Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #196  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
... If someone could convince me that it'd work and I wouldn't be starving in the late afternoon & late evening - that's historically my hungry time - then I'd try it. Are you doing to try it Anjuli?
Well, I just read about the article today. I don't know if I can do 600 cals in the morning. I enjoy my dinner, always have. I did however do 300 cal breakfast and 100 cal snacks. Don't know if it was working or not but I do know I didn't feel too hungry often. I have now decided to go down to 250 cals for Breakfast and Lunch to reduce my total calorie intake. I want to see how this works. If it doesn't work then maybe I'll up my breakfast and lower dinner. I think it's what works for you individually. I was like you wondering too if someone was already trying it here and seeing definite improvements.

Yes, Fae is on her India trip right now. I believe she's going to be there for a month or so.

Last edited by pintobean; 06-19-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #197  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I feel good eating approx B-300, S-150, L-300/400, S-150, D-400, S-200 for approx 1600. That is a perfectly OP day with no extra bites or nibbles. When I add those it's usually more around 1800-2000 calories.

I have a weigh in/measurements/body fat appt with trainer on Tuesday and I feel I'm on the cusp of getting serious with calorie counting again. If I'm right about my numbers I don't think I've even lost 10 pounds in the past 2 months. I've been on a very slow losing streak and while I know "they" say 1-2 pounds a week is great, I feel that at this weight -- with 80 more pounds to go -- I can do it much quicker by buckling down on my diet. Cardio and weight training is not an issue. Food quality isn't the problem. It's all about quantity.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #198  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Nori, I always hear the 1-2 pound is safe/healthy thing, too. But, I've seen many others lose 3-4 pounds a week and manage to do very well with maintaining, too. Considering how inadequate medical research has been for weight loss, I think the 1-2 pound theory is just one more thing they've gotten wrong. Right now, I'd be happy with 1-2 pounds. Of course, I'd actually have to be on-plan, huh? If you can find a way to lose more each week, go for it! I'm sure you'll do it in a healthy manner.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-19-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #199  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Rhonda and Nori - yeah, I think it may be best to take the 1-2 # rule with a grain of salt. I read once that that was to prevent losing muscle. Well, when I started this process I had a higher lean body mass than my goal weight, so obviously losing some muscle was not gonna be an issue. Now that my lbm is getting closer to the range it should be in, my wl has slowed into the 1-2# range.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #200  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies!

Rhonda - big congrats on going back to school. Your excitement will carry you through. I didn't becoma a nurse until I was 34. Your DH is a dear to get behind you , too. Glad you're feeling less blue too. The only blue you can be is pirate blue!!!

Thanks Anjuli for the article about big breakfasts. And Maria and Nori, I can tell you, it is working for me. But what I am doing is what I explained before - 5 small meals - 300 calories each - 3 hours apart - part high protein, part complex carb with each meal. I'm eating a lot!!! and I'm losing - 2 lbs last week, 2 lbs this. The biggest meal is my lunch - but you could make it your dinner - I have a large mixed green salad with a full can of chicken breast meat and some lightly cooked broccoli. I have the steel cut oats and egg-beaters (Southwestern style) for breakfast, or sometimes I have the egg-beaters between 2 slices of dense whole wheat bread (Oroweat Winter Wheat) I also drink soy shakes accompanied by a fiber bar. I'm very content and also drinking a lot of water, Oolong tea for breakfast.

Amarie - thanks for compliments on the yard and for recognizing what I was trying to relate - the vast amount of work it takes to bring that many rocks out of the ground, up to the site, lay them neat - besides digging the trench, putting in drainage pipe, blah, blah blah. Sorry you're having such a time with auntie tromping on your garden. I have to get out there today and set a timer 'cause we're leaving for a 5 day beach trip.

So, gals - I'll be MIA for a few, but I've packed all my healthy eats already, so I'll be good. I'll post my weight early so we won't miss out on my 2 lb. loss.

Like Vix and Tawny - I so appreciate having this wonderful group of ladies to talk to. You are all - THE BEST!!!

Dora
Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #201  
One life, live it well

Amarie - I don't know if I'm a freak of a woman, but I appear to be very capable of building lean muscle mass quickly. When I started the journey I was roughly 150 pounds lmm and on last check in was up to 155. Meaning that 100% of what I'm losing is body fat, which is fantastic. Something will have to give because I'm obviously not going to be 100% muscle at my goal weight of 160!

RE compliments: so a random guy came up to me in the weight lifting section of gym today and said that he just had to say something because "you're literally transforming yourself in front of my eyes..." It's encouraging when total strangers say they can see changes. I weighed myself this morning and granted it's first day of TOM, I'm was up .6 pounds from Sunday. UGH. Hopefully once AF leaves she'll take a few pounds.

Rhonda - I agree - however you can get the weight off is fine (within reason!), it's the maintaining that is the real work.

Dora - I really like your plan. It is similar to my "ideal" plan also. have fun at the beach! Somewhere in Oregon? It's been so-so nice weather her in SEA so I'm sure you're getting great weather.

