Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
AND finally....speaking of baggy underwear...I finally broke down and started buying new clothes when my underwear got caught on the footboard of the bed as I walked by. There always has to be some trigger.

OMG....that is so funny. Yep, it's time to stop being a cheapo and get some new undies. It hasn't sunk in yet that I don't need these giant granny panties I'm still wearing. The fact that they touch my bra should have been a clue!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #197  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Rhonda - Did you ever get the books shipped out? Or are you gonna read Wings in the Night?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #198  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post

AND finally....speaking of baggy underwear...I finally broke down and started buying new clothes when my underwear got caught on the footboard of the bed as I walked by. There always has to be some trigger.
Okay, I just spit out my water and choked a little! Girl you crack me the **** up!!!! LOL!

Missing & Newbies, I know this thread can go fast and be overwhelming but please keep posting. Even if I can't do personals I LOVE reading what's going on with everyone. Also, Chelle is keeping the team threads up for us too until the new challenge starts, so (returnies) if ya feel overwhelmed here, just post with your team.

Well, I feel pretty proud of myself right now. I signed up to to the 3FC 5k this weekend, so today on the TM I decided to see how long it would take me, and I ended up with an hour!

Here's what I did:

Walk/Run(HIIT) on the TM for an hour.

Weights- Chest & Legs

Stretching.

Does anyone ever get the chills in the middle of running or fast walking??? I feel so skinny now, lol!

Anyway, I gotta go back a page and get caught up. Y'all stop typing so dang fast! I'm gettin' old.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #199  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quick post to let you know I'm not MIA and slacking. I'm busy at work and since I've been getting up at 5am to hit the gym before work, I've been going to bed early too. So, I'm out here, working my tush off, just not posting as much.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #200  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
I've noticed that something just doesn't feel right when I'm working out lately. I just about convinced myself that it's baggy underware!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #201  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody!!

I am doing well. Staying in good cal range, exercising every single day! woohoo! and drinking more water. Feels good!!

Welcome to all you newbies!! I like seeing all the newbies already coming to chat! Chatting really does help keep your head in the game. I bet if you come and chat enough here you won't drop out!! Hope all of you stay in the whole time!

And all us oldies, , we are doing great too, to still be joining in and coming back even if we haven't done too well or even if we did.

Congrats to everybody on caring enough about yourself to spend some time on here as well as at home, committing to the challenge and focusing on yourself enough to get in better shape. Doing this is like giving ourselves a gift, don't you think? This is one gift that no one else can give to you.

Hiya to Rhonda, Chelle, Tina, Melissa, Kelly, Diva, Vanetta, Dixie, Karen, Barb, BlzMax, missing, DMPLS, Shay and everyone else here!!!!

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!

Did you all join in on the 5k for the weekend? I made my own category. Living Room 3.1!!!! Imma do my normal 3 mile WATP and add enough to cover the .1! EZMONEY is hosting it, hope u all can join in if you haven't.

Hugs, Selina
Old 04-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #202  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon ladies! Just stopping by to say hello, and happy Friday Today is day 12 OP for me. Feeling good and my weight is holding steady. I made the gym yesterday for cardio/lower body. Today I'm going to do all cardio and maybe some ab machines. Yesterday the ab machines were all taken, so I just came home and did some crunches while watching tv. This weekend my girlfriend and I are getting together with some old high school friends. I haven't seen these people in about 11 yrs. I'm looking forward to it though...I feel like I'm in a really good place, so I don't give a rats arse what they think of me nowLOL! Not much else going on this weekend though. Sunday just relaxing around home. It's supposed to be a pretty crappy weekend weather wise around here Well our easy bake oven is pre-heated and Mattie is just about wetting her pants waiting for me. Have a great weekend ladies~
Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #203  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Selina...have a great weekend hun~
Old 04-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I will never catch up with this thread, so I'm just going to jump in right here It's Friday and I survived Spring Break, whoo! I have been under my calories everyday, but my exercise has been a bit different. Yesterday we went to the big park and while the kids rode bikes across the huge empty parking lot I walked (almost a run kind of wobbly walk) and made myslef keep up with them on their bikes, then we played follow the leader going up and down all the slides and climby things (I went down on my belly this time, didn't give into the fear) and then played freeze tag. I started out thinking I would run slow so they could get me, but quickly realized I had to really run to keep them from getting me! My legs are a bit sore today from that running, but it was fun. Then my daughter said "what next?" as I collapsed on a bench about to die.

It's supposed to rain here today, and I can smell it out there, so today's exercise is catching up on some serious cleaning and laundry. Next week they go back to school and I can return to normal schedule...but I think this week of unusual exercise should hopefully shake some things up in the weight department.

to all the newbies, hope to hang around more and get to know you guys.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #205  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keillynsmom View Post
I got to see a few moment of last week's BL and remember one of the ladies talking about running. In fifteen weeks, she'd gone from not being able to run to "running purposefully" and could see herself liking running some day. I was kind of amazed. As a 300+ person, I haven't "run" in years (more than eleven). I started to try it recently, fifty steps at a time. (Several centuries ago, when my dad was about to retire from the Navy, he had to pass a physical to get out. So he decided that he and his then teenage daughter would bond over running and that's how we started out out: run 50 steps, get your breath back and run 50 more.) Anyone else have try running after not running so long?
I am 300+ as well, and I HATE running. Even if I have the stamina to do it, it really hurts when all 300 pounds of me are flopping and bouncing around It hurts my feet (I have horrible issues finding sneakers that fit well), hurts my knees, and hurts anywhere where the fat bounces up and down while running

And so, for years now, I've maintained that there's no reason for me to run unless I'm being chased

I do lower-impact cardio like the eliptical since I have dumb feet and dumb knees (kneecaps started shifting outward when I was in my teens). I have lots of respect for you for running!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #206  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Does anyone ever get the chills in the middle of running or fast walking???
Only when the fan is blowing right on me and freezes my sweat!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #207  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I am 300+ as well, and I HATE running. Even if I have the stamina to do it, it really hurts when all 300 pounds of me are flopping and bouncing around It hurts my feet (I have horrible issues finding sneakers that fit well), hurts my knees, and hurts anywhere where the fat bounces up and down while running

And so, for years now, I've maintained that there's no reason for me to run unless I'm being chased

I do lower-impact cardio like the eliptical since I have dumb feet and dumb knees (kneecaps started shifting outward when I was in my teens). I have lots of respect for you for running!

You are doing what works for you! WAY TO GO! And who knows when you loose some weight things may change and you will be able to run, but if not its all good! as long as you are moving that is what counts! and the ellipitcal machine is NOT easy! way to go!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #208  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post

....for me, it would depend on who was chasing me!!

If you find running painful, than it's probably a good indication that other kinds of cardio are better suited for your body right now..so sounds like you are making a good choice!
I don't love running, but I do it because other than the work-out DVDs that I have, it's about the only kind of exercise I can squeeze into my day. Plus, it gets me some "me" time or one on one time with one of my 4 darlings.
We will also be pulling out our bikes soon (this weekend) because my kids love to go riding.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #209  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am looking forward to the day that my undies fall down around my knees! That will be a huge NSV that I can wave my saggy whities as a flag of victory.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #210  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Wanna hear something strange...I can run at 5.6 mph now. At least for a minute or two. However, I still can't stay on the eliptical more than a minute. It kills me. I must be doing it wrong? I'm eliptically challenged.

Okay back to work. Looks like I'll be here all weekend too.