Old 08-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey all!! We have had a really awful week here. Scott's visit with his girlfriend was the WORST ever. She was crazy and mean. DH and I had a couple of huge fights over his inability to set boundaries. I will NEVER allow Scott to bring a girlfriend home again. If he's married, I'll welcome his wife, but nobody else.

I also found out my x-husband took my kids to Disneyland. That's fine with me, but I believe he should have informed me BEFORE he drove them 2000 miles away.

I feel like my life is spinning out of control around me. My face is broken out, my stomach aches, TOM arrived 9 days early. I know it's because I'm internalizing stress. I've been meditating and that helps for a while, but I can't shake the awful feeling that my kids will not come home and want to live with their father. I know he talks to them all the time about moving in with him. It's driving me crazy . . . They will be him with 3 more weeks.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #422  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

C'mon Black Team, make this weekend count!!! Let's go out in a blaze of glory.

Manick - Fabulous scale reading!!! Your daily charting sounds like a great idea. It's my understanding that as we age, our metabolism slows down and we lose muscle mass. However, by exercising, we can combat that muscle loss to some extent. I'm working just as hard to get my muscle mass up (have less % body fat) as I am in losing weight. I know part of my problem in keeping the weight off when I do lose it is because for one thing, I wasn't exercising before and I had too high of a % body fat. I'm gradually making progress, it's actually easier for me to lose weight (and that isn't easy) than to build muscle...so it's just a matter of keep trying - no matter what our goals and challenges are (like you said).

jenjen - Hope work slows down for you!!! I bet you enjoyed your pedicure.

SoulBliss - Good to hear from you. I hope that the lots going on is good goings on!!! We have missed you.

blueyedlvrgirl - You can do it!!! Good luck getting ready for being in your sister's wedding! When is the wedding?

ggmugsy - Wow, sorry to hear about your son's difficult girlfriend and that your ex-husband took your children to Disneyland without letting you know. That sucks! I bet your children are going to be so happy to be back with you in 3 weeks. I hope that things settle down for you soon.

I've had a good week. Going back to Weight Watcher meetings really helps me. I guess it's having to pay the $$ until I get back to my goal weight (I'm a Lifetime member over goal weight) and being weighed by someone else. At this point, if this is what helps me get this weight back off (for good!!!), then I'm going to stick with it (and then continue going to meetings and being weighed even when I'm back to my goal weight.) I go to Weight Watchers on Sunday mornings, so I'll be having my weigh in tomorrow morning (though I may weigh in here at home to get my final BL weight to post).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! I've enjoyed being on the Black Team, and thank you for your encouragement and congratulations to you on your many successes!!!

Last edited by Cheree; 08-09-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #423  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hey everyone.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Pretty much this means that this is the last official day of the challenge...a bittersweet day I must say. Anyways, I thought it would be fun to come up with a little survey for our team just to sum up our experiences during the past 15 weeks....Copy, paste and answer away.

Starting weight:
Challenge goal weight:
Final Weight:
Total weight loss:
Starting size:
Challenge goal size:
Final size:

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was...

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...

I overcame it by...

My moment of biggest triumph was when...

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was...

One thing I love about the black team is that...

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...

The next step in my weight loss path is...
Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #424  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Starting weight: 218
Challenge goal weight: didn't really have one...
Final Weight: 183
Total weight loss: 35 pounds!
Starting size: tight 18
Challenge goal size: 14
Final size: loose 14

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was... because it looked fun and just the motivation I needed to get back on the weight loss wagon this summer vacation.

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was... getting started those first couple of weeks. I was a major slacker.

I overcame it by...Taking it one day at a time until my healthy ways became habits and the weeks and months just went by.

My moment of biggest triumph was when...I finally made it to one-derland.

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...vegetarian products like veggie burgers and chicken nuggets

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was...jogging, lifting, and the 30-day shred DVD

One thing I love about the black team is that...everyone is very supportive and uplifting through thick and thin.

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...To have gotten my act in gear from day one instead of messing around for the first 3-4 weeks.

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is... to switch up your workout routine to keep on challenging your body and keep things interesting and fun.

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...I'm faster, tougher, and stronger than I ever could have imagined.

The next step in my weight loss path is...to show off all my sucess back at college and keep on working until I lose the last couple of pounds. I'll prolly starting hanging around the featherweights boards more. Once I reach my goal, I'll maintain for at least 3 months and the re-evaluate and possibly go for 5-10 more pounds tops.

Last edited by glitterlicious; 08-11-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #425  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Great idea Glitterlicious!

