Old 07-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default congrat's to you all

from a blue team member - CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #317  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello teamies. I have to say I am so disappointed...yesterday, I called the pool to see if I needed to get there early for water aerobics and they said that they weren't having the classes because they had no teacher this summer. I called around to the other pools and only one had any classes. That pool is like 20-25 minutes away and I don't know if I want to spend the gas money to go, I may just go to the closest pool (12 minutes away) and do laps. The only problem with that is that the last time I did that, I realized exactly how hard it was to do. I remember being a kid and being able to swim forever, when I went the last time, halfway through a lap I had to turn on my back and swim back like that. I just don't have the money to be spending on gas right now.

Yesterday was a perfect on plan day. For breakfast, I made turkey bacon frittatas in muffin tins and had one of those with V8 juice and nonfat plain yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder. For lunch, I had a baked chicken breast and steamed broccoli. I had a snack of a cheese stick and more broccoli. Then for dinner, my hubby made blackened tuna with mixed greens and a lemon dressing. I was totally satisfied and felt so much better than I have recently. I also drank my goal amount of water. I hope today is just as successful.

How is everyone doing? Soul, are you out there lurking? Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #318  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Hey everyone--
Of course after being up 2 lbs with water weight yesterday and taking a freebie, I get on the scale this morning and I am ddoowwnn! Tomorrow marks 2 weeks with the bodybugg and I am down an additional 3.6 lbs! That brings me to 7 lbs in 2 weeks! I would've been happy maintaining with TOM and being sick (which meant skipping the gym). Boy, do I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bodybugg! Greatest weight-loss device ever created!!

Also, I got a new (to me) car last night! 2007 Sonata! It's beautiful! So all this good balances out with the fact that I had my phone lost/stolen this weekend. I have theft insurance, but the company is HORRIBLE. They want to give me what they called a not new, not used, not refurbished older version of my phone...whatever that means! Oh, and they wanted me to pay $50 for it. I have no problem paying the deductible for a new phone, but not a crappy old one! So, I said screw that! I canceled the insurance and bit the bullet and bought a new one online. What a bunch of crap! Also, it's the end of the month too, so work is insane! I would say, for now, my life has some balance!
Tara, I never got a chance to tell you, the change is amazing! You are beautiful!
Chris, that's too bad about the water aerobics class! When I can't get to the gym, I water walk, hold on to the edge and kick my legs, swim slowly, etc. You don't have to swim fast to get a workout. Any resistance against the water works. My bf walks laps across the pool to get more resistance than walking on the treadmill, maybe you could try that! Congrats on the OP day! Don't they feel good? Let one turn into two, three, etc!
Julia, have you done the 30 Day Shred yet? I am just wondering how it went!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you are having a great week!
I see someone congratulating us, but the results haven't been announced yet...Did we win???

Bye for now...
Misty

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 07-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Default Please Read Me!!!!

STOP AND READ THIS PLEASE!!!

I wanted to be the one to tell you all first so that you didn't hear this secondhand from anyone else. This will be the last Biggest Loser Challenge that I am the Black Team Leader for. Some of you have been around in past challenges know that I used to be UBER-involved with the team and with the challenges. However, our photography business has really taken off and I feel that it's best that my time and efforts be fully put into that. Not to say that I won't want to participate in future challenges, but because our buisness involves travelling, it wouldn't be fair of me as a leader to have to look for people every week who could do the spreadsheets and post the results, ya know? I haven't been able to participate as a leader as much as I would have liked to this time around. So in all fairness to my team mates and to the other participants in the challenge I feel that it's only right that you have a team leader who is so much more involved than I have been able to be.

I know that this is a really, really terrible time to bring this up (2 weeks before the end of this round). But word had gotten to Chellez that I was considering leaving after this challenge and she needed to know for sure before the challenge was over so that she could do arrangeing and such. So, I didn't want you all to find out through a FAQ thread or on one of the other threads.

I am SO proud of all of you and for the GREAT team relationship you all have formed. I wish you continued success on your weight-loss journeys.

And, I'm still here for the next 2 weeks... and plan for our team to finish up with a bang!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #320  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Julz - I am excited for you that business is doing well. You sure are that you are leaving big shoes to fill. You are doing a wonderful job. Many blessings to you on your adventure/endevour in photography. I will be honoured to be on the same team as you next time.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Team! I don't have much time so I won't be able to catch up on any personals but I do want to say

Julz you will be missed as a team leader for sure but on the other hand congratulations on your business taking off so well. Hopefully you will still join in on the challenges in the future if time allows.
I will try to get on her tomorrow but no guarantee because we have to get a tire on DH motorcycle tomorrow evening about 60 miles away but I will try. Have a great night
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Jessica - Very odd about the static. Is the treadmill on a mat? I'd request some kind of anti-static mat to put under the machine. There are anti-static sprays that work fairly well, too. In my old job I dealt with electronics and we used to have trouble in homes with Pergo flooring. Does the gym have Pergo??

Manick - You're kicking fanny!! Awesome job!! Our tomatoes are JUST starting to get ripe. I'll make the pepper recipe as soon as I have enough.

Tara - You look FAB!!

Julz - Best of luck to you in all you do!!

Soul - Congratulations on being out biggest loser!! How are you doing??

