Old 04-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #151  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
Does anyone else who has moved from where they grew up have the same problem that I have? Whenever anyone asks where I am from, I tell them Kentucky....I live in Seattle. It's been 10 years, and I still can't call WA State "home".
I'm originally from SoCal, via Eastern WA and transplanted to Seattle when I was 21 - nearly 16 years ago. I consider this *home* and LOVE it here. My DH is from Alabama and when someone asks where he's from he STILL says AL and not WA!! I have to laugh. He left AL over 20 years ago. But for him it is still *home*. Not that he ever wants to live there again.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #152  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Losers!

I've been fighting a horrible headache today. I've been laying around on the couch or in the bed. I finally feel like sitting up again and it's now 5:45 in the afternoon. *big sigh* The good news is that I'm on-plan.....food just isn't all that appealing right now.

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #153  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Wow you are all so funny. I am looking forward to having fun with you all!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #154  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Karen, our highest weights are close! I am about to be at what I weighed in Jr high too. It is sad. I have had some trouble thinking I don't know how I'll adjust to 'normal' weight so therefore being treated normally etc. But lately I've decided, I'm gonna lose it anyway, and deal with all that after!! LOL.

Been heavy since 5 years old and it disappointed my dad and most other ppl in my family, except my Mother, Thank God. LOL. I at least had her support, fat or not. Love you MOM! LOL.

I do want to live better, happier, healthier, etc. Watched a video of myself from 4 years ago, bout 8 months b4 I started losing it all. I wanted to just go give her a hug. Glad I'm not her anymore, but I had to go thru that to be the person I am today. It has made me more sympathetic to anyone struggling with any physical ailment or whatever. It's hard to live that way. I was tired often, couldn't do as much, etc. Glad that's over, I'll never get that heavy again, ever.

Congrats on losing all yours so far too!! I am shooting for 31 lbs this time. I think if I work hard enough I'll make it! Good luck this time around too!

Selina
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #155  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Anyone else out there decided on a Goal ... if you are going to have a goal.

I figure I will be around 220 when I start as WI numbers will go in right after my 16th WI.

I want to be around 185 when I finish the challenge, which will put me 10 poundes from goal (or at least my goal where I decide if I am going to drop another 20 pounds before I begin maintaining).

I hope to hit several milestones during this challenge, 100 lbs lost and Onederland. I am really looking forward to this!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #156  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi! This is my first Biggest Loser challenge, and I am super excited. Can't wait to get started. What great motivation!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #157  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Melissa--

Hi everyone,
I'm not exactly a newbie. This will be my third time around. First time I was on Red and lost 12lbs. This last time I was on Blue but quit because I was just not in a good space. I plan to be here the entire time this time and am really excited !

DMPLS--Love that quote in your signature. Gotta steal it for my inspiration book.

Vanetta--Thanks for posting the link to Jillian's podcasts. I've always been interested but never got around to finding out how to access them.

Tina & Josephine--Good to see you two here. I really questioned if this was the best thing for me but seeing both of you here lets me know it is.

I think it is so great to our own little space here on 3FC
Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #158  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good evening all,

So yesterday evening I went over the finances and cashed some of the last of my savings out. (Not retirement savings, they're untouched.) It will cover my school fees, books, etc. for the first year, and some expenses up to that point. So, then of course, I went out and bought weights. Nah, I'd planned on that. Nice PowerBlock dumbbells that are adjustable and if I ever need more than 50lbs each I can expand them. I don't think I'll need more, but who knows. I also bought 2 25lb plates to add to the barbell. That should keep me going for a while. I didn't even embarass myself carrying the two plates out to the car. The sales guy carried the dumbbells.

Kelly - I don't know why, but I've never set time specific goals. I suppose that I'm afraid if I don't meet them I'll be too disappointed. The only goals I really set is to eat to plan each day, drink plenty of water, and to do the exercising I have planned. I've had two bad days since restarting in December, so I've decided lately to continue to track on plan days. (93 with last week's weigh-in)
Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #159  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Shay- It's so good to see you here! How have things been going for ya? I love these challenges....I don't do so well in them, but I love the chats and support from my team. This time around I've made a promise to myself that I will hit my goal. I'm done playing around already...this has been over a year of trying to loose the last of this weight and I've just gotten fed up. I hope ya land on my team. If not though I'll pop over to chat with you Have a great night~
Old 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #160  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Kelly- Is that Michael from Prison Break under your signature? That man is one fine piece of meat I have to say though that show was beginning to drive me bonkers!! The only reason I watched was because of him
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #161  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there everyone

I've seen so many people give this challenge a try, I just had to see what was up! So... I'm a n00b ^_^ (Ack! Please be gentle) This is a pretty active area! (When I look into my crystal ball... I foresee much time wasted at work... )

Anyway, I'm kind of psyched to start and get to know everyone.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #162  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
Kelly- Is that Michael from Prison Break under your signature? That man is one fine piece of meat I have to say though that show was beginning to drive me bonkers!! The only reason I watched was because of him
I also have a thing for Wentworth Miller!! I started out watching every episode of Prison Break and then this last season I lost interest. It went too far for me. I don't know how it ended actually, if it has?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #163  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post

I had a real Twilight Zone moment last night. I was playing World of Warcraft and they have an option of voice chat. This lady was talking and I kept saying her voice sounded so familiar... I just couldn't place it. Then she started talking about her internet service and how it stinks in Newport News, VA. That's where I'm from! Freaky eh? Then when I said something about it, it ends up I've met/seen this woman at Busch Gardens Europe before! There were some other people that were in our little group... 8 other people happened to be from VA. Wow what a strange night.
Hey! you play WoW? What server are you on? I haven't been playing lately because I don't have time and I didn't renew my membership..but my bf plays and I'm on his char time to time, too...and I am planning on renewing it soon. hehe.. =)
Old 04-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #164  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
Hi! This is my first Biggest Loser challenge, and I am super excited. Can't wait to get started. What great motivation!
Hey keep swimming, glad to see you here! =)
Old 04-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #165  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Hi there everyone

I've seen so many people give this challenge a try, I just had to see what was up! So... I'm a n00b ^_^ (Ack! Please be gentle) This is a pretty active area! (When I look into my crystal ball... I foresee much time wasted at work... )

Anyway, I'm kind of psyched to start and get to know everyone.
I already "waste" much time on 3FC while at work...as I work 8PM-430AM and I'm still new to 3FC...With the TBL challenge, 3FC will never be closed, probably..until it's time to go home. hahaha... :P