Old 07-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #496  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

g'morning, Bluesers!

Just popping in to say hi--nothing much new to report. Looks like the weather should be nice for the next couple days, so we may actually FINALLY get to seal our deck. I told Jeff he has to do the staircase, though, because there are lots of spider webs/spiders on there, which I do NOT deal well with I can't WAIT to get it done--we've been waiting to seal it for weeks now. We got our new patio furniture probably about 2 months ago now, and it's been sitting in boxes in our house waiting to be put together because we can't put it out on the deck until the deck is finished!

Oh, my good neighbor sold her townhouse The townhouse on the other side of us is rented and doesn't have anyone living in it--they let the grass grow to be waist high, the bushes are overgrown, there's mildew on the siding, the gutters are pulling away on the sides...I don't know what we pay HOA for if they're not bugging these people to clean up their act! I hope the people who move in to my good neighbor's house are nice. She said she's met them, and they're a younger unmarried couple with 2 kids, and the father is a radiologist. Hopefully that translates to people who will be friendly, helpful, cooperative, and quiet
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #497  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Thanks! I finally have a picture of myself that doesn't make me cringe and it's rather ironic since I'm sun-burned, without makeup, and covered in camping grunge!
You look healthy and Zen and very mother-earth! Quite lovely!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #498  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Kim-thanks!!! I'm gonna look it up.

Well, last night was day one for leo not drinking. Woohoo!! Every long journey begins with one step! I hope he really listened to me this time....I mean, he should because i didn't even let him speak when I told him off. Went to the gym last night and I am all achey all over. Good workout. I've never done a class with this teacher before and I think I like it. If I hurt, the better.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #499  
Michelle the Vegan

I don't know how I missed those photos, Dora, but VERY nice! Love the garlic (with Plurk) and I love your curls!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #500  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Rhonda- I know it's hard to get past tough stuff, but you can do it!!! You are worth it!!!

Tk-Oh my gosh that is too funny! I'm glad you spoke up to your DH and I hope he takes it to heart and starts to make some changes.

Cindy-Great job joining a gym!

Shay-I know I love watching the Summer Olympics!

Kim-Oh man so I was looking at the Garmins online and man I could see how you could love it! Once I get more into running and can warrant buying one I'm going to!!!

Kelly-I just had to tell you that what you said the other day about the exercise challenge got me thinking. I was not taking time for myself and that is the one thing I really need to be doing. If I don't take time for myself no one else will make the time for me that's for sure. SO . . . . . . . . .

I got up at 6 am this morning and did C25K W4D1!!!!! (I wanted to repeat the week since it's been so long since I have exercised with C25K) When the alarm went off this morning I thought to myself "Kelly would be already up and working out, so get your butt out of bed" I just wanted to say that even though sometimes the truth is hard to hear it needed to be said and I'm thankful to you for speaking up! Now I'm off to log my workout on our blue team workout thread.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #501  
Michelle the Vegan

Way to go, Jen! Way to make some YOU time really work for you!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #502  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Thanks Josephine! You are also a big inspiration to me!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #503  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default Oh what a beautiful morning....

First, the weather here is perfect in everyway. LOVELY. I could not ask for anything better. The house is open, the breeze is blowing. Perfection.

Two, my run this morning was great. I walked 2.3 mi then ran for two; I was just short of 2 when I realized I still had two songs on my play list. I ended up at 2.7, which makes me very happy. I realized that for whatever twist of weirdness, I run better in my neighborhood than if I am in the three that connect to us.

Three, the scales are showing progress! Not huge, but enough to keep that motivation working for me. I won't post a weigh in that blows you away next week, but I won't be up or posting something like .2 or .4.

Four, the push up challenge rocks. If you are not doing it, I encourage you to give it a try. There is something powerful in having that measure of increased strength. It is kind of fun to walk around knowing that if some issues some sort of push up duel (and doesn't that happen to you three or four times a week?), you would be able to hold your own.

have a great day!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #504  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

We past our 500th post...wow!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #505  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Tsk, Tsk, Chelle, you are slacking off. Should we see how high we can get it before someone closes it?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #506  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
He is packing all his cars and walks out the door.
That is probably all my DS would take too. I used to run away daily at that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarie2pt0 View Post
Yay - its the new me... I can't decide if I've been rebooted or upgraded
I love the new name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
And you are going to ruin all this work by getting knocked up!!!?

I just did my push ups (column two this week!!) and my crunches. I was not planning to do anything else today but enjoy my clean house and the lovely weather. However, I bet I have to do 3-4 miles of walking to get the troll to sleep. GEEZ! I hate having toddlers during DST.
I had the same thought about Kim. No way do I ever plan on ruining my body like that again.

DST is the .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfL_Cat View Post
I joined a new gym yesterday! I think this will give me just the boost I need to keep things going! Lots of new equipment to check out, and many more new exercises to work into my program. I can't wait to spend more time there!
Cindy
I just joined a new one a few weeks ago. I'm lovin' it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
But I did fit into a skirt I haven't worn since before getting pregnant with DD!! The inches are going. Now the pounds just need to follow.
Great job getting into the skirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
because there are lots of spider webs/spiders on there, which I do NOT deal well with

Oh, my good neighbor sold her townhouse
I agree on spiders. That is what DH's are for. The good neighbors are always the first to leave. I hope the new people are kind, quiet, and considerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
Well, last night was day one for leo not drinking. Woohoo!! Every long journey begins with one step!
Sending him lots of positive vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
I got up at 6 am this morning and did C25K W4D1
Whohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I realized that for whatever twist of weirdness, I run better in my neighborhood than if I am in the three that connect to us. Are you running faster in your own neighborhood to avoid the neighbors laughing?

Three, the scales are showing progress! Quit holding on to the toilet paper holder like my DD does.

the push up challenge rocks. If you are not doing it, I encourage you to give it a try.
Do it!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #507  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

I went for a wonderful bike ride this morning. I went further along a quiet road than I have gone before and it was beatutiful, wonderful views, silent and breezy. It was a great way to start the day!

I ate a very healthy meal last night. Does anyone here make Ceviche? It is cubed fish cured in lemon juice with finely diced peppers and onions (there are variations). I had the ceviche over a salad, very very tasty!