Starting weight: 159.6
Challenge goal weight: 149.6
Final Weight: 149.2
Total weight loss: 10.4
Starting size: Extra Large
Challenge goal size: Medium/Large
Final size: Smaller

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was...to help motivate me to continue to lose weight and share with others who are also losing weight.

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...thinking I had thyroid problems.

I overcame it by...having a physical and having blood work drawn that showed I may be slightly hypothyroid.

My moment of biggest triumph was when...I realized early on that it's not all or nothing...to just keep doing the best I can as often as possible (to not throw in the towel when I had a bad meal or a bad day.) ALSO, doing my first "unofficial" 5K thanks to EZMONEY and the 3FC 5K challenges!!!

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...Tofu and hummus.

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was... 1. Walk, walk, walk (either walking outside with my dog or walking with Leslie Sansone DVD's) 2. Going to 24 Hour Fitness and doing the elliptical and upper body weight machines 3. Wii Fit 4. Yoga workout DVD's (Will be getting 30 Day Shred next week)

One thing I love about the black team is that...everyone has been so supportive!!!

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...same as Glitterlicious, start getting my act together earlier in the challenge and making EVERY week count.

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...if you don't already know what kind of "diet" plan you want to be on or what kind of exercises you want to be doing, to decide upon those before the challenges start so you'll be ready to hit the road running right from the start. Keep up with the postings on your team's threads...participate, it makes a difference!

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...that I can overcome my plateau's!

The next step in my weight loss path is...to get to my goal weight and maintain it this time for the rest of my life. To continue exercising and eating healthy.

Last edited by Cheree; 08-11-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Starting weight:156
Challenge goal weight: 132 (won't reach it, but pretty close)
Final Weight: Coming soon
Total weight loss: Coming soon
Starting size: S 36 - Upper Body, L 40/42 - Lower body
Challenge goal size: Didn't have one..
Final size: Upper body - XS/S 34/36, Lower body - I'm not sure, haven't bought any new clothes yet, but my pants are starting to sit loose

Finish the sentence:
The reason I joined this challenge was... To keep me motivated for a longer time.. Without it I only follow a diet / exercise for max a month each time, and then gain it all back..

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...The third/fourth week I stopped to exercise and ate a lot of unhealty food so I started to gain again, but I came over it.. I overcame it by... moving to Dominican Republic for some months, my eating changed completely,, a lot of the unhealty things I use to eat are hard to find here.. So I lost a lot the first two weeks here, (9 pounds!)

My moment of biggest triumph was when... I lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks !

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...I've always liked healty food. I can't specify any special food.. But I've been drinking a lot more water. And I don't eat so much bread as I use to.

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was... 30 Day Shred - it really made me going on, and it made me start some other workouts to.. Because of that I work out almost every day now

One thing I love about the black team is that... We rock

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been... Start working out a lot more from the beginning.

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is... Hang in there! Every time the scale stopped, I added some workout, and soon the scale started to move again..

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is... I can actually be as fit as my sister soon.. She's my fitness Idol!

The next step in my weight loss path is... Reach my goal, I'm pretty close.. Not really sure where it is though, I'll start with 128, then I'll see if I have more fat to lose I actually think I have some pounds more on my tights/butt

Last edited by theresia; 08-09-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Ok, So I've decided to join the next challenge..
I wont lose a lot, but I will still have 5-10 pounds more to lose.. And I'm going back to Sweden and all my lovely food at the end of September, So I really need something to keep me strong and motivated.. I usually gain a lot of weigh by the winter..
I'm not sure which team I'll chose, will have to think about that one.. both are great so it maybe doesn't matter..
Old 08-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #428  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Starting weight: 203.4 lb
Challenge goal weight: 173.4 lb (2 lb per week)
Final Weight: 181
Total weight loss: 22.4 lb
Starting size: I don't know...because I wore only those that would be "stretchy"...even the jeans... (the "size" on tag was anywhere between 13-17 juniors..and XL but they were too tight that I stopped wearing the XL shirts, too unless they were one of those stretchy ones..again)
Challenge goal size: Didn't really have one bc I didn't know what size low 170's would be...but hoping to fit into what I couldn't anymore.
Final size: Well, I can fit into most of stuff I couldn't anymore and I can even where some Large and actually bought Medium shirt and fit pretty well!

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was...Weight Loss and Motivation through the challenge...

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...Holiday and Potlucks...

I overcame it by...trying to use the portion control strategy.

My moment of biggest triumph was when...I tried on Medium size shirt and it actually fit! I know not all the medium will fit me but one is a start and that's the first medium I fit into since I've moved to USA, which was over 4 years ago!

