Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I'm loving all these tattoos! It's really interesting to see what people are choosing and why. I've always wanted a tattoo of a lotus on either my hip or wrist - they're the flower that grows out of the mud, through the water and into the light, and I love that symbolism.

Josephine - Congrats on the size 6s!

Diva
- Heee hee hee at the tramp stamp!

Jaime - thanks for the healthy dinners. They sound tasty! Tell me more about the quinoa and chana masala, please. Congrats on the new apartment.

Laurie - Seven hot dogs?! Holy heck, I can't imagine! Good for you on making the best of an unfortunate situation.

Nori - Those spinach/turkey burgers sound nice. I love sneaking in more veggies!

Last edited by practiceliving; 08-14-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #182  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Jo on the 6 you deserve it! Rock those jeans.

No tats for me, but I will buy some size 6's please, thank you very much, when that day rolls around for me! I have a few clothing items in storage in the attic that I've kept over the years, and someday plan to fit into to announce that "I'm BACK" to the me I want to be.

I have somehow logged 12.5 hours of exercise and 40 miles thus far in August, and it's only August 14! I am actually starting to feel like the "fit" me I remember!

I love summer it is so much easier to be outside.

Hello to everyone on the last 8 pages!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #183  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I've decided I have got to dedicate a pad of paper to this thread. I start writing responses on a small piece of paper then it gets all crooked from me trying to fit stuff and then I can't read it. Anyways...here goes!

Taragettingthin--I know right! Now I must go and buy some sweet potatoes. I can't wait!

Jennifer--I know exactly what you mean. I think this will be my fourth challenge and I always gain weight bw. One time it was like 16 pounds but that's because I went on a bingeing frenzy. I say just continue to try and start over immediately after each mistake. As long as you keep trying and starting over you can't go wrong.

Heather--Thanks for reminding me I'm going to the beach in the September. My BF loves to walk so I definitely want to do some walks in the sand which will be a great workout. I may actually attempt to run outside. I also will be able to use the fitness room where we are staying.

Rhonda--Let me know what you think of spinning. The bike bores me (does that sound familiar? It seems all exercise bores me!) but spinning seems like it could be possibly fun and quite challenging.

Tattoo--I have a butterfly on the top of my right foot. My goal tat will be above my belly button. Another butterfly.

Diva--Tramp stamp!! As usual girl you are so crazy! LOL!

Nori--Thank you ! Tennis is mostly on Oxygen and its not in my cable lineup. He is so fine ! Him beating Federer is icing on the cake. What's going on with Federer? I guess he is human!

Kelly--The environment of the Olympics seems to make people do superhuman things...Jason Lesak! I didn't say Michael Phelps because he always does this.

Jaime--All of those sound good. Are the recipes on your blog? I've never been great in the kitchen but these sound like things even I can't mess up. I get excited about trying new things. And OMFG I had butternut squash once and I was in heaven. Your new place sounds great. Having an on site gym is a plus.

Jo--Size 6 is fantastic. I once wore 8's. I would love to get back there. That gives me an idea. I'm going to put sizes in my profile instead of weight.

Last edited by Shay; 08-14-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #184  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

well i just had a healthy low cal dinner and am happy i did it too. still have calories left for the day, so will treat myself to a serving of the light strawberry ice cream i bought this morning and have had probably 100 oz of water, or almost that much.
did well at my tobacco cessation appt this morning, got 4 more weeks worth of zyban and patches...i have been smoke free since last saturday. I think between cleaning the house (and decluttering), finding and eating more healthy foods, and lots of exercise - i haven't had the urge like i thought i would. i am very excited about this new way of life. and with the money saved each month i can actually afford more healthy food choices and a few more WATP dvds that $150/month will come in handy now if i can just get hubby to quit, that be at least another $150-200 more a month for things we need that are healthier lol
I got the WATP 5 advance miles today from netflix, and it is my new fav!! did all 5 miles (2 fast miles, then 1 mile with each booster - band, ab belt, and weights). i had such a great sweat going after the first mile, and was soaked by the end...logged it into my dailyplate, and with my pilates and the stretching after the 5 miler - i burned 583 calories plus my healthy food choices for today - i hope for a loss in the morning from my scale i'm keeping this workout from netflix till i can find a good deal on the 5 miler online to buy it

