Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #181  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
I had pain in my stupid chest wall again last night. Had to take a handful of Advil to calm it down. Dang it. That means I have to back off the weights again. This injury is frustrating the snot out of me. Just about the time I think it is all better and I am ready to go, it flares back up, again. Gah! I did exercise today, tho. I did 45 minutes of in home walking cardio while watching TBL. So far, I feel okay and no pain. Let's hope it stays that way. If I can keep doing some kind of exercise, I'll give up the weights for a while. I just don't want to have to stop, again.

Oh, Cathy, I am so glad that you decided to stick around, participate and chat, anyway!
Thanks Rain. Instead of weights, can you use resistance bands or would that cause the same pain? Not sure how much weight your using but maybe go down a couple of pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post
Hello all. I slept late this morning and had to get my exercise in after work. And it was tough. I really didn't want to do it, but I got my 30 minutes. TOM is late and I'm trying to take a nasty cold. Yuck!

Sorry to fly by, but the troops are demanding their supper.
Kelliegh feel better soon!! And on getting in the your workout! I was like that this evening with my bike riding, but finally went down there and did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Cat- You better stick around and cheer us on. We will be cheering for you to. Just pretend you are in the challenge.
Oh I am. I just can't imagine not doing this with ya'll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
I had a NSV today ladies! (and gents if there are any!!)

My mom cooked her signature hamburger steak and gravy breakfast for me and my family tonight! (We are SO country here!) I steered completely clear of the biscuits and replaced them with wheat bread. I had her cook my eggs in non-stick spray instead of butter and only had 2 tbsp of gravy! That was a major accomplishment for me! Thats my favorite meal!!!
That's awesome!! And that's what it's all about, improving what we eat, not depriving ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Cakses~I am confused Please explain "everyone should have one post on the weigh in thread"? I posted my weigh in on Monday does that count? If not please tell this first timer what I need to do so I don't get left off the team.

I got in all my water, ate OP,did 35 min of yoga this morning and 35 minutes of stepping this evening. I am on my plan. Pat
great job Pat!!! I think means there's a few people who don't have a spot over on the weigh in thread, sounds like you do though.

Well I'm off to dreamland. Talk with ya'll tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #182  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

ASH - i too dont really eat red meat. I am a ground turkey fan and sub it for everything. I dont even notice anymore. I also only eat turkey bacon and turkey sausage. I tried going back to real bacon once and it was too salty (it was the low sodium kind). And 10lbs!?! that is fantastic.

bradleys mom - that is awesome. way to avoid temptation

I did well for breakfast then was running late for work and completely left my lunch at home. I did not have a chance to get up and get anything so I had to resort to a piece of chocolate in my boss' bowl. I felt so guilty eating it. But I would have passed out. After work I went over to my mom's job and she happened to have an orange i could eat. That saved me from turning to fast food.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #183  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hello everyone
Glad to be healthy again and back on the red team. I was doing so well then the old heart decided to give me a bit of problems. Now it seems like it is not as easy to get back to my routine that I was doing before as it was to be on the routine in the first place. Anyone else every have this problem?

Just a few short months ago I was doing 10 miles of walking aerobic videos a few days a week and at least 6 miles other days of the week. Was also doing at least 40 min of some type of resistance training at least twice a week.

Now just getting myself to do one video a day is like pulling teeth. NO none of this had anything to do with the heart thing lol. They found I had some heart problems and had probably had them for awhile The old heart finally told me I had to do something about it lol. Which of course meant hospital stay and more meads than you could shake a stick at lol.

I never had to lose weight before so when I was off the meads and they said I could try to lose weight ( this was in may of 2007 I was excited. I got on a plan and stuck to it. Wasn't any time at all that it all seems like old hat and I did it all every day without much thought. I had lost about 60 pounds with very little effort at all. Now after putting this, about, 30 some pounds back on it has really hit me hard.

I really need everyone encouragement.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-08-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 AM   #184  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Happy to be part of the Red team!! I happy to see that my sister (ASap) is my red teammate...although being on opposing teams could have been interesting too!

