Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I forgot Reda! You wild woman . . . going to Sturgis! Whoo Hooo!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #122  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

GOOD Morning indeed! Thanks Reda!

OK Black Team--here is a an excellent LIST OF FIBER FOODS!

Gotta say...nope, NOT posting from the bathroom, but also no problems either...I am one regular woman. If you can eat a high fiber, bran cereal and you have any kind of veggies that day also, it is almost inevitable that you will get in a fair amount. This site suggests you need 30-40 gm a day for optimal health. I think I can do this for awhile in that range.

Off to the exercise dungeon!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #123  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post

Well, apparently some of you would be hesitant to think outside the box in terms of foods...Brussels sprouts for breakfast, why not? ?
'fraid not. I'm always on the look out for some protein based foods that keep the munchies at bay until lunch. In fact, most traditional carb based breakfast stuff like bagels and cereal only make me hungry an hour later.

For me it's a case of strong smells really getting to me in the morning. I'm afraid brussel sprouts are a bit too "fragrant" at 6am. To each his own tho, right? - long as it's not little chocolate doughnuts

Thanks for the list of high fiber foods Manick. Good reference which I've printed out and will use with my weekly shopping list and menu planner. Don't forget to up the water intake to help that fiber along...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello Team!
Now I am in caribean instead of Sweden. Will be here for 3-4 months..
I will weigh in tomorrow,, let's see how the scale here is.. Different scales that I've used can shift up to 5 pounds..
It's 88 degrees here,, but according to weather.com it feels like 99... Let's see later if there will be a workout,,I will visit a lot of friends those coming days that I haven't seen in one year..
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #125  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
I have been to the gym 2 days in a row, which is great after not going for 2 weeks! I always feel so sexy when I have been working out! Part of that may be b/c I am playing hookie from work this afternoon to have a little afternoon delight! LOL Anyway, ladies...I am hoping to finally see that scale move more this week. I am skipping the gym today, but will be working up a sweat all afternoon! Back to the grind tomorrow and Saturday though! Just 2 more weeks and school is done for 5 weeks!! I can't wait!

Fiber: I think I need more, I used to be so good about making sure I got enough, but I have gotten lazy in that dept. I will have to use Manick as inspiration to get that moving again!

Drinking: I rarely drink, part b/c the calories, part from just being burnt out. I did so much of that stuff when I was younger that it just doesn't interest me. One thing is for sure, I will be drinking at my sister's wedding, I am the maid of honor and I will need something to get up front of 100 people to give my speech!

Mugsy: I recently went from having my hair most of the way down my back to just below my shoulders...when I left the salon it wasn't what I wanted, but when I did it the next day, boy was it smokin' hot! I may never grow my hair long again! I am having a great hair day...Hopefully I can pass some of it on to you for your event tonight!

Bye for now...Everyone have a great day! I will be back tomorrow!!

--Misty

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 06-12-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Team!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #127  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
'fraid not. I'm always on the look out for some protein based foods that keep the munchies at bay until lunch. In fact, most traditional carb based breakfast stuff like bagels and cereal only make me hungry an hour later.
I can't eat refined carb foods like that either. No good!

Brussels sprouts, they certainly *are* stinky.

You may be surprised to learn that the Brussels sprouts I had break down this way: 12 grams of protein 12 grams of fiber 24 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of fat for 130 calories!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #128  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I think it was you Soul who mentioned that the sprouts are full of protein - wow what a pleasant surprise that was and all the more reason in my mind to try the roasted ones. So thank you for all the extra info you provide with the food challenge. I've learned alot from you and Manick.

Now, can we find a low fat, low glycemic breakfast food that smells like warm cinnamon buns Well ok, I do have a great steel cut oats recipe...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #129  
Mind over platter

Happy--good point on the water, earlier! Yes I am getting a minimum of 96oz with my fiber plan...I also get in some extra liquids with decaf tea at night. So I really am the bathroom right now. I am just so stinkin' determined!

I was commiserating/complaining with DH today (I try to keep my weight loss talk to a minimum) and he pointed out that really going back to my old way which was "eating healthy stuff" but not measuring would only make me feel worse. At least I have a chance to lose something this way..and it's really all a matter of patience. Patience and continued determination when NOTHING seems to be happening day in and day out. Really I'm just PO'd at the scale today...and yeah, yeah...I could stop with the daily weighing, but I am working pretty hard and I WANT to be rewarded on the scale. Anyway... He also helpfully keeps pointing out how firm my behind is becoming Yesterday he said I could practically snap a pencil with it

Ok, I love LOTS of cinnamon on my oatmeal and if you have the allowance for it you could try this: This is absolutely scrumptious for a low fat treat! Sliced banana sauteed in a bit of butter (1-2 tsp) or just spray a non-stick pan with a little olive oil and cook the sliced banana on med heat till it gets brown. Then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and continue browning for a minute or so and serve it warm on top of your oatmeal. It is SO good!

