The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good afternoon ladies & gents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta
I have one question...."What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

I drug myself to the GYM. I REALLY didn't wanna go, but I did and now I am glad. I got to see all my little GYM rat friends & even muscle dude (MD). He seemed genuinely happy to see me. I haven't gone there when I knew he'd be there in 2 weeks or so, and I really didn't think he'd be there today since he normally doesn't go on Fridays. He has such a nice smile. Sigh

I have also been OP with the food today. First day in 3 so this makes me proud too!!!!

Last edited by Diva; 08-15-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #212  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

Another goal idea of mine...if the budget allows....is Lasik surgery.
That is my hopeful ultimate goal reward, as well. I have wanted Lasik for a long time. My budget never allowed for it, tho. So, I figure if I am going to have to go into some debt for it, I am darned well going to earn the privilege.

I am considering fourth lobe piercings to commemorate the beginning of this challenge and as a way to remind and motivate me to keep with it and participate.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi peeps!!

I am much better about posting when things aren't so fast....I will be better when we start our team threads
Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Vanetta - What I've done today to feel proud... hmmm... does NOT killing my boss and vendors count? eating is COMPLETELY on plan for the 9th day in a row... and I WILL keep it up all day! I'm working right now from home - but in my "LOVE ME" mission - I did get up and get out of my Jammies this morning - which makes me feel better all day!

ceegee - I'm with you! I post a TON and am generally really good about personals, but you girls are keeping me hopping a little too much right now!

For everyone I've missed, ignored, etc. - Remember - YOU ROCK, YOU'RE WORTH IT, AND YOU'RE WONDERFUL!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 08-15-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #215  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
Hi peeps!!

I am much better about posting when things aren't so fast....I will be better when we start our team threads
Ditto! I have trouble keeping up!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #216  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Ditto! I have trouble keeping up!
We Bluesers are used to this. Just wait until the challenge starts up. Woo! You ain't seen nothing yet!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #217  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

well we just did 4.5 hours of errands...about 3 hours was walking and pushing DS (30+ lbs) in the stroller....lol plus the stroller is another 27 lbs lol
We went to the mall, headed for Steve & Barry's for deals for tax free weekend. EVERYTHING in the store is $8.98 or less. OMG how great! too bad all their jeans/capris didnt fit me right...and they only had Venus court sneakers, needed something for running...their men's shoes had more variety. oh well.
then looked at Shoe Dept for sneakers, but again bad selection, esp for big feet lol but on the way out i did find a cute pair of heeled shoes i can wear with skirts and dress up a bit. and managed to fit in a size NINE! OMG!!! wow! i usually wear a 10 or 11.
then went to old navy, my usual downfall! i LOVE that store, over half my wardrobe is from there. but i went for the baby sale. wanted to find capris there, but even the clearance ones were too high for me...i'm on a strict budget, since i cant use my credit cards, so had to only spend what i had in the checking acct. VERY hard when you LOVE a store this much lol but only came out with $14 in shorts for Alex...it was SOOOOO tempting to look all around for other items, but managed to stick to what i planned to buy! BIG accomplishment for me
we looked at payless for sneakers, but they didnt have any running shoes...
so we went down the street to walmart. and spent more than planned, but got abigail her 2 hannah shirts, and got the hannah shirt for the neighbor's girl for her bday gift (and it was on sale, $3) i got some running shoes from walmart for $19, so will see if they are as good as the nike and new balance that i'm used to...but they were more in my budget
i needed some more bottoms to have to wear to class, so a bit of school shopping for me (esp without 8.25% tax)...and i got a pair of shorts and a pair of denim capris..in a size SIX!!! OMG! amazed that the 8s i always wear were too baggy. and the 6s fit great. so i am siked that all my hard work has paid off!!! yippee!! so i've cut all the tags and need to wash all the new stuff so i have it for school next week.
trying to get the kids to nap so we can go to the playground ceremony our housign community center is having (i guess they've built a playground over there)...so we're gonna get there between 2-5pm while they're celebrating, and offering free food...

