Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #136  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

I WAS wondering how the lawn mowing went...

I am at my desk at work...procrastinating in between big projects! Need to find a good podcast to listen to for the next couple of hours to get me thru. All the other people in the office are gone now....so I can play whatever I want.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well good evening everyone or I should say night!

Manick thanks for the list of fiber foods that is going to be really helpful because fiber is one thing that I really never paid much attention to it before.

Smurf I went to mow and my mower wouldn't start either and this is a new mower so I have only probably ridden twice maybe anyways I tried everything short of putting battery charger on it and it wouldn't start so then my husband comes home from work gets on and pushes the foot clutch in and it starts.... Our old mower we didn't have to push in a clutch so I really didn't think about it with this one, darn I was so mad but I bet I will remember next time.

So is there a good fiber cereal that is good without eating it with milk? I am not a milk person at all but I if there is a good cereal out there dry I would surely give it a try for some extra fiber.

Well washer is done so I can get in the shower as I just got done walking on the treadmil for about 70 minutes with some jogging it showed I burned like 540 calories and went over 3 miles. I sure didn't jog the whole time only intervals but some day I will be able to jog the whole thing, someday.

Well good night I will try to log on in the morning.

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 06-12-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #138  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good.. It's almost weekend.

Today is like Friday for me because I work Sun-Thursday. My TL is staying late every Thursday so I can't post that long but just wanted to update you on my monthly weigh-in at Curves.

My monthly weigh-in is actually on the 7th but because the trainer was busy, I got to do it today. Last month, I was at 199 and it was 195.5 today. Only 3.5 lbs but I lost 6.25 inches! Lost 1 inch from each thigh and 1.75 inch from my waist! The trainer actually measured my thigh twice because she thought she measured it wrong. She was amazed and kept asking what else I was doing.. yay! My bodyfat is still at 44 so I'm not really happy about that. The trainer told me to watch my fat intake.

Altogether so far, I've lost 18.75 inches in 3 months! =)

I did get Curves cereal for free, though, for the loss. I needed to get a box of cereal so this works for me.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Can't sleep....hiya teamies!!!

I don't think I ate enough tonight so I am eating some peanut butter off a spoon - hopefully when I fall asleep nobody else will wake up. My 1 year old wanted to party last night between 3am and 5am, which is verrrry unlike him. That was fun.....I hope it was random!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #140  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

I know how that is, Ceegee. My 2.5 year old DD sleeps at my house on weekends, and at her grandparents' on weekdays because I work at night. Sometimes she decides to play at like 4 AM. I try to go to sleep early for my daughter on weekends but it usally ends up at 1 or 2, since I'm used to going to sleep at 5:30 AM on weekdays. So Party at 4 AM is no fun, especially for a single parent.
I hope it was random for you too and hopefully you will be able to fall asleep soon.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

I weighed in this morning,, on a "new" scale.. it showed 146!!
Maybe it shows less than my other scale in sweden,, but I will use this scale for the next 3-4 months. So I'll go with that..
Old 06-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

WOW I am worked over! I got up and walked a mile then ran a mile, came home and finished the lawn. We have the old school mowers that you have to push and with almost a full acre to mow it took me 1.5 hours-phew good workout for me. I need to do my yoga DVD today to so that I can get my body back in line after the yard work

I really hope that I can get my garden planted tomorrow-what I would do for a garden tomato!

I need to go grocery shoping so I will be out most of the afternoon today and if we get going on the garden who knows if I will be around much the rest of the weekend. Happy Father's day to any dad's lurking and to all the dad's of our kids.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #143  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

WHAT IS GOING ON?

As you know, I am in the crazy week of packing and we're moving TOMORROW. Today is my last day of work, yippee!
I have been eating way off my diet and getting hardly any exercise this week. At the beginning of the week my weight jumped up 4 pounds, and as of my weigh in this morning I lost those 4 pounds plus 1 more! So I just posted a 1 pound loss for the week. How did I lose 5 pounds eating junk and not exercising? Maybe I should keep this up?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #144  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone!!!

Haven't checked in for a while...everything has been going OP. I was a bit worried how starting my summer job would affect my workout routine and diet, but I have adapted well. I'm now up to running 2.5 miles every other day. I am really happy about that accomplishment and can't wait to reach the 3 mile mark.

