Old 08-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #241  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Yes indeed we are chatty today - but weekends usually die down a bit . . .Amy & Kelly - Alright! Now that you guys inspired me to use my elliptical faithfully, one of you switches to swimming and the other goes to camp!!! What goes here???
Dora - I got back on elliptical and restarted with C25K on Week 6, but since I won't have access to an elliptical, I will be back on on the Elliptical on the 25the of Aug after I get back from NY and visiting the ILs. I got in 60 minutes this morning on it and managed to get in 4.86 miles. I promise I haven't left you hanging, this was ALL Nordictracks fault that I have been all at all this month.

So, see you on the Elliptical on the 25th, bright and early.

Someone asked about an olympian inspiring me. I have to say they are all amazing, but I am going to have to go with Dana Torres. Being almost 36 yrs old, I can honestly say that I want to look like her when I'm 41.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #242  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Mandey and Anjuli (pinto) - Thank you both for the idea about thinking how hard you would have to work to get rid of that "treat". That idea resounded with me today. And Mandey - have you done the 4 mile Super Challenge WATP? Is the 5 mile similar? I ask because I bought a more recent WATP (for abs I think) but the "joy" was just not there and Leslie seemed tired. I love the 4 mile, but do need more challenge - what's your take?
I used to have the 4 mile super challenge, long ago (like in 2004 or so)...but i had a hard tiem doing the 3 & 4 miles, so i sold that dvd and only kept the 1 & 2 mile dvd from the set...now i'm kicking myself since now most of what i like to do is at least 4 miles a day. but i do enjoy the 5 advanced miles, i did the full workout and it was great. had to pause it after each mile though so i could be ready for the booster or to put the booster down. starts mile 1 with the weights, then mile two is fast interval/boosted walking, then mile 3 uses the ab belt (which i no longer have either, so i used my resistance tube with handles and tyed around my waist), then mile 4 is upbeat walking (no boosting), and the last mile is with the stretchie or firm band. each mile they're wearing different clothes, and they usually change up who's in the video so some ppl are there in some of the miles and absent in other miles. but over it's very upbeat and they talk alot and it's very energtic. i started sweating before the .5 mark, and was soaked by the end of the 5th mile. it's a heck of a work out....huge calorie burner! i think i burned almost 500 calories in that workout, but they will be different for each person (that's just what dailyplate said i burned for my weight for high impact aerobics).....
sorry i got too chatty, i only have a couple hours to get my pilates and watp in and shower before i need to fix something for the bday party at noon we're going to...gotta run...see ya later on.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #243  

Height: 5'7"

good weight loss this week -1.6 even after increasing my calories and TOM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #244  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Morning Everyone. Hope you are all having a great weekend so far. I decided to get up early and go for a bicycle ride. I rode 2.5 miles in about 12 minutes. Not bad considering it was the first time I've been on it this year. I know - I'm a slacker but that's changing starting today!!! I've even thrown my tennis shoes in the car so I can walk on my lunch hour at work. And going to start getting my behind back on the eliptical. Good plans - now I just have to follow through. I've seen mention of the C25K - what is that? Can it be done on the eliptical? This might be something I could do.

Going out on the boat this afternoon so should be a relaxing day. Hi to everyone and I'll check back in later.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #245  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
We Bluesers are used to this. Just wait until the challenge starts up. Woo! You ain't seen nothing yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
After almost a year of nothing, the scale is moving down again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, but I am losing again. Wish it could have happened during a challenge!
Congrats on the scale Anna. Challenge or no challenge I am excited for you!

Congrats to all those with new smaller sizes. Especially Jo and Jaime my fellow Bluesers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
I've seen mention of the C25K - what is that? Can it be done on the eliptical? This might be something I could do.
I know Kelly does her C25K on the elliptical. It is a running program that slowly gets you doing a 5K over the course of 9 weeks or so. Each week you slowly 'run' more and walk less.