big triumph for me that made me proud...other than fitting back into a 6 (which i havent seen in forever)...the kids were basically good for the trip and i promised pretzels before coming home. we have an auntie annie's pretzel store in the front of that walmart...and i got them the pretzel stix to share...and as good as they smelled and as long as it's been since i've had a pretzel, i resisted the urge to buy myself one or share their stix. i kept thinking how hard i'd have to workout when i got home, so decided to wait till i got here and i could fix a healthy lunch and have a healthy snack afterwards. got some yoplait light yogurts and YoGo yogurts. so will focus on good eating today. need to workout and see if my new walmart running shoes do well for that new 5 mile WATP i got from netflix....
well better go get lunch.....and workout...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #218  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Hey everyone...
I already know today is going to be not OP. I promised my bf we could go to this new Mexican place for dinner tonight. Unfortunately, there is no way that I am going to get to the gym either. I AM going to walk at lunch, which should help, but I will only have a 500 calorie defecit (or so, hard to know when you eat out), rather than the 1500 I try for. I can't lose if I have anything less. The good news is, Sunday we are going to be walking, walking, walking at Warped Tour and of course, it's Friday!!!

Everyone have a great weekend! I am going for my DL behind the wheel test Monday morning...wish me luck!

I'll try to pop on over the weekend, so I don't get too behind!

--Misty

BTW Mandey---I don't know if you have Big 5 where you live, but they are always have great sales on athletic shoes. My bf got a paid of $100 shoes for $30 and I got a pair of $59 shoes for $20. They have Reebok, Nike, New Balance, etc. If there is one near you, check it out.

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 08-15-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #219  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi all...
Looking forward to joining in on the next challenge (again!).

Did I hear correctly? Did my ex-Bluesers win? ladies! See, you didn't need me after all.

I did miss the camaraderie though, so I'm planning to stick through to the end this time. The challenge ends one week before my (gulp!) 40th b-day, so I'm in it to win it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta
I have gotten back on . . . the horse / the bicycle / the wagon (whatever it is that you fall off of when you're changing your lifestyle for the better). That fall can be brutal, or you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, do a quick look around to see if anyone's laughing (stick out your tongue if they are ) and then just hop back on. So, I'm proud that this is day 5 of being OP for me, and that I've surpassed my exercise goal for this week - from 0 to 3.5 hours and climbing!

Whew! I am chatty! Told you I missed you all.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #220  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fluffy Chick View Post
Did I hear correctly? Did my ex-Bluesers win? ladies! See, you didn't need me after all.
Sonja - so glad to see you back! And, we might have won, but it would have been even more enjoyable with you along for the ride!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #221  

Anyone need more incentive:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/153309

"Five Financial Costs of American Obesity:
We know that being overweight isn't good for our health, but carrying extra weight costs more, too. "
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

It's so exciting to see everyone chatting away! Even better, to see all these posts about being OP and exercising. Rock on ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
Last night I went for a loooong walk with a girlfriend. Today I had to buy my lunch and picked up a salad from the grocery store instead of something junky!

I have a question too! I know a lot of you have mentioned watching the Olympics - who is your favourite or most inspiring athlete so far? For me, I think it's Lauren Bay-Regula (Cdn softball pitcher) or Dara Torres (US swimmer - she's 41!!). I'm loving all the hottie mchottie guys, also, but they're less inspiring for me.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #223  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
who is your favourite or most inspiring athlete so far?
I haven't picked one person in particular, but I sit and watch the female swimmers' backs and arm muscles flex and pull and rotate with awe. Serious chick power there!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #224  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

I think my fave Olympics athletes have been Shawn Johnson and Nastia Lueken (women's gymnastics), Kerry Walsh and Misty May-Treanor (women's beach volleyball) and MICHAEL PHELPS (men's swimming). His abilities never cease to amaze me!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #225  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
BTW Mandey---I don't know if you have Big 5 where you live, but they are always have great sales on athletic shoes. My bf got a paid of $100 shoes for $30 and I got a pair of $59 shoes for $20. They have Reebok, Nike, New Balance, etc. If there is one near you, check it out.

I think I've heard of that place, but there;s not one anywhere near here that i've seen. there might have been one up in CO Springs when we were stationed there...because the name sounds familiar...we did buy shoes there during the 3 months we lived there before moving down here to hot-land