Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #361  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

staja: I don't have any experience with that medication, I don't have high blood pressure, but my hubby does and the doc had to change his medicine like 4 times before he finally got one that worked for him. I heard that this is common to have to try so many different kinds. I hope this first one works for you.

Julia: I love camping! What have you come up with to eat that can fit into the diet? I can never figure out anything and end up eating things like chili cheese fritos and hot dogs and Doritos. I hope you do better than me! Have fun. Are you going in mountains or by a lake or where?

Gambaru: sorry to hear that your mom is unhappy and that your dad is so sick still. I hope things work out for you better and that you can enjoy the next challenge.

Cheree: thank you. You might notice that I always talk about food/what I am eating...can you tell that I am a food addict? Seriously, I need to stop thinking about food all day and night. Congrats on doing your 5K! And you decreased your time, you must be "practicing". I admire you folks that can jog the 5Ks. I could walk them but that's about it. That's great that you went back to WW. It sounds like you have a good plan and a kick-butt attitude towards weightloss.

Man, I am tired. I just did 5 hours worth of work, 3 of which were on a phone conversation while taking notes. My eyes are bleary and I am going to go collapse in my bed and sleep in (hopefully, if the dog or cat don't wake me up!). I had such a busy day today, I didn't even have time to eat really. I ate some scrambled eggs and turkey bacon at breakfast, then I didn't eat anything again until about 2:00pm when I had a cheese stick and a handful of almonds. Then, no food until about 7:00pm. I was in an online training session for school and my hubby brought me a celery stick with Laughing Cow spread in it. Isn't he sweet? Then he made some fantastic Taco Soup, which I had a bowl of when I got done (at 8:00pm).

I will try to check in tomorrow sometime, but I am going to be pretty busy again tomorrow. Have a good night/day everyone! Sleep with the gods/God!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #362  

Hiya Team Members...I know long time no see. I've popped in occassionally to skim some posts here and there and to enter my weight each week but that's been it. It's high time I make some time to post.

Mannick - any word on those yoga classes?

I've decided it's time to change my workout focus as of this month. I'm putting aside the P90X for a while and make my workouts more yoga-focused. My body (and mind) seems to want to go in that direction. I've been thinking about it for a month now and the beginning of August seems like a fine time to make that change.

I will continue to use Coresynergistics from P90X weekly though. Love that workout - it's sooooo tough and I can see real progress. Actually I can see great strength improvements from P90X. I just need a change.

So, my goal is to go back to the Y and use the machines for cardio, incorporate yoga (making one of those sessions Coresynergistics and one a live yoga class and supplement the others with my yoga DVDs). I'm pretty excited about the change. We're travelling a lot this month and I have a bit going on during the week so I hesitate to say X number of cardio and X number of yoga. But I'll go out on a limb and shoot for 3-4 of both per week.

I'm also excited to say the scale FINALLY moved for this week's weigh-in!!! Down 2 which makes it a total of 10 lbs for TBL challenge. I'm looking for the next TBL challenge.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Hey Team!!! It's

WEIGH-IN DAY
!!!!

Don't forget to edit your weigh in posts! Only ONE MORE WEIGH-IN AFTER TODAY!!!! Can you even believe it????
Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I hope everybody has a great weigh in today.

Troo - I agree about your spinach salad. It sounds wonderful!

Well, here is the floor!! We haven't put the trim on and our furniture is still in my son's bedroom, but I LOVE IT!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02126.jpg (25.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #365  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Mindy..your new floors are beautiful!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #366  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Oooh so pretty, Mugsy! Enjoy! Don't you love the feel of smooth, bare floors?

Just popping in...will be back later. Had a sick dog this morning she is shaking like she's having some sort of seizure..? Ugh. She's at the Vet now. AND it's DH's birthday and she's his "baby"...hopefully she will be OK. I am working this AM too, power panel blew out in one of the sterile labs at work so we are waiting for the electrition to show up. Hoping I can get out for some exercise later, but its not looking likely at this point I may settle for a walk at lunch.

