Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #91  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I found this site for estimating caloric burn rate (you enter your weight and duration and it gives you the amount of calories burned for something like 200+ activities.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #92  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon ladies! Vanetta, it was so sweet to be missed, lol! I got up bright & early this am and hit the GYM, I did:
30 Minutes HIIT on the TM
5 minutes Weights (Legs)
then ran off to Yoga: 40 minutes.

The I went to the TN Career Dept to see what kind of jobs are around...sigh...I don't wanna work, but with the prices going up on everything, looks like I don't have a choice. Got a couple of leads...we'll see. My ENTIRE body is sore from missing just 1 little week of missing the GYM. OMG! The hip is aggravated too, but O'well. Got my Ibuprofen and ice bag's, it's all good. I don't know why but every since yesterday afternoon I have been moody.

I loved last night's BL episode. I swear me and Ali could be the same person...let's hope my body looks as well after I drop another 70 to 80 lbs. She looks so awesome! I want her to win. When she talks about the emotional side to losing weight, she could so be speaking for me. I got downright emotional after last night's show. I had an Epiphany as to exactly when i gave up on me and forgot all my hopes, dreams and got fat. It was weird. I think it's still getting to me. I need to find away to put it into words and blog it I guess.

Anywho, that's my day....I gotta go ice the hip.

All & Welcome to the newbies! I am so happy y'all are chatting with us.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #93  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Hey, I found this site for estimating caloric burn rate (you enter your weight and duration and it gives you the amount of calories burned for something like 200+ activities.

what is the site??
Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #94  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys. I couldn't go to the gym yesterday (I had SUCH a bad headache) but I did do the 3 mile WATP video. Today its' back OP and back to the gym for me!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #95  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi, Losers!

We just came back from Beau's first vet visit and I'm having a bit of lunch and a cuppa java before tackling this house. What a wrHi eck! Between the dust, dog hair and pollen that gets tracked in, my vacuuming and dusting duties are constant. Not to mention the clutter. I haven't been nagging this week, so nobody is picking up after themselves.

Speaking of pollen, I finally broke down and picked up some Claritin today. The papers are saying that our pollen counts are now 10 times what is considered a high pollen count. And, this is only the tree pollen. The grass comes next. Looks like a long allergy season for me. Hopefully, the Claritin will allow me to start walking the neighborhood with Hubby again today. As of tomorrow, it will be a week since we did our walking and the scales haven't moved this week. Of course, my over indulgence yesterday hasn't helped the scales any. Hubby wanted to buy some cookies "for the DDs" yesterday......and I ended up eating about 5 of them. They were absolutely delicious. And, he wanted to try some chocolate covered fruits...I lost count of how many of those I ate. Trust me, its just as easy to overeat on the healthier alternatives from those awesome grocery stores as it is to overeat on the processed junk. Including today, I have 5 days to make the scales drop again for my official Monday weigh-in....so, I'm back to eating on-plan. I just finished a cup of Lemon Curry Chicken soup that I got at Trader Joes. Oh my goodness! That stuff is delicious. I need to find a recipe for this stuff. I just might have to learn how to do some cooking. Hubby doesn't like curry and I absolutely love the stuff. (BTW, just went into the kitchen for a java refresher...and spied the evil cookies. Those things just might disappear into the trash soon!)

Vanetta - I love the Ezekiel break, although I ended up grabbing the wrong loaf. We ended up with plain rather than the cinnamon raison. Hubby hates the bread, I keep trying to find healthy alternatives for him and the DD's, but this bread is a very unusual type. I toast it and eat it with 1 tbs of natural peanut butter. Yummy!

Diva - Did you find some good job prospects? I don't want to work,either! We're on vacation this week and I'm loving the freedom.

Sending out a "big wave" to everyone. And, to all of our newbies, I'm so glad you've signed up to do the next challenge with us.

Okay....I asked Hubby to hide the cookies and the chocolate covered fruits. My willpower just isn't all that great today. Looks like I can now enter the kitchen safely. Good thing as it needs a good scrubbing. It's time for me to put on my housewife hat and get busy. Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-09-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #96  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly View Post
what is the site??
http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart...e/calculat.htm

Duh!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #97  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
LOL!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #98  
Former Quitter

Chellez....just tried my new coffee...Dark Sumatra. Good stuff, but it will surely wake anyone up! It's pretty strong. Hubby keeps asking me if I've tried my new Kama Sutra coffee yet. He's such a goof!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #99  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Chellez....just tried my new coffee...Dark Sumatra. Good stuff, but it will surely wake anyone up! It's pretty strong. Hubby keeps asking me if I've tried my new Kama Sutra coffee yet. He's such a goof!
I don't drink Coffee, but I might be interested in giving some "Kama Sutra" coffee to my DH
Old 04-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #100  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Rhonda - We have some of that coffee here at work that we won from a radio station contest (they brought a carafe of it already brewed and then some ground for later) and nobody is willing to drink it. They tried the brewed stuff and said it was way to strong for them. I'm not a coffee drinker but thought if the people here wouldn't drink it then it must have legs and is strong enough to walk!!
As for the Kama Sutra - sign me up!!!!!!

Last edited by chiquita623; 04-09-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
...Speaking of pollen, ... Looks like a long allergy season for me.
Have you (or anyone else) ever heard of a "netty pot"? I'm from KY so all my alergies kind of went away when I moved away for the grasses and hardwood trees found there...but my roommate is alergic to everything. Anyway, about 1/2 dozen of the folks I work with all tout these netty pots (a co-worker from Canada turned them on to it)....google netty pot, Dr. Oz has an article out there and there is even a You Tube video.

Coffee = ick....which kind of explains why I don't fit in so well here in Seattle.

LUNCH TIME ! ! !
Old 04-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #102  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
LOL!

LOL Thanks!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #103  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I saw the netti pot segment on Oprah that Dr Oz was talking about. They are great, especially if I've been around something that really triggers my allergies like smoke filled rooms or whatever. I also use it if I've been around anyone who is sick. It makes a big difference. The first time you use it though you are afraid you will drown.

I need to go workout now since my eating lately has been hit or miss. Did I mention Red Velvet Cake?

Last edited by hope4me; 04-09-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #104  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon all,

I'm killing time before I do my afternoon workout so I thought I'd say hello. Up until a month ago I was just doing some walking on the treadmill (fairly slow, but inclines of up to 10%), usually about 90 mins daily, and what I considered playing with weights. I'd seen a couple of posts about a book around the boards (The New Rules of Lifting for Women) so I thought it would give me a little more structure to my routine. I'm enjoying it a lot (when I'm not cursing it), doing it Mon/Wed/Fri. And yesterday, just because I'm insane, I started doing some walk/jog intervals on the treadmill. I knew that when the 2mph 5%+ incline was barely breaking a sweat that it was time to try something new. So as long as the knee holds out (one bad one) I'm going to do a 20-min set of the intervals each day in place of one of my 30-min slower ones.

Other than that, it's kind of quiet. The rain this morning made it dark and depressing (ie. rolled over and went back to sleep), but I see that the sun is trying to peek out a little now.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #105  
Former Quitter

Vanetta, last week Hubby and I started walking the neighborhood for exercise. Unfortunately, being outside triggered my allergies. I went to the drug store and bought a Nettie pot and started using it after I walked and right before bedtime. It didn't seem to help me much at all. Maybe the pollen counts are just too high right now and the walks are making me inhale the pollen deep into my sinuses.

Anne, are you doing your weight lifting from home? I've heard good things about the New Rules of Lifting. In the future, I'll pick up the book and try to re-vamp my workouts. For now, I need to put those resistance bands I bought to good use.