Old 08-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Good Morning!
I weigh in today, down one pound finally.. Losing slowly now.. Since I started 30 Day Shred 45 days ago I've lost 8 pounds, I'm happy with that.
Have a nice day!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #347  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi all! I haven't been posting much this week, sorry! I've been CRAZY busy at work, but hopefully I'll be able to get on this weekend. Happy Friday, all!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #348  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Friday and it's 5K weekend! Whoooo!

Of course, I woke up to RAIN...

I will see if the sun comes out on the weekend as I'd rather do the 5K outside and I am not willing to get my new shoes muddy.

Today I will do the Level 1, 30-day Shred again.

Dinner was good, DH loved it all and I ate a tiny bit of everything but the corn. No corn. Still 199 today (not a surprise) but worth it to me in the grand scheme of things. HOWEVER...I really need to step it up before Monday or I'll still be 199!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hiya Team!

Busy day at home with the boys--I am pooped, lol! I'd die if I was a stay at home mom. By wednessday I'd be trying to nap while they ran around me.

Manick - I make pesto with very little oil. And I mean little. I use some of the pasta water as my liquid. Yummmmmmm!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Manick - Your rain is pulling into my place.

Jessica & Smurf: I ran the 3FC 5K this morning. My very first one!! I was very happy with my time of 37:45. There is this one really long stretch with no shade trees. It's where I sing, "Just keep swimming" to myself and watch the ground. Today the ground seemed VERY hot and endless and I started thinking I could die out there just like the people do in Death Valley. Then, I'd be doing the "Dead Man's Float" instead of my "Just Keep Swimming" song. I nearly started laughing out loud!!

We are still laying laminate in our bedroom and I'm LOVING it. I'll post a pic when it's finished!!

Hope everybody is having a happy, healthy, OP weekend!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #351  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Oh Ceegee do tell! What is your pesto method? I am interested! The one I made yesterday was a topper for olive bread and I just made a tiny bit and froze the rest of the whirled basil/nuts/little bit of oil (I add cheese when I thaw it)so I would not have any extra sitting around tempting me! But we have tons of basil out there so I'd love to know a healthier pesto. I can eat basil straight, I love to toss it in with salad greens but DH requires a bit of cheese.

Mugsy I ended up doing my3FC 5k today after all, the sun sorta came out and I decided it was a good day for it, no shred today. That is a great time you did it in, you should be very proud of yourself... I am pleased to note that my 199 lb self could actually keep up with you now Of course, now it is raining again in Oregon too so I'm glad I seized the moment. Love seeing pics...do post!

I need to go report in on the 5K thread...I tried taking pics of myself but since I was by myself, they are more or less successful, sort of humorous. I was COMPLETELY inspired today by Josephine's (blue team) blog
and so I decided rain or shine I should get out there today after that dinner fest last night. I also took some "before" shots of me in my workout gear which I will likely not post anywhere until I have made more significant progress. I cannot WAIT to be an "after". THIS is my year. I am realizing that it really is a matter of just getting out there and making it happen.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #352  

HI Black Team:
Julz: I will miss you as a leader, and great job on your photography business.

Smurf: It was a very good thing you were there. One thing that helps me when my mind gets stuck on something is to imaginea dvd player and eject the memory and replace it with something else. It sounds really weird,a t least it did to me when I heard about it, but it does work.

Everyone else hope you have a great week.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #353  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

smurf: Que terible! Man, that must have been frightening. I bet you thought you'd never have to use your CPR training, it's a good thing you got it. I remember learning CPR in high school on dummies. I'm glad everything turned out okay. I would *love* it if you could write something up WHEN YOU GET SOME FREE TIME , no rush, I am going to be doing the classes for now, but it would be nice to do some on my own for a 4th or 5th day a week. Thank you!

Manick: your cooking is out of control!!! Wow! Lucky man. The water classes were fun this past week. I went 3 times. I was the youngest person in the class but everyone was welcoming. It was a different teacher than is usually there, they said this one was more challenging than the regular one. I hope that isn't true, the one that we had was just right. But if it doesn't work out, I can always do some laps or some aerobics on my own.

Soul: WHERE ARE YOU GIRL? We miss you!

chiquita: how did it go at the nutritionist? I've always wanted to go to one but our insurance won't pay for it. Your 5 year old granddaughter...that is so funny!

theresia: Congrats on your accomplishment. Way to stick with it!

ceegee: your pesto sounds like a great idea. You should post it on the food thread, if you haven't already. I want to use it!

mugsy: Way to go on the 5K. You did it!

Hello everyone else...I hope you are having a lovely Friday. It was a beautiful day in San Diego today, not too hot and definitely not too cold. I did some babysitting for a friend and then paid rent (that's never fun!) and before I knew it, it was time to pick up hubby from work. We had a nice dinner: I made a spinach salad with avocado, grape tomatoes, reduced fat feta and shrimp that I dusted with pepper and garlic powder and then sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil and butter. I made a simple dressing of olive oil and lemon juice with black pepper. It tasted so fresh and healthy. HOWEVER...I must admit that I am drinking a rum and diet pepsi right now.

No water aerobics class today, it's only tues, weds and thurs. Next week I may go another day to just swim. School starts on Monday, just one of my classes starts then, the rest start on 8/25. I am worried about it, it's grad school and that's intimidating...everyone says grad school is so hard and most of the time, I don't feel "adequate" when it comes to brains. But I will get through it, I suppose. I didn't think I would make it through my undergraduate and I did (with good grades, too!). I WILL PERSEVERE! I love saying that, my hubby said that growing up, his mom always told him and his sister to persevere. I hear her in my mind telling me that. It's a good mantra. Diet is going well, I think I will post a loss this week (crosses fingers).

