Old 06-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #211  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Hi all!
I was soooo excited by my weigh in this morning (126.8), and I'm trying to reconcile with the fact that TOM is coming and the number will probably go up for a few days. Also, my dad is visiting (albeit for 24 hours) this week, and we'll probably go out to eat, but I am trying not to get all stressed out about that.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey team, I'm excited because I go on vacation after this and am having a "staycation" where I'll just be around home. I'm going to turn it into fitness camp. My "plan" starting tomorrow thru the 29th, is to do my treadmill in the morning, do the elliptical in the afternoons, do my weight lifting whenever it's scheduled (2x/wk), and a pilates or other type video during the day. The rest of the day will be 'active living' taking the dd's out for bike rides, playing soccer or lacrosse with my older dd, or cleaning around the house. Basically trying to minimize "butt time" except when it is engaged in forward motion propulsion! lol I will eat well and see what a difference in makes on my 6/30 weigh-in!! ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

Last edited by sportmom; 06-20-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #213  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

sportmom - that sounds awesome! I love the idea of turning time at home into a fitness camp! Woohoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I don't know if I'm a freak of a woman, but I appear to be very capable of building lean muscle mass quickly. When I started the journey I was roughly 150 pounds lmm and on last check in was up to 155. Meaning that 100% of what I'm losing is body fat, which is fantastic. Something will have to give because I'm obviously not going to be 100% muscle at my goal weight of 160!
Thats awesome Nori! obviously lean mass is better than the alternative, right?!? Its gotta rock to step on the scale and know every lost ounce was fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Sorry, Bluesers, I'm a mess. I'm taking my first freebie week this week
I'm recovering from my first freebie week last week. But we can do it! We may be down, but we're not out - hang in there.

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 06-20-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #214  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jill, what's wrong? Talk to us.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #215  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Sorry, Bluesers, I'm a mess. I'm taking my first freebie week this week
Aww Jill, what's going on? Are you still in NJ? Hope you feel better.

Fran, OMG you're on a mission That's great. I hope so too that all this hard work pays off.

Maria, That's great loss!!! I wouldn't fret too much. Just enjoy your time with your dad and remain guilt free. Let TOM come and go. You've been working hard and I know you're going to be fine.

Last edited by pintobean; 06-20-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #216  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I am once again a proud member of the gym. At least for the next month. I refuse to sign another year long contract. I did it once before and 10 months went by unused. I might end up paying a little more for now but until I can make myself commit it isn't worth it.

The owner Rhonda was there and she remembered me from when I was a member over 2 years ago. I was pretty impressed. She was kind enough to show me around the free weights a bit. I am going to make an appointment, or five, with her DH who is the gym trainer. The kids are back in daycare two days a week and with gramma once a week so there is NO reason I can't get there three days a week. I am pretty excited.

Now I just have to convince myself that I don't need to eat all those calories I just finished burning. I really struggle with this part. But I think since I am adding weights this time around that will help.

I will probably end up taking my second freebie this week.

Hope everyone is having a good day. to you Jill. Please vent to us as needed.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #217  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

(((HUGS))) Jill! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #218  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

***sending positive energy to Jill***

Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Hey team!

Just a quickie post before I get back to packing. We're leaving for camping tomorrow morning. Things have been nutty lately between packing, everyday life, and a hot water tank that decided to leak all over the basement. My running was very minimal this week due to leg pain and my eating has been crappy so I still don't have a loss to post for this week. Very disappointed in myself. Ugh.

Anyhow, I'll be back around here in about a week. Have a great week team!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #220  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I keep vacillating here. Part of me is Ok with losing slowly. Part of me feels I should be harder on myself or something. I'm definitely living how I could live for the rest of my life.
Well said, I feel the exact same way!

SPORTMOM- Awesome staycation boot camp - You go girl!

Jill - look at the mess I just went through, my depression was kicking so hard this last week, it was good to share with everyone and great to hear all the positive feed back. You are doing awesome on your weight loss and have made great progress!

Last edited by vixjean; 06-20-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #221  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

i did fine with the munchies i just ignored them completly lol .. no problem..

so0 i know my gain back is just fluid for tom.. so next week i should have a good loss for weigh in .

ok now for that game
Here we go LINDA...

