Old 06-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #46  

Hi Black Team,
What a relief, I came in to post my weight and found that the last 2 weeks were gone, I was sure i posted, then i started reading the posts and found out what happened. I could remember posting and nothing there, thought I was losing my mind. I'm glad there was an easy answer, but will miss the last 2 weeks.

Trooworld- Glad you stayed, I'm having a hard time keeping on program also, but need the support we have here.

For all the weather people I can so relate, nightly tornado scares, storms in waves, and rain predicted for the next weekagain. Last night I not only had to pull off the road several times because of heavy rain, but had to backtrack and go about 30 miles out of my way on top of the other big detour because of flash flooding. They say the flooding is going to be way above the levels of 1993 when everything around here was underwater for over a month. I'm not personally affected by the floods, but know a lot of people who are.

blueyedlvrgirl- Hang in there and remember she is only there for 2 weeks. I've had inlaw trouble before, and my DH has a tendancy to avoid trouble any way possible. So I had to put up with a lot from some members of his family, and they live near us to boot. But things are better now. try to do things with his family, or if they won't have you call some friends and make plans for the rest of their visit, have a spa day, spend extra time at the gym, or just take long walks. At the end of their visit then you will have much less stress and will be healthier. Then you will have good feelings twards her for the extra weight you might lose by walking off the stress.

Bette
Old 06-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #47  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

!!!!!WEIGH IN TODAY!!!!!

BLACK TEAM DON'T FORGET!

And if you have not looked at the weigh in thread yet, you probably have to re-do your weigh ins for Week 4 and Week 5 too, or check with Julz if you can't remember! All of that data was lost.

At LEAST go post your week 6 weight now!

GO BLACK!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #48  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I haven't a CLUE what my weight was before, seriously. I try to pay as little attention to the numbers as possible.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #49  
Mind over platter

If you can't recall...I think just go list your week 6...that is what we are currently doing...we'll wait till Julz returns to find out what to do about week 4 and 5 if you don't have that data yourself...but really...those weeks are OVER so I wouldn't stress about it at all...we already know the percentages of each team for those weeks. Let's just concentrate on Week 6 for today teamies! Whatever it is, a loss or a gain GO POST IT!!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #50  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
I am just beyond frustrated with the situation! Thanks for listening! Any suggestions are welcome! I don't know what to do!!!
Well, I'm not on the black team, but I do have some words of advice if you don't mind.

It is your BF's responsibility to intervene on your behalf with his Mom. He needs to let her know that the two of you are a package deal and he won't tolerate any disrespect or unkindness to you. He can't be Switzerland and stay neutral! If he's unwilling to take a stand, she really has no reason to discontinue with her behavior, does she? And, things don't magically improve if the two of you should decide to marry in the future. If he doesn't put a stop to this, it will probably get much worse. With her behavior, it's not very likely that the two of you will every be friends....as if you'd want a friend like that!.....so, the best outcome would be mutual respect. Don't settle for anything less!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-09-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #51  
Mind over platter

Mine is a gain and I'm none too happy...and I am exercising more than I have in the last 2 years tho, so, whatever...I'll be fat and healthier at least.

I have to get on top of my eating this week...I'm tracking everything I put in my mouth but not stopping eating when I've reached my limit for the day, ya know what I mean? Most of my extra calories last week were from alcohol...so, I'm cutting that out entirely this week! I always rationalize..."oh, what's one glass of wine?" but dang it...my body KNOWS

I want to do better this week so I am proud of MYSELF...at least I will know I did everything I could. Next week I will decide for next week.

Today I will decide to be OP for today.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #52  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
blueyedlvrgirl- Hang in there and remember she is only there for 2 weeks. I've had inlaw trouble before, and my DH has a tendancy to avoid trouble any way possible. So I had to put up with a lot from some members of his family, and they live near us to boot. But things are better now. try to do things with his family, or if they won't have you call some friends and make plans for the rest of their visit, have a spa day, spend extra time at the gym, or just take long walks. At the end of their visit then you will have much less stress and will be healthier. Then you will have good feelings twards her for the extra weight you might lose by walking off the stress.
His mom actually lives here, it's his brother and SIL that are coming to visit, which is why I thought it would be nice to go with them and their kids to the zoo. Since they aren't out here much, I would get to know his SIL better, I hear she went through similar situations when his mom lived out there near them!

Thanks for the support, I knew I could count on some logical reactions! I talk to my mom about it alot, but she get so mad to see me treated so horribly when she treats my bf so well! I have thought about talking to her, but she won't allow me to go anywhere that she will be, threatening to make a scene. I may just send her letter or something. I am worried about letting her know how much it bothers me, b/c then she will have more fuel. The more she knows, the more uses that knowledge against me. She is EVIL! I told my bf that I don't have to put up with that kind of treatment from anybody, especially her. He comforts me and tells me they all think she has some kind of mental disorder but she is too proud to take care of it, but then he still kisses her a$$. Apparently, if he stands up to her then his brothers call him a punk for taking my side over hers. What a mess!!! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent...I just try to breathe and not give her the power to make me so angry!!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

blueyedlvrgirl - My mother is just like your bf's mother. It's completely uncomfortable for me and my sisters and she embarrasses us regularly. I'm completely ashamed of the way she behaves about "our family." If she wants a "family" event I simply do not attend. If my husband isn't welcome, I won't go. I've missed a theater trip to New York City and a vacation in St. Thomas because of it. I agree with Rhonda . . . your bf should stick up for you. We rarely see my youngest sister because my mom doesn't welcome her husband. She chooses to have holidays with his family. It's all very sad. I wish you the best.

