Old 06-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #271  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am looking forward to my endocrinologist appt on Thursday, hopefully he can shed some light on things. I'll feel better for a day or two, then back to feeling icky...I don't like it! So, that is going to change!!!

So far I am on plan for today. I am going to the gym right after work tonight. Even if it's hot. I have let myself slack a bit there and I really want to get back on track.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #272  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ok so its after lunch and I got a hubby update...

the doctor says its not diverticulitis because although he has some diverticulum, they are not inflammed. His lower bowel is inflammed and they don't know what from.

So he has blood work tomorrow and a colonoscopy Thursday. I can't imagine the bills will be fun after this.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

I had an awful week for exercise and eating last week! It was my birthday so I went out a lot, had many late, late nights. There is lots of junk food and cakes left in the office. I will have to give it all away to someone or I will snack all day. I threw my body clock right off going to bed at 6am or 7am all over the weekend, and unable to sleep last night.

But I am starting over today. Back to the healthy living that I was enjoying over the last few months. It’s amazing how crappy and sluggish I feel. This is how I must have felt all the time over the last few years.

Tomorrow I intend to give up smoking (again!). I really struggle with it. I am worried how it will affect the scales. I know that from the change in your metabolism alone you can expect to gain 6lbs, and then there is the snacking on top of that. If I find that I am putting on a lot of weight I will have to ask to leave the team, as I don’t want you numbers to climb up because I am not smoking.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #274  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
Tomorrow I intend to give up smoking (again!). I really struggle with it. I am worried how it will affect the scales. I know that from the change in your metabolism alone you can expect to gain 6lbs, and then there is the snacking on top of that. If I find that I am putting on a lot of weight I will have to ask to leave the team, as I don’t want you numbers to climb up because I am not smoking.
Smoking is fulfilling a need for you. As long as you don't use food to satisfy that need, you should be fine. Try exercise, reading, playing a game on Pogo, watching TV, sex ...anything that can distract you. You can do this!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #275  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Smoking is fulfilling a need for you. As long as you don't use food to satisfy that need, you should be fine. Try exercise, reading, playing a game on Pogo, watching TV, sex ...anything that can distract you. You can do this!
I agree! And all those times you used to go out for a smoke break, just take a quick 5-minute walk around your building. I used to go out on "smoke breaks" with friends even though I didn't smoke because it was nice to get away from my desk for a few, so you can still continue to take little breaks
Old 06-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #276  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. DH has had a good day today. He's back on track. I guess all the talking this weekend has helped him somewhat. I still need to sit and talk to him about his drinking. I agree with what everyone says about his drinking. I don't think it is appropriate for the kids and it's not something the kids need to be around. He has this huge wall of insecurity and he doesn't know how to deal with it. I'm not excusing him for drinking, I'm just saying what we talked about this weekend.
No other plans today. Just sit around and IM all day. DH is working nights this week. I like it when he works nights. The home is more peaceful.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #277  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Our DSL has been spotty today.

I did my 4 miles this morning, a little Pilates and the push up challenge. Did SUPER on my eating today, and had the most delicious fajitas tonight. I have a big bottle of cheap tequila that I need to use, and fajita marinade seemed perfect!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #278  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Day two at the gym completed.

I am a little disappointed. I asked the owner to show me some lower body stuff today. She showed me all machines. I don't want to do machines. I want to lift free weights. (Yes, you can picture me stomping my foot while typing that.)

The good news is my mom is gonna spring for a personal training package for my birthday. Five hours worth! That should hopefully get me started in the right direction.

I can finally get my hands over my head from last Friday's workout. The push up challenge stuff didn't help my already dying triceps. I did legs today so hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow, lol.

Since I used my last regular freebie for this week I really need to buckle down. I was also going to get back to C25K. Friday the mp3 battery was dead. I remembered to change it this morning but the ear buds I took were crap and you couldn't hear anything over the tv. Gotta remember to take the good ones Wednesday.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 06-23-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #279  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post

But we worked on our little garden patch yesterday. We planted some flowers (marigolds and geranium) and 2 trees. We're so happy about that.