I have a list of yoga classes to check out this month, Angeline!

Have a good Monday Black team!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #367  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Manick - I hope your dog is OK!

I'm doing my Midsummer's Night 5k tonight (a little late, but better late than never, right?). Better hurry, cause there's already a sign-up thread for the next one!

What's plurking?

Last edited by just keep swimming; 08-04-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks everybody!! I'm cleaning carpets today. The dirty carpets against the fresh, clean floor is totally depressing.

I'm with Jessica - what's plurking??

Manick - Tell DH happy b'day from us!! Hope your pooch is okay and feeling better soon.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #369  
Mind over platter

http://www.plurk.com/user/Manick
It's like being able to shoot a one-line response out anytime to all your friends via instant message at the same time, but they can respond or not respond as they feel like as it appears on your profile. You can be private or public, just muse out loud or not. Kind of like modern poetry or those magnetic fridge "feelings" kits that used to be so popular. Blue and Red are using it to check in between challenges and keep up on off topic ideas and such...Black is sadly under-represented...jump on in! Add me as a friend and you'll get the hang of it!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #370  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
http://www.plurk.com/user/Manick
It's like being able to shoot a one-line response out anytime to all your friends via instant message at the same time, but they can respond or not respond as they feel like as it appears on your profile. You can be private or public, just muse out loud or not. Kind of like modern poetry or those magnetic fridge "feelings" kits that used to be so popular. Blue and Red are using it to check in between challenges and keep up on off topic ideas and such...Black is sadly under-represented...jump on in! Add me as a friend and you'll get the hang of it!
I signed up for a Plurk account...I invited you to be a friend (I'm "cheree" there and I put my "real" name as "Sherry Smith"...). The only thing I don't like about it is that it wants you to use your real name...I don't use my real name on anything like that.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #371  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Mindy: your floor looks great!!! You guys did a great job on it too. I have some leftover shrimp, so I may make another one of those salads for lunch. Yummy.

Manick: I hope your poochie feels better. I know how scary it can be when a pet is sick. And happy bday to your hubby.

Good luck at weigh in everyone, and Happy Monday! (is that an oxymoron?)
Old 08-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #372  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone!

today is weigh in day and I'm down 3 pounds from last week I can't believe that there is only one week left in this challenge, and I also can't believe I'm only 9 pounds away from my final goal. How exciting!!!

It'll be sad once the challenge is over. I've really enjoyed it and it's been a great motivator.

Let's give it all we got and win the last week!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #373  
Mind over platter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheree View Post
I signed up for a Plurk account...I invited you to be a friend (I'm "cheree" there and I put my "real" name as "Sherry Smith"...). The only thing I don't like about it is that it wants you to use your real name...I don't use my real name on anything like that.
Cheree, I don't either! You can go in now and change your profile name to Cheree!

Thanks everybody for the dog-wellness wishes! I HOPE she is OK too! She was so odd this morning, just sitting on the carpet by the door shaking. The Vet is observing her for a few hours then I will bring her to work with me for the rest of the day. I'm sneaking her into my office since I am alone in there today. The vet thinks she's having muscle spasms for some reason they want her on muscle relaxer for 2 weeks which makes her very subdued and sleepy. Not a happy puppy.

I am peeved that I was 199 again today...I know, I know...so "sad", but I was seeing lower #'s earlier in the week, but yesterday I did some serious weight lifting with my brother in his gym and I was sore enough last night that I'm sure I'm just holding water like crazy to repair all that. Grrr. Only one week to get to 195? Not sure about that I will keep on keeping on tho!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #374  
Mind over platter

Wow Cheree you are quick...you are already listed as Cheree! Welcome to plurk! the responses are under yours-a little number tells you how many messages are listed under the main visible one.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #375  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Wow Cheree you are quick...you are already listed as Cheree! Welcome to plurk! the responses are under yours-a little number tells you how many messages are listed under the main visible one.
Plurk is cool! Thanks! Keep us posted on your dog!