Banana is a fairly low GI food , sugar is not, BUT you could substitute brown sugar style Splenda (if you eat that?) Anyway, this is a weekend standard at our house. Also a divine topping on french toast!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

So we had snow yesterday and today the city pool was open with kids swimming-I don't think it reached 70 degrees today-and the pool is NOT heated...brrrrr...but the weather looks to be warming up and we should be close to 80 tomorrow and 85 on Saturday and Sunday. I am so excited!

I tried one of my new yoga DVDs and it was pretty good. I got "yoga for weight loss: quick start" and "yoga conditioning for weight loss" I will try the quick start one tomorrow or possibly tonight. I didn't get my walk/run in this morning-slept in too late-stayed up too late last night working, but tomorrow I will get it in!

On the subject of refined carbs I am in the same boat. I am hypoglycemic and the refined carbs are a great boost, but then I plumit BAD-my blood sugar drops and I have an attack. I have to have lots of protien and fiber to balance it out. So pasta has to be loaded, no simple spaghetti for me.

Breakfast for me has never been cereal-HATE all of them! So I get creative-and often includes leftovers from the day before. My most eaten is 1/2 PBJ on wheat bread

Well I need to go mow my forest-all the rain and cool temps have really helped my grass, I just hope I saved my herbs
Old 06-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #131  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hey, that makes me think this would be a good question for everyone to answer:

What did you (or will you) have for breakfast?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #132  
Mind over platter

Hee hee...you know I just LOVE talking about this I'm slightly obsessed!

1 cup Go Lean
1/2 cup Fiber One
1 cup Frozen Organic Blueberries
1 cup Organic skim milk

370 calories, 2g fat, 24g sugar, 26g fiber, 24 g protein

Yeah, and I'm posting recipes for stuff I'm not even eating....
I'm eating 1 T of olive oil per day and taking my fish oil supplements, and no extra sugar (as in the granules).
Brown rice, vegetables (lots) shrimp, fish, some fruit, lean chicken, quinoa, and the occasional piece of cheese. Basic. Boring...sort of...but I'll tell ya, when I am REALLY hungry, just about ANY healthy thing tastes heavenly!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey gang!

SoulBliss, I'm not a big breakfast eater. I usually have a glass of milk and a "cereal bar". Right now, I'm stuck on Kashi bars, high in Protein & Fiber.

I haven't done great on exercise this week. I've had so much to do after work. But, I've maintained. I really have to buckle down these next couple of weeks.

I'm so dissappointed because my tomatoes have some sort of fungus. UGH!

I'll write more over the weekend. Right now, I'm exhausted.

Thank goodness tomorrow if FRIDAY!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

Manick-sounds yummy-all but the cereal stuff

I will probably have my 1/2 PBJ tomorrow morning. Pretzels and cheese for a snack and a turkey sandwich and beans for lunch and then I need to go shopping so not sure yet what the plan is for dinner.

Speaking of fiber minus water I thought I was going to die on Saturday. I had my wedding in the morning and then 2 other family sessions that day so as I was leaving I grabbed some "granola" bars from my moms stash and headed out for my busy day. In between the wedding and the first family session I ate one of the bars and drank maybe a cup of water (I am one of those people that drink when thirsty and until satisfied not really paying attention, although I am trying harder) went and did the first family session and started to feel the bloat/intestinal cramps by the time I was done with the second family session (oh and no other food or water was consumed) and I made it back to my mom's I was about ready to let them take me to the hospital as I was doubled over and drinking anything made me sick and eating anything was out of the question. Come to find out the bar I ate was a Fiber bar and that with the combination of dehydration I was in bad shape! SO moral of the story-pay attention to what you are grabbing and putting in your mouth and NEVER let yourself get dehydrated especially when you have a fiber bar in your gut!

Oh and in case anyone is wondering (I am sure you all care so much ) why I am not mowing the lawn like I said I was the DUMB mower wont start-yes there is gas in it

Last edited by smurf2110; 06-12-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #135  
Mind over platter

Ow! Yes, that is NOT fun! Good advice!