Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #226  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta
I have one question...."What have you done today to make you feel proud?"
After struggling for the last half of the Just Beachy challenge (and ending the challenge 2 pounds over my starting weight), I began counting calories and just finished day 6! If anything I'm under my calorie goal rather than over. I am going to focus this next week on making smarter choices to get the most bang for my buck calorie-wise. 6 days OP....YAY!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #227  

Height: 5'7"

No inspiring Olympics person over here - I keep my head in the sand as far as the Olympics are concerned. No real reason why, I just have other things to do right now...

As for the thing I feel proud about doing today, it would definitely be the run I just got back from... Nothing particularly special about it time or distance-wise, we just went and did a pretty normal course. However, I did actually run down the road with all the cars, where some ignorant jerk yelled at me from his car on Monday. My run on Wednesday avoided this road. I do admit every time a car passed I thought about that idiot, hoping that no one would comment today because it would pretty much convince me to stop running outdoors. But I got out there, and nothing happened!

DH gave me a gift certificate to New York and Company for our anniversary back in June, which I thought was very sweet. He's very supportive of my WL journey and this was just another way he showed it - we don't otherwise have money for me to buy nice clothes with, so this was a much appreciated gift! I decided to wait until some fall stuff came out to order so that I could hopefully order in a smaller size and have stuff to last me through chillier months. Well today I got my order in and one of the size 12 pants fits perfectly, and the other one is only about an inch away from fitting properly! I am almost a size 12! How in the world has that happened?? We are in uncharted territory, people!

And on top of that I have the privilege of going to weigh in in the morning... which I'm actually kind of excited about. I'm a nerd. I like my numbers, especially when they are being kind to me.

Hope everyone has exciting weekend plans....!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #228  

Jaime - Great on the running and CONGRATS on the size 12's. A new smaller size is one of the best feelings!

Last edited by ksk571; 08-15-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #229  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

I was thinking of a smallish tattoo BEFORE my goal..but one that I can see all the time (so hiding on my butt isn't an option) and I want someone to make me a pretty little one that somehow incorporates the number 170.

My grand reward, but I have to wait until I have a) reached goal b) maintained for a year c) had my KOPS graduation - Keeping Off Pounds Sensibly, at my TOPS group/Annual Recognition Days is LASIK..I am so tired of being BLIND!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #230  
Fifty by Fifty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
Hold on....the sneezing roaches put tramp stamps of Shel Silverstein on the bday cake?

hehehehehehehe
As a still real newbie to 3FC and BL CHallenge..you put my confusion very nicely..thanks muchly Vanetta!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #231  
Fifty by Fifty!

[QUOTE=Vanetta;2317743]

It's a no-go for me on the tat...I'm going to get a MOTORCYCLE (or at least a scooter ) when I hit goal.

QUOTE]

I bought a scooter for myself as my "I am turning fifty this year and having a midlife crisis " present from me to me..funny how I always know just what to get myself. I have filled it up three times SINCE APRIL and the grand total has been 14.79$ With that I have put nearly 500 km on it, and if you are candian, you will be impressed to know I have even figured out how to get a "timmies" and get it to work without spilling a drop!

I highly recommend getting one..they are fun to ride, very economical on gas and men on BIG BIKES even give me "the wave" or "the nod". When I meet up with other "scooterettes" we give a HONK! It was pretty funny having to go and qualify for my motorcycle licence though (I live in Ontario..and we have to be licensed and insured) and be with the boys on their Harleys and Goldwings LOL
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #232  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default Apology to the blue team

After almost a year of nothing, the scale is moving down again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, but I am losing again. Wish it could have happened during a challenge!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #233  

Hi Everyone,
I've enjoyed reading about the tats, and I've thought about getting one but haven't. the best one I've read about tho was the woman who wrote about getting a piece of chocolate cake tatooed under her chest near her stomach because that is where she thought chocolate cake should be and so that when she got older and began to sag it would be covered by saggy parts. It was a very funny essay.
What did I do today that I am proud of? Today I did home visits to senor shut-ins and had such a great time visiting. Everyone was so appreciative and glad I came, I love my job.

i would love to get a scooter or even ride a bike to work, but it is around 15 miles on a major highway (traffic runs typically over 65) or oround 20 miles on a secondary road, and again the traffic moves pretty fast and no shoulders along with a mile on gravel so I have to take the car.

blueyedlvrgirl I too love Shawn and Nastia, they have been a total class act all the way through. And Michael Phelps has just been a superman in the water, are they sure he isn't part fish.

To everyone else have a great weekend
Bettek
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #234  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
After almost a year of nothing, the scale is moving down again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, but I am losing again. Wish it could have happened during a challenge!
Awesome.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #235  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's nothing major but I am very happy I managed to finish my walk today at work. Today was day 5 of going back to exercise for me after a break of almost 2 weeks of almost no exercise. I was in pain for some reason (lower back and leg muscles) and almost had to cut short my walk but I slowed my pace and kept going. I am glad I did. Also I was little off plan eating Thursday night. But I ate well and light today to compensate for bad eating. I stuck to the plan and it felt great

Jaime
, for smaller size clothes. It is one of the best feeling. I love New York & Co store...My favorite

Anna, that is just awesome Does that mean you might join the next challenge? Or maybe the stress of the challenge and weighing every week was making it difficult to lose?

