Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #466  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

My blood sugar dropped last night and while I was craving more mashed potatoes, I ate a light yogurt and drank water instead. My first instinct when I have a throat thing is "All right! Binge on soft, hot foods!" (macaroni-and-cheese, ravioli in cheese sauce, mashed potatoes, you get the gist). I'm surprised because I haven't been craving this stuff at all, and the worse thing I've eaten was a little sugar-free ice cream to numb the pain. I think my mom's surprised I turned her down when she offered to buy me Stouffer's mac-n-cheese. Personal victory for me, anyway.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #467  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 254/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Everyone's doing such a great job, whether it be exercising, staying OP, being accountable, providing encouragement, or all of the above. Makes me really happy to be part of this team!!

I've stayed OP (with my eating plan) for the first four days of the challenge. I can't count today until it's over. But, I was planning to add my exercise in as of today. Lo and behold, I find an exercise challenge this morning when I logged on. Just the added incentive I needed to get moving! So, I've already done half of what I need to do today to reach my goals for the week.

I have to say that I'm very proud of myself so far, and very proud of the RED TEAM!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #468  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
. . . . . . . .

Random invasion of the NEW Blue cheerleader thats now a 3FC smiley.

Thanks Roni!

YAY! and you're welcome.

Jewel, I HAVE to have choc at TOM also, so today to get my fix, I had coco pebbles for breakfast and I plan to work it off in a bit. It's more sugar than I normally partake in for breakfast, but yanno...sometimes a girl just needs some chocolate!

So far no cramps today, but I did twist the knee just now cleaning. I am icing it now because I want to do TBL2 workout @ noon.

I have come to the realization that I only lose weight during these challenges...hmmmm...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #469  

Morning Everyone...

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and good wishes. We are still trying to contact the oncologist, but we are also preparing for the inevitable...late stage lung cancer in a 92 year old woman does not lead to a positive prognosis. As this point we are just praying that she is comfortable.

But I will not be a Debbie Downer today. A full life lived to its utmost potential should be celebrated, and that is what we are trying to do.

I'd be less than truthful if I didn't say this has really tempted me to run off the rails where my eating is concerned, but so far I have recognized what is driving me towards wanting to eat and I have been able to circumvent the problem with other activities. This will truly be a test of my resolve to lose this weight.

OK...back to being a contributing team mate....Love all the cute doggie pictures, I tried to get my cat to sit still with a red bandana tied around her neck, but of course she was way above that. I'll get her though.

All the activity is fabulous...if we could harness all this energy we could overcome our dependency on oil one forum at a time.

Stay with me folks...the jokes will get better. Have a fantastic Thursday....Friday's almost here ! ! ! !
Old 05-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #470  

OK, the obnoxious "trainer wanna-be" is still posting in that forum:

"...I think so many of these people need the hand holding to get them started and I would be willing to do that for however long it took but I would start with a time frame and then have a maintenance program. I would like to charge one fee up front and then give them this in return. ..."

And the idiots over there are trying to encourage her to "follow your dreams". This is like a train wreck for me, I would totally stop reading that forum but I need to see what stupid thing this woman (oh, her name is Heidi...I am not making this up) says next.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #471  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Hey Vanetta! I love you attitude and your jokes are funny too. and 92 years is a long and awesome life! I hope she's comfortable as well.

I've been meaning to tell everyone that I love all the fur-baby pics! I am trying to get my kitties to be still, but they are all like, whatever.... Talk to the paw, or the fluffy tail as they walk away.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #472  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
OK, the obnoxious "trainer wanna-be" is still posting in that forum:

"...I think so many of these people need the hand holding to get them started and I would be willing to do that for however long it took but I would start with a time frame and then have a maintenance program. I would like to charge one fee up front and then give them this in return. ..."

And the idiots over there are trying to encourage her to "follow your dreams". This is like a train wreck for me, I would totally stop reading that forum but I need to see what stupid thing this woman (oh, her name is Heidi...I am not making this up) says next.
Vanetta, what's this forum??? Can ya pm me the link? I have found that people who have never been fat themselves have NO idea what it's really like, how hard it is, the crap we have to put up with from judgmental peeps. It truly urks me, but I do try to bless their ignorant little hearts and be forgiving. Maybe it's not their fault they are idiots....
Old 05-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #473  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey Red Sisters!

Greetings from Open House ****! Actually it's not as bad as I thought it would be....it will just be better when it is DONE!

Will write more later!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 199/187/160

Hi Everyone!

I made the mistake of not checking the thread for a couple of days. *faceplant* I'm not a very good forum person, so I'm going to need plenty of practice. Heh... I guess I'm just not that exciting of a person... And it's pretty easy for me to get lost in the messages.

