Old 08-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #436  

Default Break On Thru To The Other Side

yes that's right...I ENTERRED ONDERLAND THIS MORNING

I cannot believe it but I stood on the scale extra long just staring at the number!

Mannick, where were you with your camera????? Congrats to you for your great weigh-in!!

And while this TBL challenge is over, my weight loss journey is not. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Glitter, great idea!!

Starting weight: 211
Challenge goal weight: didn't have one
Final Weight: 199 woooohooooo
Total weight loss: 12 lbs
Starting size:
Challenge goal size:
Final size:

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was...for the commaderie (sp?) and to stay focused over the summer months

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...a number of trips and social functions

I overcame it by...who said I overcame it??? I tried to make the healthiest choices I could at that time...sometimes I succeeded...sometimes I didn't BUT I never gave up!!!

My moment of biggest triumph was when...I SAW 199 ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was...mainly with P90X. Starting August 1, I changed to more yoga-focused workouts with cardio on the elliptical

One thing I love about the black team is that...there was great support and we won our share of the challenges, didn't we???

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...nothin'

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...to journal and plan -TDP helped a lot. And when you want to munch at night, log into 3FC to keep your hands busy and your mind off food

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...

The next step in my weight loss path is...to keep doin' the same things toward reaching 160. I'm about half way there.

Last edited by angeline; 08-11-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #437  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

First off, congratulations to everyone for their weight loss this BL!!!

angeline - Congratulations for making it to onederland!!!

theresia - Glad you're going to do the next challenge, I am going to as well. I usually gain weight during the fall months (and the holidays don't help), but this year, I plan to get to my goal weight by Jan. 1! I bet you'll make great choices during your time in Sweden. It doesn't matter which team we're on, we'll all have the same sort of support (to give and receive)!

taragettingthin - WTG sticking with the BL and for realizing you can be fit! I discovered the same thing, especially by participating in the 3FC 5K's...I never thought I'd be able to do a 5K. Kick butt with your goal of losing 7-10 lbs before the next challenge starts! I want to try to lose at least 1 pound a week before the next challenge starts. We can do it!

Glitterlicious - Congrats on your 35 pound weight loss this BL!

chiquita623 - Glad you're going to participate on the next 3FC BL challenge too. I agree, no matter what team we're on, it's going to be great to have the motivation.

happy2beme - Congrats on your 10 lb loss this BL challenge!

JuliaHood - Sorry it rained on your camping trip! Congrats on your 19 pound weight loss!

I ended up with a 10.4 lb total weight loss this BL. I got off to a pretty good start, then a stall during the middle (and while I was trying to figure out if I was having thyroid issues), then stepped it up towards the end. For me, kicking up my exercise and activity helped a great deal and switching from Weight Watchers Flex to Core worked well. Also, I started going back to Weight Watcher meetings. Thanks to everyone here for the great support! WTG to those who have stayed with this the entire challenge.

Last edited by Cheree; 08-11-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #438  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone...
Over the weekend I finally hit my last goal! I got into those green cargo shorts that have been haunting me, I wore them all day!!! This challenge has been amazing for me! I can't wait until the next one! I am hoping to be down another 10 lbs by the time it starts. Good luck to everyone and I'll see ya around!

Cheree--It's Oct 2009, I've got plenty of time!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #439  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

So I realized this morning why I've been having such a bad craving and weekend. It took awhile to realize it because I take pills that gives me only 4 periods a year...but yeah, it's that time since it's my "break" week. Of course, it had to come at the last week of the challenge so I ended up with some gain..so I decided to take the freebie. Blah. I wanted to get into 170's at least but oh well. I'm kicking my butt for giving into the cravings and will work harder to lose it...
Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #440  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Angeline!!! That is great news! What a nice way to finish off the challenge!

I'll be back later today but just wanted to say
LAST WEIGH IN TODAY!!! Don't Forget!

