Old 06-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #16  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Team,

I totally agree with Happy2bme about the whole philosophy of the challenge. I have to admit though that I've been thinking of dropping out just like Trooworld. I haven't been able to get a grip this whole time and have only gained. I love the support, but I do feel like I'm just a burden on the team members whole truely want the prize.

I've done some of the exercising which has helped me personally in so many ways, although that has slowed somewhat also. I would like to stay on a while longer if nobody minds and hope for the best.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #17  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi, just stopping by since I have a second to spare. I'm going to go work out...although I'm kinda tired from going swimming with DD. She was so scared since she's only 2... Well.. I'll be back later when I get to work to go check out some posts.

**My weigh-in is tomorrow so we will see how I did this week..with all that rest of exercise and eating out.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/176

Height: 5' 10.5"

hello,ladies

I'm a total mess...this week I'll have a **** of a time at college ( and I don't mean it in a good way )
next month it will be all over, but I have 7 more finals to pass, and I don't think I'm going to make it
but I'll try my best and hope my best will be good enough

and to top it all it's TOM time I think I gained a couple of pounds, and it's not the greatest feeling. I was so happy 3 days ago when my scale was showing 97.5 kilos, and this morning there was an ugly 100kg not a great start of the day. I will weigh in tomorrow and write it down, I hope it's just water retention

I have a question: should we fill in our lost weigh in data or should our team leader do that ?
I'm not sure what my numbers were in what week, but I know that they were around 218/219 ( I don't know what week was which )
Old 06-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Jessica (and everybody else that is graduating) - CONGRATULATIONS!! It's a huge accomplishment. Don't worry about celebrating. You deserve it!!

Oolong - Good luck!! Just keep breathing and do your best. It will all work out.

Tara - I'd give anything to take my 2 year olds swimming again. Enjoy this time because it goes VERY quickly.

Jenjen - AWESOME JOB on the 2 pound loss!! Whoo hooo!!!

Julia - Great to see you here! For your question, I usually workout inside. The weather here still stinks but when it gets hot, I love to walk or hike in the mornings or late in the evening and avoid the heat of the day.

Theresia - Good luck with your move!

Hope4me - I'm VERY glad you chose to continue with the challenge.

I ditto what Happy said. I would rather be on the team with the most people at the finish line than be on the team that lost the most weight. Weight loss is never a straight downward motion. It seems to always be a two steps forward, one step back journey.

Last edited by ggmugsy; 06-08-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I haven't been around because I am SICK and miserable, but came today to get my weight posted. I am not sure about the missing weeks, I do not write my weight down anywhere else I do have my exercise minutes logged on my webwalking sheet, but no exact activities.

I hate to see people dropping out, but it happens every time. It will dwindle on all teams until we end up on one chat thread for all teams...that's what happened last time and it was talked about like it always happens that way. I'm sad to see our members drop out, but for those who want to stay in KEEP GOING, even if you are struggling, TRY your best and we will be proud to have you on our team. I love to win, but really this is about making changes in our life for the better and supporting one another...so if you have to, forget about the contest part and just focus on doing your best and supporting others.

My head is spinning, must hit the couch again before I hit the floor
Old 06-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Tonia - I just re-read your post. I agree with you that your Dr.'s recommendation seems VERY low. If you listen to Dr. Oz he recommends only cutting by 100 calories per day. If your weight loss is slower than you want, just cut a hundred calories per day at a time and see how that goes, then take it down further if you want to. I like the Weight Watchers approach . . . every 10 pounds you lose 50 calories per day. JMHO.

This is supposed to be a LIFESTYLE change . . . not a quick fix diet. We all know those don't work.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Julia - to your question...

I live in a place that has hot, humid summers. And right now we are in the 90s with alot of humidity - late July weather that has come way, way early this year in June instead. It's too hot and uncomfortable to do much outside other than swim so I tend to get my walks in the office where it's cool or workout at home with videos.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #23  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hey Teamies....I agree RE the "do your best" during this challenge, learn and grow in these 12 weeks, all I hope is that people are making a difference for themselves and their health...I know for me it has been a huge boost to know that others are serious and doing this too.

