Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #91  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

dixie-sorry you're feeling so bad. hugs to you and hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #92  
Trying it again....

i can't sleep at night. is it because I'm working out now? I have so much energy that I can't fall asleep but when I do sleep, I sleep good and don't wanna wake up the morning. Or is it cause maybe I'm excited about going to vegas next month? I will be 6 hours away from my brother and all my friends. I can either go to utah and visit friends or I can go to california and visit friends. decisions decisions. I don't even know if Leo would let me drive to either place. I would love to though.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #93  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

OK, now I have time for games!
YOUR NAME: Nori
4 LETTER WORD: Nile
BOY NAME : Nolan
GIRL NAME: Noelle
A COLOR: Neon green
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: Necklace
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: Naked On The Bathroom Floor
FOOD: Nectarine
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: Nair
A PLACE: Norway
REASON FOR BEING LATE: No clean clothes
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: NO!
A CAR: Nissan
A FLOWER: Nasturtium
VACATION SPOT: Netherlands
Old 06-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #94  
Trying it again....

Ok, since I can't sleep, I'll participate too

YOUR NAME: Tawnya
4 LETTER WORD: love
BOY NAME : Leo
GIRL NAME:madison
A COLOR: charcoal gray
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: shirt
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: water
FOOD: grapefruit
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: toilet paper
A PLACE:salt lake city
REASON FOR BEING LATE:too many kids
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: what are you doing?
A CAR: Mitsubishi EVO
A FLOWER: white ginger
VACATION SPOT: Ireland
Old 06-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #95  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

A lot goes on here while I'm out at work!!!

First of all to the 10th power to our infirmary blosers - Anna and Dixie. You guys eat much tomatoes? Really, very sorry you two are down. And Nori, hope you get that monthly visitor to get on with it so you'll be feeling bettr too.

Tawny - I really feel for you and putting up with Leo. I've been with my PTSD drinking vet for 29 years and I do have to say, he is somewhat better. But, he does go to PTSD meetings each week at the VA, so perhaps that helps. (But then again, he always comes home on Thursdays and definitely drinks ). Keep doing what you are doing for yourself. That will be your only sanity. to you too.

Josephine and Fran - 4# and 3.6#!!! What the heck are you guys doing???

Funny Jill should mention Debbie Meyer Green Bags - I just bought my first box today. I let you know Anjuli how they work along with Jill. I put strawberries in one and broccoli in another so far. Cool you own Subarus too, we can't say enough about how pleased we are with 'em.

Jamie - Awesome news on the promotion. After all the anguishing, then its just slipped in an email! At least it came through - woo hoo.

Rhonda - I've been meaning to ask you about putting the steel cut oats in the crock pot. I know you've mentioned doing it the night before. How much do you make, in what sized pot, settings, time? Focus on you and me and the blue team for a bit and let those men go on their merry way - most the time they don't even know they're upsetting us - "What me, worry?" Seriously, though, I would like the info on cooking the oats, please

I too decided some time back that certain snacks are just not to be bought. Affirm now girls -
"I don't buy unhealthy foods at any time"
"I do not enjoy _____."

Keep up the good work team - we wouldn't be struggling if we weren't at least still trying!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 06-17-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #96  
Trying it again....

dora-yeah, he's sick of his ptsd but doesn't know what else to do. he sees a counselor and it was helping in the beginning. got back on meds, it was helping for alittle while but now he's got his depression and anxiety back. He doesn't have his lash-out at whoever is around for no reason at all moments anymore but he's still very depressed and you can see it in his face. I feel so helpless sometimes.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:45 AM   #97  
Believing is Seeing

YOUR NAME: Dora
4 LETTER WORD: Doll
BOY NAME : Dalton
GIRL NAME: Dierdre
A COLOR: Dusk
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: Diamond-studded Dildo
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: Daquiri
FOOD: Daikon
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: Doo Doo
A PLACE: Dunes
REASON FOR BEING LATE: Digging ditches
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: Damn!
A CAR: Dodge Dart
A FLOWER: Daisy
VACATION SPOT: Denmark
Old 06-17-2008, 02:00 AM   #98  
Believing is Seeing

Tawny,

I understand your frustration and concern, but truly, the veteran is the one who must want to be helped. The best you can do is be supportive, but not enabling and take care of your own mental health. You are doing just that in this program. Hang in there - I truly feel your pain, but I also enjoy sharing the joys you are receiving in your improved body image. You're doing all the right stuff!!!

Dora
Old 06-17-2008, 06:40 AM   #99  
Trying it again....