My name is Tanya, I'm 45 and I live in PA. Like most people here I have been up and down on my weight forever. I had begun to think I would never loose any significant amount of weight again when I read 2 new books. 'You on a Diet' and 'Beck Diet Plan'. They changed my approach to dieting and weight loss. My goal this time is health, I was on BP meds and Chol med and I was only 44!! I started out with Jenny Craig because I felt I needed complete structure in the begining. I love a lot of JC food but soon moved to using their meals and following what I know best...WW. I have managed to loose 68pounds since April 1st in a way I feel I can continue for the rest of my life. No more fad diets, just sensible eating and exercising.

My goal for this challenge is 15 lbs, because this is a weight loss challenge. But my other health goals are to be able to do 20 regular push ups(I have no upper body strength at this point), to get 100 oz of h2o a day and to add flax to my diet daily.

I look forward to getting to know everyone over the next few months...Go Team!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 210/178/130

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone!
I have the day off work today as we're having a new oven fitted which is quite exciting as we've had no hobs for 2 weeks and it's hard to stay eating healthy when you only have oven food, I need my hobs and I'm so glad we have some again.
Today once I've done some housework I'll be jnumping back on the DDR, I'm loving it, it's got me completly hooked!!

So, what's evryone's fabourite songs to work out to? I'm just getting used to the song choice on the DDR, some good energy, high paced songs.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #186  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi gang,

I have been OFF for awhile and really been doing some soul-searching to get it to click back on.. you know what I mean? Well, I think logging onto 3FC is a start and hopefully I can keep up the momentum.

Last time I read the chat was on Page 3.. now we're on Page 13. I have a lot of belated responses, sorry if I am missing names and just posting the topics!

DDR - Oh man I am excited there are other DDR users here! I have always colored myself totally uncoordinated but I can rock pretty hard on DDR! Of course I've had it for about 6 months now and while it's my favorite form of exercise, some of the songs are getting a bit old. I hear on the Playstation one, there is an option to add your own songs... that would be AWESOME! But I have Wii.

WiiFit - I want one! So badly!! But I live in Asia and have an American Wii... to send it over here would cost almost as much as the unit itself. I'll be back in America in September, either temporarily or permanently and I will definitely buy one then!

Misty - congratulations! Sorry to see you go but you can definitely keep chatting with us. Hope your pregnancy is healthy & smooth.

LCW - Cakses, haha, that's about all the toning I do in two weeks time! I'm going to watch TBL after this post and I'll try to do these things while I watch... I download so no commercials for me!

So I have just been OFF lately. I'm about to go on a beach vacation and have been stressing about losing weight and of course have lost like, 2 lbs over the last 10 weeks getting ready for it. I just try for a few days and fall off the wagon. Anyways, I was excited for the Challenge but it hasn't really hooked me in yet. Today I finally went to the gym for the first time since mid-December. I want to start going an hour a day. If I just go and just walk on the treadmill for an hour and listen to music (like I did today), well, it's something. I burned almost 400 calories just doing medium-paced walking for an hour.

I really hope I can keep the momentum going. An hour today. An hour tomorrow. An hour the next. THEN I'll worry about getting my calories under control again. Let's just say that the Christmas treats are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Anyways! Here's some food for thought:

-One Twix bar (two sticks) has the same amount of saturated fat as 11 pieces of bacon
-A 16 oz coffee from Starbucks has the same amount of caffeine as 6 12-oz Mountain Dews
- A Dunkin Donuts Banana Walnut muffin has the same amount of calories as 3 small Wendy's Frosties
- A peanut butter smoothie from Jamba Juice has the same amount of calories as 4 100 Grand candy bars.

I learned it all from a quiz I took at FitSugar. I failed it!!

Last edited by joyra; 01-08-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hi every one ..How are we doing.

this week is going well for me, I have doing exercise for three day in a row, that is good for me.