Last edited by pintobean; 08-16-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:51 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Anna - WTG on the loss!!

Bette - I love the tattoo story! I guess there's at least one person in the world who's looking forward to the girls going south.

Jaime - Yay for getting into 12's!!! I'm so happy that your hard work is paying off for you!

For the QOTD: What have you done today to make you feel proud?

I've had a craptastic sort of day, so the thing I'm most proud of is that when my 2-year-old had a full out "I'm going to pick up things off the shelf then throw them while screaming at the top of my lungs" fit at Walmart this afternoon, I managed to calmly stand by while explaining why we couldn't buy the amazing hippo soap when all I really wanted was to throw myself down there on the floor beside her. And then I went and bought myself and iced cap because holy frick did I earn it.

My running buddy picked up my race package tonight so I've got my chip and my bib sitting on the kitchen table. I'm contemplating getting DH to take pics of me wearing my bib, sort of a la Jo. Only 1 day, 9 hours, 9 minutes and 35 seconds until my race starts...but who's counting?
Old 08-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #237  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be offline for a couple of weeks. It's gotten to the point where I rather shoot myself in the foot than pay Rent A Center money for a crappy computer that I could be putting towards a nice, new computer of my own. Hopefully this haitus will only last up to 3 weeks. I'm already going through withdrawals! I'll definitely be back before the challenge starts! Love yall!

BTW, I'm with Vanetta too about the motorcycle. I discovered a motorcycle driving school on my bus route and I'm going to start taking classes as soon as I get a better position at work! I'm not a scooter/moped type of girl. Harleys and Yamahas all the way! WOOT!
Old 08-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #238  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes indeed we are chatty today - but weekends usually die down a bit . . .

Yay Anna-babe (referencing you in your last pic) the scales are finally cooperating - so like Anjuli asked - does this mean you might join us again, hmmmm?

Jaime - Congratulations on the size 12!!! I wish I were you, but with your inspiration and terrific recipes - I know I'll be there soon.

Karen - Cheers to you for 6d OP. 21 days is what it takes to develop a new habit - your 1/3 the way there - hang in there.

Sonja - So glad you're back - and you too, 5d OP + going over your exercise goal - you're definitely in the right frame of mind. We missed you, too!!!

Zinke - Wow! 7 1/2 miles on the bike, that's awesome! I'm like you, have only been on the bike a few times this year, but I really enjoy it once I get going. Just keep puttin' one foot in front of the other eh? Here's to more bike rides to share, along with Jaime.

Jo - I got to thinking, when DH ate some of his birthday cake, did you imagine the boogers and roaches when he took a bite??? Did he like the "added" flavors???

Mandey and Anjuli (pinto) - Thank you both for the idea about thinking how hard you would have to work to get rid of that "treat". That idea resounded with me today. And Mandey - have you done the 4 mile Super Challenge WATP? Is the 5 mile similar? I ask because I bought a more recent WATP (for abs I think) but the "joy" was just not there and Leslie seemed tired. I love the 4 mile, but do need more challenge - what's your take?

Roni - Congrats on staying OP and going to the gym - not to mention MD smiles!!!!

Mollymom - DH got a scooter, even though all his VA buddies drive Harleys, but I found it a little heavy - what size is yours? I'm a little intimidated by the road test too - how'd that go for you?

Kim - Lots of positive thoughts and good wishes going out to you for your race tomorrow - I know your psyched and you are ready for this, so knock 'em dead. And please do send a pic with your bib number - it's inspiring to see someone really pursuing the dream.

Amy & Kelly - Alright! Now that you guys inspired me to use my elliptical faithfully, one of you switches to swimming and the other goes to camp!!! What goes here???

Not keeping up with the Olympics, but I will when there is figure skating, you bet - still working on those cabinets (bluesers) moved some of them into the room they're going into, plus harvesting the garden, visiting patients, keeping an eye on the stock market (crash?), blah, blah. But what I am most proud of is that I am keeping my commitment to working out twice a day. Mornings alternate between weights and walking and evenings are 30 minutes elliptical and abs. And, another pound appears to have left the scene, so I think this is my formula.

That's enough to last til Monday I think.

Stay OP, drink your water, move it!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 08-16-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #239  

Height: 5'7"

Dora, I just have to say I love reading your posts here. You are absolutely the best replyer around, you manage to acknowledge nearly everybody and put us in a little narrative and tie us together, and you're so upbeat and wonderful!

I just wanted you to know that!

PS: I lost 2.6 this week, which would have been a bigger loss than I saw all through the challenge! Funny how so many of us are seeing these successes after the challenge!

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 08-16-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #240  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Well today I got my order in and one of the size 12 pants fits perfectly, and the other one is only about an inch away from fitting properly! I am almost a size 12! How in the world has that happened?? We are in uncharted territory, people!

Way to go on the size 12, awesome!