Old 05-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #751  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

OKay..after I worked out today, I weighed myself just for fun, lol. And since last week, I lost 6 pounds!!! YAY!! That is my unoffical weigh in though. I wanna weigh in on sunday.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #752  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuz View Post
can i come live with you?! 2.39 for the CHEAP eggs here - one dozen.
I was shocked when I saw that ad. The only place cheaper is if I go raid my neighbors chicken coop. Seriously, the guy across the street raises chickens and the roosters crow all hours, day and night.

Last edited by dixied; 05-01-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #753  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Screw how he looks. Get AT LEAST 500K in term life insurance on him for a 30 year period. At least you can still send the kids to college and keep your house when the inevitable happens. At his age, it would be relatively cheap and totally worth the $30 a month or whatever it is.

http://www.zanderins.com/term/termlife.aspx
I might have to look into that. DH has the worst eating habits.

Quote:
One of my favorite lines ever from TV is from Ros on Frazier. This is not exact, but:

I hope that when I die in my sleep at 90, my boyfriend is so distraught that he has to take a semester off from college.
I must have missed that episode.

Quote:
What are you paying for eggs where you are!!?
Last I looked there were about $1.89/dozen.

How much is milk? The cheapest non sale price at any of the grocery stores including WalMart is $3.85. I can buy the exact same milk at the corner party store for $2.99 or less.

Dee - I did my 5K today.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #754  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
How much is milk? The cheapest non sale price at any of the grocery stores including WalMart is $3.85. I can buy the exact same milk at the corner party store for $2.99 or less.

Dee - I did my 5K today.
Milk here is 3.99 or more. If I can get it on sale it's 3.49. I guess shipping from dairy country to the gulf coast makes it more expensive?

WTG on the 5K. I might have to break mine in 1/2 tomorrow. I have a "fitness assessment" at the new gym at 7am. They don't do them any earlier. Normally I'm done and in the showers by 7am, so I'm tempted to do a 5K before the assesment. The girls here at work warned me that it might skew my numbers though. So? Its not like I don't know what kind of shape I'm in. The trainer will be measuring me, assessing my general fitness level and showing me the machines. Is it a big deal if my numbers are off a little? It's a fitness assessment not the SAT. (wow, that was quite a tangent, wasn't it?) Anyway...I'm glad someone else is doing the 5Ks with me.

Okay, I just called the gym... I can do my 5K in the morning, no issues. They just won't get an accurate blood pressure reading. heck, I can tell you my blood pressure. +/- 110/77. It never changes much.

Last edited by dixied; 05-01-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #755  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
OKay..after I worked out today, I weighed myself just for fun, lol. And since last week, I lost 6 pounds!!! YAY!! That is my unoffical weigh in though. I wanna weigh in on sunday.
woohoo Francie! Dang girl, WTG!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #756  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
I really like Dexter. I also watch crime shows. Criminal minds is my fav. I also watch Close case and all the shows on TrueTV (use to be court tv).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
pintobean, we watched the whole first 2 seasons of Dexter on our On Demand. There are some things that bug me about it, but overall, I do like it. Hope you enjoy it!
Well, I have to watch few more episodes of Dexter to decide whether I like it or not. Once I watch more episodes maybe we can discuss what bugs you about the show jillybean. Good thing is I know it's approx 60 mins long so I can do my treadmill watching that Freem, I watch Cold Case and Criminal minds sometimes. I also watch New Detectives and I think it's called FBI's most wanted or some other show where they take real cases and enact them mixed with real scenes and areas. DH of course doesn't like watching these shows all the time says it's depressing to watch it right before he goes to bed. The only show he likes watching with me is CSI Las Vegas. Rest he'll watch if he's got nothing else to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Do you watch CSI: Las Vegas? Here is my question about that show: why don't they EVER turn on the lights? They'll be at a complicated crime scene, supposedly looking for the smallest of evidence (a single blood drop, a schmear of peanut butter, a lost button, whatever) but they are searching the house with what looks like itty bitty pen lights. Nobody ever just turns on a lamp. Even the lab is mostly dark. Very strange.
Well, I believe the reason would be (at least in real life) the flashlight gives them a focused area to concentrate on less chances of missing stuff. Yes with a bigger lamp they could cover a larger area and be able to see much more but the little details could get missed cuz human brain and eyes can only handle or grasp so many things at a time. Hence, using smaller areas to focus on they can retain more. That's why I think they do it. Of course this being a show they're probably trying to mimic as much as possible a true crime scene. Of course, I could be totally wrong in my reasoning

Last edited by pintobean; 05-01-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #757  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Ok, I guess I better not complain about the 2.49 I just paid for milk....I thought it was high (or higher), but maybe not!