Glitter - WOW! Your loss is amazing!

So, I guess the Beach Challenge has been dissolved??

Keillynsmom - I've been doing HIIT on my treadclimber so I'm watching both my heart rate and the clock. I start off hard until I hit about 150 bpm, then slow down, then I hit 155 & slow down, next is 160. Once I hit 160 then I go hard for 5 minutes at a time. I'm just doing what feels right for me. I know when I run I can get my heart rate just above 170. I haven't been able to do that on my equipment at home. I think I need an open road for that kind of thing.

OPEN INVITATION
I live in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, which is just off I-90. If anybody is coming through town I'd LOVE to get together. Coffee, lunch, go to the beach, whatever you have time for. Julz - I know you're headed to Montana. Any chance you'll be close to Missoula??
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #54  
Mind over platter

Update in the interest of self honesty...I've just been updating every last thing over the weekend in the Daily Plate...and actually I was VERY OP last week after I counted all my exercise, and I'm really only counting actual planned fitness type activities.

So the weight loss will follow....I am sure...still keeping with my goal of no boozy beverages this week, it can't hurt. I might also try not taking as much calorie allowances for exercise...but I am dang hungry sometimes...so, we'll see. I figure I can try to emphasize getting all my fiber and veggies this week and see if that helps.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #55  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Troo - In answer to your question - I am sorry to report that I too am an emotional eater. I have to admit that there were days that I ate everything I could and that ended up being bad choices for the most part. And then there were days that I just didn't eat. My poor body was on such a roller coaster ride that it is still in shock I'm sure. And, since I'm admitting how bad I was, I did not exercise even one time. I am so bad!!! But that is all over now and trying to get back on track beginning today. My birthday is 2 weeks from today so my goal is to be POP and get some sort of exercise in every day until then. I'd really like to be in the 170's for my birthday. We'll see. I'll just keep plugging along.

Everyone have a good night. I'll check back in the morning.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #56  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

Well, I took the weekend off. I didn't count calories, and I ate what I wanted. I did get my exercise, though. It was so nice to just eat what and when I wanted.

But now it is Monday and I am back on track. We are moving in 5 days, which makes it a little tough since we aren't grocery shopping this week and trying to eat up what we have. I have been so busy, and the weather has been so rainy that it has been hard to run as often as I would like.

But soon we will be in our new beautiful apartment, that has a workout room! Then I will have no excuse, even when the weather outside is terrible.

Keep up the good work ladies. We can do this!

Last edited by bethbeth; 06-09-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #57  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Well, I was little bit worried today for the weigh-in because I've been bad the whole week since bf's family was in town and stuff. Then, on top of that, I had some high sodium and spicy food last night... bleh. But it was really good because I didn't get to have any Korean food for the whole week.

In the morning, I weighed but I could tell that my body retained some water from the way my hands and feet felt. So I worked out, gave myself enough water, and went to bathroom (with the help of spicy food) and ended at 1.8 lb loss! Yay!

I have 5.2 lbs till the mini goal and that's on the 15th. I highly doubt I will be making that and was thinking about changing the date, but decided to keep it on the 15th and see how close I can get to it.

Today was also my monthly weigh-in at Curves, which is when I also get my inch loss and body fat loss...but the trainer was in an another appointment when I went there so I have to wait till either Thursday or Friday. I can't wait to see how much body fat I have lost...or inches. (I would measure myself but found out that it's best to have same person measure each time...)
Old 06-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

ggmugsy, jenjen, and Glitter Great Job on the weightloss!!!! If I missed anyone Congrats to you to

Well I have stayed OP last couple of days and plan on staying OP all week but we are taking a motorcycle weekend trip with a few other couples and they are already talking about every where we are going to eat and of course I can't eat before going but I am looking online to see what will fit best for me to stay OP as close as possible.

Well this is a great challenge and I would like to say thanks for all the support and encouragement....

Well I am going to go exercise some for the night then off to bed as I have to get up at 3:30am for work tomorrow.
Have a good night everyone and Happy Tuesday

Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #59  
Determined to succeed!

S/C/G: 204.4/181/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi Everyone,

I only have a minute to check in with everyone and post my weight for this week. I have been able to stay on plan but still haven't been able to exercise. I am really happy to say I have lost 1.6 lbs this week (after a disappointing 0.4 loss the week before).

Good luck to everyone! Hang in there and believe in yourself and for goodness sake, try to not let yourself get discouraged if your weight loss is not what you are most hoping for. Slow and steady wins the race!

Ann
Old 06-10-2008, 02:29 AM   #60  
Mind over platter

47 grams of fiber for me today Jeepers!

An OP day!