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...oatmeal fruit smoothie

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was...Workout dvd!

One thing I love about the black team is that...our ladies are so caring and still can kick some butt and get me motivated! =)

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...huh?! I don't have one and I'm not trying to kiss a$$. :P

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...Get involved. You really have to be a part of it, do all the side challenges like workout challenges, and try to log in and post at least once a day because that's what keeps you in line when you want to jump off of the wagon!

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is... I actually can be fit (PE was the subject I hated the most during school...but now I can do squats and run and jump no problemo!) and can finish what I started. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish this challenge because I am really bad at it..I always start stuff but never go through with it so now I know I can do it and reach my ultimate goal!

The next step in my weight loss path is...Just keep sweating and eating right and be healthy. My next step is trying to be 170 at the most by October 10..which is when I'm leaving for Korea.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 08-11-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #429  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Hey all!! We have had a really awful week here. Scott's visit with his girlfriend was the WORST ever. She was crazy and mean. DH and I had a couple of huge fights over his inability to set boundaries. I will NEVER allow Scott to bring a girlfriend home again. If he's married, I'll welcome his wife, but nobody else.

I also found out my x-husband took my kids to Disneyland. That's fine with me, but I believe he should have informed me BEFORE he drove them 2000 miles away.

I feel like my life is spinning out of control around me. My face is broken out, my stomach aches, TOM arrived 9 days early. I know it's because I'm internalizing stress. I've been meditating and that helps for a while, but I can't shake the awful feeling that my kids will not come home and want to live with their father. I know he talks to them all the time about moving in with him. It's driving me crazy . . . They will be him with 3 more weeks.
((((((((Mindy)))))))

That's a tough one there gf! I feel for ya and I'll be praying for you too. I know what stresses me out the most id when something isn't right with my kid. (like right now, but I won't even go there).

As for the ex carrying them off 2000 miles without your approval! OMG! I'd be sooooooooo pi$$ed!!! Anywho. Hang in there gf.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #430  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Happy Sunday Morning Everyone!!! I hope you all had a great weekend. I am sorry to see the challenge end and even sorrier that we won't have a black team but we can all say that we were members of the last black team and we rocked this challenge!!! I signed up for the next challenge but I didn't choose a team. Both are fine with me and I'm sure there will be others from "our" team on both so there will still be some people on there that I know. Like everyone else, I want to thank you all for all the support, encouragement, advice and swift kicks that were always there when I needed it! On the next challenge I am going to try to post a little more often and I will try the side challenges also. I ended up gaining a pound from when we started but what's done is done and I can just go forward. No beating myself up over it.

Anyway, just wanted to hop on here real quick. I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a beautiful day.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #431  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone...
I peaked in this morning and gained 0.6 lbs... Since my official weigh-in is tomorrow morning, I worked out good and trying to drink lots and lots of water to help with the morning weigh-in.

I also thought about my Monday weigh-in and I think I'm going to change it to Saturday, esp to get ready for the next challenge. I know each week runs from Sun-Sat and I weighed on Monday, meaning my week was more like Mon-Sun and it really gives me no time to catch up on my bad weekends... Since I have problem with weekends, I think weighing on Saturday will help me to keep me in line and even if I do something bad, I still will have time to get back up and start moving and drink...

I hope I will be about 7-10 lbs less by the time next challenge starts. I will miss all of you till then!!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #432  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I'm bummed that I ended the challenge one pound up from last week but that's what happens when I don't log my food. My own dumb fault. However, I am happy to be down 10 pounds for this challenge.

See you at the next challenge. With only 2 teams I hope it won't be too overwhelming, but we'll see.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #433  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Well camping sucked. It rained all week! The kids were cranky and cold. Next year we will rent a cottage.

Starting weight: 310
Challenge goal weight: 280
Final Weight: 291
Total weight loss: 19
Starting size: 5x
Challenge goal size: ?
Final size: 4x

The reason I joined this challenge was...to get motivated...be held accountable.

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...letting my emotions get in the way of being on plan

I overcame it by...continuing to journal what goes in my mouth.

My moment of biggest triumph was when...the scale said 299.5

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...caulifower "potato" salad

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was...bike ride & walk

One thing I love about the black team is that...everyone is so nice

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...get involved. A message a day keeps the weight away!

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...I can exercise I can do it!

The next step in my weight loss path is...keep on truckin'

Last edited by JuliaDH; 08-11-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I think it SUCKS that the Black Team is being eliminated. I hope the Black Team members are fairly evenly divided. grumble . . . grumble . . . .
Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #435  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Hey Mindy how ya feeling?