Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #61  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Holla Back Red Team!!!! (Hooo Hooo) I am a newbie to the challenge but super excited. Glad the holidays are over so that my pants size can be smaller. Let's just say 2 southern style xmas dinners, 1 new years/rest of weekend in nyc, 1 barbados style new years day dinner (c/o my bff), and many nights out later, I am back on track. And surprisingly I did not gain any weight. Must have been the long walks around central park and walking more than taking the subway.

So about me. I am 23 and work as a marketing intern for a consulting firm in Richmond, Va. I love sports so I am sure that competitive side in me is bound to come out sooner rather than later. Haha sooner since I am about to go workout in my RED t-shirt.

Well I will post more later. Have a great day everyone. And Red team, say buh-bye......to lbs that is.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #62  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hey Team Mates!! Just a quick flyby to let you all know that I'm lurking and thinking about all of you. I'm terribly busy at work so will try to post more in a day or so.

Be good to yourselves. You deserve it!!!

Be back later.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 210/178/130

Height: 5' 7"

Wowie! I go to work for one day and the thread is already this long!! It's great to see so many lovely people on the Red team, I'm looking forward to the challenge to, it's already motivating me to do my fitness DVD and get those minutes racking up
Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #64  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
Good morning Red Team;
I'm seeing a lot of people posting, but we aren't as chatty as the blue team, they have double our pages. I guess we are going for quality over quantity right?

That's my story... And I'm sticking to it.

Rain Dancer -I'm suffering from a return of bad habits. and sorry to hear about your scale, it can be like losing your best friend and worst enemy both at the same time.

I know... Right? I hated the dreadful thing. But, now that it is gone, I am almost mourning it.

I slid right back into my old bad habits for a while, too. Easy, isn't it? The slippery slope of bad food choices will suck us right down, unless we are ever vigilant.

It's nice to see so many people over 40 here, after all age and treachery will beat out youth and enthusism every time.
Bwahahahaha!!!

Have a great day
Bette K
Hey, Reds! I hope everyone is starting out with a bang. And that we can all keep the momentum. I am very nicely on track, today. Had a good day yesterday, as well. I have had my latte, oatmeal and fruit and soup and peas. And lots and lots of water. I also got in a good workout. 35 minutes of hard hitting low impact cardio with weights. Whew! Between all the housework I did this morning and my exercise, I got me some good schwetty on.

Ooo! A red hawk just flew past my window! What a gorgeous creature!

Okay... Where was I? Oh yeah... Schwetty. I am looking forward to the day when I no longer have to worry about my chest wall and can go longer and really start ramping up my intensity. Until then, I will do as much as I can and hope that it is going to be enough to help me succeed.

Oh, I forgot to say what plan I am on in my "intro" post. I am a calorie counter. I try to stay in the 1200 to 1600 range.

have a great, on track day, everyone! Don't forget your exercise and drop by the exercise challenge thread and show off everything you are accomplishing.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #65  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

willow650 - I just started with C25K so I'm still doing OK. I can tell you that there are days with the Bowflex that I would swear there was an extra 10 lbs hooked up. No real reason other that it being what I call a "weak" day. On the other side of that is when I have to double check that I have enough weigh because it seems so easy. Keep at it.... at your own pace. YOU can do this.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #66  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

I'm not the best calorie counter, I always forget to! My goal lately has just been two simple goals: eat less and be active. I'm at home 99% of the time so it's too easy just to not get out and do anything. I try to make sure I do something every day, whether it's going for a walk or playing some Wii DDR
Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 210/178/130

Ooh Skittlez, is DDR any good? I've been thinking of buying it for a while but I can't decide.
I've just finished my Pump It Up fitness DVD and for the first time of doing it I was quite pleased that I managed 40 minutes of high paced cardio...now I want to eat cheese and crackers but I won't!!
Gym tomorrow, hoorah!!! Got my DH to sign up also, he has a lot less than me to lose but he still wants to come along with me.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Thanks for all the advice and support. Since I did so bad with my run, I am going on a 8mile bike ride. According to a few websites I can burn about 500 cals. Anyone know how to figure it? I weigh 191, and ride 8 miles an hour for an hour.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #69  
Taste the rainbow

I like the DDR Vahla, I never thought I would I thought it was kind of stupid before I got it. But it helps because I HATE exercising, and instead of focusing on the fact that I'm getting my heart rate going I can concentrate on trying to beat the songs.