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-14-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #185  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

early in the mornings here arent too hot, so once my daughter starts school, we're gonna pull the big stroller out of the van and walk to school in the mornings for a great workout and fresh air round trip its about a mile...and with kids walking and pushing a stroller, takes about a half hour (but that includes walking DD to the hall door for her grade and talking for a few minutes with the teacher).

it's still TOO hot in the afternoons to walk up there to get her - and too hot for the little man. it still at least in the high 90s in the afternoon...so we'll be driving up there and enjoying the A/C. lol

but at least this way i can get a good solid all terrain mile in each morning and then come home for at least another 4 miles. althought loving the new 5 mile WATP, so might be logging 6 miles in the mornings for a while

need to get new running shoes...might check Steve & Barry;s at the mall this weekend, it's tax free weekend in TX and if i find a pair under $100, i'll save the 8.25% tax rate

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-14-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #186  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Chatty means not Chewy???

Thank you ALL so very much for your encouragement on my before and after pics. I'm sure the next batch will show more to me because I didn't start exercising until late in the last challenge. Now, it's part of my daily routine.

Like Nori, I am getting in more vegetarian meals. Last night I made tacos with whole wheat tortillas, boca sausage (1/3 of 1/2 a link in each) red peppers, portabella mushroom and just a little egg beaters.

Anxious to try some of Jaime's great recipes and Shay's dinner ideas. They sound terrific. I'm interested in Shay's corn casserole - got some specifics on that???

Amy - sounds like you had such a blast swimming. Here's to the start of something great.

Jennifer - you just can't stop! I know how you feel, I didn't want the challenge to end because of the accountability it provides, but I've just gone on like I was still on it. And having this chat line here helps too. Just keep coming back to us for support - and you'll get it for sure.

Zinke - Your "routine" will develop before you know it and you'll be back on your TOM routine too (oh yay, huh?). I used to go for 45 days all the time and was grateful to not have as many visits from AF as my friends. Good for you drinking more water, way to go!

Well, gotta go harvest some potatoes, carrots and onions - they're getting past their prime. Chat with you all later.

Dora
Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #187  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I sure do Dora! Here is the recipe:

Corn Casserole
1 can of 15 oz creamed corn (I use no salt added)
1 can of 15 oz whole corn drained (I use no salt added)
1/2 cup of eggbeaters (I've used real eggs before)
1 cup of light sour cream
1/2 onion chopped (I don't put this in. I love onions but not in this)
1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup of lowfat shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together. Put into sprayed 9x13 pan, uncovered. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Notes--I never find 15 oz cans. Usually 14.5. Also those doing WW it is 3pts per serving. Also I don't know the difference bw a 9x13 and other casserole dishes. So I have used a small square one or a longer one. It works either way. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Shay; 08-14-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new here, just wanted to post and say how excited I am to start the challenge in September! My pre-challenge goal is to lose about 15 lbs, I think it's definitely going to be tough but right now I'm doing couch-2-5k and I'm very confident I can reach my goals! Good luck to everyone
Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

sour - this will be my first TBL challenge too. Where in the mitten are you?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #190  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Jo--a size 6, that's awesome!!!!

I am SOOOO happy right now! One goal I had set for myself is to be able to wear a smaller size jeans by the fall. Well, here it is mid-August and I am able to wear smaller jeans right now! Too bad it's going to be too warm to wear them to work tomorrow, because I would!

Add me to the list of goal weight tattoos! I have several now, but I am trying to come up w/ a 'goal' tattoo idea. Not sure what it will be, but I have some time to figure it out. I want to get my belly button pierced too--I have always thought that looked really cool.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

I am also new to the BL challenge--I signed up on the other thread and then found out everyone is over here chatting!

