Old 06-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Manick that is awesome!!!! I better start eating some fiber.....

Is anyone watching the Oprah show today is her and Bob Green challenge and bringing people on that have lost weight over the last year boy do they look good....

Trooworld thanks for the cereal suggestion I will have to get some tomorrow and try it out.

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 06-13-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Happy Friday! I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave the office.

Manick, Congrats on the loss!

gg, I saw Sex & the City last weekend & really liked it. As someone had told me it was sort of predictable, but I still loved it.

Reda, I wish I had the nerve to ride a motorcycle. I dated a guy in college who had a bike & didn't really like it. The whole, "lean into the turn" got to me!

Glitter, Congrats on the bikini. I don't think I'll ever have the body for that. Bet ya looked awesome.

bethbeth, Good luck on the move.

Smurf, you did do a heck of a workout today. I'm impressed!

Tara, Congrats on the loss of weight & inches!

Cegee, hope you were able to get some rest today.

My weight stayed the same this week. I'm really going to have to buckle down these next couple of weeks. I go back to the doctor again at the end of the month & would love to lose another 3-4 pounds by then!

After I get off work I think I'm going to hit Target & maybe Wal-Mart to see if I can find smaller clothes. It's too easy to eat when my clothes are baggy and I'm getting lax. Tomorrow I'm going to the farmers mkt. I'm praying someone has tomatoes!!!

I may do some baking this weekend. Funny, I love to cook, but I don't enjoy what I make. I want to make my dad some pigs in the blanket from scratch for Father's Day, even though he won't get them for a couple of weeks. I'll freeze them until I head to the folks.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Manik - Whoo-hoo!! A loss . . . You'll be in Onederland soon!!

Troo - A pic . . . I was trying to forget that in my exuberance I mentioned a pic. I'll have to work on that! We had a fiasco at my house last night. (More on that below.) I'm with your DH. I want fun food on Friday. We always used to have pizza on Friday and still do a lot of the time.

Last night we realized our dishwasher was leaking water into the basement. DH got it fixed but it was a mess. Our basement is finished so if there's a leak upstairs it causes damage downstairs.

DS#1 is working, DH is driving to Port Orchard, WA for the night and then will be visiting a friend of his that is terminally ill. It's very sad but I'm glad he can go visit him. DS#2 is glued to a PS3 game. I'm going to go make him pay attention to ME!! lol.

I haven't worked out in 3 days!! Not having the pressure of an hour a day from the Beach Hopping challenge has taken the wind out of my sails. I've been partying like a college student, too. What's gotten into me? I've had a sinus headache I just can't shake and TOM arrived today. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

jenjen - Buying new clothes is a big boost IMO. Tighter clothes remind you that you aren't as skinny as you sometimes think you are!!

Reda - Maybe I'll go watch the late running of Oprah. That sounds inspiring.

Happy weekend everybody!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #154  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! I'm out of town this week in Denver. Will be back at it next week! So hard to control intake when one is out of town, but I did manage to get to the grocery store and pick up some fruits to have on hand for snacking (grapes, apples, and cherries)...that has helped. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to catch back up next week and to get back into the Black Team groove!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #155  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

So I started reading about Fat Smash diet today...and am very interested in it. I already checked out the forum for the diet but was just wondering if we have any team members who are doing FS...

I went and got a sports bra. I already had one but needed another one badly. So after my DD's doctor appointment today, we went to Target and I actually found one that was on clearance. We will see how that holds my girls.

Once I started doing 30-Day Shred, I've kinda started being lazy on TransFirmation series, which is not good. The only time I can really work out is when my DD is sleeping...and after doing 30-Day for about 30 minutes, it's quite difficult to do another 45-55 minutes of workout right away. So I have to figure out my time on how I can get both in as both "ask" to be done daily. I go to sleep at 530 AM or so and wake up around noon and go to pick up my DD from the day care and then work out while she's napping. So I really can't work out when I wake up...and I can't wake up earlier either because I can't go to sleep any earlier than 530 AM...since that's when I get home from work. Sigh.. I really need to sit down and come up with a plan soon because I do not like the fact that I'm working out only 30 minutes although that 30 minute really kicks my butt.

Well, I should go get some sleep. At least it's weekend so I am def going to do more than 30 minutes. =)
Old 06-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #156  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Teamies! Encouragement from my team and the scale...its all good today! I really admire those of you who manage to do this WITH little ones...boy, POWER to you!

Another late night for me and early morning commitment...but I will get a long wog in the afternoon, going for 4.5 miles at least. Keep on keeping on chicks!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:27 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Happy Saturday Black Team!

I'm off to the farmers market in just a bit. I'll do a lot of walking around downtown after I shop for fresh produce.

I went shopping yesterday at Target. I ended up buying 2 skirts, a dress, sports bras (that I REALLY need!) a couple of tops & a pair of shorts. Funny thing is I hate skirts/dresses & hardly ever wear them. For some reason, I felt very comfortable in them. Oh, and I was able to buy 18s when all my clothes have been 22s for so long. I was even able to buy a 16/18 top.