I am sad. My monthly gym membership expires on the 20th and there is no way I can keep affording the dues. Plus the kids are probably going to end up in preschool in a different town then my gym. My original plan was to drop them off at preschool and spend those 3 hours a day at they gym and doing errands. There is nothing for me to do in the other town other than walk/jog side streets. I was loving the lifting weights and cannot afford to purchase a bench and weights at this time. So I need to reevaluate what equipment I do have and figure out a new plan. Maybe I can find a park to use and a decent trail area to run on near the preschool.

I will succeed!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

zinke - hang in there! You'll find a place to workout!

chiquita - Great job biking.. I like the idea of throwing your shoes into the car too. I might steal that one!

dg - GREAT loss! Sometimes our bodies need more caloires to get out of that stable mode.

Jamie - size 12s! I can't WAIT to get there!!! (hopefully for my 10 year reunion in October!) I also agree about Dora's posts. It is AWESOME that you're able to keep up so well! I'm getting better.. by the time the challenge starts next month, my goal is to be as in tuned to everyone else's post as Dora is!

Dora - speaking of which - WTG on the the elliptical! I haven't had the opportunity to use one yet, since I work out at home. But I've heard GREAT thing about it!

Ok girls - I'm off to do a short video, then shopping at the craft store. I'll do day day 10 of 30DS tonight. After today I move onto level 2 I'm ready though!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

zinke: You'll figure it out. When one door closes....

Krpjy: In-laws, huh? That could be stressful, or fun, depending.... But definitely difficult to eat the way you want to, without offending them. I know when I go home to my mother-in-law's, she is making all of my hub's faves, and she knows I love them as well. If I didn't eat her meals very well, I would be hurting her feelings, and the special effort she made.

We are going back to Chicago for a wedding in October and staying with her--already I am dreading the damage I may do to my diet. Plus, I don't know how much time I'll have to even walk/run around the neighborhood--but I'll try to get up extra early and do that.

First challenge, though, is Las Vegas, Aug. 27th-Aug.31st. Grrr!

Last edited by modcat44; 08-16-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #248  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yay Anna-babe (referencing you in your last pic) the scales are finally cooperating - so like Anjuli asked - does this mean you might join us again, hmmmm?

Dora
No, I will be a blue cheerleader, but I don't want to do another challenge. I weighed every day during the challenge, and still do. For heaven's sake, I made banana bread this week and still lost, so I have nothing to point to. I am going to be grateful and go from there.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #249  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Hello~~ Everyone seems to be doing great.

I hate/love this Michigan weather. It was quite chilly last weekend and all the kids at the daycare my DD goes to had cold.. of course my DD wanted to be nice and give me "present" so she picked up the cold, brought it home. Now she's feeling a lot better but me, not so much. I was still okay yesterday and even got to do some strength workout before going to bed for 45 minutes. And this morning, I woke up to "i can't breathe, I can't talk" state. Now I got my head tilted to one side and holding the temple to stop the headache...Sigh...I don't even really feel like eating anything. All I had is a cup of Korean tea, which is quite thick actually. Maybe I will have a cup of cereal...A nice hot spicy Korean soup would be nice to clear things up in my nose and throat but I don't feel like making it either.... I would go to Korean store to pick up one of those soup(comes with all the fresh veggies and seafood..made by the owner of the store) I just put water in and boil and voila! BUT it's about 25-30 minutes away and I don't want to drive all the way out there with my 2 yr old DD by myself. My BF's at work till 6...

Hope everyone has a good weekend...at least something better than mine.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Tara - I feel you! I'm chilly today here in the Mitten! But then again I'm inside and DBF REFUSES to turn the air off! I LOVED the cooler weather last week... but then I'm fearful that I'm going to have to make Halloween costumes that fit over snow pants this year since it's getting chilly all ready!

What really weird to me is how dark it's getting SO early!

