Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #331  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hiya team! Just really busy the last couple days...bosses on vacation again so, I'm the boss sort of.

Biggest loser next season (families) begins Sept 16 so I'm guess this next challenge will ramp up mid August, I'm planning to keep an eye out for it as I want to do this again! Loved the team encouragement and inspiration, and heck 10 lbs off is not bad either. I'll take it anyway, maybe next challenge I'll be really ramped up! This one got me exercising regularly which is no small thing!

Will try to get back for a longer, more personal post tomorrow!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I wonder who our next leader will be . . . any rumors/hints out there???
Old 07-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

ggmugsy - I know that Chellez has "plans" - but I think she's still working on them. She'll announce it all soon enough, I'm sure.

Good morning ladies!!!!! I can't even believe that the challenge only has 2 weeks left!!!!!! I decided to go back on Weight Watchers. We found out my trainer is moving to Colorado (we're in Oklahoma) in August. The "diet" she had me on hasn't been producing the results like I had with WW, so I'm going back!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #334  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone!

It is amazing that we only have about 2 weeks left of the challenge...it seems like we just started this journey together. I'm back in the swing of things fitness-wise from my strep-induced hiatus last week. 12.5 pounds to go until my final goal..... I know that this is going to be the hardest, but also the most rewarding part of my weight loss. Well, maybe maintenence is harder, since its a lifetime committment haha. But I'm dropping jean sizes and my entire body is becoming more proportionate and less bottom-heavy which makes me super happy.

I'm doing the 30-day shred. I'm planning on doing it 3 times a week, with a reovery day in between workouts where I will just run. Hoping to make it to level 3 by the last week. I'm handling level 1 well. I feel the burn, but its not too much to handle.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello Team!
This is hopefully the last challenge for me .. I'm hoping to be close to my goal in September. It's been great so far, lost 19 pounds!!
I will really miss this place, it keeps me motivated, I'll check up some of the others sections of 3FC for my continuing weight loss.
Now I'll go and do day 30 of 30DayShred!!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been sick, working unbelievable hours, etc...Hopefully, it will start slowing down soon.

I totally forgot to post my weigh-in this week, but I was still at 230. UGH. I need to get back down to business. I've been slacking off.

Take care everyone!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #337  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone. How's it going? It's quiet and lonely on here. Someone talk to me! Jenjen, it's good to see you here. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope you are feeling better.

I am doing well...I messed up and didn't eat before I went to my water body conditioning class and I felt a little woozy and starving by the time it was done. I read in the SBD book a story about someone that was feeling that way so he ate a bunch of sugar packets and then a sandwich and it set him up for a binge later in the day, so I was careful in what I chose to eat. I feel better now and it's almost time for lunch. Things have been OP for the past few days, it feels so good too. I am hoping my efforts will be rewarded with a weightloss this week. Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Team!

Smurf - holy crap! That must've been so scary...thank god you were there and knew what to do. It will probably stick with you for a lonnngggg time.
I had incident when my little guy was 2, my friend was swinging him around, and he cracked him face first into the coffee table edge. I will never forget the sound, or how horrible he looked, even though everything turned out fine. ((shivers))
Old 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #339  
Mind over platter

Wow we are a team of shredders apparently! Good for you Glitter and Theresia for really getting close to goal this challenge! You've both done a great job!

Congrats to Soul...also doing a GREAT job....for this week's BL title!

Julz I'm glad the business is taking off, it is nice when your passion and your work collide and you get to do what you like to do, and obviously do so well!

Mugsy good for the chillin' sounds like a plan the mental game is SO much of this battle the bike trails sound wonderful, I know its a spectacular area! My best friend lives in Spokane and we venture out from there sometimes...its really pretty up there.

Smurf! really scary very happy to read it all was OK, now I hope the sleep thing improves for you soon!

Jen
better soon, you can do it!

Tara that is amazing scale news! That's got to feel good and encouraging!!!

Troo
how was the swimming? Did you go? Yeah those tomatoes...really those were the only ones so far...I am still impatiently waiting! The bushes are LOADED but they are just not ripe yet.... your fritattas in a muffin tin are a good idea! Sounds good too.

Blue
congrats on the new car!! and the bugg info you've been sharing is very interesting, I like hearing your experience with it, its all fascinating to me. Happy for you that it is giving you good feedback for success!

Julia WOW on all those inches! That is excellent! You're doing great!

Hi Cheree, Blue, Chiquita, Reda...

Where is Purple? Anyone know?

Well team I have been a busy little bee in the kitchen this morning cooking up stuff for DH's birthday dinner. I can't believe what a good cook I am AND It is ALL stuff that I really DON'T need to be eating which is SOOO hard. Rhubarb pie with homemade crust, homemade pesto with basil from the garden, homemade olive bread, blah, blah, blah. He wanted steak and I did get little filet mingnon which I will only eat about 3 oz of tonight. When I asked him what he wanted THIS is what he wanted...go figure

Anyway, my exercise has been good this week and I have eaten my exact calorie limit for the past 5 days (I don't eat the calories I burn in exercise so I know I'm creating a deficit)...I'm off to do 4 more miles on the trail right now...and I will just be very, very mindful of what I put in my mouth tonight. Sometimes I HATE being the one who always has to watch every bite and write down everything, etc. The alternative is MUCH worse and I really AM feeling good and strong lately with all my exercise so I will just keep at it.