My hanging baskets look like a million bucks! I bought these metal baskets and coconut liners at the dollar store, so have very little invested in them. Right now the aroma from the sweet alyssum in the one outside of my office window is wafting in and is so lovely!

All this talk about going back to school and got me rethinking going back for nursing.

Last edited by Nori71; 06-19-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #202  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hi everyone - just checking in to say "Hi!"

My job has kicked into high gear and is causing me lots of stress. Since I'm a stress eater, that's not a good thing. So I'm trying to hang tough and keep myself out of the snack jar!

No time to read all your posts, so I'll just say a general hi for now!
Cindy
Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #203  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Nori, I always hear the 1-2 pound is safe/healthy thing, too. But, I've seen many others lose 3-4 pounds a week and manage to do very well with maintaining, too. Considering how inadequate medical research has been for weight loss, I think the 1-2 pound theory is just one more thing they've gotten wrong. Right now, I'd be happy with 1-2 pounds. Of course, I'd actually have to be on-plan, huh? If you can find a way to lose more each week, go for it! I'm sure you'll do it in a healthy manner.

I think the 1-2 is not only about safety but about longevity. The research that IS conclusive (and I am googling in my other window for links) shows that with that kind of loss, you are making more of a lifestyle shift that you can maintain vs. drastic measures which may not be as long lasting.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #204  
One life, live it well

I keep vacillating here. Part of me is Ok with losing slowly. Part of me feels I should be harder on myself or something. I'm definitely living how I could live for the rest of my life. Nothing I'm doing is difficult or inconvenient or boring. As long as my environment (mostly my home) is controlled to cut down on binging I'm ok. I've enjoyed the past 6 months. I don't have a "deadline" that I need to be 160 by. But then I know that even as I lose 1 pound a week for the next many weeks, I'll have to eventually take in less calories, or up my exercise, and that's just not going to happen. Not that I couldn't do more, but it's pretty unreasonable for me right now to work out more than 10 hours a week. I'm rambling here!!

I just roasted a whole cauliflower to take to work for lunch tomorrow. It smells delicious. Very garlicky! And a little parm cheese melted on top. Gotta figure out what to take for protein...

Can you sleep tonight, Tawnya?
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #205  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Woo hoo I actually went to sleep on time last night. I didn't have ANY trouble falling asleep. My head hit the pillow and I was out. I guess maybe it's catching up to me now. I"m up early to send Leo out for work and I"m off back to bed. just wanted to stop in and post alittle before heading back to sleep.

I think that hundred push up challenge is pretty cool. I think I'm gonna try it.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #206  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Everyone!
I'm in India!

I may only be able to give a weekly check in right now. The internet connection is ... mediocre at best. And we're quite busy at work.

There's a gym here. And a scale. (Although it's in kg... but it's easy enough to convert ) So, while I can't easily count points on everything, I'm doing my best to not eat until I'm stuffed, and to choose things that seem maybe healthier. Also, there is no time for snacking, so I'm really only getting 3 meals a day. Whether that's good or bad... I don't know, yet. Only time will tell.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #207  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

faerie--I am so glad you are there and enjoying it!

I just posted a small loss, but it was enough to spur me onto get my butt on the floor and do some Pilates...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #208  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey guys im still here i have some catch up reading to do though lol.. i just finished page 2 lol of this thread.. my weight is up for the weigh in day becuase of TOM .. so it puts me at no loss for this week even though i have been 269 all week until today.. lol my weigh in day . I saw no point in putting it yesterdays weight .. its what i weigh today friday is my day no questions asked lol.. I have TOM and am not suffering at all this time.. last month was something else.. .. so tom has put me back over the dreaded 270 mark.. but hey at least i know its fluid .. and next week ill have a nice loss to show as long as i stay away from those damn munchies i have anyway lol .. i hate TOM munchies.. they are the worst i feel like im hungry all day long when i get them.. anyway im off to bed.. will read the rest and reply tommorrow morning..

I had planned on catching up today as hubby left this morning but my parents come over to fit my new dishwasher .. and me having an old kitchen that has shallow cupboards meant we had to do all sorts of running around and then had to make a false top for the dishwasher .. luckily i got my exercise in this morning lol .. with my kitchen full of tools i had a make do dinner lol.. bageuttes with chook and salad .

ok im off to bed good night
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #209  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers! TGIF!

Faerie - It's so good to hear from you!
Anna - Congrats on having a loss!
Amy - I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you went. It's so good to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with the munchies. Keep trying. Don't give up on yourself.

I have so much work to get through today and I don't feel like doing anything productive. This weekend will be productive enough as I have several household projects on my list. My plan is to stay too busy to go near the kitchen. I've not lost anything this week...no big surprise there. I've also not gained, so I'm feeling somewhat victorious. I am feeling very optimistic about staying on-plan and losing in the coming months. There is something about having non-weight related goals that help me focus on the weight loss. The plan to go back to school has re-energized and re-focused me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

GO BLUE!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #210  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry, Bluesers, I'm a mess. I'm taking my first freebie week this week