Mod - good luck with your upcoming challenges! Luckily my Future MIL doesn't cook when we come over, she make DBF do it... and he actually cooks quite healthily (when he wants to! )
Old 08-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #251  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Dora--No I have not tried roasted red pepper or did you say red bell pepper in the corn casserole but that does sound good.

Jaime--Congrats on the 12s!

I pratically lost nothing during the challenge but now I'm on the way down too. I know mine has to do with the weighing in every week. Hopefully this time it won't be an issue. I think my first challenge I lost 12 lbs so I can do it.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #252  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone. nothing much going on. my family is starting their own weight loss challenge but money is involved. I am excited because I kind of have the advantage--this website and the upcoming challenge. Whoever wins the most weight at the end of november wins $500. At the end of the week someone will also win money for losing the most. I am excited. Everyone wish me luck on my family challenge. I NEED the motivation. It starts Sept 1st so I have to get all psyched up for this because I dont wanna be out some money because I didnt lose the most weight. I know I can do it, just sticking to it is hard. I have about 20-30 more pounds till I hit goal.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #253  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew!

You ladies are a chatty, chatty bunch. lol You all seem very cool.

I've never taken part in any of the Biggest Loser Challenges. I'm looking forward to doing it this time though. It seems to be lots of fun.

Ok, let's see...

My goal until the next challenge - I have two. I would like to get to my mini goal of 208 (I'm 216 now) and I'd like to be able to jog for 10 minutes straight. I'm going to start the walk / jog next week. I believe someone referred to it as wogging. Ultimately I'd like to be able to jog 30 minutes straight.

My favorite OP food - Ok, I'm not really on a "plan" except for eating more sensibly, but I stray on occasion. Lately my favorite stray has been the vanilla ice cream cones from McDonalds. I've had two (or three?) since June. I don't worry about it though, since I get right back to business. I don't stuff myself either. Not anymore, anyway.

My goal gift to myself - Ok, absolutely no tats for me. When I was considerably smaller, though, I used to love, love, love beautiful underwear. If I am in the 180s by Christmas (I hope, I hope, I hope) then I'm going to buy at least five sets of very sexy bras and panties.

Well, that's it! Keep up the great work everyone.

Last edited by Amany; 08-16-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #254  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Rhonda and Dora - thanks for that! Life was crazy for a while there, but I'm determined to make me a priority over work and all the other goings on, so on to the next challenge, I go.

Jaime - on the uncharted territory, I don't think I've seen a size 12 since I was 12 years old. Good for you! You go girl! By the way, is that a tattoo or a necklace? The avatar pic is too small for me to see what it is.

zinke - got a birthday or anniversary or anything coming where you can ask everyone to contribute to a gym membership fund or a home gym fund instead of buying you gifts? Or do you have a Play It Again Sports where they sell used sports equipment? Might be more economical that way.

Amanda - to the chatty capital of the world. That's why the support is so good, you know. Someone's always there to help you stay focused.

tkglenn - on the family challenge! My brother and I always talk about our healthier living plans but we aren't competitive enough to make it into "a thing". I wish we would though, because little sis would finally get the chance to kick big brother's butt.

All this talk of tats and motorcycles is intriguing. I want a new tat on my upper arm, but I also want new arms after this challenge (shrinkage is good, if only cold water worked on arms like it does on guys in a pool ). Ah, and I told myself no motorcycle until this last of 7 credit cards is paid off. Only $4500 more to go and Honda Shadow here I come. Vroom, vroom, baby!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

This is late but here goes:
CONGRATULATIONS JOSEPHINE AND ALL THE BLUES!

I disappeared towards the end of the challenge and I am very sorry for that. I had some friends come and visit me. We travelled to lots of remote places and when I found an internet connection I had to work like crazy to not fall behind with work. I will be getting back on board with the next challenge. I am very excited about it I miss regular exercise now. My friends bought me a wii and I ache! They left this morning which was extremely sad but also it’s a relief to have a quiet moment for myself.

Again Congratulations Josephine your focus and determination is such an inspiration!