Awesome Rhonda,

I'm sending you a PM now.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #288  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
P.S. and the BF is doing them too, but he doesn't know that he will be forced to do them... I'll let you know how that goes.
LOL! BTW - I forgot to mention how fantastic that pic is of you and BF! You both look very happy. Oh yeah, I might know why. What are you guys on day 10 yet? I could absolutely not do that. 3 x/week is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Wanna share your workout plan with me?
I have so many routines. I get a new one every other week from my personal trainer and then I mix those up with the ones I like to do the best and I never get bored. Do you have a fax? Maybe if I hooked my scanner up I could scan them and then email them to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I tried talking DH into them. He got down on the floor and cranked out 30. ******* men. I tried convincing him he could start on week 5 but so far no go.
Yeah, my DH does them with the clap. I'm kinda glad we don't normally work out at the same gym because when we do I get so distracted watching him and his amazing core strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Made it through on-plan day 1. Did my walk today and stayed within my 1500 calories.
That's great Rhonda. I do believe that each day just builds on the other. You're so tenacious.

Well, I'm thick headed and tired and it's only 9:17. I have my annual exam with pap/breast tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #289  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I see why you spelled bas*tard the way you did, Z! I used the spell check and it "corrected" it, only to censure it!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #290  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey guiys great to see jill and rhonda getting back on track
and tawnya im happy you ha d a better day with hubby..

The negativity sucks doesnt it .. we as a family are doing well john is woerking away and has been since feb.. in that time i bought a new car and paid cash, got his laptop, a dishwasher and the normal bills and we have reduced our morgage by over $13,000 .. becuase i put all the money we dont need staright into the morgage .. hubby is like.. why am i working away if we never have any money..
and theres no way i could work at home again.. you spend to much....

umm i dress the kids from thrift stores ive gone from a size 26 to a 20 .. and am still wearing the 26 ( looks lovely too i tell ya) .. and my bras are now doing nothing to support me becuase they are too big around the back and the cups are now creeping under my armpits .. and i spend to much.. huh...

the truth is we are living off the same money he would get at home becuase all the extra is put in the morgage.. when he comes home the morgage will go out as normal .. cant he see what we are doing?? isnt he happy to have his laptop and new car and rediced morgage? after all he planned the whole lot and it is him each week that tells me how much to put in to the morgage.. NEGATIVE.. lol.. he came home and whined the whole time because its cold here .. and then ever where we went when he was home he called a **** hole..

he works in tropical far north nt.. paradise .. 30 degrees c every day ... lol surounded by beaches and palm trees .. spoiled only by the aluminium refirnery they plonked in the middle of it ..

PTSD leads to negativity. my mil rang me today and asked how he was becuase he was grumpy when she saw him too .. lol

vent over lol.. sorry MEN!!!

im 100% on plan and doing great ..
i am in the pushup challenge and did day 1 week one yesterday OUCH.. lol
my arms are so sore today.. lol and then i did aerobic today that had pushups in them..,. OMG.. NOOOO .. lol i did them but ... day 2 week 1 tomorrow lol.. maybe have to do it the day after,, im so sore... lol..
I cant see me progressing to week 2 very fast.

anywa.. i have to go get the swimming gear reasdy.. cyall later..

glad to see most of us are on plan and getting back on plan..

funny how so many of us had TOM this week ..
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 AM   #291  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

How're my dear blue mateys, eh???

Back from the coast a day early, dh decided not to go deep sea fishing. He's not an early riser, so getting up to be there by 6am didn't float his boat. We decided to spend some of the money it would've cost on halibut and barbequed it last night. Woweee!!!

Anjuli - I really enjoyed your pictures of your new-improved garden. Nice!!!

Vicki - love pictures of you and bf, as others have said, you are a cutie, and glad you're taking care of your pretty white teeth, too.

Nori - I was loving your new avatar, then came back to the kiwi again, what happened? Oh, and btw, I would love to get some of your routines. My fax is 541-677-7355, open all the time. (No cover page needed - like to conserve paper) You are looking so cute with both your weight loss and your new do. I'm following your progress since we seem to have similar stats and body types (gain muscle quickly).

Josephine - you are awesome as always. Everyone wonders how you're doing it, but if they look at the booty challenge, they'll see . . . about 500+ minutes a week, uh-huh, that'll do a booty good.

Rhonda - so glad the meds are kicking in and real Rhonda is back. I do so enjoy reading your posts.

Michelle - you're looking awsome with your new haircut! Watch out for those pirates - they'll be wisking you down to the cargo hold for a little, er . . . holding.

Tawny - DH is moving in the right direction when he admits he is feeling insecure about losing you. This could be the beginning of a more open dialogue for you two. PTSD guys really need a lot of reassurance, and truly, it doesn't cost you much to tell him you're in it for the long haul, you're behind him, especially if he gets out from behind the bottle. But I can tell you from experience, pushing this issue doesn't work with these guys, they just dig their heels in more - they hate authority. The effect on the children is a good way to bring it home as others have already said. But mostly, he needs to know you are solid - with him. I don't envy your struggle, but as Amy said, it can develop into much more, if you can stick it out. you can do it.

Amy and Tawny - what branch of service, what conflict/war and what rank/job did your guys have??? BTW, nice kitchen set up Amy, and DH and I are doing what you are, in paying off the mortgage as fast as we can. I think you are so smart to be doing this so young. Your DH should be very proud and find a lot of peace of mind in this, but as you said, MEN - can't live with 'em - can't shoot 'em.