I wore a bikini to the beach for the first time in a very, very, very long while. My friends said they could def see a difference, and after almost 4 weeks on consistantly working out I must say I am beginning to see some lean muscle tone coming through too...It definitely encourages me to keep on going!

Hope everyone's week went well. Here's to an awesome weekend!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #145  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Glitterlicious~ Congratulations on wearing a bikini! I bet you looked HOT.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #146  

Glitter- that is awesome a bikini I bet you did look HOT!! That is great that you are starting to see lean muscle and a difference that is what keeps you motivated and determined!!!

Bethbeth-That is great you lost what you gained plus extra. I have no idea what I am doing wrong I did lose a little this week instead of gaining but I have been walking/jogging every day and pretty much staying on plan and this morning I was showing a gain when I got on the scale feeling sorry for myself I ate a cookie only one when 2 were saved for me but still I did eat it.

So what does everyone have planned for fathers day this weekend? Or just in general whats going on this weekend? I get to go for a motorcycle ride tomorrow I believe it will be about a 400 mile trip so it will be nice as I have to get my butt toughened up for the Sturgis ride in August.

Smurf- Wow you should feel worked over you did alot of exercising this morning alread GREAT JOB GIRLIE!!!!

taragettingthin & ceegee- Boy I don't miss those non sleeping days for nothing it just throws everything off.... taragettingthin plus you work night I just couldn't do it I have a hard time staying up past midnight unless we are out on the town otherwise it is beddy bye for me.

Well I am going to go get some exercise in before we have to leave for the races. I will try to log on again later. Have a Great Weekend just in case I don't.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Bethbeth - I call losing weight after a binge "delayed gratification for time well served." You've been on program, have a little slip, and still the postive shows through in the end. Whoo-hoo!!

Glitter - Congratulations on your bikini accomplishment!

Manick - Your banana recipe made me drool onto my keyboard. I'm a Bananas Foster NUT!!

Smurf - I hear you on the tomatoes!! I gave in and bought some tomatoes on the vine that I washed in soap and water. They were finally under a buck a pound and I couldn't resist.

Theresia - I LOVE the Carribean!! Well . . . I love Sandals Resorts and the Ritz Carleton(s) in the Carribean. All my meals prepared, beautiful swimming pools, lovely young men who keep bringing me champagne and/or White Russians . . . ahhhhh!!! Where are you? My sister lived in St. Thomas for about 4 years.

Tara - I thought about you this morning! WW has a bunch of Korean BBQ recipes featured today. Yum, yum!!

Ceegee - Very funny. . . partying with a 1 year old in the wee hours.

Went to see Sex And The City yesterday. It was GREAT. They did a great job with the movie, IMHO.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 06-13-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #148  

gg mugsy we were posting at exactly the same time. But now I am off to exercise!!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #149  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

HAAAA! I take it ALL back! I LOOOOVE the scale, the scale is my friend!

See ya later Black Team...what can I say, but eat your fiber! Drink your water! Go exercise!

I get to post a LOSS this week! :
Old 06-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #150  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

mugsy: where's that pic? I want to see your new hair!

theresia: wow, living in Sweden and then going to the Caribean...how nice, I haven't visited either place but would love to. I bet they have very different foods there.

Manick: that banana thing sounds sooooo good. I like Bananas Foster, too, so this would really hit the spot with some oatmeal. Congrats on your loss!

reda: I like the new Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal. It's slightly sweet and tastes delicious. You may try that, it would probably be good dry.

Tara: congrats on your loss!!!

mugsy: I love the tv show, and I really want to see the movie. One of the drive-ins around here is playing Sex in the City and Iron Man together; I want to see both movies and it is so fun to go to the drive-in!

Well, yesterday was a bust all around. It started off well but went downhill. Today is better, though I don't know if it will stay that way. Hubby wants homemade turkey burgers for dinner. I suppose we will eat it with salad, but there is something about salad with burgers that turns me off. We could make oven-baked fries, but I don't know if I want to do the work, although it really isn't that much work. Hubby says there is something about Friday nights that makes him want to eat something "fun." I guess he means bad. We had scheduled pita pizzas tonight but that isn't fun enough for him, we are having those tomorrow night.

Have a good night everyone!