When I got home, I retried everything on & I still LOVED them. It's amazing how slimming the tops was, I actually have somewhat of an hourglass figure. Who knew??? Now I need new shoes! Did I mention I normally hate to shop for clothes & shoes????

GG, Sorry to hear about your dishwasher. What a pain!

Cheree, Enjoy your trip. Glad you were able to get some healthy snacks.

Taragettingthin, WOW! I don't know how you do it.

Manick, Thanks for your post on my mini-goal thread. Hope you enjoy your day.

Well, I'm off. I need to get to the mkt before all the good stuff is gone!

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Cheree - I love Denver. Great job on the fruit!!

Tara - Sweetie, I'm tired just reading your schedule!! Maybe try this . . . Start one workout, and when they get to the cool-down, switch to the next workout, but skip ahead past the warm-up. At least that way you aren't repeating the same stuff twice. Nothing tones your behind like the FIRM!!

Manick - You are just rockin' & rollin'!!

jenjen - Awesome job on the new clothes!! Dishwasher isn't leaking anymore but I noticed DH put the fan vent in the basement on crooked. MEN! I need to get a step-ladder and see if I can straighten it today. I'm FREAKY weird about things being STRAIGHT!!! lol.

I'm going to start an exercise challenge. I'm thinking about making it available to anyone, not just the black team. Still figuring out the specifics . . .

Between TOM, my sinus headache, DH's friend being terminal, and now Tim Russert dropping dead, I've been a lazy pile of goo. I'm kicking it into gear today!!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #159  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

good morning team! sorry i haven't been able to check in much... it's been a hard week...

hope everyone is doing well.. i'm about to go out and about... so i'll come back later and try to check back in with some personals.

have a great day everyone!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #160  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

jenjen: I LOVE Target! It's hard to find inexpensive plus sized clothing that has a little style to it, and they do manage to offer stylish clothing in my budget. It sounds like it was a fantastic shopping trip. You make me want to go buy some clothes! I love the farmers market. I haven't been to one in a couple of months, though. I like to get the yellow cherry tomatoes and roast them in the oven...they come out so sweet and delicious. The strawberries from the market are out of this world, too.

mugsy: it was such a shame that Tim Russert died...he was such a good interviewer, so fair and inpartial. I will miss him! I hope your headache goes away. I have a headache, too.

Well, yesterday started out good but dinner didn't end up so well. Today should be somewhat better. I did lose 1.4 lbs from the last weigh in, so I'm happy about that. I wish it could have been a better loss but I'll take what I can get.

Have a great day, everyone!

Chris
Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #161  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

gg That's a great great great idea! Thanks! When doing the second work out, I always thought to myself, "warm up again? I'm already WARM!" I am going to go now and try. Thanks again!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #162  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Evening Black Teammates!! Just a quick check in for me today. the weather was gorgeous today and we got the shed painted. I think I was painting for around 4 or 5 hours. My legs, back, and feet are so tired and heavy. Think I'll do a whole lot of nothing for the rest of the evening.

I love Target. I can always find something there and it doesn't break the bank. Glad you found some good buys Jen.

I really enjoyed watching Tim Russert on TV. I thought he seemed to be a fair, thoughtful, caring man. He will be missed I am sure.

GG - I like things to be "right". Drives my family crazy.

I love the farmer's markets. We usually have them around here by now but with the cool, wet weather it seems they are delayed a bit. Oh well, hopefully soon.

Better fun. Nephew just showed up. I'll try to pop back in tomorrow. Everyone have a good night. And Happy Father's Day to any dad's out there!!!

Last edited by chiquita623; 06-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #163  

hi everyone!

i've been traveling since last Friday (when the server went down) so i was quite startled when i went to record my "freebie" weigh-in as my first post of the day!!

i'm taking a freebie weigh-in this week (my first) because my eating fell apart on my trip. my weight is up (approx 5 lbs) but my plan is to get rid of it as quickly as i put it on.

so this morning i got on the scale for the first time in a week and it felt mildly comforting - aside from the number on the scale.

i started tracking on thedailyplate again today - i'm on track with my calories and it feels good!

i restarted P90X Lean this morning with Coresynergistics. It was tough...in a good way and there's no where for me to go with this but to get better.

i weighed my salmon fillet

i'd really like to have a loss for our next weigh-in. obviously i have some work to do.

i saw Sex & The City and i loved it!!! i found parts of it to be extremely heartbreaking and surprising. big thumbs up from me.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #164  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Angeline: good luck for the next weight in, I'm sure you'll see a loss, I've heard that the P90X is good, and tracking calories is always a good idea! I love salmon yum...we like to grill it.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #165  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Still really struggling with everything. I am happy for all of you who are doing so well.

GG: I really need the exercise challenge! I must restart my workouts b/c I have an interview Tuesday for a job where I'll be on my feet and I'm definitely not up for that right now. Of course, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Have a great weekend folks.