Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Cakses - Aw, thank you! And you definitely qualify having been raised Scottish!

QOTD: My Motivations

Many things but some of the most important are:

To reach a weight that is healthy and that helps me to reduce/eliminate some of the symptoms of PCOS;

To feel comfortable in my own skin and increase my body confidence; and

To not be able to use weight as an excuse for not achieving what I want to in life

There are loads of things I want to achieve in life that my weight is currently a barrier to - a random one is that I want to do a tandem skydive for charity but there are weight restrictions affecting eligibility. My current weight won't allow me to do that

Last edited by MissVitality; 01-09-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

MissVitality--I think DDR is Dance, Dance Revolution. I haven't gotten it myself, but lots of kudos for it around here.

QOTD--More energy, better health, but basically, trying to fight off getting older!! If I have too, at least I want to look as good as possible for my age!!

RangerChic--yeah, I don't think a lot of scales are consistently accurate--that's what it seems like to me with mine. They try to fool you into thinking that they are, but I see slight fluctuations sometimes and I haven't moved it or anything.

MonteCristo--yeah, I love week-ends as well, sometimes I can get in A LOT of exercise b/c I can rest a lot as well, not having to run around too much. Of course, now there is FOOTBALL, so bad for the eating/drinking resolutions, but that actually makes me want to work out harder to try to offset that. I have been pretty good anyway, very moderate with the football beer...

Rain--come on, don't get discouraged, you have NOT gained it all back on and now can concentrate on just going back down, continuing on your healthy journey! Once a couple of weeks have gone by, you'll be back into a good routine, I know it!! Just, ramp it up slowly, no matter how frustrating that may be.....

Dixie--you are doing so well!! You sound so much happier now and motivated! Dn't worry, the water drinking will come......

Jen415--wow!! You are single-handedly trying to win this week for us, aren't ya? WAY TO GO!!!

cakses--it isn't vain to want to look good in our clothes!! I have that burning desire as well. I think for some it may not be as high a priority, but for me at least, it IS! I'd love to get to that point where I don't dread shopping for myself, and trying on clothes--almost there now......

Well, to everyone else--will check back in later.....
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #243  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
RangerChick - my scale does the same thing. My SIL says digital scales are temperamental. I am thinking of investing in one of the old school kind where there's a needle. Those don't seem to change much even if you step on them 10 times. My digital scale can fluctuate by 5 pounds in a minute. It's ridiculous!
Yes, it really is ridiculous! One I get a new job, an "old fashioned" scale will be on my list of things to invest in because this is stupid!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #244  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

QOTD: My motivations

- To be a healthy weight and feel confident enough about myself to date (haven't dated since like 1997 seriously)

- To look good and wear a size 12

- To be a regularly active person
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD - I had lots of different things that made me start, but the overarching theme that keeps me doing it is how totally awesome I feel! I've never been uncomfortable with myself, as I've always thought I was completely amazing, but now I feel like a goddess! I feel strong, healthy, drop dead gorgeous, totally in control......just totally fantabulous! Now that I know how this feels there is absolutely NO WAY I would/could ever go back to how I was before.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #246  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Oh wow! I can't believe I actually made it to the end of the thread!!! Over an hour later... Well I don't even know where to begin.

Yesterday's QOTD: We LOVE pasta at our house, so we switched to whole grain. My favorite meal as-of-right-now is taco pasta. I used ground turkey, cut up romaine, diced tomatoes, onions, & green peppers. Super Yummy!!

Todays QOTD: Alot of things motivate me. We moved into our first house in June & recently I've noticed I have trouble breathing going up 2 flights of stairs. It's embarrassing & frustrating.
I want to be healthy.

I met my fiance at this weight & he loves me for me. HOWEVER, I'd love to show him my potential. (Does that make sense?)

My 4 year old daughter calls me big & my 8 year tells her she's going to hurt mommy's feelings. It doesn't hurt my feeling until the oldest says something. But I know they're both just being kids & they don't mean it to hurt me.
But it does.

My mother doesn't think I can lose any weight. My fiance washed my phone (accident) & so he felt obligated to buy me a new one. I got the LG Choclate (my only choclate from now on!) & I told my mom that I got the arm band for it so I can listen to music at the gym & she laughed at me.
So, it wasn't my original motivation but now I really want to prove her wrong.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #247  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: What motivates you to lose weight?

Gee, y'all got that much time to hear this? LOL

ETA: I originally wrote this in all negatives, but decided to change my tune!

--I want clothes that fit me well and flatter my body
--I want to be comfortable physically no matter where I go (airplane seats, roller coasters, cars)
--I want all of my health number to improve
--I want to ease the aches and pains
--I want to have more energy
--I want to be strong
Old 01-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #248  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

QOTD - My #1 motivator is....

To be around for my grandbaby. Noah will be a year old on the 24th. My father never met his grandson and my mom died when my son was 11. They were 46 & 58 years old respectively..... much too young, especially when I think that I will be 46 next year.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #249  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Yeah DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. I play it on Wii but it's been around for years.

Scales - I have an old-fashioned scale with a needle and I hate it! First, its in kg so it's sometimes hard to accurately read. I had it on our hardwood floors near a dresser so I can weigh myself sans clothing in the morning. Sometimes if I take it to the bathroom when my bf is sleeping I am ALWAYS heavier in there (tiled floors).