Busy day here...see ya all tomorrow probably!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #24  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I've been reading the posts and received a private message that made me think about my decision to leave the team. I really don't want to leave the team but as another poster said, I feel like I am holding the team back. I really do need the support and I am serious about losing weight, I've just fallen off track. Things are calming down around here and I have a whole week's worth of good meals planned. My question is: would you all be okay if I stayed on the team? I promise to do my best.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #25  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I'd be GREAT if you stayed on the team, Troo.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #26  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, and anyone else who is thinking about leaving, reconsider! We are here to learn, create healthier habits and be good to one another.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #27  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooworld View Post
Hi all. I've been reading the posts and received a private message that made me think about my decision to leave the team. I really don't want to leave the team but as another poster said, I feel like I am holding the team back. I really do need the support and I am serious about losing weight, I've just fallen off track. Things are calming down around here and I have a whole week's worth of good meals planned. My question is: would you all be okay if I stayed on the team? I promise to do my best.
I'm not even on your team and I vote for not leaving! LOL! Support is such a huge key to success in this weight loss journey. It just helps tremendously to know that you aren't alone. Someone else has been where you are and someone else needs your guidance as well. The numbers and pounds are what they are...just numbers. something we use as a guide, but there is so much more to this weight loss thing! I say stay with your team, work through the rough patch and eventually you'll have some success to share! Your team wants to be there to help get you back on track! I know you can do it and I know your team knows it too! Good luck!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #28  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Troo, we are all here for you. Although this is my first challenge, I really believe the reason it's there is for us to support each other, get help when needed, and help when needed. Nobody's perfect, and we all have times when we fall off of wagon. But keep getting back on the track, that's what counts..because this is NOT just a quick fix, but life style change! And Change is a Challenge... If everyone lost every week and it was so easy, why bother to even have a challenge..?
So don't leave us! =)
Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi Team!!!

Had a good week this week. I counted calories and wrote everything down all week. Then came the weekend. I didn't do too terrible but ate some things that I know I don't have control over. Will see how it goes tomorrow at weigh in.

Jessica- congrats on graduating!! It is such a great accomplishment.

Troo- so glad you decided not to drop out!! We are all in this together.

Tonia- I agree with the other poster. 1200-1400 cals is fine if your not working out but you need to count extra calories especially if you are lifting weights three times a week. Your body will start to eat its own muscle if your not getting enough in (your heart is a muscle!) I personally think 1-2 lbs a week is the best way to go. It might be slow but its been proven those who take longer to lose usually keep it off.

Well off to finish some laundry. I did so much yard work this weekend I didn't get any house work done. Only 7 days of work left till summer vacation! woohoo
Old 06-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #30  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Soul: thanks, I appreciate that. I really do.

Melissa: wow! A vote of confidence from another team! As I said in one of my posts, I definitely need support. I owe any success in my weight loss journey so far to the 3FC website, and now that I have the Black Team, it really is a good support system for me. I don't really talk about it with the people in my life (besides my husband) because I don't want this to be another effort that they say, "Oh, she's on that kick again." It's nice to have people to talk to that understand what I am going through. Thanks a lot, Melissa.

Tara: I was thinking about this, and if everyone that gained weight dropped out because of weight gain, we would probably have a lot less members, huh? I guess I shouldn't give up on myself so easily.

Mary: thanks for your support.

To all: I've been so hard on myself for the past couple of weeks because of bad decisions and weight gain. It's just made things worse. I'm my own worst enemy. Nobody here has made me feel unwelcomed, it's just my own mind playing tricks on me and putting myself down. I started off with such a bang, doing everything right and sticking to the plan and then when it came time to move, I slipped once or twice and then used moving as an excuse to get off track. But not anymore. Tomorrow is back to the plan (I'd say today but it's 6:16pm here). I'm going to start it off right: before I get to unpacking or grocery shopping or any nonsense, I am going to go for a nice long walk around my new neighborhood. I'm going to get up, have some coffee and then go. And when I am done, I'm going to come home and have some high fiber cereal with fruit for breakfast. That's my plan for the morning. I'm not going to give up.