Thanks for giving me the idea to do a workout DVD, I wanted to go out and do a little speed walking/jogging but my nose is all peeling from using 3 boxes of tissues in like two days! I don't want to scare the kiddies lol.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi REDS!

Work was crazy today. I had a quick lunch at my desk and got caught up on this thread and the exercise thread. I'll be posting my goals there next.

Last night, I set my alarm for 5:30 this morning telling myself after a rough Monday I'd better get my exercise in first thing. Well, I hit the snooze. And then I lay there wide awake for about 10 minutes with thoughts of this challenge and all ya'll and how much I'd love to hike with my family this year and how I really hate my chinS. I could not go back to sleep SO I got up and walked for 30 minutes on my treadmill. I've felt so good about myself all day. I just hope I can keep it up.

willow650 I tried the C25k once. I really liked it, but felt bad when I think it was week 3 that kicked my hinney. I've learned more about it and I think I may start it again and just go at my pace. If it takes me a month to get really good at week 3 SO WHAT. I'll still be moving and trying right?

Vahla I think it's awesome your DH supports you and goes to the gym with you.

Skittlez I use to be much better at the calorie counting, but I got out of the habit. I like your "eat less and be active"- that's what it's all about.

Hi CruiseCAT

Rain, you did so well last challenge and I know you will this time too.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #71  
Taste the rainbow

Kelleigh grats on conquering Monday and getting those 30 minutes in

I planned on getting up early this morning, going for a walk and getting the week off to a good start. So of course after not sleeping well all weekend I finally sleep for 12 hrs straight >.> I needed the sleep, but I really wanted to actually keep my sleep schedule normal this week (my boyfriend works evenings). I tried to get some exercise done but after about 10 minutes I couldn't breathe very well, apparently I'm not quite fully over whatever I had yet. But I still got 10 minutes in! Tomorrow I'll be able to do more I hope
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #72  

Back from my 8mile bike ride, took me 56min, 4 min faster than last night. Hubby went with my this time, last night i was already almost back home and I cam across him, I think since it was dark, he worried about me...lol.
For dinner tonight I had 1 cup Alfredo with whole grain pasta and lots of chicken. I had 1 piece of garlic bread(sliced really thin), 2cups of romaine lettuce, about 5 litttle croutons, couple of tablespoons Kens light Caesar dressing. I ate all my salad, and only 3/4 of the pasta and I think I had some of the bread left.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahla View Post
Ooh Skittlez, is DDR any good? I've been thinking of buying it for a while but I can't decide.
I've just finished my Pump It Up fitness DVD and for the first time of doing it I was quite pleased that I managed 40 minutes of high paced cardio...now I want to eat cheese and crackers but I won't!!
Gym tomorrow, hoorah!!! Got my DH to sign up also, he has a lot less than me to lose but he still wants to come along with me.
My DH is all for working out with me, likes eating healthy, but already weighs about 20lbs less than me and is 3 inches taller. I really dont like him losing faster than me when he is already less than me to start with ...lol
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #74  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Mod- It sucks to get old, sometimes. It seems so much harder for me (48) to lose than all the younger people I know. If it were not for my patience, I would have blown it a long time ago. Hang in there.

Clykk- DH has been with the same band for 13 years. 3 guys, rock, oldies, country. They are good. My DS does some musical theatre also. He is currently at auditions for his college play. Both kids were choir kids and took voice lessons, so they have some classical training as well. It makes life interesting. Let me know more about your CD.

Willow- Working your tail off girl. Good for you.

Kelleigh and Rain- We're back at it again. Let's do it!!

Chiquita- Get back with us soon.

On plan today. Saw a small loss this morning. Got in 45 min. of cardio, that is my goal. Tomorrow will be 45 min, some strength and some cardio. Let's stick with it, even when the going gets tough.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
I planned on getting up early this morning, going for a walk and getting the week off to a good start. So of course after not sleeping well all weekend I finally sleep for 12 hrs straight >.> I needed the sleep, but I really wanted to actually keep my sleep schedule normal this week (my boyfriend works evenings). I tried to get some exercise done but after about 10 minutes I couldn't breathe very well, apparently I'm not quite fully over whatever I had yet. But I still got 10 minutes in! Tomorrow I'll be able to do more I hope
I hope you get fully well soon. It's really rough after an illness as many of us know first hand.