Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #181  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Kelly, my goal for the next challenge is to lose as much as I did this last time (about 10 lbs) or more. To motivate & get motivated and to exercise everyday and eat healthy. I dunno why, but for some reason when I come here and post my daily activity and log my foods @ The daily plate, it really helps me stay on track. Whodda thunk it?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #182  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
My fiancé and I play WoW, too. As does my roommate. The roommate and fiancé play rather consistently, but I go hardcore for like 2 months at a time, and then don't play for 2 months... It is very addictive
That's how I was at first, but the closer I got to 70 the more I wanted to play. Right now I'm in a really good raiding guild so I'm getting some great t4 gear so I can switch back to protection.

I must sound like this huge nerd to the rest of you... reading romance novels.... playing online multiplayer games....
Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #183  
Made of Starstuff

Chellez - Then you've at least got a couple other nerds around to feel equally nerdy with! I'm all over the fantasy with a romantic story within... ie anything Mercedes Lackey. Yeah, probably when I get closer to 70 I'll be all hardcore again, but right now I'm content as a 61 rogue. Not that it was all that difficult to get to 61 considering how fast leveling seems nowadays... but that's a topic for a whole different forum!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #184  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning-I was reading the posts on page 12 and read something about health care systems and how someones husband doesn't have insurance so no one wants to care for him?! That is just terrible. I don't have insurance either and I don't wanna go to the doctor because it'll cost an arm and a leg. I just don't understand how we have to PAY to keep ourselves well and healthy. And it's so expensive. It's almost as if they are wanting us to get sick and die because we don't have the money. It's all about the money. Here in Houston there is a hospital that is run by the government and basically it's for those that don't have insurance and it's all free. Anything that needs to get done (basically in an emergency situation or something high risk) it's free or minimal cost. Which is a good thing in a way though. But I think some people say their death rate is pretty high. Not sure.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #185  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Kelly, my goal for the next challenge is to lose as much as I did this last time (about 10 lbs) or more. To motivate & get motivated and to exercise everyday and eat healthy. I dunno why, but for some reason when I come here and post my daily activity and log my foods @ The daily plate, it really helps me stay on track. Whodda thunk it?
They say that people who journal maintain their weight loss better than those who don't. I believe it. I know when I got lax on my journaling it got lax on my eating and got off plan too easily. I am back on to full journaling. I truly believe it is one of the best weight loss tools and the cheapest
Old 04-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #186  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Yup, I get everything I need right here @3FC, The daily plate, and the GYM. LOL! Who needs Weight Watchers??? Not me!

Last edited by Diva; 04-11-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Yipes.....this thread is a little overwhelming for me. I'm not going to even try to catch up, but I'll just jump in and say hi to everyone. I've been really busy this past week working out my new program with (for those of you who don't know me yet, that's simon my personal trainer). I have never worked out so hard in my life. I feel like I'm on the biggest loser!
Today when I woke up I did my morning weigh in and I am 182lbs.
I am starting to see some muscle definition in my legs and for the first time in a long, long time....I don't see a fat person looking back at me in the mirror. I stood there in my baggy underwear and looked....kinda normal. I don't know, I'm feeling really emotional lately, I KNOW that Mark from the biggest loser and I could sit down and cry for 2 days easily! I'm sorting through what this whole weight thing means mentally, and it's a hard process....but I feel like I'm finally making some headway.

Anyway, that's what I'm up to....I miss my blue team terribly and I need you guys back on a regular basis. I'm too ADD to handle this big thread.

I hope EVERYONE is doing great and gearing up for a new challenge. I'm hoping that with 's help, I'll be able to get close to my goal weight by the beginning of June. That's when Erica comes home on leave. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone.

Chellez: This is seriously the longest it has EVER taken me to read a book. Between work and I'm always running. I'm hoping to finish this weekend. I'll keep you posted, thanks for being patient with me....I know other people want to read it so I'll try to go faster.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #188  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I can't wait for the challange to start!!! What a fitting day to start too! It will be my 42nd birthday on the 27th!!! LOL

I have given up on keeping up on this thread since I guess most of you know eachother very well from previous challanges...........I have a hard time following LOL

Hope to get to know you all better as the challange gets going though!

I saw someone say all they needed was 3FC, TDP & the Gym LOL thats the way I feel although I don't use the Gym I have my treadmill & weights........but I know that if I don't use 3FC or TDP I fall short of my daily goals of staying within my calories and keeping my mind set on my end result........a Healthier and Leaner Me!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #189  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Good morning all!! YEAH its Friday! I love weekends! LOL Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #190  

HAPPY FRIDAY ! ! ! !

Has this been a long week or what? I'm just going with the stream of conscieceness post today after having read the last couple of pages....in no particular order:

You are welcome for the link to Jillian's podcasts, someone in the last challenge gave it to me so I am happy to pass that along.

Waste time at work on the internet? {she exclaims with mock surprise}

I think Hun e. B.'s comment on nurses was an observation not a criticism, not that I speak for Hun e. B. I've spent extended periods of time in hospitals with my mom (she's fine...too stubborn to be laid low for good), and the nurses ROCK. I have family and friends who are nurses and speaking with them about what they do and they people they take care of really puts my "problems" in perspective.