Thanks Dora. I really appreciate it. It's hard to find anyone who understands what I am going through. It's one of those where you don't know what it's like until you have experienced it yourself. How do you deal with it? Or how have you dealt with it in the past? Sometimes it can get so bad I wanna leave. I know I won't, it just feels that way. We used to be so happy but now he's pulling us down. He tries blaming my infedelity (sp?) but I know it's because of the war. If it was because I had cheated on him, then he might be one of very few who suffer from ptsd but there are thousands and thousands that suffer from it, not just him. I talk to my best friend about it and she's always understanding and she'll listen but I know she doesn't really really understand. She keeps telling me that if it were her, she would've left already. I don't know. I guess I'm babbling about it. But how did you deal with it for so long? Don't you get tired of it?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #100  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
HDo you puke for 12 hours straight because of sinus infections? That's how I spent yesterday. FUN. NOT.
You poor, poor thing, I'm sorry you've got the Ebola virus or something! I hope you are at least a little improved this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T Changed your Aviator yet, come on - all the COOL kids are doing it! Plus I want to see your pics too! =)
I'll look for a decent pic and TEMPORARILY change it if it will make me COOL.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #101  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Talking

Morning Girlies...How's everyone doing?

Nothing much to report here. Trying to workout every day and staying OP. I've been feeling lightheaded a lot lately (past few months). It comes and goes and its random. I called my doctor's office and tried to set up an appointment for my physical exam (long overdue) and she's not available until October This is June for god's sake. Anywho, I did make the appointment for when I could get it and then I had to set up a separate one for my lightheaded issue end of July (could not get anything before). This is ridiculous. I guess I'll have to call for an early appt if it gets worse.

Ladies...another recent study showed coffee is good for you. Of course excess of anything is bad so don't start drinking it by the gallons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Yes, Pinto, that's the book! I'm on the last chapter. Which county library did you end up going to? I know the libraries carry it.
Fran, I went to the Howard County Library since I was a member long time ago. They have several centers and I went to the one across from Columbia Mall. Now they have a system (maybe you know) that if you're a library member their special library card is valid at any MD library as long as you're a student, working or living in MD. I thought it was cool and it's free. Anyway, the book is checked out right now so I reserved it online for whenever it's available they'll let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
...I have to say, the worst thing about wearing a HRM is taking it off after the workout, to find it dripping with sweat. Pretty gross.
Yes I have to agree...it's all wet when I take it off too.

Last edited by pintobean; 06-17-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #102  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Here we go LINDA...

Everything with a K for my name
YOUR NAME: Kelly
4 LETTER WORD: Kind
BOY NAME : Kareem
GIRL NAME: Karen
A COLOR: Kiwi
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: Knit Pants
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: Kamikaze
FOOD: Krispy Kreme Donuts
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: Kleenex
A PLACE: Kashmir, India
REASON FOR BEING LATE: Keys are lost
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: Kick it! (can you tell I just finished soccer season)
A CAR: Kia
A FLOWER: Kudzu
VACATION SPOT: Key West, FL
Old 06-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #103  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

OK, I am so freaking far behind after yesterday. I had an impressive to do list to finish while DH and the kids were at his parents'. And yet, I spent the day on the couch. I feel like I will never catch up. Considering hiring sitter for afternoon with money I don't have. Anyway, I won't be around much today because there is too much to do.

Also, I am taking yesterday's crapfest as an opportunity to start over with some of my weight loss choices. I did well last week, adding the Pilates, and I plan to continue that. Having such a low, though artificial, weight this morning was quite the motivator not to totally screw that up.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #104  

Height: 5'7"

Here's a J entry...

YOUR NAME: Jaime
4 LETTER WORD: Jump
BOY NAME : John
GIRL NAME: Jennifer
A COLOR: Juniper (green? )
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: jumper
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: Kamikaze
FOOD: jicama
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: Jel (some people spell gel that way, right?)
A PLACE: Jail
REASON FOR BEING LATE: Just enjoyed the bed too much
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: JUMP! (you know, assuming you're a skydiving instructor)
A CAR: Jaguar
A FLOWER: jjjjjjsomething pretty
VACATION SPOT: Jamaica

This was tough for J! Anyone want to help me out on the three I fudged?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, add me to the sickcall list. Luckily not puking, but have a fever of 100.5 (which i realize is not "high" thankfully) and body aches, sore throat, headache. I took 2 zinc lozenges when it came on yesterday in the middle of working out and then let myself sweat/freeze it out last nite. Had to break down and take the ibu's today bc the headache is killing me. Woke up every 2 hrs last nite either burning up or freezing from my wet hair. Hopefully this will be gone in 3 days.

So I guess "easing" back in to exercise post surgery didn't Quite mean doing my cardio and fbwo (lifting) in the same day. Though I did one in the morning and one late afternoon, owww. Probably made worse by the virus I've got. But at least I can sit and go down stairs without extreme pain, so it coudl be worse.

If I post a new avatar, I think it will be of my kidney stone, have to see if I can cut my photo well enough to do that.

Tawny, about being sleepless, I remember the same from when I was very active and losing. Something about losing weight disturbs your natural sleep rhythms. Just make sure you're not exercising in the evenings or drinking caffeine; if you are, cutting that out might help. But yes, the last time when I was losing 32 lbs, I can remember vacuuming my lampshades. That's energy!

Pinto, that's MY library! OK, so I'll turn in my copy today so that you can get an email tomorrow that it's available.