Old 08-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #121  

Height: 5'7"

When you don't like dairy and cheese much to begin with, it's not so bad The only thing I miss is eggs, but I hear that you can scramble tofu much like eggs with pretty convincing results. I am very lucky in that my husband is perfectly happy to eat whatever I cook, meat or no meat - he knows he's lucky I cook for him anyway, and otherwise he'd be stuck eating plain rice and peanut butter on toast (the extent of his cooking abilities)!

Definitely try the butternut tacos. I am trying to get everyone to try them. I was so impressed - they really are meaty, filling things. It sounds weird but it is so wonderful! And of course let me know if you decide to try them, someone should probably tell me if I'm actually crazy
Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 237/228/192

Height: 5'11-15/16"

Oh my goodness. If you can turn down free food, you are a better person than I am. That is definitely my achilles heel.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #123  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Congratulations to everyone!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I am very lucky in that my husband is perfectly happy to eat whatever I cook, meat or no meat - he knows he's lucky I cook for him anyway
That's the definition of a good husband.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #125  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

My DH would probably shrivel up and die on a vegan diet. During the winter his idea of a vegetable (not including potatoes fried in some way shape or form) is ketchup. I get a little luckier during the summer when he will eat fresh garden peas and cucumbers. He won't eat any pasta or rice either. Drives me insane.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #126  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
THAT should have been your comeback for the bike ride...."I am not obese!"
You are truly hilarious!

Julia - congrats on the loose pants!

DORA- YOU ARE ONE HOT MAMA!
You lost SOOOO much in your midsection, also - your shoulders and arms look great!

Last edited by vixjean; 08-13-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #127  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
I really want to wait for a couple of weeks to weigh but I started counting calories this week and I know it's going to drive me crazy knowing if it's working or not...which will lead to me obsessing about it....which will lead to me weighing more often...which will stress me out and want to binge.....vicious cycle, isn't it? I guess that means I should really try it.
I'm the same Karen. It is quite a vicious cycle. I am definitely staying off the scale until the next one. I've been fighting myself for two days now.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #128  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I am very lucky in that my husband is perfectly happy to eat whatever I cook, meat or no meat - he knows he's lucky I cook for him anyway, and otherwise he'd be stuck eating plain rice and peanut butter on toast (the extent of his cooking abilities)!
WOW, my hubby won't eat a meal without some type of meat on his plate...he says it was the way he was raised (but he always says his parents struggled financially growing up, so how could they always afford meat for 3 meals a day for 5 people? [1 mom, 1 dad, and 3 boys]).....who knows.....

but we HAVE to have some type of ground meat in the sauce to have spaghetti, bacon or sausage with eggs or pancaakes...i think his only exception i have noticed so far (in 9 years)....is he does eat cereal with milk and doesn't 'require' meat for that meal...lol
Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #129  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Dora--I'm sure I won't say anything different than anyone else but I still want to say it. You look great! Your face is thinner and your stomach & arms are smaller.

Mandey--You look fantastic. Definitely can see the difference in your tummy!

Amy--Swimming is awesome for exercise. It is a full body workout. I think I may get back to it at some point.

Favorite op treat--Too many. Like Nori & Jo: I love natural peanut butter right off the spoon. Fruit too: bananas, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon, mango, peaches.

Fave healthy dinners--
spaghetti (ww spaghetti noodles, ground turkey, roasted veggie pasta sauce)

spaghetti (ww spaghetti noodles, vegan meatballs, roasted veggie pasta sauce)

turkey lasgna (ww lasagna noodles, part skim mozza cheese, grated parmesan cheese, ground turkey, plain pasta sauce, lowfat cottage cheese)

corn casserole (eggbeaters, jiffy corn bread, nsa corn, nsa creamed corn, lf sour cream, lowfat cheddar)

mexican chicken salad (black beans, corn, lf sour cream, chili powder, shredded chicken)

pizza (ww pizza crust, plain pasta sauce, part skim mozza cheese, onions)

pizza (ww pizza crust, plain pasta sauce, spinach, feta cheese)

pizza (ww pizza crust, plain pasta sauce, part skim mozza cheese, meatless pepperoni)

any flavor of chicken sausage or turkey sausage with any flavor of couscous

turkey burger on ww bun with spinach and provolone with steamed veggies.

marinated skinless chicken breast and baked sweet potato

Okay I need to stop now because I am getting hungry.

Last edited by Shay; 08-14-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #130  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey guys.. im on a high... i just got back from my swimming.. I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks.. and today i did it..

woohoo... i swam for 2 hours... i got the kids to school and was outta there before the bell.. lol ... so i was at the pool at 9:05am.. jumped straight in did a few easy laps then got into it.. next thing i know it was 10 minutes to 11 ( did i mention i love swimming?? lol).. .. so i did a few more easy laps got out just after 11 .. rinsed off grab a coffee( sugar free skinny one of course ) and got back to leah at 11.32.. .. woohoo..

got home put in my efforts in to calories king and found out i burned 1700 calories.. yippeee. yeah i know im in the silly mood at the moment .. lol...
i was starving so on the way home i grabbed some sushi rolls for lunch ..
i had a small banana and half a punnet of strawberries for breaky so.. so far im having a great day.... im still hungry so im gonna cook up some chicken breast and have some salad too so big lunch today .. but i prefer to have a big lunch and smaller dinner anyway..