My pre-challenge goal is to be below 195. Currently 199-ish. I'm working out like never before, gym w/trainer 2-3xweek, swimming 1-2xweek, C25K after dinner 2-3xweek. Still, the weightloss is slow and more frustratingly, fluctuating. Tuesday AM before 2 workouts, I was 198.4. Wednesday AM 199.4. HUH?

It doesn't make much sense, but I'm not discouraged. I feel "in the zone" for the last week or so and still continuing my plan. This is normal, I guess. Since joining this site, I never weighed myself everyday. (Didn't want to weigh myself every month, or even every year, hehe!) So I'm just not used to the fluctuations when I've been so on track with everything.

I'll get better at the personals--suffice to say good luck to everyone, no matter what team!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #192  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Diva - the tat that I'm designing is going to be a tramp stamp too... a seires of fairies, each representing a different word that I've associated with this weight loss struggle.

That's pretty cool that you're designing it yourself. I am getting a butterfly with my kitty's name and "hopefully his pic put in the middle somehow. I have an example pic somewhere on this dang computer but I can't seem to locate it tonight. Maybe tomorrow, because my head is pounding right now. I may get a hummingbird someplace else on my body if the first doesn't kill me. lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soure1sl View Post
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new here, just wanted to post and say how excited I am to start the challenge in September! My pre-challenge goal is to lose about 15 lbs, I think it's definitely going to be tough but right now I'm doing couch-2-5k and I'm very confident I can reach my goals! Good luck to everyone

Welcome to the challenege and to 3fc!!!

I restarting the c25k too. I'm in week 1 now. If this headache goes away I am going to do Day 3 in the morning. I've been a VERY bad girl with eating this week. The previous challeneg ending has done a number on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post
I am also new to the BL challenge--I signed up on the other thread and then found out everyone is over here chatting!

My pre-challenge goal is to be below 195. Currently 199-ish. I'm working out like never before, gym w/trainer 2-3xweek, swimming 1-2xweek, C25K after dinner 2-3xweek. Still, the weightloss is slow and more frustratingly, fluctuating. Tuesday AM before 2 workouts, I was 198.4. Wednesday AM 199.4. HUH?

It doesn't make much sense, but I'm not discouraged. I feel "in the zone" for the last week or so and still continuing my plan. This is normal, I guess. Since joining this site, I never weighed myself everyday. (Didn't want to weigh myself every month, or even every year, hehe!) So I'm just not used to the fluctuations when I've been so on track with everything.

I'll get better at the personals--suffice to say good luck to everyone, no matter what team!

Welcome to you too! Don't worry about personals Just post with us, it's all good!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #193  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
So is everyone thinking of getting a "Goal Tat"? I really haven't given any thought as to how I'm going to celebrate when I get there.
Absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
The good news: While shopping, I bought 2 skirts, a pair of hiking shorts, and a pair of jeans, all in size 6. I think the sizing was generous, I really think I'm still more of an 8, but I needed that encouragement today, so I keep looking at the tags: 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6!
Six is not even my goal! Good for you!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #194  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

to newbies modcat and sour - you'll find a lot of support and info here.

Thanks Shay for the quick response and the recipe. I do enjoy corn/corn bread so this should be a delight. Have you ever tried it with red bell pepper?

Same as Anna - absolutely no tat for me.

Scale showed me down to the next pound, but I'm not going to count it till Monday - my regular weigh-in day. Who knows, maybe it'll be more???

Oh, and Jo, forgot to say - HOW AWESOME - SIZE SIX!!! You must have no doubt that you rock now!!!

Later

Dora
Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 AM   #195  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Wow, seeing all of you posting is making me super excited about this challenge! I've never done a BL challenge before and I don't watch the show but I decided I needed some new faces to dropkick me into the losing game again so here I am!

Hello myEnylove and Jo! SO happy you guys are here!

My goal between now and the beginning of the challenge is to get back in the lower 240s. I did crappy on my Labor Day challenge and I'm just sick of being a slacker!