Jill - sorry you've had so many struggles of late, but like Vicki said, your subconcious may be denying your diabetes, sabatoging you on the basest levels. But, you lost 4 of what you gained, so you're back in the swing. Hang tough.

While we were at the beach, I did a 3 mile walk each day, from our camp to the light house. Beautiful walk and it felt great. I can't stick with the running as I have an arrythmia, but the walking is working well and today I went for 4 miles right here at home, including quite a few hills. I'm committing to more hours of exercise per week, seeing what it has done for Josephine. I also started riding my bike again, it was great fun.

DH took dd to DQ for a blizzard and he was so trying to trip me up! I consented to one taste of dd's candy cane (liked that) and one of dh's mocha chip (not much taste). Fortunately, I had brought a serving of my soy shake and a fiber bar for just such a happening (plus to stay on my every 3 hour schedule). Weight is about the same, but I think I've put on some muscle witht he increased activity - but I still have time to lose before WI day - Saturday.

A few pics of this weekend below. Have a great day - I'll be out in the yard all day tomorrow.

C-ya

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 06-24-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:36 AM   #292  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

My hubby was in a severe car accident , he was in a utility in the middle seat. and they were stopped for traffic lights.. i truck lost its brakes and plowed through there vehicle crushing the tray into the cab and throwing my hubbys head and neck out the back window , he was luckier then the other passenger who was on the left hand side though, becuase the tray bent his way .. he had his face smashed and had the have 5 reconsructive surgeries on his face and jaw. Johns dad was jolted but not injured . ( right hand drivers seat). Johns head neck and chest were all injured but no bones were broken luckily.. but he body is now a funny shape.. his chest is no longer straight the left hand side sticks out a good inch more then the right .. he gets chest pain and reacurring night mares .. the chest pain leads to him worrying and digging at his chest which causes anxiety and he digs more has more pain.. and end up down the hospital once again with chest pain..
he has spent nights in the heart clinic..

he took pot for a while becuase he thought it would help.. and he had a really bad reaction fro it ended up with severe chest pain and irregular heart beat .. this all steams from the accident.. he was diagnosed as PTSD about 10 years ago .. the accident was about 10.5 -11 years ago i suppose .. he gets bad anxiety and depression.. and in the past he tryed to drown his sorrows in drink .. and that just makes him worse.. so we have a no drink policie in our house .. which he sticks too for the most part .. sometimes he can be fine for a long time and then he has bouts again.. you never know whats gonna set him off and he has a very low tolerance sometimes.. one time you can muck around and he'll laugh like he used to and the next time he will bite my head off .. you just never know..

with all this said.. he is a great guy , he has a great sense of humour he is a great dad and husband .. and 90% of the time he is ok .. so .. i whinge when hes bad.. it makes me feel .. 100% better and that is that.. when i say nothing about him he is behaving so most of the time lol.. isnt it funny we only talk to our friends about our hubbies when they are missbehaving ..

so yeah no war just bad accident
Old 06-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #293  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Dora, great pictures once again!

And walking is just wonderful exercise! I know it is often overlooked for it's more "glamorous" sister, running, but really you can meet all your fitness goals with walking. I may have mentioned this before, but I know fitness walkers who can lay down 10 minute miles, something I CAN'T do walking! Man, are they in shape and they regularly walk marathons!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #294  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

I hope you ladies have been doing well. I have hopefully gotten back into the swing of working out again. I have been doing my runs in the morning on my Elliptical and have done my yoga and stength training on my Wii for the last 2 days. I feel better, which you would think would keep me motivated to keep working out, but it is like I get tired and all I want to do is sleep sometimes.

I won't make my ultimate goal most-likely this time around, but I want to get into Onederland and that is what I am aiming for right now. I can do it if I really want to, I don't want this to be like before where I get close only to quit and never really make it to where I need to be.

I am going to hopefully get some lifting in tonight at my parent's house.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #295  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Dora---loved the piratess and the seascapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Onthetee- are you starting your pushups today with me?
Yes, I did them in the AM. First column, and my max was 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I signed up to do the pushup challenge, too. I can't do even one in the correct position on the floor. I'm starting off on the 4th stair step. Hopefully, I'll be on the floor soon, too.

Made it through on-plan day 1. Did my walk today and stayed within my 1500 calories.
W00T!

Here is something that stuns me and makes me wonder what kind of person I am. With just doing the arms and waist slimmer portions of my Pilates vid, I can see a huge difference in the way my gut looks. I know this to be true as it relates to my appearance. So why would I ever stop doing them? When the results are so noticeable, what would make me stop? And will the same thing happen with the push ups? After the challenge, will I have rockin' guns and then give that up?

Last edited by onthetee; 06-24-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #296  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning Ladies

Nothing much going on...day 2 today of my crazy exercise plan in action. Food wise also doing fine. Making a slight change of keeping my Breakfast calories higher than lunch calories. I'm trying to adjust to this change cuz I'm not used to eating a heavier breakfast. So far so good...future weeks will tell

Dora, wonderful pictures. It looks so gorgeous. And thanks for your nice comment about my garden.
Rhonda, that's awesome! So glad you made it through yesterday OP - Baby steps (that's what I keep telling myself). I'm happy you're doing the push up challenge with us.
Kelly, I feel ya...I have those days too.
Amy, glad you're doing 100% OP. I am happy for ya.
Jill, how are you doing today?

Last edited by pintobean; 06-24-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #297  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Go Josephine!

2 weeks n a row of being Biggest Loser
Old 06-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #298  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Josephine - You are one kick butt girl!

You do the blues proud!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on this weeks WIN!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #300  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Congrats, blue team! Way to go Josephine!!