Way to go Francie!

I may have to check into more life ins....dh eats ok, but rarely exercises. Like Dee said, can't do it for them!

I did pretty good at the grocery store, spent more than I meant to, but it's ok we had a little extra $ this week.

Only one more day, then it's take care of mj weekend! I am getting a mani/pedi and eyebrows waxed on Sat--that's my reward from 28 consecutive op days last month...although, not really sure how getting my eyebrows waxed is a 'reward'! Of course, my dh will quickly point out that I will have 2 eye brows again Then a little shopping. I am NOT cleaning this weekend (spend the last three weekends Spring cleaning, work has been super hectic and I need a break!)

My knee is really sore tonight. I am planning to get up early for a walk slim dvd, then hit the gym after work, but we'll see how my knee is doing in the am.

have a great night!

Last edited by mj5; 05-01-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #758  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

The walk slim dvd is pretty nice!! I really liked it. Although it was kinda weird that Leslie was looking at cue cards, lol.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #759  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

hello gals. haven't been here all day. I have some health concerns I'm really stressing about. I ate ok today, not as good as yesterday. I weighed myself this moring and was down 2 pounds but weighed again this afternoon and was back up 2 pounds. I did alittle workout today but want to do more.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #760  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

OMG! I am absolutely addicted to Dexter. First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Michael C. Hall ever since he was in Six Feet Under. I'm so glad he got another great role, and he's phenomenal in Dexter. I'm sure it must be a lot different on CBS than it is on Showtime, though!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #761  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

QOTD I'd like to be a writer, to intrigue and to tell things the way I see them - and to have someone listen to me

Francie - I understand your sadness about your mom, I lost mine when I was 16 and it still hurts today. I had a record of her voice, but when I tried to get it put on CD, it was too scratchy to get a good recording. Though it may not seem like a blessing, to have her voice is special. Having your hubby go away doesn't help of course, but you do have all of us to love on you.

Danielle and Angie

Danielle - I'm an overeater and my last binge was 2 weeks ago. We're doing good, eh?

Karen - it must have been anguishing worrying about your son taking the Aleve. I think you said he is better, but if not, my prayers are with you both.

Amy - Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to. I'm a good grandmotherly type

Since I don't have animals or children, I'm feeling a little out of place in this group, but I'm OP and did well at a buffet, which for me is great Scale is down too, but I'll wait til Monday to post.

Keep on the narrow path Blues!!!! We're on our way to a win!

Dora
Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #762  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Well, I believe the reason would be (at least in real life) the flashlight gives them a focused area to concentrate on less chances of missing stuff. Yes with a bigger lamp they could cover a larger area and be able to see much more but the little details could get missed cuz human brain and eyes can only handle or grasp so many things at a time. Hence, using smaller areas to focus on they can retain more. That's why I think they do it. Of course this being a show they're probably trying to mimic as much as possible a true crime scene. Of course, I could be totally wrong in my reasoning
I've been to a real crime lab, unfortunately for the people working there, it's nothing like what we see on TV. The folks there laugh at the tv shows because they are so far from reality! I also watched an interesting show about women who choose to work as coroner's death investigators (apparently women are still a minority in that field) and it was really interesting. I don't think I could do that job.

The CSI tv shows have actually had a negative impact on our justice system because juries (after watching the shows) have completely wrong ideas about evidence and how crimes are solved. It's called "The CSI Effect"!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #763  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
OMG! I am absolutely addicted to Dexter. First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Michael C. Hall ever since he was in Six Feet Under. I'm so glad he got another great role, and he's phenomenal in Dexter. I'm sure it must be a lot different on CBS than it is on Showtime, though!
Have you read the books? The first season is is based on the first book by Jeff Lindsay. But there are 2 other books as well. Pretty good, too!

When CBS airs the shows there are no boobs and no swearing -- pretty tough given the sister is a total potty mouth!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-01-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #764  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

My Uncle John died today. =(
Need lots of prayers.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #765  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
My Uncle John died today. =(
Need lots of prayers.
I'm SO sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family.