Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to pop on and give an update about my half marathon yesterday (especially for all the old Blue members since I've been talking about it for months! )

My race was yesterday morning and my finish time was 2:20:07, nicely within my goal of 2:15-2:30. I posted the details of the run in the Cool Runners thread, but a brief summary is that it was a fantastic run with no leg pain at all and I even managed to pull out a sprint for the home stretch. My running buddy and I crossed the finish line together as we'd planned and it was a great ending to 16 weeks of training.

Here's a picture of me, my running buddy, and our clinic coach who came out to cheer us on but almost missed our finish since we came in earlier than he'd expected (I'm on the right side):

Old 08-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #272  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Dora, I am with Vix, I can't wait till I have my own house to get my own garden started.

Kim, congrats on the run! That's awesome!

Well... I popped in just to change my weigh from Saturday on the ticker and thought I would say hi. I'm still not feeling good. Actually I ended up sleeping 16 hours yesterday before going to work and today, my throat is worse than ever. I worked out on Saturday but that's it...

Good news is, though, I lost 3 lbs from Monday to my new weigh-in day, Saturday and now I'm in 170's! Yay! I've lost ALMOST 30 pounds!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #273  

Morning Ladies....I just typed a witty post, and then "poof" it was gone. Ok, so much for that. Have a fantastic day everyone.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #274  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Dora--Your garden is inspiring. My mom has a yard but I don't. I'm thinking this is something we could do together. We are both clueless. I know the VA Extension Office offers classes. We also have community gardens here too. I will investigate.

Kim--Great job on the race! You look so happy in the pic.

I wasn't on 3FC much this weekend because I have a new obsession. I am interested in my hair being healthier and longer so I was doing a lot of research into that. Some of it sounds like a foreign language to me.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone - how was the weekend?

I had a pleasant surprise on the scale this morning! I didn't lose, but more importantly after a weekend of crazy eating, I didn't gain! It was my fiance's birthday on Saturday, and we ate out 3 times in 2 days. Delicious, but not the best decision-making. For his birthday we did this cool behind-the-scenes tour at the aquarium, and we got to feed a sea lion!!

Here's me feeding the sea lion, who isn't visible in this picture, unfortunately. It's a great "before" picture for me though! It was SO much fun, and Adam was so surprised and happy about it.

taragettingthin - I hope you feel better soon! Keep listening to your body while you fight off the sickness. Congrats on the 170s, too!

Kim - Congratulations on the half marathon! Your picture looks GREAT!

Rhonda - Hey girl! Hope you feel better soon - lots of liquids for you! Glad to hear that you're getting some structure back with the girls back at school.

Dora - I am so envious of your harvest! Looks delicious!

vixjean - Way to go on working through C25K Week 3!

ArmyWife02 - Mmmm that smoothie sounds so good!

Fat Chick B Gone - Hope the TOM weight disappears while you're away!

dgramie - I like that your goal is for your granddaughters birth! What a neat idea. BIG points to your hubby for the lillies and encouragement!

modcat44 - Lucky you with all the citrus trees! I would love to have a lemon or lime tree, but they don't grow well up here.

Catsgetnhealthy - Good luck with the WW! Sounds like you are good and prepared with the journaling and all.

One Fluffy Chick
- I want new arms too! Well, really I want my OLD, high school/basketball player arms back.

Amany - Welcome to the BL challenge! Your goals sound great. If you want a program for the jogging, lots of ladies here do C25K. I prefer the learn-to-run programs on BeginnerTriathlete.com, because they progress a little more slowly than C25K does.

tkglenn - Good luck with your family challenge! $500 should be a darn good motivation!

Anna - You'll be a great cheerleader!

chiquita623 - Good on you for the early morning bike ride!

Jaime - WOOHOO on the 12s!!

Last edited by practiceliving; 08-18-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #276  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hope you all has a great weekend! I had my WI today and was down to 288.25! I am excited! Will try some personals later!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Wow, this thread is just zipping along! I've lost three pounds since the challenge ended, which puts me right on track for my pre-challenge goal. Hurray for vegetables!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #278  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Glad you two learned your lesson! (Dig under the fence!)

Rhonda - Is DH helping with your slips? He's joining us right? We need him to be your coach through this, along with all of us. He has the advantage, being right there with you and maybe he could think of some, uh, other incentives, that we could never provide. Hang in there. Also hope you and Tara are feeling better soon, that sure doesn't help matters.

And Tara -on 30 lbs lost. I'm hoping to catch up with you, just now at 27.

Yelie -. Yep, this is the place to get on track. Good to have you here.

Kim - so much for sharing your half marathon photo - you must be pumped!!! I'm so proud of you, you are inspiring.

Shay - I'm sure a garden with your mom would be fun and a great time of bonding. Thanks for looking and enjoying mine.

Practiceliving - Thank goodness the scales were kind. Your fiance's birthday "date" sounds awesome, feeding the sea lions. Good luck on keeping friendly with the scales.

Well, still have to do my WATP workout, then off to work. See you all later.

Dora
Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #279  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

well, our A/C in our house finally died. it is completely dead. i dont know what we are gonna do. it is dead middle of summer and scortching hot. we dont have the money to buy a new AC for the house. it is so hot!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #280  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am going to the gym as soon as I get out of work. I totally forgot to weigh in this am....I was playing w/ the dogs and well, I forgot...oh well, I'll do it tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well. All of this talk of veggie gardens almost makes me want to plant one--almost....we have the space, I just don't have the green thumb! I guess I'll stick to the farmer's markets!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #281  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Hey, Chicks! Just popping in to say hi!

Don't let the hiatus allow you to wander. Even though it is not challenge time, whatever you lose now just gets you closer to goal.

Keep moving, keep drinking your water and keep your heads on! (that public service announcement is as much for me as it is for you)
Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #282  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

PracticeLiving--Whew, right? Thank goodness !

Monte--Great job on the weight loss. I know you were feeling some frustration for a minute there.

Last edited by Shay; 08-18-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #283  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Evening Chickas (and roosters too). Just doing a quick flyby to check in. Not much new with me. I'll be back sometime tomorrow. Have a good night!!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #284  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sonja, Danielle, Marianne - Thanks for the welcome. Marianne I'll take a look at the website. Thanks!

Cat, Tara, Eny - Fellow Michigander here...

Dora - I'm going to die a tat virgin. But I hope to have heaps of nice undies. Very impressive veggies by the way.

September can't get here fast enough for me. I'm ready for us to get started.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #285  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I remembered to weigh in this am and I am down 2lbs! YIPPEE! I am more than 1/2 way to my goal!!!!