I think the worst thing is if I lean forward, I could be 1.5 kg heavier (3.3 lbs) and if I lean back, I could be lighter. So I step on, see the needle stop, lean forward to look at it closer and watch the needle ride up the scale even further.

I wish I could have plopped an extra $10 on a digital scale when I moved here. I'm only living here a year so I definitely don't need TWO scales.

QOTD: Almost all my motivations are in vain. I want to wear cute, little clothes. I want to be a little fashionista again like I was all through hs & college. There's a few things I don't like about my appearance but weight is the one thing I can actually change. As I age, I've become more and more accepting of my "flaws" but not my weight.

I also want to not be afraid to squeeze in between two people on the subway seat, I want my thighs to not rub together and chafe, I want my not worry if my belly shows that it looks good and not like a giant roll, and mostly I want to have pictures of me and not instantly see how big my butt or thighs looks or think I look pregnant. I don't mind look stupid in pictures but I HATE LOOKING FAT!!

Honestly, healthy benefits are just added bonuses. I want to not be winded going up stairs, I want to have more energy, I want to have more endurance, I want to have healthy lab results... blood pressure, cholesterol (my bp is fine now but I think my chol is high). I want to reduce any chance of disease.

I think my ultimate motivation is to frollick on tropical sands in Tahiti in a little bikini. Or anywhere. In a bikini. Taking stupid but skinny pictures.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #250  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

PUT DOWN THE BREAD

That's for me.... I went to the farmer's market yesterday and got a bunch of yummy veggies but as I was leaving I couldn't resist the bread man. I ended up getting a loaf of Jalapeno Cheese. This stuff is SOOOO good.

Usually I put a little garlic hummus, a tomato slice and a little mozzarella cheese and then bake for a few minutes but guess that won't happen today either, like yesterday I ate my slice plain.... oh well, maybe tomorrow I will have my mini bakes.

I did make roasted veggies yesterday that were to die for. I did zucchini, brussel sprouts, green beans, peppers, and mushrooms. They really were yummy.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #251  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Primm - that is awesome that you chose exercise. way to go

Jenn415 - YAY!!! that is an wonderful loss. You go girl.

Montecristo - I use ground turkey (99%fat free) and low sodium taco mix. The more veggies I add the better I feel.

RangerChic - I agree on the whole scale thing. There are days I could just chuck it out the window. I mean who wants to step in it 30 times to get an accurate reading. My sister has the same one so sometimes i switch between our two to make sure mine is right

QOTD - First, what a great questions.

- to not use my weight as an excuse for the question "why not me?"

others
- to know that from every angle, I look great.
- so my orthopedic surgeon will tell me that I am no longer pre-arthritis (i'm 23)
- to inspire my mom who actually said that she will get in shape once I do. She is a monkey see monkey do type of person.
- to do this once and for all instead of wishing I had six months down the road.

Today was a very good day. I got my workout in. At one point I was going a part of my circuit workout on the treadmill. I am had to sprint and definitely wanted to quit. Either my body or my mind was going to quit first. My body kept going and I had to decide mentally if I could push through (I guess Jillian really is right when she is yelling that it is all mental). And I did. It felt great. Of course throughout my cardio workout, I thought my legs were going to give out, but made it until the end. And I think it is really paying off. We shall see what the scale says.

Congrats to those who made it to the end of this post.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #252  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Wow,
I can't keep up with this thread. I will apologize now for doing personal post and reply to anyone. I am going to try to reply to the QOTD everyday.
QOTD: My Motivations
*to keep up with my teenagers
*to keep up with my husband...lol
*to not get out of breath by walking across a parking lot
*to just feel healthier and perhaps develop a better self esteem
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #253  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

OH! I forgot to add the biggest motivator for me. My fiance (Charles) told me that every month I reach my mini goals he'll set aside a portion of his check for me to go on a "shopping spree" when I reach my overall weight goal!! He said If I can drop over 80lbs in 12 months he'll give me $500 to buy ONLY clothes with. He prefers I spend most of it at Victoria's Secret though. :-0
Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #254  
Be the change

Today, I signed up to use The Daily Plate. I used to use Fitday, but I quit using it because I always had to enter things in manually. I've only used The Daily Plate for one day, but so far it seems to have more brands and accurate nutritional info than Fitday.

Yesterday's QOTD: My favorite healthy meal is stir fry.

Today's QOTD: My major motivations are 1) to be healthy, 2) to be able to be active with my family, and 3) to feel more comfortable physically . We talked about planning a family ski trip and I thought it would be so fun! But later when I thought more about it, I was nervous about skiing since it's been so long and I don't have the stamina, strength, and flexibility that I use to have. It's harder for me to do things that I used to do. I don't want my weight to keep me from having fun and being active.

Keep up the good work ladies! Have a wonderful and healthy weekend.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #255  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

QOTD: My motivation is totally health related. I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance in september and was told I couldn't have anymore kids (I have a 4 year old) and my boyfriend and I want 5 more kids...both from big fams...after 2 cycles of Clomid and not ovulating, we decided that i am going to have to lose weight and get my self healthy before we try anything else. So far I am down 14.4 lbs since I started my journey and I already feel a difference. I don't get pains like I used to which my doc said was the cysts popping...so that has stopped. I just hope I can get it under control.

No working out for me tonight...have a pretty bad head cold that is going around my office, and even more annoying is that i have to go in tomorrow. I will be the only one in the office working....ARGH!!! Stupid marketing! Hope you all have a better night than me.