Old 06-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #61  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Yeah, i thought it was jsut me that plurk wasn't working for. i had x's all over the place...
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #62  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Jennifer, get back on track!!! There is that better?
Thanks!! I needed that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Get your butt in GEAR young lady! There will be NO EXCUSES this week. You will GET IT DONE!
Thanks!! No excuses!! I will do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Jennifer - Sounds like you have the right idea - just put the bad choices behind you, move forward. You can't change the past but you can take charge of your future! I hope to see you back here later reporting an OP day!

by the way, we're promoting you effective 7/1,
Thanks for the support! WAY TO GO ON THE PROMOTION!!!!! You totally deserve it!

Dora-Congrats on the new car!!! It's beautiful!

Rhonda and Jill-I'm right there with you! Lets get back OP together!!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #63  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
horrible stomach/intestinal thing here. posted a small loss. had big plans for day as DH took kids to ILs. Nothing getting done. Just popping in as I make some tea. gah.
Sorry you are sick Anna. Feel better soon!

Last edited by Hopefulpinkangel; 06-16-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #64  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My a-ha for today: My perfectionist tendencies are sabotaging my weight loss efforts. I'm falling into the all-or-nothing mentality. "I must eat Southbeach approved foods only, count my calories, drink my water, and exercise for one strenuous hour daily." When I look at all I require of myself each day and I look at how much I have left to lose, I get overwhelmed and do nothing. Every day, I just can't seem to drag up the energy to tackle the mountain. So, why must I tackle the whole mountain at once? Why not just tackle one thing at a time?

For today, I'll focus on eating Southbeach foods only. I'll require nothing else of myself today. If I work out...good. If I don't....that's okay. I'm not tracking calories and I hate water! I'll just try a little bit harder to make changes each day.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda, in the book I'm reading that I referenced earlier, she only started with exercise. Went to the track and walked one lap. Then a few weeks later, ran it. Then added on up to 4 laps, etc. Only after that seemed really easy and doable did she tackle her food. She lost 4 sizes just from exercising every day and keeping her food the same as it had been. Not saying that's the way YOU have to do it, but to say, you are right on. There's no rule saying you must make a clean break. In fact, I think even Bob Greene, and Bob Blue say the same thing. Congrats for figuring out what was overwhelming you!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #66  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
you know what - I thought about pushing the "go advance" button so I could so a smiley and then got beeped...so sorry...here's your hug!!

All right.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #67  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Jill, just remember the blood sugar issues. It's not an option for you anymore, this is scary diabetic stuff. You've got to get back on your path to good health.

Good news I've discovered is that when I have been eating well for 2-3 weeks, that any variance makes me totally ill. I got some icecream with the dd's once and paid for it later that nite. Last nite I had some cheesecake from our after movie excursion, and that killed me overnite. I'm getting the message finally! It's like the book I'm reading right now, "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl" who had her turnaround when she caught herself in the mirror while puking up into the toilet her half gallon of mint chocolate chip. Good book, btw.

Fran, is this the book you're talking about?
Secrets of a former fat girl : how to lose two, four (or more!) dress sizes-- and find yourself along the way - by Lisa Delaney

Old 06-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #68  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

thank you for the love, Jennifer
Old 06-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #69  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

ran into an old friend and said i look great!!! i am feeling great. I don't wanna sound conceited but I feel good and I think I'm looking better and better everyday. I can't wait to use my bikini!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #70  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
ran into an old friend and said i look great!!! i am feeling great. I don't wanna sound conceited but I feel good and I think I'm looking better and better everyday. I can't wait to use my bikini!!!
Nothing wrong with knowing you look good!!! I remember that feeling when I got down to 172 about 10 years ago and I got too comfortable and quit trying and then slowly over 10 years packed it all back on. I now know that this will NEVER end!! Getting to goal isn't an "end".
Old 06-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #71  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post
YOUR NAME: Linda
4 LETTER WORD: love
BOY NAME : Leon
GIRL NAME: Lousia
A COLOR: lilac
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: leotard
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: lemonade
FOOD: lemon fingers
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: lotion
A PLACE: Little Rock
REASON FOR BEING LATE: lost

SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: Lalapalooza!
A CAR: lamborghini

A FLOWER: lillies of the valley
VACATION SPOT: Lake Michigan
Is there a game thread you meant to post this on? Or did you mean it for is here? I wasn't sure!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #72  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi everyone.

Not much to report. I had a very active weekend, played tennis and rode my bike. I did eat some very rich food though, but not enough to go over my calorie allowance. There is a leaving party for a friend tonight, which will mean I will probably go over my calories; tomorrow is poker night so it will probably be bad tomorrow also! Wednesday I will have to work my arse off at the gym!
Old 06-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #74  
One life, live it well

I need TOM to be here already. Such a backache and cramps. Not normal for me. At all.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Anna - I hope you feel better soon and I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy on the day you were going to get so much done.

Nori - I hope you feel better soon too!

Tkglenn - You sound so happy about the weight loss and how good you're looking! You deserve these results from all your hard work.

Rhonda - WTG on your "Aha!" moment. I'm a fellow perfectionist and I often get caught up in the same mentality as you. It's a struggle to keep taking one step at a time without worrying about doing every single thing perfectly at once.

As for me, I'm feeling quiet and kind of bleh today. I indulged in wheat twice yesterday (a hamburger bun and an english muffin) and I'm suffering for it today. Stupid bread and stupid wheat sensitivity.

I did go for a walk to the park with the kiddos today and I'm planning on running to DS's soccer game tonight which should make for a nice 4K run. I had a smoothie for a nice big afternoon snack so it should hold me over until after the game.