JOSEPHINE.... you rock girl.. like anyone had a chance with you around.. lol.. and to my fellow bluesters.. great effort girls.. its amazing how much we all lost.. ( im talking about all teams) you guys are amazing.. and i hope you are all proud of yourselves..
for all the millions sitting on the backside gaining weight .. we are the champions.. since there are so few of us trying to make a difference.. compared to the amount of over weight people out there..

BE proud..

I love some of the vegan stuff. i found a chickpea and spinach sausge in coles.. that is awsome.. my daughter will eat them.. which is great since she cant have normal sausages.. but loves them.. anyway ladies.. i plan on having a swim every thursday while Leah is in pre-entry kindergarten ..

I am even considering looking into a gym believe it or not.. lol .. the swim centre has a gym upstairs and since the staff are so good there im starting to think about it.. ( yeah i know me in a gym.. omg .. lol.. i was so anti gym b4) but i know they do aerobics classes thursday morning.. and i could do that then come down and shower and swim.. lol.. For now im gonna swim for a while and when i find it easy ill move to the classes.. but so i dont drown myself.. ill get my swimming fitness up first.

I love my elliptical but im bored with it... and needed something else
ok ill shut up now ..
Old 08-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #131  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

wow, amy sounds like a great workout! our pools here on post are open till the beginning of Sept and I have lived in this house 2 years and STILL never been up there...wow! well maybe i should try to venture up there soon before i start school next week and DD starts the week after...will be interesting wrangling a 5 y/o and 2 y/o at a pool...thank goodness it has a kiddie pool area that we can play in, since my son isnt fond of deeper water. but my daughter has learned to love water slides wonder if they let 5 y/o's go alone on their slide?? we'll have to go find out. too bad i cant get a good workout swimming, but that would mean a sitter....oh well.
have fun at the pool, swim some laps for me lol
Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #132  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Wow Amy! 2 hours! That's awesome! I am actually kinda scared of water because of my BAD BAD experience with it when I was younger...so swimming is out the door. I did take lessons for 6 months but I still suck and I can be kinda competitive so the fact that I suck at it keeps me away from it. :P

I stick with my workout DVD's because it gives me a chance to work out while my DD takes a nap. Sometimes time flies and I can't even tell how much time flies...

Oh, Jaime, I was wondering where everyone saw your butternut squash taco...checked out your blog and linked your blog under my blogroll. It looks really yummy, making me hungry. I love any kind of squash... Buttercup squash was my fav last winter. I really will have to try this recipe!

I'm finally caught up in everything at work that I have tiny bit time to get on here...which is great.

Shay, while reading your list, I realized that it's really time to go grocery shopping for me. I LOOOVE sweet potatoes, too! AND I'm getting hungry...

Armywife, cereal with milk was funny!

More personals to come later...hopefully tonight before I go home.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #133  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

First off, CONGRATS TO JOSEPHINE AND ALL THE REST OF THE WINNERS! As far as I'm concerned, everyone that stuck it out (losses or not) are winners!

Tara: I hope court went well. You are doing great!

Chiquita: it sounds like you did the best you could.

suitejudyblueeyes: you are the exact opposite of me, I HATE eggs but love dairy and cheese! That's great that your hubby is so cooperative...a lot of guys aren't so much.

I know you guys don't know me, I was on the black team and "hi" to the black team!!! but I'm going to be on either the blue or the red team next round, so "hi" to all you, too! It seems like everyone is benefitting from the shared experience of weight loss, myself included.

Have you all seen "How To Look Good Naked" on Lifetime? My hubby and I love that show. No, you don't see any skin.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #134  

So I know a bunch of you are swearing off the scales between challenges... which is admirable, I'd get way too curious! Plus going to my WW meetings mean I weigh weekly anyway... So I figure I'll just keep going forward with my weekly WIs and my mid-week peeking at home. Point of this is that I peeked this morning and nearly fainted when I saw 189.8... one EIGHTY nine... one EIGHTY nine! My WL typically moves slow so this sudden burst of losing 2 pounds a week is really catching me off guard. I am not complaining though! I guess I'm doing something right!

armywife - meat cereal might be a little off-putting, even for the most committed of omnivores!

Amy - That swim sounds awesome! Good for you getting out there. I am hoping we're about to move to a place with a pool, even if it's just seasonal it'd be a nice occasional change in the summer. Swimming is SUCH good exercise.

Tara - I'm glad you found the recipe for them. I am going to make them yet again either tonight or tomorrow... Depends on how long I can make myself wait. I hope you enjoy them!

troo - hate eggs? no way! travesty! I haven't even heard of that show, what is it about?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Well just wanted to drop in and say HI! I also am from the black team but soon to be either Blue or Red I decided to let someone else make that decision as I have only been in 2 challenges and both times on black team.

Trooworld I have watched the "How to look good naked" show and it really does give some good pointers and does make you realize your actual size because women always think they are bigger than they really are???

I do have a question I know there is a link that tells you how to download a picture in your avator but can't seem to find it right now, can anyone send me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch

Better get to work so everyone have a great day