Scale is holding at 199. Every single day. I was going to take a picture today of the 199 then realized...when the scale said 199.6 that my camera weighs something!! duh! LOL...I guess I will have to be 198 before I can take a pic of the 199!

Hope you all have a good day! Make the best choices you can....I will do likewise.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #340  
Mind over platter

Troo! I am here...was posting...and cooking (grrr) and did not refresh so I missed your post!

I have been eating a little bit of protein/good carb before exercise every morning, it helps alot! I listen to Jillian Michaels podcasts every week while I wog and she makes a huge deal about never working out on an empty stomach so I've been paying attention. She says that is an old, old myth from the 80's....hm, my era...but in any case I've learned alot.

Not sure what you can do on SBD, but I'm sure there is a solution. Hard boiled egg or something? Anyway, glad you ate healthy when you ate. So HOW was the water class? Did you like it? Yay for OP days hoping for a loss for you.

Glitter by the way, sounds like a great plan; the 30 day shred mixed with run days...that's where I hope to get. Your fitness level is super inspiring and you should be proud of yourself!

My walking/jogging is somewhat improving, I do a solid 4+ miles in 1 hour now, outside, mostly on trails, which is always harder for me than treadmill. When I started back in March I was at 3 mph on the treadmill.

Ceegee I had one of those horrific things too...my niece was 14 months (under my care) and she climbed into her little rocking chair and stood in the seat holding on to the back...I was running to get her out and telling her to sit down NOW, as the whole thing tipped over and she cracked her head on the marble fireplace tiles...OH it was awful. She was FINE, thank God, but it was indeed something that is STILL with me and she is 10 years old now.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

Oh you guys are making me feel so much better with talk of "the sight/sound still with you 10 years later" just kidding-I actually would like to think that writting it down what happened and talking to one of the lifeguards (who is no more than 15) did help a bit I actually slept last night for a good stretch of the night undisturbed-YAY-we went back to the pool to face my fears and my oldest (6) learned a new trick-she floats in "dead mans float" for as long as she can hold her breath-NOT SO GOOD on my heart, but I am glad that my kids seem unaffected by it.

As a result of sleep depravation my workouts have not been the greatest, but I have been going to the high school to lift 2-3 times a week with my friend, but dh shift changes next week so I wont be able to do that anymore-I guess I will have to make myself get better sleep so I can get back to my routine. But I think my goals for this month are shot and I am not sure I will be able to run as much of the 5K as I had planned.

Troo-I am hear to talk to you!

Manick-LOL about the camera weight!

Well I really need to clean my house it is a disaster!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #342  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone. I've been busy this morning but things are starting to simmer down so I'm taking a minute to hop on here.

Smurf - Glad you got some sleep last night. I'm afraid I would have been like you and just scared to death. So glad everyone is ok.

Manick - Can I come live with you? Or maybe Soul too? And maybe Troo and everyone else that seems to cook up such wonderful sounding dishes!!

A big congrats to Soul for being our biggest loser this week. You rock gf!!

Hi to everyone I've missed.

Tomorrow I am going to the nutritionist with DBF as he is diabetic and the dr has decided he needs to have some help in the food department. And since I'm the one that does the shopping and cooking I informed him that I would be in attendance at this meeting too. I'm hoping for some unknown insight as to weight loss. Maybe I'll pick up a pointer or two. I'll let you all know if that happens. But I think that when he gets his meal/diet plan that I will start to follow it too so I don't have to start cooking 2 meals. Of course I'll alter mine as far as portion size, etc.

My 5 yr old granddaughter called me last night and said she has a purple cast on her arm. She and her 7 year old brother were on a trampoline together and he landed on her arm and broke it. She's bossing him around and telling him that since he broke her arm he has to wait on her hand and foot and do whatever she says. It is quite comical to watch!!

Better hop off here for now. I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Have a great Thursday everyone!!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:54 PM   #343  
Mind over platter

Chiquita, C'mon over! But bring your pot of gold from over the rainbow!!

I was trying to figure out a way to make it more "diet friendly" but honestly there was none...pesto with no oil?...mmhmm, no.

You'll get some good tips tomorrow I'm sure! One swap we've made is using mostly ALL whole grain stuff...(well, I DID use half white flour in the pie crust)...but...anyway, it cuts down on alot of the bad stuff.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Good evening Team!
I just did my Day 30 of 30DS!!! Feels great! I'm planning to do the 30 days again in August/September, but not so often, maybe 4 times each week, mixing it with my other workout.
Teamies - I'm not so much into personals, sorry . But I wish you well with everything. Hope you all get a great weigh in this week!!

Good Night!!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well not alot of time I need to get to bed tonight. We leave for Sturgis Motorcycle Rally tomorrow I am so excited . I need to wash up my bike in the morning and finish packing a few items and we will be off.

Sorry I haven't had much time to be online this week trying to get everything tied up with work before leaving which meant starting work early and getting home late, gotta do what you gotta do before leaving for 8-9 days.

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job and we have such an AWESOME TEAM!!!!!

Good night if I get time tomorrow I will try to log in before leaving but if not I did WI and lost 1.2 pounds this week so far so I have updated my post since I will not be here Monday to do it.

Good Night