Everything with a A for my name
YOUR NAME:Amy
4 LETTER WORD: aunt
BOY NAME : adam
GIRL NAME: alice
A COLOR: avocado
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: arm band
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: apple juice
FOOD: apricot
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: air freshner
A PLACE: Australia
REASON FOR BEING LATE: annoying children
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: Azz hole
A CAR: automoblie
A FLOWER: azelia
VACATION SPOT: arnhem land

http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_ui...=392666735&s=1
i dont know if that is the right link so
http://www.plurk.com/user/amouse
have this one as well ..

so am i one of the cool kids now??? lol i have my picture in my profile im on plurk and i played the game... lol..

Tawnya im glad you finally got some sleep .. ptsd is so hard to live with sometimes.. but it does slowly get a little better.. we are on years 9 or 10 of dealing with it.. hubby has a very short fuse so i have just learnt to give him space.. I know before he does wehn a panic attack is coming.. i can read his body language like a book . We only have 2 kids and they are nearly 4 and nearly 8 so alot more independant then your crew .. I have almost left so many times .. but we got through it and we have a great relationship most of the time..
as long as he stays sober anyway. I agree with the person that said to clean at night if you cant sleep.. i do that.. and then i sleep soundly knowing my house is clean.. lol i dont sleep in a messy house .. i find it imposible i lay awake thingking about what i need to doi.. or wondering where ill start.. lol sometimers just not sleeping without knowing why.. then i realsie my house is a mess .. lol funny hey? Im not a clean freak.. but i wont my house to be a happy home .. and for me happy is tidyish.. lol.. i have kids after all.

so im thinking about buying a treadmill .. my elliptical is getting boring lol.. are treadmills something you guys use alot?? or will i just waist my money?

Last edited by amouse; 06-20-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #222  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

i like treadmills but i get tired of it too after awhile. personally i like doing step aerobics and yoga. step really gets your heart going and builds alot of leg muscle.

Thanks for the advice amy. I like knowing that there are people out there that do understand where I stand when it comes to ptsd and know what I am going through.

Last edited by tkglenn; 06-20-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #223  

Amy - you are so a cool kid now!
Tglen - I LOVE step areobics, considering leaving my gym soon to find a step class and use my money towards that!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #224  

http://www.plurk.com/user/funkyphil
that is the BF, he wants to plurk, won't come on 3FC though, lol - I can't figure out how to add him, LOL

Last edited by vixjean; 06-21-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:53 AM   #225  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

i finally got my dishwasher installed yesterday by my lovely and very talented dad.. the delay was the delivery not my dad but it looks great .. here is the old one. and new one..

My kitchen cupboards are shallow so the new one sticks out too but not as far and it looks alot nicer
My kitchen is a 1970s original kitchen that i have just painbted the doors of.. we cant afford a new kitchen but i think its ok for its age really

I have a new fridge, oven and dishwasher.. so now i just need new cupbaords tiles and benchtops lol... umm yeah.. hmmm.. when money grows on trees maybe.. lol.

Now Plurk... hmmmmm... that place is great lol i had no idea what i was missing.. so now i think i know why our chat has slowed alittle on the board.. your plurking instead lol .. its sure is a bit confusing at first but once i got the hang of it.. i think.. i love it lol... those munchies have been bothering me again today .. and im still ignoring them.. .. so .. TOM be gone.. you evil munchie creating monster that has entered my life and made me tired and no desire to exercise... how dare you come and mess up my day.. lol.. I WILL GET OFF MY BUTT AND WORKOUT ... I WILL GET OFF MY BUTT AND WORK OUT.... I WILL I WILL I WILL... maybe... lol

The cold has got to my kidneys .. i am sore on both my sides and have been since last night and im very tired today .. so im just waiting to see what happens.. other then a bit sore and tired i feel fine.. but i am bloated to the max so thinking that might be why im sore.. i dont want to get sick.. i just dont need that at all .. that and being cold.. .. i will do a small workout later if i feel up to it .. i have walked for 40 minutes this morning so its not like i did nothing all day

Last edited by amouse; 06-21-2008 at 03:01 AM.