Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #91  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Chiquita, I belong to Curves, and it all depends on how you make it out to be. I know some ladies at my Curves just take their time and work out leisurely. Then there are some laides who push their limits and move fast and strong, and then on the resting board, they do enough cardio...like running and stuff. If you do that, then it can be challenging, I think. Do you know anyone who is already going there? If so, ask them for guest pass so you can try it out before joining.

I received my 30-day Shred today and wow! I have been doing TransFirmation and been seeing results from it. But even the level 1 of 30-day Shred made me SWEAT in 28 minutes. I loved it and it really kicked my behind in a good way, since now I'm motivated to work out again.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 06-10-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

I'm here to report that we tried brussel sprouts tonight. Its been years since I've done them. DH is not a fan and he's the cook. However, he did a great job. He followed a Barefoot Contessa recipe and they were not bad. I would try it again. A little balsamic vinegar might give them a little more flavor. That was my new veggie of the week.

Today was another good OP day. I'm back to using Calorie King to track my calories. I'm concerned about getting in enough calories to sustain the exercise levels but yet still be able to lose. Today was a low calorie day; although I didn't intend for it to be as low as it turned out.

Someone asked about my list of NSV's. I haven't been keeping a list but I am going to now that I did that. When I started to post that, I thought I'd have just two or three. But once I started, I kept thinking of other things. I want to keep adding to the list.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 06-10-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:04 AM   #93  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri in MO View Post
I'm here to report that we tried brussel sprouts tonight. Its been years since I've done them. DH is not a fan and he's the cook. However, he did a great job. He followed a Barefoot Contessa recipe and they were not bad. I would try it again. A little balsamic vinegar might give them a little more flavor. That was my new veggie of the week.
Yay!!!!! Thanks for the report! And kudos to your DH for cooking them!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #94  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I ate 1/2 a pound of roasted Brussels sprouts for breakfast.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Holy cow, brussel sprouts for breakfast!!!!!!!!! Not sure I could do that. I got up this morning and drug out my Tae Bo tape. I haven't done that in quite a while. I figure that I need to mix things up a bit to keep me motivated and to keep my body from getting too used to the fitness machines. That was an eye-opener at 5:45 am.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #96  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

good morning team!!!!

thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! it was a good night... until i got home and my ex was sleeping in my bed... i had to wake him up and kick him to the blow up mattress which is right by my bed... i'm assuming he thought i wasn't coming home... oh well... that's MY bed... not yours

anywho.. i've been Off Plan for a few days... and i will be tonight too but as of tomorrow (final bday celebrations are done tonight and i took off tomorrow for recovery) i will be back on track.

my knee is messed up pretty bad again... but not as bad as it was... i've been dosing up on aleve or motrin (depends on what i have with me) and wrapping it and icing it... so ya... but i can't use the treadmill for another 3 weeks and can't bike for 2 and i can start swimming again next week... he never said anything about walking though and so i think i will try to do my 1 mile WATP dvd tonight... if it aggrevates it bad, then i won't do it again... but if not then at least i can get my exercise back started and my stamina back up so i can start running again when i'm allowed to

anyway that's about all i have to say... i'll come back later and try to get some personals in... can't promise i will though... my spare time is being spent looking for apartments as i move in october and want something squared away so i don't have to wait for the last minute
Old 06-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #97  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

ps: i got this water bottle this weekend... i LOVE it... holds a 25oz... i drank 3 full ones yesterday i wanted it in pink though, but they didn't have it so i got the black one
Old 06-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #98  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

My company is gone and I'm trying to get back to a normal routine again. Why is it so hard the second (and subsequent) times around?

Eating clean is not too tough because I feel really yuccky when I don't. It's the exercise that does me in all the time - especially with it being so hot and sticky.

I went to bed a little earlier last night and got a full night's rest and do feel better for that so maybe I can ride the tide to a good day altogether.

Ugh on the snow Mugsy - saw that on the weather channel last night and there's something especially cruel about June snow - particularly when 2/3 of the country is baking!

Not sure I could do brussel sprouts for breakfast either tho I do like the occasional "breakfast for dinner" concept.

Gotta get to work now, have a good one teammates.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Happy Belated B-Day Sally.

I didn't have time to get online yesterday. However I did have weigh in last night as my WW group meeting is Tuesday nights. I did however finally lose not alot again but it was .6 pounds better than a gain as it was last week.
I even have a visitor (tom) again and was still able to get a .6 because usually I gain through this time of the week. So hopefully next week will be better weight loss numbers for me.

