 2009.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #53  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Good morning team RED!

Last night I went to the gym at our apartment complex in the snow to get my workout in. This morning I am down 3 pounds since I posted my starting weight on the 1st.

It's nice to meet you all! Keep on posting!

Last edited by bethbeth; 01-05-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #54  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Red Team! Let's get a good start on the week. I am off to the gym in a few minutes to just get it over with LOL. I have to work at 12:30 so I am headed to the small gym I still have a membership at to walk and do some weights. My parents are still here which is making me feel guilty for leaving the house but I have spent the last two weeks catering to their schedule and enough is enough! I need to get back into it

Hope everyone has a great OP day. So far I am doing well, just need more water. I hope this chest cold goes away soon so I can really get into my cardio.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #55  

Good morning Red Team;
I'm seeing a lot of people posting, but we aren't as chatty as the blue team, they have double our pages. I guess we are going for quality over quantity right?
I'm seeing a lot of familiar names and many new ones too, Hi to all the returning and welcome to all the new ones.

Rain Dancer -I'm suffering from a return of bad habits. and sorry to hear about your scale, it can be like losing your best friend and worst enemy both at the same time.

Cakes-Thanks for taking over as Fearless Leader (channeling moose and squirrel right now, how do you look with a monicle?)

Tmil- very cute little boy

Rachel-Have fun on your vacation. What is it like teaching English in South Korea, I thought about doing something similar, but too many family committments right now.

Sonja-Congrats on being 40, it's been the best decade of my life so far. I'm 49 and really looking forward to being a fitter and sexy 50.

Knobhdy- When it looks like the amount of weight you have to lose is too big just break it down to smaller amounts. Right now I want to get below 200, then it will be below 175 etc. It's a lot easier to lose 10 lbs then 100 lbs, so lose 10 lbs 10 times.

It's nice to see so many people over 40 here, after all age and treachery will beat out youth and enthusism every time.

Have a great day
Bette K
Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #56  
Living Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Clykk- I noticed you are a singer and teacher. COOL!! What do you sing?
In September I just released my debut CD which is a collection of recordings that I did over 10 years. There is pop, jazz, musical theatre and originals. I have 9 years of operatic training, but that is not my first love. It was great training though!

Sounds like you have a house full of singers! What singing does your DH and other child do?

Congrats on being under the 200 lb. mark!!

bethbeth Congrats!!

I am down 4 lbs this week!!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

"It's nice to see so many people over 40 here, after all age and treachery will beat out youth and enthusism every time."

Haha, Bette K!! Hi all, so glad to finally be past the holidays and I am so up for a new year and a new challenge!! I am starting my second BL and happy to see many familiar faces as well as several new ones! Come on guys, we can do this!!! As Good Morning America says--"New Year, New Me" for 2009!!

I am 44, married 22 years, no kids, but don't tell that to my 3 dogs! I am a yo-yo dieter but most successful this past year and joining 3FC just kept me on track when I was slipping again! It was the best thing I could've done as I've been so much more consistent and motivated with the help of this site. Even with plateaus and set-backs I've lost nearly 50 pounds since my all-time high a year ago. I am determined to fight this middle-age thing with all my ability, and that includes getting into the healthiest and "hottest" shape of my life like I've not seen for at least 10 years!

I love these challenges and even though we have a very large group, I will do my best to post at least 5-6 times/week and give tons of support!!!

GO TEAM!!

Last edited by modcat44; 01-05-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I did horrible today trying to do my Couch to 5K. I decided to repeat week 2, jogging 90sec and walking 2min, even though I did well with it last week, I did horrible today. My legs felt excessively heavy, I got out of breath really quickly, had pain in my left leg above my ankle, the toe I broke about 8 weeks or so ago was hurting. I just don't understand what went wrong today when last week went so well
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #59  
Living Light

Default Some days are just like that.

willow650 Hang in there. I remember having runs like that. It comes as a surprise, but on the upside it is a good measure of where your overall health is at for the day. There are so many factors that could be making you feel out of whack it's sometimes not important to know why. Just know that you will not always feel this way. Just today...possibly tomorrow, but not forever.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #60  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

willow650 - Yeah, I think it's normal to have off days, don't let it get you down. I completed the C25K program and had off days too. I really noticed a difference if I hadn't eaten enough that day, or if I ate too much. There's lots of things that could through you off. Tomorrow is another day!