Ceegee - I'm taking your advice and just chilling. I've been driving myself CRAZY!!! Deep breaths . . . relax . . . .

I'm trying to make healthy choices but I'm not logging my Points. I am working out regularly. I'll do the 5k this week and we've been biking the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes. It's AMAZING. We average 30 - 35 miles a day. Here is the link if anybody's interested. http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/...railCDAWeb.pdf

Hope everybody is doing well!!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #323  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Just a quick flyby for now. Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday.

Julz - You have been a great leader. I hope to see you in future challenges. Good luck in all you do. I am so envious of photographers. I am so bad at it and wish so much I could take good pics. They don't have to be fantastic - just good!!

I'll check back in later.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

so quiet in here!

Good luck Julz!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #325  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Blueyed: congrats on the new car! It's exciting to get a new one, isn't it? Well, I did find a place that offers "total body conditioning in the water" so I went yesterday and this morning (go girl!!! ) and that was pretty good. It's only 3 days a week, though, but maybe one or two other days I can just walk in the water, like you suggested, or swim. In the Fall/Winter, they only offer the class 2 days a week, but I will still go if school allows. OP day feels fabulous. I had another one yesterday except for 1 rum & diet coke.

Julz: sorry to hear you won't be the team leader the next time. Good luck in your business, it sounds like you don't need the luck though, you've got the talent!

Hi everyone else. It IS awfully quiet...everyone just busy?
Old 07-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

Hey-she says sheepishly after a week or so of not showing her face

I have to tell you about my past week and then maybe you wont all kick me out of here...
It started out being a great week I came here ready to participate more-exercise more and eat better. All went well until Wednesday when my city puts on a HUGE party for July 24th that starts well before and goes way past. I snuck some ice cream Wednesday night but didn't feel at all guilty because I had done so well and I will ALWAYS have to eat my ice cream so I allow it. Then Thursday my brother and his family came in for a quick visit-which turned into my worst nightmare. We went swimming and all was well I was chasing my 17 month old around and keeping an eye on my other 2. I turned around and noticed my nephew (2 years old) in the dead mans float (that is a HORRIBLE name for it, but I can see where it got its name now). I scooped him up to find that he was not breathing and I had to do CPR on him. Thankfully I was able to get him back and he is fine now but in all my 11 years of certification I never EVER thought that it would effect me as much as it did. No amount of certification and courses could have prepared me for such a sight. I mentioned earlier that I was having issues sleeping and many of you offered suggestions-thanks too-but my sleeping issues have changed from not being able to fall asleep to not wanting to even close my eyes. I can replay every second of those few min. and do-all day and night. I have heard that writting things down will help and I need to try everything. My body is purely exhausted from lack of sleep. It did help to go back to the pool with my kids and have an uneventful day and slowly I think it is getting better. My brother and his family left on Friday and the rest of the weekend was without incident and we were able to enjoy (somewhat) the festivities of the parade and rodeo. It was nice to have something take my mind off of everything for a while too.

Needless to say I have not felt like doing much lately, but I need to so here I am. I am pleased to say that even with the rodeo food, parade, and fair food I maintained YAY! Now I have a LOT to catch up on-I have more company (all adults though) coming this weekend and back to school shopping to do, but I will stick it out and loose!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest-maybe it will save me from a shrink

ETA:
Okay so I am now caught up!

Julz you have been a great leader and I wish you the best!
I am totally jelous of the tomatoes, but my plants have TONS of green ones so hopefully I will be eating them soon-I picked 3 HUGE zucchni last night and noticed that there are 3 more out there just about ready. I also have a pepper just about there I have eatten lots of spinach and my beets are getting there-I LOVE GARDENS!

Troo-I taught water aerobics for 5 years if you want me to write up a workout for you I would be more than happy to-then you don't have to swim laps

Last edited by smurf2110; 07-30-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #327  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Congratulations SoulBliss!!! Black Team Biggest Loser for Week 13!!!

Congrats to all losers for Week 13!!!

Last edited by Cheree; 07-30-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #328  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Does anyone know when the next challenge is? Just curious.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #329  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
Does anyone know when the next challenge is? Just curious.
According to Diva in the "TBL "Just Beachy" Challenge FAQ" thread, "The new challenge will start when the show does in Sept. Check out this forum for announcements a week or so before that."

Last edited by Cheree; 07-30-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #330  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Smurf... I'm so sorry you had to go through that. As a mother of 2 year old, just thinking about that breaks my heart... Hope you will get to feel better because lack of sleep can really hurt you in the long run...

So...this week is going pretty hard on me... Too tired. I did get to do C25K yesterday but I couldn't do anything else after that and I had to get up at 545 so I needed to get some rest... This is only second week I decided to work out at least an hour per day and already having a hard time because of that. Blah... Well, I got my new scale today finally! I measured my body fat and it was really exciting bc it's been almost 2 months since the last time. Well... I lost about 12.9% of body fat and came out as 32.9%. When I started back in March, it was 45%! Not sure if that's really possible or not but I know I got lots of muscle now compared to then. I can actually see my muscle on arms and legs when not even thinking about it... so I'm pretty darn happy about it.

Well, before it gets too late, I should go and try to do some walking. Can't wait till this week is over so I can get to my usual routine...