So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I KNEW I couldn't continue on that path--my health issues won't allow it. I've since managed to rope myself back in ...
I missed you! Glad you're back and in your regular routine. Traveling is tough for anyone. I'm sure you extra weight will be off in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I'm reporting a 3.2 loss for week 9 (I'm a week ahead of most folks it seems). Man, I can't believe only 6 more weeks to go, it is going by SO fast!
AMAZING! I shouldn't be surprised anymore to see these phenomenal numbers from you though! The challenge is going quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
So if you know you have sexy pirates, you need to pm me with those choices otherwise you get stuck with just the smiley.
The extra smiley is fine for me. Can't spend any time researching sexy men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
As long as you don't use food to satisfy that need, you should be fine. Try exercise, reading, playing a game on Pogo, watching TV, sex ...anything that can distract you. You can do this!
Leave it to Rhonda to sneak the "s" word in here!

Seriously, though, dubh, good luck with the quiting. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I did my 4 miles this morning, a little Pilates and the push up challenge. Did SUPER on my eating today, and had the most delicious fajitas tonight. I have a big bottle of cheap tequila that I need to use, and fajita marinade seemed perfect!
OK, so you're wrapping up the perfect SAHM day! I love fajitas!

MJ - gl at your appointment.

Anjuli - I hear you on the "being good for most part". I hate half-assing it. It feels so good at the end of the day to know that I did everything i could do to become a healthier person.

Chellez - maybe they'll find the problem with dh once they do the colonscopy.

I lost 1.8 pounds this week. I'm happy with that.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #280  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I don't want to do machines. I want to lift free weights. (Yes, you can picture me stomping my foot while typing that.)
I like free weights also. Do they have cable machines. Cables are cool too. Lunges, squats, deadlifts are amazing also!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #281  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
OK, so you're wrapping up the perfect SAHM day! I love fajitas!

Actually, Will did not get to go to LEGO club this week because he was an MLS this morning. In my absence, DH covered his algebra lesson AND coached him on cleaning his room. Extra good!

And I think I have calories for wine tonight!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #282  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I went to the gym and did my whole planned workout! YIPPEE! I feel really good, tired, but good tired! I am going to relax w/ dh and the dogs and hopefully get to bed early.

Hope everyone is having a great on plan evening!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #283  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Onthetee- are you starting your pushups today with me? I am thinking maybe you should do that B4 the wine, LOL, although, now I am picturing doing them after a glass of wine... LOL
My plan is to do mine after the dentist tonight...
haven't had my teeth cleaned in oh... 5 ish years....
sort of scared!

P.S. and the BF is doing them too, but he doesn't know that he will be forced to do them... I'll let you know how that goes.

Last edited by vixjean; 06-23-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #284  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I like free weights also. Do they have cable machines. Cables are cool too. Lunges, squats, deadlifts are amazing also!
We did triceps and biceps on the cable yesterday. I can tell you right now I won't be on the machines much. Mel and Meg have drilled that into my head way to many times on the lifting forum. But I do know I have to start somewhere. Wanna share your workout plan with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
P.S. and the BF is doing them too, but he doesn't know that he will be forced to do them... I'll let you know how that goes.
I tried talking DH into them. He got down on the floor and cranked out 30. Basturd men. I tried convincing him he could start on week 5 but so far no go.

I did mine again tonight. Incline 11-11-8-8-12 Maybe someday I'll get to the floor.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #285  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I signed up to do the pushup challenge, too. I can't do even one in the correct position on the floor. I'm starting off on the 4th stair step. Hopefully, I'll be on the floor soon, too.

Made it through on-plan day 1. Did my walk today and stayed within my 1500 calories.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-23-2008 at 09:29 PM.