Well I will be in a meeting until 6 pm tonight then an hour drive home so I better tell everyone this morning to have a great day and evening becasue I probably will not be logging on once I get home tonight as I do have to work very early again tomorrow morning.

ggmugsy - snow no way that would just be craziness.... We did have very nice weather yesterday but storms set in last again and today as well. The wind is blowing so hard it looks like all the trees are about ready to come down.

sxulcmnky - that looks like an awesome water bottle enjoy it, I always end of losing my water bottles well actually I leave it where ever I take it then when I go back of course it is gone so I just don't buy them anymore.

Soulbliss - Brussel Sprouts for breakfast wow don't think I could do that, good for you

Taragetttingthin - Transfirmation when you said you are seeing results, got a question what results are you seeing and how long have you been doing the Transfirmation? I was looking at getting it a while back but didn't

Manick, Troo & ggmugsy I also save up some points so that on Friday or Saturday night I can have a few Mich Ultras, I don't care for whine but I do like to have a couple of beers not daily though but usually once or twice a week.

Well better get going got alot of work today before my meeting but wanted to log on and say Hi to everyone since I missed yesterday
Old 06-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #100  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Sprouts for breakie? Hmmm?

Love the water bottle! I have one too! Keeps it easy to track how much i'm drinking!

Was completly on plan yesterday! Feels great...wonder why some days its so hard?

Getting lost of jobs done today before the next round of humidity comes!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #101  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

sxulcmnky: that's a nice bottle. There is a 1.5L Sigg bottle that I am foaming at the mouth to get. The water is supposed to not taste like plastic like the kinds you get at the grocery store. Right now, I just use 1.5L Diet Lipton Green Tea ones. I change them every 2 weeks. That adds up, though...if I bought a tea at 1.29 every two weeks, I'd have paid for the fancy bottle in a year but it would last much longer than a year. That's the way I can justify it to my hubby. I like pink, too. Enjoy your bottle, it's a great way to keep track of your water.

Soul: That sounds like a nutritious breakfast to me! Way to get some fiber in first thing in the morning.

reda: I love beer, too, but it's just so high in calories. Although Corona Light is 105 cals per bottle, so that's not bad. How many cals is the Michelob Ultra?

Yesterday was a good day, and I am hoping today is even better. I have balanced out my calories so that I can afford 2 6oz glasses of wine tonight. Yum! Already took the poor old dog for a walk this morning...about 20 minutes but at the speed of a snail because he is 14. The vet says he needs to lose weight though, so he's going out again later today. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #102  

Nothing much to post today -- I did get up and get to the gym (45 min treadmill, 30 minutes weights, 30 minutes swimming) and plan to go biking for lunch. Still very iffy about my eating plan though -- yesterday I just gave in and ate and realized exactly why I was doing it. Funny thing was that I did feel better immediately. Must need more carbs somehow. (Or an easier life...I think I'm more likely to get the carbs...)

Wish I had something insightful or encouraging but I'm just tired. Today I'll be dogged, tomorrow (hopefully) I'll be determined.

Barb
Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #103  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Good morning!

Today I have my first job interview! Unfortunately I have to drive over an hour to get there. After we move on Saturday interviews will be a lot easier to get to!

My eating is out of control this week with all the stress of moving and looking for a new job. I ate so much yesterday, and the scale actually was down a pound this morning, what's up with that? I'm going to try to eat better today, but only three more days until we get moved and I can really focus. I have really missed working out this week, but there just isn't time.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #104  
Mind over platter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
I ate 1/2 a pound of roasted Brussels sprouts for breakfast.
ROFL!!!! Wow...dedication! That really made me laugh!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #105  
Mind over platter

Morning team! My extra fiber & water plan seems to be working!!! Scale IS moving! FINALLY! But...OY...not sure I will try for more than 30gm a day after this week. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps I can alternate days or weeks or etc. Between all the veggies and the fiber one I'm packing it in.

Yes, on the saving points for wine or beer on the weekend...good suggestion and I am going to strictly track this week on WW software as well as the Daily Plate so I know for SURE that I have the extra calories to spare IF I decide to have some. I've 'sorta/kinda' been trying to do that but my eating is inevitably higher cal on weekend days as we tend to go out on the weekend and even with making good food choices it is hard to stay in a zone that peels the pounds. However, I also can do a bit more strenuous exercise on the weekends to give me a bit of wiggle room. My calorie "week" begins today...so today is a good time to start!

OP thoughts to all! Make the best choices you can make today Team!