Let keep the good work ...
Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Anyone know a good site to purchase a chlorine resistant bathing suit for water aerobics? I have done one hour on Monday and Wednesday....looking forward to Friday but my current bathing suit is starting to suffer. They use alot of chlorine in the pool at the Y because of so many 'butts'. LOL!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #189  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone, so far this week I have been eating well and doing my exercise; even got in some extra. Unfortunately I can't/won't be doing the LCW. My DH and I are early risers (3am) so any TV we watch are shows recorded earlier in the week and often we speed watch. If I did the TCW during commercials it would keep us up way past our bed time; usually between 8-9.

My eating plan is very simple, I keep my calories under 1400. Protein is my friend and I try to eat some with every meal/snack; including lean red meat. I eat a lot of veggies and beans and left over stir fry is almost always in the fridge.

I have a hate/hate relationship with my scales. I wish I didn't weigh daily but I can't seem to stay off. If I'm up a little I get frustrated and bounce on them to try to get them back down where they were the day before. If they are down I bounce to try to get them to go up.... it really is a ritual I would like to get away from. I've tried weighing once a week but can't do it, even had Mack hide the scales but I always go looking for them. I think I'll try again and only weigh on Mondays, that is also the day that I do my pictures.

Speaking of pictures is anyone else taking them; either weekly or monthly? I am doing mine weekly and will put together a slide show when I reach goal. It's pretty cool because each week so far I have been able to SEE a difference. I am also doing measurement monthly.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Whats on everyones menu today?

For breakfast, I will be having a nature's own whole grain bagel, with a little butter(nature balance) and light cream cheese anda cup of coffee. Thats about 300 to 325 cals, my parfait snack is about 300 cals, for lunch will be a frozen LC meal and i think its 350cals, Dinner will be a Roasted Chicken, roasted brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. I will have about 500 or so cals freed up for dinner so should be ok today.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #191  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Good Morning Red Team. This morning was a bit of a disappointment. I am someone who weighs myself everyday and this morning I was up 1 lb. I don't know why this could be. I am on phase 1 week 2 of south beach diet, and have not cheated at all. The first week I lost 7.6 lbs which was fantastic, and this week I have gone up 1 lb. I have been a bit constipated (been maybe 3 days) do you think that could be causing the gain? I was so motivated losing the first week (and that was with no working out) and now this week I have been working out and I am gaining I just don't get it. Thinking of maybe switching to weight watchers...any thoughts?? Thanks!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #192  
Laurie

Good Morning Ladies. I just posted my weight for the week and I'm down 2 pounds!!! I am so pumped. I weigh in on Wednesday evenings at WW so I normally take my Thursday morning weight, on my own scales, as my "official weight" for the week. So I suppose that means I'll be posting my weights on Thursdays for the week.

I'll be back later. Have to get my day started. Be good to yourselves and let's rock this challenge!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #193  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, RED TEAM!!

Jessie: Don't give up so soon. This is typical weight loss pattern--losing big week 1 and nothing or gaining week 2. The first week of a new plan, your body says "WTH??" and then tries to hold on to pounds. But if you are consistent, the weight WILL come off. Guaranteed.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that weight loss can fluctuate from day to day. For instance, I have gained back 2 lbs that I had lost earlier this week. It's not because I am doing something wrong (I have been OP and working out), but more the fact of the body compensating a little for some of the weight that is already gone.

I think it Mandalinn on 3FC that said "The scale is not the most accurate way to measure our loss--just the most convenient." This has helped me to remember that it's not all about the numbers on a scale, but how we feel and how we move that is more important.

So hang in there, Jessie!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Jessiebear, I wouldn't be concerned. I am sure it is just water weight fluctuation

chiquita623, congrats on your 2 lbs
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #195  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

So I typicaly gain a few pounds before TOM. Well this week I have been losing everyday, until today. TOM arrived today and BAMM!! I gained 1.8 pounds today. That is wierd. I usually start to lose once TOM starts. Just goes to show that my body is saying "hey, wait a minute. What are you doing?" Now the real test will be to see what happens over the next few days. Hopefully it will go down pretty good.

So for everyone who is getting a little frustrated by their weight, just keep doing what you are doing. Sometimes our bodies just need a little while to figure out what is happening to them and then they adjust. If I have learned nothing else in the last year, it is that I need to stick to my guns and be patient.