Anyhow, I've been having too many late nights the past days, but managing to get my exercise in, even if it is at 10:00PM!

One thing you learn.. I am AMAZED at how many calories you eat when you're honest to yourself.. the 1800 number.. isn't hard to reach..

On the other hand, I'm learning that a good sized bowl of OATMEAL without all the sugar and other stuff isn't a bad filler. I think I'm going to turn into a bowl of oatmeal with all the oatmeal that I'm eating.

I've been doing inclined pushups.. and boy! Do I have chicken arms... I can do about 10 at a time, before I'm huffing and puffing, but have worked to do 2 sets of them. I know I'm pretty weak, but I guess it's a start.

Everyone, keep their chin up!
-Rach
Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #475  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Vanetta, what's this forum??? Can ya pm me the link? I have found that people who have never been fat themselves have NO idea what it's really like, how hard it is, the crap we have to put up with from judgmental peeps. It truly urks me, but I do try to bless their ignorant little hearts and be forgiving. Maybe it's not their fault they are idiots....
Oooo - me thinks someone may get a tongue lashing on another forum!

I used to be thin as a rail. I was never rude or judgemental of overweight people (as far as I can remember....at least never verbally). It's very interesting how one's views change when you become a member of the overweight population. I really cannot believe how rude people can be about other's weights. Did anyone see that Dateline (or some similar show) about some controlled experiments of some actors being openly rude to an overweight actress (also an experiment participant) in order to watch passer-byers reactions? It was very upsetting and disturbing.

About 8 years ago, I was in a relationship with an emotionally abusive SOB. I was probably a size 8-10 for most of that relationship. He was constantly telling me that I was fat because I was lazy. (I'd kill to be that size again....getting closer though ) I made the mistake of taking him to dinner with some of my friends and their husbands. He leaned over to me the entire dinner to make comments about how could I stand looking at my fat friends?, commenting on how much they were eating, etc. He was such an ! Ok - it's been a long time since we've been together and I'm not sure where that rant came from but I believe it's over now!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #476  

Happy May Day Everyone! I can't believe it's May already. One of my co-workers decided to bring goodies to work for May Day. Unfortunately, I have not been a good girl, so tomorrow will be day 1 OP. I don't know why but just one taste of sugar sends me on a binge. I just cannot do moderation. I admire those of you who can, but I am not one of those people. I do some sugar free sweets but struggle with moderation on sugared sweets. Oh well, what's done is done and I'm moving on. It would be helpful if everyone else in the office would do their part to get rid of the goodies , but I seem to be devouring the majority of them myself. I'm trying to figure out if my binge is emotional eating. I really cannot find a reason and I think it's just because it tasted so good. I am now on a sugar high. edited to add: what stinks is that the scale was down today - so what's my problem that I thought this would be okay?

Last edited by ksk571; 05-01-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen74 View Post
That sounds absolutely yummy! I am going to have to try that for breakfast tomorrow. Don't have any LC cheese though but I do have Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheddar. I love that stuff! I use the Thomas' light english muffins that have 8 grams of fiber. I have never seen the brand you mentioned.
I am on the West Coast (AZ) and this the only place I've seen the Oroweat brand of english muffins and bread...but it's all I eat now
Old 05-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #478  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Cool

havent had time to catch up.

i will say that this week has been a struggle.

i weigh in on mondays so i recorded my weight from the 28th and i was down 3 hopefully i dont gain with all thats been going on with my eating and schedule this week.

im happy today is payday and i can go to the grocery store and start fresh! i will be following a new diet plan and i pray that it works for me because right now my biggest issues are
1) making an exact plan for my eating. i need structure like a child otherwise i over do it.
2) sticking to my exercise plan no matter what happens. i have managed to be more active during the day but i need to sweat this booty and belly off! lol

have a lovely productive OP day ladies! i have faith in me and we!

briesy
Old 05-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #479  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Set yourself up for success. Failing to plan is like planning to fail so if you go in armed with your healthy foods you'll be less likely to choose the bad ones!

Okay BOB!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #480  
Takin' charge of my life!

I've been doing well on food choices until this morning when I had breakfast and got to work and realized it was donut day (first business day of the month) I did well, one small cake donut.

I am extremely sore today. I'm hoping their are not calories in Tylenol and Ibuprofen because I am ABUSING them today at work. My lower right side of my back down through my right leg are in PAIN! I wish I had a heating pad. Think this is from boot camp on Tuesday. I probably should not have gone running last night but I did. Should have probably swam laps instead.