Hun e. B....I'm surprised they couldn't find a hospital for your husband in Seattle. Did they try Harborview? Or the University of Washington hospital? Harborview is a huge hospital where they turn nobody away...it is also the trauma hospital for the area.

I have no comment on our government system(s)...but I could (God Bless America).....ok, just a short rant, most of the time paying taxes is like throwing money down a sink hole....and then they want us to approve more taxes...are we STUPID, do you keep giving money to the drunk Uncle that doesn't know how to handle money and ends up spending what you give him on more beer?

Speaking of beer...it's a good thing I never learned to like the stuff, I would weigh 200 more lbs than I already do.

Just like WoW...good thing I never started playing that type of game...I would be the obsessive compulsive player that stayed up for days at a time trying to annihilate the universe.

AND finally....speaking of baggy underwear...I finally broke down and started buying new clothes when my underwear got caught on the footboard of the bed as I walked by. There always has to be some trigger.

Alright, alright....I'm going to do some work now.

SEE YA
Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Have a nice day everyone. I have to work tonight and then its my weekend off. Yay.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #192  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Today is my last vacation day. Usually, I'm kinda looking forward to going back to work as I get bored, but not this time. Everytime I start thinking about work and what's on my agenda for Monday, I deliberately put it out of my mind. I haven't even read my work e-mails since last Friday! Of course, I had this long list of spring cleaning chores that I planned on doing this week and I haven't finished a single one.

Melissa - I'm so sorry to hear that your Hubby is having trouble getting the healthcare he needs. I am continuing to pray for him, for you and for your family.
Kelly - My biggest goal for the next challenge is to get into Onederland. It's not gonna be easy, but I'm going for it. My 43rd birthday is on July 14th and I'd like Onederland for my birthday. My second goal is to get into my size 20 incentive jeans. Right now, I'm wearing size 24 and they are getting just the slightest bit baggy in the butt and the waist. Also, I want to get consistent with my weight loss efforts. No more falling off-the-wagon for a week or more.
Chellez - so glad you bought the healthy groceries and are getting back on track. One suggestion, print out a list of the calorie counts for McDonald's and post them within view on your desk. The calories in that stuff is just crazy, girl! Don't do this to yourself anymore. You deserve better.
Shay - It's so good to see you back here posting with us! Hmmmm...so you wanna be on Tina's team which would make you a red team member? Yikes...you'll need to turn in your whip...pronto! Only Bluesers can enjoy the benefits of a good whip!
DPMLS - Yes, many of us do know each other from previous challenges, but we love the newbies, too! You bring a new excitement and viewpoint to the challenges which helps to keep all of us motivated and excited. Please don't let the number of posts overwhelm you. Sometimes, it will be impossible to keep up with everyone and everything. The longer you're here the more you'll get to know everyone. Post when you can and read what time allows. It's sad to say, but three or four weeks after the challenge starts, you'll find that the threads get much quieter.
Lori - So glad to hear that Simon is doing a great job of challenging you! Please don't let the length of this thread panic you. Like I said to DPMLS, post when you can and read what you can. Let this thread work for you in what ever capacity you need.
Vanetta - Your underwear caught on the footboard?! That is funny!

Today is housecleaning day. Hubby is having poker night at our house tonight....about 10 guys. I'm not sure how I'll occupy myself and the DD's. Maybe, we'll catch a movie or I'll take them roller skating. Or, I might just stay home and clean out my closet. Dinner for me and the DD's will be my job tonight. I might take them out to dinner to Applebees. They have a lot of on-plan options for me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #193  

I've noticed that something just doesn't feel right when I'm working out lately. I just about convinced myself that it's baggy underware!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #194  

Hi,

Just jumping in. This will be my first BL challenge and I'm looking forward to it. I really need the inspiration.

I got to see a few moment of last week's BL and remember one of the ladies talking about running. In fifteen weeks, she'd gone from not being able to run to "running purposefully" and could see herself liking running some day. I was kind of amazed. As a 300+ person, I haven't "run" in years (more than eleven). I started to try it recently, fifty steps at a time. (Several centuries ago, when my dad was about to retire from the Navy, he had to pass a physical to get out. So he decided that he and his then teenage daughter would bond over running and that's how we started out out: run 50 steps, get your breath back and run 50 more.) Anyone else have try running after not running so long? I'm messing with my knees somehow (so far I think it's just tendinitus). I was wondering how they manage things with BL contestants -- going from no exercise to three to four hours a day still requires some sort of recovery.

Barb
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #195  

I am also a tad overwhelmed with the combined thread. I'm reading but won't be able to do the personals as well as in our smaller team threads. Can't remember who started the question, but my goals for the next challenge are:
  • Of course to lose weight. I'm hoping for about 15 pounds. I was 4 pounds short of that in this challenge, but we have a couple of extra weeks so that should help. 1 pounds a week average is very doable.
  • I struggled the last challenge with a 5-or-so week funk. My goal is to eat healthy and not go off plan for any extended period of time. Preferably not at all, but realistically I'd like to keep my unplanned eating to a meal at a time rather than having a day or week pass by before I get back on plan.
  • I always struggle with water intake and would like to improve that.
  • Last challenge I was able to exercise at least 6 days a week. I would like to continue that (or get back to that as this week hasn't been consistent with exercise.