Have a great weekend if I'm not on here!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #354  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Oh my goodness, ladies! Our time together is nearly through, and I'm a little sad about that!

I went to my doctor's appointment today, as my second checkup since I started losing weight in March. She was so happy that I've been able to lose 46 pounds since then (ticker not updated until "official" WW weigh-in), but my blood pressure's still higher than it should be - 140/96 today. So after talking about it since January, I finally went on blood pressure meds. She has me on a 5mg dose of Norvasc, and I'm starting tomorrow. Does anyone else take that, and if so, what are your experiences? I'm always a little scared of taking new medications.

Other than that, things are good, but very busy! Sometimes, though, it feels like I put so much time and effort into losing weight, that I have little time to do much else. I know that for right now, it needs to be my main focus, but hopefully as I get closer to my goal, I'll be able to concentrate on other things, as well...

Anyway, I've got to go to bed - good night!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:19 AM   #355  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

GOOD MORNIG TEAM

Trying to get focused on packing for camping. But tooo many distractions. Trying to pre-cook as much as possible so there will be less work. Gotta go finish shopping. We will be gone til Friday afternoon. Can someone PM me to remind me to WI sometime Sat or Sun. That would be awesome.

Soul - Hoping that your feeling ok. Is your daughter home yet or was she gone for 2+ weeks. Sending ya many hugs!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 08-02-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #356  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Finally it's weekend...and my week has been crazy. I'm so tired..going back to work to the normal schedule tomorrow! Yay! I can finally go back to my normal eating and workout schedule.... I haven't been able to eat well at all this week...and in return, I got constipation along with a painful visitor from it. It sucks because I can't even work out because of that. I haven't worked out for 2 days and it's driving me crazy...but it's difficult to even walk...so how can I run and lift and do squats... I think I know what it is but I may have to go see talk to my doc. Hope I am not going to gain...from all this bad food and no workout.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #357  
Determined to succeed!

S/C/G: 204.4/181/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi Everyone,

Long time no see as they say. If some of you remember me at the beginning of this challenge I was doing pretty well but ran into terrible problems with my mom and dad (Mom to a nursing home, Dad in the hospital with deadly infection) and I simply did not have the time to even look at the computer, much less turn it on. I hope you all will understand that I really wanted to complete this challenge but life sort of got in the way. Dad is over the infection now but will have heart surgery on Monday. Mom is in the nursing home and unhappy which makes us all unhappy. Things are slowly getting better though thank goodness.

I am proud of all of you and your hard work. I came straight here and have not looked anywhere else on the site. If there is another challenge I want to give it a try and hope to see you all there!

Thanks for your kind thoughts and words to me in the past. You will never know how much it means to me. Good luck to everyone and super congratulations to all for your hard work!!

Ann
Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #358  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hey BLACK team!!!!

A lot of us are Plurking! I am thinking this is a good way to keep in touch in between challenges. Just click on my plurk in my siggy and make an account. If ya want. I'n not trying to be the boss of you or anything, hehe!

I hope ALL of you return to the next challenge, prolly sometime in Sept! Well unless you've met goal, then I suppose you'll be in the Maintainers lounge.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #359  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Wooo hooo! Welcome to Plurk Manick! It's my evil plan to have all of black plurking too! Along with the red team, of course!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #360  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Manick and ggmugsy for completing your 3FC 5K's!

ggmugsy - Looking forward to seeing a pic of your bedroom when it's finished.

Hi theresia, just keep swimming, ceegee, and Bette k!!!

reda355 - Hope you are having fun at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and congrats on your loss for the week!

trooworld - Your spinach salad sounded delish!!! You sound like a very good and creative cook. Good luck with your upcoming classes. You're going to kick butt!!!!

staja - Wow, congrats for your 46 pound loss since March, that is awesome!!! I can totally relate to spending so much time on weight loss...I feel the same. I'm currently unemployed (looking for a job), so I do have more time to work on this whole weight loss thing than I have in the past, but our health is benefitting in so many ways...it's a great use of our time!

JuliaHood - Have a great time on your camping trip!!!

taragettingthin - Glad you're able to get back to your normal schedule.

Gambaru - Will keep you and your Mom and Dad in my prayers and thoughts...family does come first. Very sorry you couldn't continue with this BL challenge, but will look forward to seeing you at the next one.

I completed my 3FC 5K this morning. This was my third 3FC 5K. I don't know my time from the one I completed over Memorial Day weekend (the posting with my time in it got lost in the great 3FC crash), but my July 4th 3FC 5K time (mostly walking with some jogging) was 49:05. This morning I did it in 48:43. I was happy with my results. I hope to keep beating my time each 5K. I find these 3FC 5K's (thanks to EZMONEY/Gary) very motivating. Congrats to all fellow Black Team Members for their great 3FC 5K results!!!

I started back to Weight Watchers last Sunday (I'm a WW lifetimer over my goal weight), so that helped to motivate me and I had a really good week. I have been losing, but too slowly. Since the results of my physical in July really did not show that I had a thyroid problem, I decided I just needed to work even harder at losing weight and getting healthy. So I've been eating more vegetables and fruits; upped my water intake; upped my exercising and activities; ate hardly any processed foods; and tried to eat organic whenever possible.....dug my heels in to really stay committed and my efforst are paying off...this will be my best weight loss week of the challenge.

I'm going to get my Biggest Loser goal and will still stay on course to get to my final weight goal (thinking positive here) - and then beyond. I know this is a lifetime change. Though I haven't done as well as I would have liked to have done this Biggest Loser (I had to adjust my BL goal), I know I'm much better off than I would have been. Thank you Black Team members and to the organizers of the 3FC Biggest Loser Challenges.

Last edited by Cheree; 08-03-2008 at 06:23 PM.