Starting weight: 208
Challenge goal weight: didn't have one--just LOWER, preferably under 200
Final Weight: 197
Total weight loss: 11
Starting size: Ex L/16W
Challenge goal size: again, didn't really have one...but I did want to fit in a 14/16 dress that I had, I met that goal in June
Final size: 12-14 and L

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was...to have place to post my challenges and sucesses and efforts, to give and receive support from others, meet people who were interested in this topic to a high degree and not talk my family's ears off about weight loss!

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...trying to figure out calorie counting vs weight watchers and HOW to get the weight loss moving again.

I overcame it by...tracking everything on both systems for a couple months and figuring out that calorie counting gave me more control to establish what level of calorie deficit I needed to achieve to see a loss in a week's time

My moment of biggest triumph was when...I ran half of the last 3FC 5K and saw 199 on the scale! I could actually see that I was making fitness progress and progress on the scale and that all my efforts since January were finally resulting in a healthier lifestyle for me.

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...that it is no harder to eat healthy than unhealthy and I have not yet met a vegetable I didn't figure out a way to like

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was... walk, jog, free weights, workout DVDs

One thing I love about the black team is that...people are unfailingly kind and supportive

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...to work harder in the first few weeks to establish good eating habits.

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...be sure to participate in the team chat, it really encourages everyone and helps keep you on track.

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...that I do feel better when I exercise

The next step in my weight loss path is...to continue exercising and eating right and work on my flexibility and breathing so I can weight lift more efficiently, and take a yoga class
Old 08-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #441  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

ggmugsy - I'm surprised that they didn't keep the Black team going too. There have been some standout people in this group that I'm sure could have stepped in as a new leader. But then again, the Black team has always been the underdogs.

on hitting onederland angeline - that must have put a big smile on your face!

Cheree - you said you switched from WW Flex to Core. Are you doing the FF/Sugar Free stuff or just trying to keep to natural foods and cut out the sugar stuff? Did you find it easier to do Core once you got used to the food?

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-11-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #442  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
Cheree - you said you switched from WW Flex to Core. Are you doing the FF/Sugar Free stuff or just trying to keep to natural foods and cut out the sugar stuff? Did you find it easier to do Core once you got used to the food?
I'm just trying to keep to natural (non-processed) foods and I have cut out the sugar stuff for the most part. I eat very little processed food and hardly anything that contains artificial sweeteners (I do drink Diet Coke though from time to time...it's my one major vice.) I do find it easier to do Core (once I got used to the food)...I got tired of trying to figure out the points for everything I ate or drank. Sometimes it was too hard to figure out what the point values even were. I like being able to choose healthy food/drink items based on the 8 Healthy Guidelines (and the Core list) and I have a basic eating plan that I try for each day (2 milk servings, 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, 2 protein servings, lots of water, multi-vitamin, and I try for 1 grain serving a day). I do figure out the points for anything I eat that isn't a Core food and try to make sure I have no more than 4-5 of those points a day. I like being responsible for controlling what I eat by listening to my body to know when I'm hungry/when I'm not hungry, and when I'm full. I figure we'll need to be able to do that once we get to our goal weight and for the rest of our lives, so I'm incorporating all of those good habits now. HTH! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best wishes!

Last edited by Cheree; 08-11-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #443  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I've been really busy with life and don't have much time today, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I will try to jump back on later tonight and talk about my experience this challenge. to you.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well I am back from vacation and it was awesome, however I did gain 1.2 pounds so sorry not the strong finish that I wanted but I expected a gain. I did buy my new motorcycle (a chopper) and I will try to figure out how to add picture here it is red with white racing stripes, the sad thing is when I sat on it the first thing I asked everyone is "Do I look fat sitting on here?" Everyone said NOPE so I bought it.

Well I gotta get going I will try to log in tomorrow morning have a great night
Old 08-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

hi team!

busy long weekend...will check in tomorrow!